Amino infusion Reviews

By: Black Lion Research

Amino infusion is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Black Lion Research. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Overall
Overall
8.9
Thanks to Black Lion Research for sending it out!
  August 25, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great BCAA Dosage
  • Great Value
  • DOMS Non-existent
  • Added Hydration

High quality vegan BCAA product that is effective at just one dose per day. An effective intra-workout product with some added hydration support. Very well priced and a product you should definitely give a try.

38 years old and lift four days a week, while still recovering to total reconstructive surgery to my left ankle. I have recently tried out two other products by BLR and their Amino supplement looked very intriguing to me. I like to always keep some sort of Amino Acids in my stack, so when BLR offered up Amino Infusion for us TROOPers to try out, I could not resist. A big thank you to the TROOPer program and Black Lion Research for their participation here and making this review possible Let us see how well this infused into my body.

An almost fully disclosed profile which is refreshing as lately it seems companies are hiding their blend of Amino's under prop blends now. I will briefly touch on the ingredients, as there are only a few.

Vegan Fermented BCAA 2:1:1 (8g): At first glance this may not seem like this is disclosed, but the breakdown would be 4g Leucine, 2g Isoleucine, and 2g Valine. Now it would be nice if they fully listed that out, so I would not have to assume as much basing it purely off of the ration provided as I am sure there are plenty of people out there that may not know the exact amount of each. Leucine stimulates muscle protein synthesis and slows down muscle damage after workouts, Isoleucine creates glucose giving your body energy, and Valine promotes muscle protein synthesis and muscle tissue growth. Nice dosage here.

HICA (1g): Also known as Leucic Acid, this is a leucine metabolite touted to have anabolic properties. Studies on this are very limited, and no real dosage recommendation exists. This works similar to HMB/Leucine, but its unclear at this point which is better. Including this here is a great idea as this should aid in recovery.

Sodium Citrate (100mg) / Potassium Chloride (100mg): Electrolytes here to aid you in hydration.

It is nice to have plant based BCAAs instead of animal based, as you will find out that some animal based BCAAs are chemically treated duck feathers and pig fur. So this is a nice benefit and something you should look for in your BCAAs. Its a nice simple profile and I appreciate the addition of HICA and electrolytes.

Taste: I received the Kiwi Strawberry flavor, and that is the only flavor available. I thought it tasted pretty good, was not too sweet and not terrible. I found it very easy and refreshing to drink while I worked out or in the middle of the day.

Mixability: The directions call to mix this with 24oz of water, which I did and had no issues. There was slight foaming when I would first shake it up, but it would go away before I ever took my first sip. No leftover residue or staining of the shakers.

Dosing: I dosed one scoop during my workouts, and one scoop in the middle of the day on my rest days. No need to dose it anymore than that.

The biggest thing I look for in my BCAA products are did it aid me in diminishing Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) so I could recover in time for my next workout. Another factor I personally like to have is some added hydration. I will tell you that I had little to no DOMS for the 30 doses of Amino Infusion, and the added hydration was great. The best intra-workout product I have ever had is Intra-Blast by Nutrabio and I would put this as a very close second. I had to always take a break during my workouts to urinate, and my urine was always clear indicating me being hydrated. I took less trips to the water fountain while taking this, as a sip of this would refresh me in between sets. I was very happy with this run and impressed to say the least. BLR had a shipping error and ended up sending me a total of 3 tubs of this, so I gave the other two tubs out to my workout buddies as I wanted to spread the good word of how impressed I was with this product.

The label claims to build muscle, endurance, recovery, and hydrate. Building Muscle and Endurance are hard to say, but recovery and hydrate I would say YES. You can look at this in a round about way and say the recovery and hydration aspects allows you to build muscle and have more endurance, so thats fine. Point is there are no wazoo label claims here. Real nice job here BLR!!

On another note, i found the hydration aspect worked so well, that at times i would wake up hung over this would help me the next morning to get my day going. Just a nice feature that hopefully you do not use that much!

Ironically and surprisingly the best deal you can find on Amino Infusion is from Black Lion themselves, on their website. You can pick up a 30 serving tub for $22 which comes out to 73 cents a day if you only scoop one scoop a day as I did. This is a pretty amazing deal just price wise, but combine the fact that this product is highly effective and uses high quality vegan BCAAs versus the cheap ones, you got yourself a great deal here.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I was truly impressed by my run with Amino Infusion. You are getting a nice dose of BCAAs with some added electrolytes and HICA for good measure, truly making this an effective intra-workout product. I personally prefer to take my BCAAs intra-workout so this product made me very happy. I highly recommend this product if you are in the market for some good tasting, effective BCAAs. Honestly, the value truly makes this worth a shot.
    • Kiwi Strawberry: 8/10

Overall
    Thanks to Black Lion Research for sending it out!
      August 9, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Value
    • Great BCAA Dosage
    • DOMs Really Reduced
    • Not Much Flavor

A legit vegan sourced BCAA product that can help you reach your goals.

What is going on guys? This product caught my eye because of the impressive looking ingredient profile. I'd like to thank everyone and SR and Black Lion Research. Let's get right into it!

8g of Vegan Fermented BCAAs 2:1:1 ratio: The manufacturer explains on their website that most BCAA products are made from skin/hair clippings (some gross stuff to think about). This product however, is made from only Vegan options like corn, which sounds much more appealing than the latter options lol. Eight grams of BCAAs is a GREAT dosage! I'm glad some companies are finally going over the traditional 5 grams per serving (which absolutely works I'm not knocking the 5g model), but sometimes you just need a little bit extra to truly maximize recovery. They kept the 2:1:1 model which is a proven effective ratio and sourced their 8 grams of BCAAs from vegan sources. The higher BCAA dosage is obviously the shining point of the product for me.

1g of HICA: Hydroxyisoleucine is the primary metabolite of leucine. Studies have shown that this can help increase muscle mass at dosages of around 500mg, so 1g is another GREAT dosage. It works to support gains in mass and strength while promoting accelerated muscle recovery. I've never really had a product that utilized HICA, but it sounds like a great add on for this product.

100mg of Sodium Citrate: might delay the onset of fatigue by acting as a buffer

100mg of Potassium Chloride: Another salt substitute that I can't find much information on scrolling through the internet.

This BCAA supplement has an impressive label! I'm very excited to get to try this.

Taste: I had Kiwi Strawberry. The taste was very weak to me and I mixed it with about 15-20 ounces of water. It wasn't bad tasting and it wasn't good tasting, so I can't really praise or ridicule it.

Mixibilty: Really flawless, the powder was so finely ground that it dissolved super easy for me every single time.

Dosage: I took 2-3 servings every day. One of those servings was after I woke up in the morning and the another was always directly after my workout in the afternoon.

This stuff 100% influenced my recovery in a positive way. DOMs went done VERY NOTICEABLY. I felt 'fresher' and that I recovered quicker than I would've while using a 5g BCAA supplement. The HICA was a little bit harder for me to measure effectiveness. I would like to think it influenced my bodies ability to perform protein synthesis in a positive way, but I really saw/felt no signs that would lead me to believe that anything different was happening. The BCAAs though absolutely did their job because I could feel the difference on a day to day basis.

I could only find this on the manufacturer's website where it is currently listed on sale for $22! For less than a dollar per serving you can get 8g of BCAAs and 1g of HICA. This is a GREAT value for me.

Side Effects

N/A

Conclusion

For the money and the results, you literally can't beat this product. If only the taste was stronger!