A Mean o’ Daddy BCAA Reviews

By: Black Sheep Supplements

A Mean o’ Daddy BCAA is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Black Sheep Supplements. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Overall
Thanks to Black Sheep Supplements for sending it out!
  November 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced DOMS
  • No Extras
  • Too Expensive For Just Bcaas

A Mean O Daddy is an interesting looking newcomer to the BCAAs line of supplements, but doesn't quite match up with the other competition.

A special thanks to Black Sheep Supplements for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with the BCAAs product A Mean O Daddy. With their ability to assist in energy, endurance, and recovery, BCAAs have their potential place in every fitness buff's supplement regimen regardless of individual goals. With their versatility, I've used BCAAs pre, intra, and post but often stick with post workout supplementation for recovery. However, I will also try them intra as well for endurance and energy.

A Mean O Daddy contains a simple profile.

Each serving provides 6g of the BCAAs L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine. The ratio is listed as 2:1:1. There is no indication of how much of each is provided as part of the 6g dose. Doing the math I would guess maybe 3g of L-Leucine, 1.5g of L-Isoleucine, and 1.5g of L-Valine?

The product is available in one flavor, which is Pissed Off Pineapple Ginger. While not the worst thing I've tasted, I was not a fan of this flavor. It had a strong bitter taste similar to that of straight up ginger with a subtle slightly sweet hint of pineapple flavor. It was not very enjoyable and left an unpleasant bitter aftertaste.

Despite a little foaming, the mixability was fine for the most part. I mixed it in water and sports drinks, and it was the same either way.

For the first two weeks, I stuck to using a single scoop serving post workout. For the remainder of the cycle, which was a little over another week, I increased to two servings post workout to see if I would get better results.

My efficacy is based solely on post workout supplementation as I didn't use this pre or intra workout.

A one scoop, A Mean O Daddy did improve my recovery and reduce my DOMS to a moderate degree, but was lacking in comparison to what I would've preferred.

Once I increased to two servings, as expected it was significantly better. My DOMS and overall recovery were much better and I also saw an increase in natural energy the following days. I felt less fatigued overall post workout and going into other training sessions in the following days.

Truthfully though, I would've expected better based on my experience with other BCAAs products.

Right now, A Mean O Daddy goes for 18.99 for a 30 day supply tub. This is cheaper than other products, but the value is hurt by the lack of efficacy and the need to use two servings for significant results. It is still worth the investment for those wanting to try a BCAAs product, but I would prefer an uptick in BCAAs dosage with better results for a more favorable value.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, A Mean O Daddy does get the job done, but falls short in comparison to other BCAAs products. Some things I would like to see improved:

Higher BCAAs quantity per serving
Better Taste
The Addition Of Some Electrolytes For Hydration

At 18.99 it is worth a try, but be advised you may need two servings so the price can add up overtime. Hopefully the company takes my suggestions and improves the product in the future.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO PATS!!!
  • Pissed Off Pineapple Ginger: 4/10

Overall
Overall
6.3
6.6
5.9
Thanks to Black Sheep Supplements for sending it out!
  July 30, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced DOMS
  • No Extras
  • Too Expensive For Just Bcaas

Decent BCAAs with natural flavorings and sweeteners, but missing all the extras for an intraworkout for the price.

Hey SR, back at it again today to review Black Sheep Supplements BCAA supplement A Mean o' Daddy BCAA. I train fasted in the morning and have been cutting for awhile, so I view as bcaas/intras as crucial in staying out of a catabolic state and helping me recover from my workouts. Over the years this category of supplements has really improved with good doses of bcaas, pump ingredients, endurance, energy, hydration etc. Let's see how thisMean O Daddy stacked up!

Very simple profile, maybe too simple. Mean o Daddy lists 6 grams of BCAAs in the preferred 2:1:1 ratio. 6 grams is a solid dose, and 2:1:1 is great but the label still lists it as a prop blend. For piece of mind I would like to see it listed out. Also Mean O Daddy promotes itself as all natural with artificial sweeteners, colors, etc. Since the BCAAs are 6 g and the scoop size is 7.8 I can guess how much, but maybe a little more disclosure of the stevia, etc. used would be nice. I think more importantly what's missing is any of the extras. Sometimes simple is great, but when the field goes above and beyond you have to try and keep up and this has zero extras, so it's really just competing with bulk bcaas with it's all natural ingredients. That being said, I love BCAAs so was eager to give it a shot.

So how was the all natural flavor? Eh....it grew on me. I have the pineapple ginger twist flavor and at first I hated it, but it kind of grew on me. A lot more sour than sweet and heavy on the ginger flavor. Mixability was ok, did have some foaming issues but nothing terrible. I always took this intraworkout.

For the main purpose of the BCAAs this worked pretty good, I did get some reduced DOMS, but I have had much better. Usually the DOMS lasted 3-4 days after intense heavy days, and with other above average products that is reduced to around 2 days. To be honest, what I missed most with this product was the hydration. I live in Phoenix and I really depend on hydration this time of year, and I think maybe some coconut water would be a nice add to this to help there and with the flavoring. Just a thought. I didn't lose any muscle mass while cutting and on this so I was happy, but didn't ehance my workouts any which a lot of intras do these days.

This costs $25 for 30 servings. I think this is fair as all natural costs a little bit more, but you can get some much more inclusive preworkouts at this price that help you in more ways. Bulk BCAAs would be much cheaper, I think this is just an option for all natural types.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you're into the all natural lifestyle this is an option, but they are cheaper and more premium options out there at this price point for mainstream lifters.