EXOTHERM Reviews

By: Black Lion Research

Growth Enhancers > Estrogen Blockers
EXOTHERM is an Estrogen Blocker manufactured by Black Lion Research. It helps reduce the amount of the hormone estrogen in the body, encouraging an optimal muscle building and fat loss environment.

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Black Lion Research for sending it out!
  July 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decrease Fluid
  • AI
  • Increase Vascularity
  • Increase Blood Flow
  • Fat Reduction
  • Unclear Label
  • Difficult Application
  • Questionable Dosing

I am happy to say that my first run with a transdermal product was a solid one with Black Lion Research. While the was a hiccup which I will explain later, the overall beneficial effects were positive.

Big thanks to Black Lion Research for letting me try Exotherm. Since it is summer time, I am trying really hard to get in solid shape and stay as lean and dry as possible while trying to get as strong as possible. I have never tried a transdermal product before so I felt like being adventurous and giving Black Lion Researches Exotherm a try.

So the ingredient profile is something that I am not used to given that this is a product in a pump bottle and the ingredient profile is not laid out in a manner to where you know exactly how much of each ingredient you are getting. With that being said this is my best try at explaining what is in this product:
Serving size 1ml
Amount per serving 100mg
Ingredients:
Ethanol, Water, 5,7-dihydroxyflavone, Atractylodes Macrocephala, Cirsium Oligophyllum, Stearoyl Vanillylamide, Glycerol, Isopropyl Myristate, Propylene Glycol.

So 100% honest with you guys, I have zero clues what these ingredients are so let us explore them together.

First up we have 5, 7-dihydroxyflavone. a naturally occurring, a polyphenolic compound found in a number of plants, honey, and propolis (the resinous "glue" bees use for hive construction). This has been shown to be a very effect AI as long as it does not have to go through the stomach and be exposed to stomach acid which will break it down. Secondly, it is only effective as long as it can reach the target tissue, i.e. via transdermal application.

The second ingredient is Atractylodes Macrocephala. This is an ancient root used in medicinal medicine. Atractylodes promotes urination and can reduce edema (swelling due to the accumulation of fluid in organs and tissues of the body).

Cirsium Oligophyllum. Cirsium Oligophyllum is an edible perennial belonging to the thistle family. As a potent beta-2 agonist, Cirsium helps stimulate lipolysis, which liberates fatty acids for use as fuel.

Stearoyl Vanillylamide, which is also known as C18-VA, is considered to be a non-pungent (CAP) analog of Capsaicin. Though capsaicin is the main cause of the hot or red pepper's spicy flavor, Stearoyl Vanillylamide isn't the same-it doesn't have that spicy flavor. As a non-pungent capsaicin, it has the ability to Stimulate brown adipose tissue or brown fats (fats that are mostly found in mitochondria that generate heat in the body)

Glycerol also is known as GMS. GMS is a food additive used as a thickening, emulsifying, anticaking, and preservative agent; an emulsifying agent for oils, waxes, and solvents; a protective coating for hygroscopic powders; a solidifier and control release agent in pharmaceuticals; and a resin lubricant. It is also used in cosmetics and hair-care products.

Isopropyl myristate is a polar emollient and is used in cosmetic and topical medicinal preparations where good absorption into the skin is desired.

Propylene Glycol. s a synthetic organic compound with the chemical formula C3H8O2. It is a viscous, colorless liquid which is nearly odorless but possesses a faintly sweet taste. Chemically it is classed as a diol and is miscible with a broad range of solvents, including water, acetone, and chloroform.

So as you can see, there are a lot of chemical and root compounds in this, and it goes back to we really do not know how much of each we are getting in one serving.

So despite all temptations, I did not taste this since it is a dermal application product (yes that is sarcasm, don't try to eat this kids). The same goes for the mixability, the product comes in a little aluminum bottle with a pump handle on it, so you do not have to mix it.

The dosing is supposed to be 1ml 3 times a day. The only catch is, there really is no way to gauge how many pumps will equal 1ml. I typically went with 2 "solid" pumps and distributed it throughout my upper chest, delts, and occasionally I would put it on my stomach just to see if it would help with fluid retention on my abs.

So when I applied this to the areas that I previously mentioned the first thing I notice was a cool burn feeling, kind of like a menthol sensation, which I did not mind at all. It took a solid week to really notice anything from a physical standpoint, but from week 2 through the product finish I notice a reduction in subcutaneous fluid and fat through my upper chest and delts, aka the places that I applied this cream to. I also noticed that during my workouts, these areas would feel more of a pump during the workout, especially my shoulders and delts. Vascularity increased in these areas as well. I seldom ever have veins popping out in my shoulders and chest, but while using this they were predominately coming out and staying out. I tried experimenting by using it on my abs but did not see any noticeable results from that.

One issue I did have, which was more with the application and container itself rather than the product, was going into week 3, the pump itself broke and stopped pumping the liquid out, so I was constantly having to take it apart and pouring it out into my hands and applying it that way. It was already hard enough to gauge how much I was using at a time, but this made it even worse. I think if they were to switch to a roller application this product would do a lot better, and consumers would feel better about using it.

You can find this on Black Lion Research's website for $42 for a 40ish day supply which could come out to $1.05 a serving. Again, the problem you will have is you have no idea how much you are really using per application, so it is hard to tell what the true daily value is for this product.

Side Effects

None to report.

Conclusion

Outside of the issue with the pump breaking and the fact that you have no idea how much you are using, the product is great. The actual liquid that you apply to your body does what you want it to do and you benefit from it. It is just a shame that the means to use the product is a total let down. As I mentioned before, if they can switch this to a roll-on application then I feel that it would be easier to use, and gauge how much you are possibly getting. outside of all of this, if you consistently use this product, you will notice a reduction in the fluid, and subcutaneous fluid in your skin where you apply it.