A Mean o’ Daddy BCAA Reviews

By: Black Sheep Supplements

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Black Sheep Supplements for sending it out!
  November 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced DOMS
  • No Extras
  • Too Expensive For Just Bcaas

A Mean O Daddy is an interesting looking newcomer to the BCAAs line of supplements, but doesn't quite match up with the other competition.

A special thanks to Black Sheep Supplements for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with the BCAAs product A Mean O Daddy. With their ability to assist in energy, endurance, and recovery, BCAAs have their potential place in every fitness buff's supplement regimen regardless of individual goals. With their versatility, I've used BCAAs pre, intra, and post but often stick with post workout supplementation for recovery. However, I will also try them intra as well for endurance and energy.

A Mean O Daddy contains a simple profile.

Each serving provides 6g of the BCAAs L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine. The ratio is listed as 2:1:1. There is no indication of how much of each is provided as part of the 6g dose. Doing the math I would guess maybe 3g of L-Leucine, 1.5g of L-Isoleucine, and 1.5g of L-Valine?

The product is available in one flavor, which is Pissed Off Pineapple Ginger. While not the worst thing I've tasted, I was not a fan of this flavor. It had a strong bitter taste similar to that of straight up ginger with a subtle slightly sweet hint of pineapple flavor. It was not very enjoyable and left an unpleasant bitter aftertaste.

Despite a little foaming, the mixability was fine for the most part. I mixed it in water and sports drinks, and it was the same either way.

For the first two weeks, I stuck to using a single scoop serving post workout. For the remainder of the cycle, which was a little over another week, I increased to two servings post workout to see if I would get better results.

My efficacy is based solely on post workout supplementation as I didn't use this pre or intra workout.

A one scoop, A Mean O Daddy did improve my recovery and reduce my DOMS to a moderate degree, but was lacking in comparison to what I would've preferred.

Once I increased to two servings, as expected it was significantly better. My DOMS and overall recovery were much better and I also saw an increase in natural energy the following days. I felt less fatigued overall post workout and going into other training sessions in the following days.

Truthfully though, I would've expected better based on my experience with other BCAAs products.

Right now, A Mean O Daddy goes for 18.99 for a 30 day supply tub. This is cheaper than other products, but the value is hurt by the lack of efficacy and the need to use two servings for significant results. It is still worth the investment for those wanting to try a BCAAs product, but I would prefer an uptick in BCAAs dosage with better results for a more favorable value.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, A Mean O Daddy does get the job done, but falls short in comparison to other BCAAs products. Some things I would like to see improved:

Higher BCAAs quantity per serving
Better Taste
The Addition Of Some Electrolytes For Hydration

At 18.99 it is worth a try, but be advised you may need two servings so the price can add up overtime. Hopefully the company takes my suggestions and improves the product in the future.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!