DUST v2 Reviews

By: Blackstone Labs

FORUM TOPICS

DUST v2 is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Blackstone Labs. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
Thanks to Blackstone Labs for sending it out!
  June 9, 2017

• Thermo
Introduction + Supplement facts
This review is for Blackstone Labs DustV2. I've tried the original dust that had the amp c in it and wow that stuff was amazing. I've also tried both version of dust xtreme DMAA & DMHA both were great. But I have yet to try dustV2 which would be the middle child in the dust family. DustV2 claims to give you great energy focus and pumps. Now let's see how this version of dust stacks up.
Unlike the other dust versions this one uses and 8.3g property blend in it. In this blend you will get beta alanine, l-Taurine, l-Carnitine-l-tartrate, citrulline malate 2:1, n-acetyl-l-tyrosine, betaine anhydrous, agmatine sulfate, l-norvaline, di-caffeine malate, caffeine anhydrous, hordeinine, n-methyl tyramine, maxxEndureXT (stearoyl vanniylamide)
Taste + Mixability + Dosing.
The flavor that I received was black lemonade which was not too bad but it could be very bitter and sour for some people. Didn't have any issues with the mixability of the product either. Dosing was mix 1 scoop with 8-10oz of water 30min before your workout.

Effectiveness 5.0/10
DustV2 is a great beginner pre-workout otherwise I would not purchase this product again. This is nothing like the other versions of dust. Now I did get a good amount of energy along with some focus during my workouts but it was not over the top. If you looking to walk into the gym and set a PR with dumbell flys this will not take you there. But this will give you a decent workout. Along this line the energy was good enough to get me though leg day even after working a 13hr day but it still lacked the energy and drive to go balls deep during squats. I was really hoping that this would be close to the original dust because that was crazy strong. But it really never took me to the level that I felt the need to just smash the weights like Branch Warren at metoflex. You could still feel the beta-alanine along with the pumps from the citrullline but it really never gave you the great endurance and pumps like similar pre-workouts that I've had before. If you're looking for the best dust to take this one may not be the one for you. But if you are just starting off with pre-workouts this would be a very good one for you to take.

Value 4.0/10
The cheapest place I could find dustV2 was elite nutrition where a 30 serving tub went for 33.99 which is a 1.13 per serving.
Side Effects
Zero

Conclusion
If you are a beginner with pre-workouts DustV2 is a really good product to get. But if you're looking for something a little stronger I would look elsewhere.
  • Black lemonade: 7/10

August 4, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Focus
  • Thermo
  • Unique Experience
    Man, I couldn't wait to review this! thought I'd be the first, but "horsty" beat me to it.
    His review is great and it's spot on and he was kind enough to list the ingredients and their effects, so I won't re-hash that info.
    Check out his review for info on all that. Thank You Horsty!

I really liked "Angel Dust," but it was really brutal on the ol' adrenals and I needed a good long break from strong PW's.
    This new iteration is better in several ways, but not so intense on the stims. That said, it is still very, very good for energy and you will certainly feel it. But it's unique, in that the energy is evenly distributed, both physically and mentally. The usual beta-tingles are there, but very brief, the pumps, spine tingling and such are there also, but focus and a feeling of almost euphoria comes with it and it's fantastic!
    If you've tried "Upload" or "Fully Loaded" and liked those, you will surely like this also.

Like horsty, I train fasted too, but I work out in the morning, after about 12 hours from my last meal the night before.
    The rush you get from PW's on such an empty stomach is un-matched for just about any PW product. (try it sometime)
    I add BCAA's also, but they are vit.shop brand and are unflavored, so the "Red Ice" flavor I got is pretty decent.

I decided to try stacking this with Blacksone's "Razors Edge" cognitive enhancer and all I can say is WOW!!!
    Just one scoop of V2 and 1 cap Razor's edge and I get an amazing mix of sensations: focus, energy, motivation and a euphoric,
    almost giddy feeling, that one must try to fully appreciate.

Noticeably absent in this formula is "Creatine." Thank you Blackstone, awesome decision!
    It's summer and alot of us feel and look bloated from creatine and it's nice to finally have a product that offers the pump and power,
    without all that water and bloat. So, this makes V2 great for women, asthetic physique athletes, cross-fitters and people concerned with weight control.

Speaking of weight control, one more unique thing about V2, is the intense thermic effect it provides.
    I start sweating within about 7 minutes while warming up my joints. Crazy! So that makes V2 is great for cardio and or HIIT training too, without the heavy feeling you get from most PW's.

Summing up, this is a great offering from Blackstone Labs and should satisfy everyone from the stim-junky to the clean, lean gains enthusiast.
    Horsty suggested it was expensive, but I believe it is worth it, both for the unique ingredients and for the unique sensations it provides.

But, if you shop around you'll likely find some good deals here and there. In any case, this is a great product and it is "must try" as far as I'm concerned. (stack with "Razor's Edge" for super-effect)

July 15, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Focus

-----
    Update 01/02/2016:
    As much as I loved this supplement there is one ingredient(Acofuel/Betel Nut) in it that has been linked to cancer. Just wanted to make sure everyone is aware of this when they consider this as their preworkout.
    -----

This is my second product review thus far. I am 5'10 195lbs, mainly do strength training (5x5) twice a week as well as higher rep training (5x8) once a week. I do intermittent fasting with the 8 hour meal window daily between 1pm and 9pm, mainly because of working full time and going to school full time it makes my diet easier since I do not like eating first thing in the morning. I train fasted, with 10 grams of raw BCAA's mixed in with my preworkout, and 10 grams in my intraworkout. Other products I use are Purus Labs Noxygen and Platinum Labs Amino Grow(Which I think is the same company as Blackstone or owned by the same people).

The main thing I look for in a preworkout is the focus aspects of it, and this had an interesting amount of stims and nootropics in it which is the reason I purchased it. I took the ingredient list off of their website, the one thing I do not like about this is that it is a proprietary blend, but oh well have to live with it.

Beta Alanine: reduces lactic acid build up while training allowing for more sets and reps throughout the course of a workout.

L-Taurine: increases mental concentration and alertness and can improve your overall sense of well-being. Taurine has proven to regulate oxidative stress, protect against hardening of the arteries, lower blood pressure, support blood sugar levels, and support energy production.

L-Carnitine Tartrate: plays a vital role in energy metabolism, specifically the transport of fatty acids into mitochondria where they can be burned for energy. Recent research suggests added support in the way of better performance, testosterone support, and fat metabolism.

Citrulline Malate 2:1: is primarily known to delay the onset of fatigue during high-intensity training and a precursor to nitric oxide allowing for better pumps while training. Citrulline Malate actively delays pH buildup in the muscles. By keeping muscle pH levels at a manageable level, Citrulline Malate aids in recovery and helps to alleviate soreness.

N-Acetly-L Tyrosine: benefits include mood enhancement, counteracting negative side effects of stimulants by lowering anxiety, and promoting healthy blood pressure during times of stress.

Velvet Bean Extract: is a neurotransmitter that promotes enjoyment and interest in life.

Betaine Anhydrous: may boost your production of vital neurotransmitters and support SAM-e levels in order to promote a positive outlook. It may also support body composition changes due to its effect on energy pathways, and might also decrease homocysteine levels, a marker of oxidative stress.

Agmatine Sulfate: has been shown to greatly increase hyperaemia and help extend pumps to long after your workout is complete.

L-Norvaline: is a form of the branched chain amino acid known as Valine, and while showing some of the nutritional benefits of Valine, L-Norvaline has also been suggested to help support circulation and cardiovascular efficiency. During exercise, it is important to maximize blood flow so that nutrient-rich blood flows to the active muscle tissues. When there isnt enough blood flow to specific areas, you will feel it in the form of fatigue and muscle failure.

Di-Caffeine Malate: generates the same energy and focus as caffeine, but with less stress on the stomach.

Caffeine Anhydrous: triggers a range of performance-specific benefits including improved focus, elevated alertness, faster reaction time, reduced fatigue, increased endurance and elevated mood.

Hordenine supports mental and physical energy and a positive mood.

N-Methyl Tyramine supports increases in energy levels, mental focus, and delivers jitter-free energy. It also helps to maintain an improved blood flow to muscles supporting muscle growth and supports the reduction of post workout fatigue. Another benefit is better fat loss as part of a healthy lifestyle as it mobilizes fat by releasing glucose from energy store.

Acofuel improves athletic performance, energy, and mood.

Eduramax (Stearoyl Vaillalaminde 98%) is an electrolyte which enhances endurance and recovery.

Noopept is a nootropic supplement, also called cognitive enhancers and brain boosters for their ability to produce positive effects for mental performance. Some of these benefits include improved memory and speed of recall, enhanced learning capacity and attention span, increased mental energy, focus, concentration and clarity of thought. These effects can lead to better decision making, improved problem solving and even more creative thought. Communication between neurons in the brain is improved which enhances their overall efficiency and may even work to keep the brain healthier.

Yohimbine Bark (Std 10%) can lead to increased fat loss especially in trouble areas such as the midsection and love handles for men and glutes and thighs for women. Yohimbine can also support sense of well-being and mood and suppress your appetite. In its herbal form, yohimbe has been used for centuries as a performance enhancer and stimulant.

Stearoyl vanillylamide is a naturally-occurring capsaicin analogue found in various pepper species. Capsaicin is responsible for the hot/burning feeling caused by chili peppers.

As you can see it has a lot of ingredients you'll find in most pre workouts(Beta Alanine, L-Taurine, Citrulline Malate, Betaine Anhydrous, Caffeine Anhydrous, N-Acetly-L Tyrosine) as well as some you don't mainly the noopept, which is an interesting ingredient, however you usually need to take it daily in order to achieve any benefits from it.

Overall this blend is mainly focused on the stim side of a preworkout.

Eh, I've had worse. I got this bogo from A1supps and got the Blue Sky and Red Ice. Blue Sky is okay, however it is hard to taste anything over the 10 grams of raw BCAA's I add so I cannot comment too much on the taste.

My preworkout prior to this was Platinum Labs Defcon1(Original) which I would describe as 9.5/10 in effectiveness, broke many PR's with that stuff. However they changed the ingredients because a form of PEA was banned, and the 2nd formula wasn't as good. Hence why I choose to take my chances with the bogo on Dust V2.

Pumps:(7/10) On Dust V2 alone without the Noxygen the pumps were solid, with Noxygen I notice a huge difference.

Focus: (9.5/10) Here is where it shines, I had the original Jack3d and original Craze, Dust V2 reminds me of the original Craze in that the focus comes on slowly and then hits you like a fright train, unlike Jack3d which yeah you were focused, focused to the point where you would tear anyone's head off who dared take your bench or try to talk to you during your workout. The focus for Dust V2 is great, it gets me zoned in and helps me stay focused on the task at hand which is to lift heavy things.

Energy: (8/10) The energy is solid, I'm usually good for a 90 minute workout with this stuff, though I think the intraworkout helps to keep me going through out the workout. There is a slight crash from this, but nothing major.

Here's where it doesn't shine, $39.99 for 30 serivings which is on the high side, I got this bogo from A1supps so I paid 39.99 for 2 which is a great deal. Though I do not see myself buying one for that price, its just more than I would want to spend on a preworkout.

Side Effects

Usual side effects with any stim products, little bit of jitteriness and anxiety for me nothing serious.

Conclusion

Love this preworkout, and will keep using it till I run out and hopefully by then A1 or someone else is running a bogo on this otherwise I might have to look elsewhere for a better priced product.