Dust Extreme DMHA Reviews

By: Blackstone Labs

Dust Extreme DMHA is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Blackstone Labs. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

6.8
Thanks to Blackstone Labs for sending it out!
  May 31, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Focus
  • Slight Aftertaste
  • Bit Pricey

First off I want to thank Blackstone Labs for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This has been a pre-workout I have wanted to try for awhile now. Been hearing that this is suppose to be really heavy on stims and wanted to try it mainly for that reason. Awhile back I got to try their regular Dust V2 and thought that was so so and figured that since this is suppose to be more extreme this should be a lot better. Was this any better for me than their Dust V2 I guess we will find out.

What I like about this is that they fully disclose everything they put in here meaning no prop blends. It's really nice knowing what all your getting and how much. This is going to be one of your heavier stim products. They use 350mg of caffeine in this which is a decent amount. If your more sensitive to caffeine this might not be for you. I like that they use 4 grams of Citrulline Malate 2:1 and 1 gram of Agmatine Sulfate to help you more with pumps.

N-Acetyl-Tyrosinen 500mg for focus. I found this to be a little low on the dosage.

Beta-Alanine at 2.5g. This I feel is an ok amount. I never really feel anything from this meaning Beta tingles that some people get but that does not mean it's not working for me.

Hordenine another stimulant that is bitter orange related. Not much info is available on this yet so not really sure if it's good or worked for me.

Higenamine (75mg) This is known to dilate the bronchial tubes similar to Ephedrine and a beta 2 agonist. It should help in the uptake of the stimulants.

Huperzine 300mg. This is suppose to enhance your mood. They do put a decent amount in here at 300mg. I am starting to see more companies lately starting to use this ingredient more. I know nootropics are starting to become a lot more popular as of lately and this is one of the ingredients they put in them.

It was either pineapple mango or sour gummy bear. Right away I had to go with the sour gummy bear. This has been a flavor I have been seeing a lot lately and have been wanting to give it a try. Since this was my first time trying this flavor I could not compare it to any of the other companies that have this flavor to know if it was any better or not. I thought it was ok. It was nothing that I thought was amazing and could not wait to drink again. It does have that nice gummy bear taste to it which you will have no problem drinking. I did notice just a little bit of a weird after taste to this. It was nothing real bad but just enough to notice. I think overall they did a good job at getting this flavor down just right now.

No issues with it mixing. You won't get any left over settlement with this. Since this is a bit on the heavy side stim wise I would stick to one scoop. I would take this about 15-20 before my workout.

For this being the extreme version and suppose to be a bit heavier on stims I never really felt that really hard smack you in the face type jolt of energy from this. I mean I did get some decent energy from this but nothing that made me feel all cracked out and jittery like which I figured would happen with this product since it is suppose to be the more extreme version than their regular Dust V2 product. At first it does hit you kind of hard but that did not last very long for me. When I had tried their regular Dust V2 product I heard that was suppose to be pretty heavy on stims but never got much from that and when I heard about this newer version the Extreme I figured this would hit me a lot harder but not a hole lot of difference I found between the two. This of course was a bit more but not a huge difference for me to really notice. I do feel it helped keep me going through out my whole workout which was nice. I noticed at times my endurance was better and could keep going more. I know there were a few times after doing some of my more intense sets I would feel a bit more winded and could feel my heart racing a bit more. This only happened once in awhile just depended on how hard I was working out and what I was doing.

The pumps from this were so so. I always have trouble in general feeling a good pump. They do put some good stuff in here to help with pumps but for me it was not enough to really feel them and that is why I feel the need to have a pump product I can stack. I did stack this with their Hype Extreme product but that for me did not help much and turned out to be not so great a product for me. You can see my review I posted for that product on here also. This is not meant to help a lot with pumps because it is geared more toward energy which makes sense. That is why they say you should stack this with one of their pump products hype or hype extreme.

The mental focus I got from this was ok. I would have liked it to have been a lot more. I never felt that laser like focus I like to get that really helps me lock into my workouts better so I can focus better on what I am doing and block out other distractions better. It did help me some at staying better on track to what I was doing but nothing that seemed to last very long.

My overall strength gains from this were minimal. I never really felt a real lot on strength gains from this. I feel I stayed around the same on weight for a lot of my lifts I do and never really increased on weight to much. I feel this was lacking on a few things that could have made this a lot better for me. After using their Dust V2 and now their Dust Extreme I never really notice a huge difference between the two products. Yes the extreme did hit me a little harder but not enough to make me feel like this was more extreme like. A lot of the same effects I got were the same between the two products. I figure that since this was the extreme version I would have noticed a really big difference between the two products but I did not. Maybe it was just me and how I reacted to this product but overall I felt this did not do a real lot for me that really wowed me in terms of effectiveness. If I was only using this once in awhile and not all the time I think it would be good for that reason but not use all the time when you workout.

The cheapest I could find this was on tfsupplements.com for $39.78 for 25 servings. On most other sites they want $44.99. That is pretty much the standard price for this on any sites that carry this. I noticed with their products that whatever you see the price for on one site that is pretty much the same price you will see on other sites. I think for this product the price is a little to high especially since you are only getting 25 servings and not 30. For this being a so so product for me the price is just to high for me to want to buy.

Side Effects

Nothing I really noticed. I would say if your more sensitive to caffeine this might be a little to much for you at 350mg.

Conclusion

For this being their extreme version I did not feel it performed that way for me. Like I said above that when I used their Dust V2 I did not notice much of a difference between these two products. Between the two products I would rather take this over their Dust V2. Not sure what it was but I really was hoping this would have worked better for me. It's not a bad product at all it just did not do a lot for me. I guess what I would say is give this a try yourself because I feel a lot of people will really enjoy it and find it to be a decent product. I would say if you can get a good deal on this go for it and give it a try but at $45 this is a little to much I care to spend. I am just really up in the air about this product and don't want to say it was bad but it was not great either. Again I want to thank Blackstone Labs for making this product and letting me have the chance to give it a try.
  • Sour Gummy Bears: 8/10

Overall
Thanks to Blackstone Labs for sending it out!
  May 12, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Caffeine
  • Nice Pumps
  • Good Focus
  • Possible Insomina
  • Bit Pricey

What's up SR, hope all are doing well! I would like to thank Blackstone Labs and the Trooper program for allowing me to give Dust Extreme a run. As always, I am always looking for a good strong stim product to use on my weekend workouts, typically when I work out in the evening, I try to take a mild pre-workout so I can sleep. After looking at the product label on Dust Extreme, I decided to select it and give it a run.

Right off the back, the label is fully disclosed, which is always good to see. There are some goodies here that will give you that burst of energy and focus to get you through your workout:

Citrulline Malate - there is 4 grams, which to me is perfect, since anything over 4 grams for me, causes me to start my workout in the restroom

You get 1 gram of Agmatine Sulfate, which is about the right amount that you find in most pump products that actually work.

There is 350 mg of Caffeine to get you rocking and rolling, along with 300 mcg of Huperzine to give you that warm and fuzzy feeling at the gym.

Black stone Labs included a nice does of Dimethylaminoethanol, also known as DMAE. This helps with focus by increasing the level of rational thinking and data processing; there is 750mg in Dust Extreme.

Taste - as always, for me, as long as the product works, I do not care for the taste; however, for those you like to taste their goodies, Dust Extreme is not bad tasting at all

Mixing - This mixed well, no settlement at the bottom of my shaker cup.

Dosing - I took one scoop about 15 to 20 minutes before hitting the gym

Wow, Dust Extreme hit me like a rock! My initial dose, it kicked in about 10 minutes into, so my drive to the gym was like I was racing in Monte Carlo, again Hamilton in F1 racing; good thing for radar detectors! The Beta-Alanine kicked in pretty quick, which was an indication that the 2.5 grams preserving in Dust Extreme actually worked well for me.

As for my workouts, man, I forgot what time I got to the gym; Dust Extreme lasted about 4 hours, even after I left the gym. The focus was great, I was in a zone as I did my routine, which was great, so I can maintain my form as I do my movements; my attention sometimes is short, when a fantastic looking honey walks by! I was able to hit some personal best while on Dust Extreme, especially chest and shoulders. The pump on Dust Extreme were nice, I did not have to stack a pump product with it; however, when I did stack a pump product, the pumps were over the top.

I once tried to go a little over the 1 scoop recommendation, yeah, that was a mistake! I went nuts in the gym, but within 30 minutes, I started to feel light headed and ended up in the restroom to release my pre-workout meal; never again!

This is a bit on the high side, for a pre-workout with only 25 servings; yes, if you work out for 25 days straight on this, the value gets tossed out the window. However, if you use it 3 to 4 times a week, then I can see this being a decent value. The lowest I have seen it has been for about $ 43.00, if you go to Black Stone Lab's site, it is listed for $55.00, but as being part of the SR family, we are able to get 20% off by using SRTROOP as a code

Side Effects

If you are sensitive to stims, you will experience some levels of insomnia, which I did, being a stim junkie. This was despite taking this at 11am, yet, I would have a hard time falling asleep. In addition, stick to the recommended dose, unless you want to see what you ate end up in the toilet.

Conclusion

At the end of the Blackstone Labs did put out a strong pre-workout, with some good added focus properties; their product claims were backed by how it affected me and my workouts. As always, not everyone will have the same effect as I did, which is the reason why SR is here to share our experiences. As I mentioned before, if you are stim sensitive and really want to give this a try, start off with half a servings. In addition, I would like to see Dust Extreme's price point to be around $37 to $39; it would be more competitive. Thank you again Blackstone Labs for the opportunity.

April 10, 2017

• DMAA
  • Slight Aftertaste
I was in the market for a new preworkout a few months ago. I came across Blackstone Labs Dust EXTREME. They were really blowing up the fact they put the DMAA back in a pre. So color me interested. I took some time looking around to find the best price. I ordered me a tub of it and was ready to give it a shot.

Taste 9/10

I had the sour gummy bear. I'm telling you, it was pretty good. I was very skeptical but the other mango flavor didn't really sound that good to me. I think they nailed this one. There was a tad bit of chemical aftertaste but that doesn't bother me too bad.

Profile 8.5/10

This is a high score but it's not like they really went cheap here on the ingredients.

The caffeine was 350mg. Seeing as most companies just put half that in a scoop, I was already liking what I was seeing.

Now for the important part, the 1,3 DMAA..75mg. Sadly, a lot of people don' t even know if that's a lot or not. So I'm sure all of us that have been doing this for any real length of time remember the pre that started this whole DMAA high stimulant thing. Those of us who remember that product will also remember within 2 weeks, we were taking 3 scoops of it. Well, for what is arguably the most popular pre of all time, guess how much DMAA it had per serving? 25mg is what is reported. So here we are at 3x (or 3 scoops for those of you bad at math) of the "best of all time" Can you feel that?

4g of Citrulline Malate in a 2:1 ratio. This indicates there is twice as much citrulline at malate acid. This is for endurance and 4g is about 2-4 low for this but it's not like endurance is what this product is advertising.

N-Acetyl-Tyrosinen 500mg for focus. This seems to be on the lower end of the scale but once again, a little focus with the energy this promises can go a long way.

The Beta-Alanine at 2.5g is pretty standard. I didn't feel it but I rarely do anyway. Just because you don't feel it, doesn't mean it isn't helping.
2-Amino-5-Methylheptane (500mg) is supposed to be the next DMAA. I have personally never been that impressed with this and think it's all smoke and mirrors. It's in here so it's on the label. If you like it, good for you.

Hordenine another stimulant that is bitter orange related. There's not a lot of info out there on it as it hasn't been studied that much. One very strange reading I found was a connection between this and false morphine drug tests. Supposedly it has to be high doses for the test to pop but that was interesting.

Noopept as a nootropic to help with moods.

Huperzine-A was some interesting reading. I don't take mood enhancers so this was new to me. It is said to stop an enzyme from breaking down acetylcholine which results in increases in acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is used for muscle contractions. This is all pretty interesting but I couldn't pronounce any of it if my life depended on it. This has 300mcg which is on the high end.

At one time, this has Arcofuel in it I think. My tub did not. This has been reported to be like nicotine and potentially cancer causing. Just throwing that out there but to note again..my tub did not have this so they must have pulled it out after the priceplow report on the ingredient.

This profile could have been a 9 without the extra stuff in there that is not researched, or it could have been an 8 had it not worked that well. Of course effectiveness does factor into the profile so I hit the middle.

Effectiveness 8.7/10

Speaking of effectiveness, this stuff worked! I went with just one scoop based on the caffeine and DMAA. That was a good call on my part. I had a lot of energy the first time I trained on this. I generally train between 75-90 minutes depending on who is there and how much spotting/evaluating I have to do. This here took me throughout my workout every time and I had plenty of energy left at the end. Sometimes I'd throw some bro-workout in with arms just because I still had plenty of energy and nowhere to be.

I used one scoop throughout the tub. I was actually at a heaping scoop by mid tub but not ever 1.5 scoops. Even on the days I was really tired from lack of sleep or a bad day at work, one scoop got me through the workout.

I can't really say I had increased focus or pump but once again, this is about energy and not fluff.

Side effects were minimal. I didn't personally get the jitters but my caffeine intake per day would be an issue with a lot of people. If I trained too late, I may toss and turn in bed for about 30 minutes before I could fall asleep which is rare for me anymore. Normal bathroom visits before hitting the weights. For me, the side effects were not a big deal at all.

Value 7/10

I may be a little hard on this but it's commonly found in the $40 range. You can score some in the low $30s which is where I got mine at ($32). That's not too bad and the fact that I only had to use a heaping scoop so it was close to the 30 servings on the label, that was good.

Overall 8/10

This was a great pre. The taste was enjoyable and it delivered what it promisedenergy. If you need to have the bro-pump at the end of your workout, you're going to have to add a pump product in with it which does decrease the value.

My tub had issues with all the powder being clumped together when I first ordered it. This was a winter order so it wasn't heat related but still could have been moisture related. I haven't heard if this is an issue with other people so we will have to wait.

I personally wouldn't give more than $38 for this product. It's great to have the DMAA again (which may be going away again) and the high caffeine but most people don't need that. You can get a good pre in the $35 range.

I do recommend this and ordered another tub already to throw in my cabinet in case the FDA gets bored again.
  • Sour Gummy Bears: 8/10