(Better than 56% in Pre-Workout > Stimulant)

PRICES
(30 sv) - [$1.33/sv]

BioWar Nutrition
ImplosionX is a Pre-Workout manufactured by BioWar Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

September 8, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Consistent
  • Mixes Well
  • Tastes Good
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Good Pump
  • Clinical Ingredients
  • Clear Label
  • Clumps If Not In Fridge
Thanks to Biowar for sending out their pre-workout for us to try. I was initially pretty impressed looking at the profile for this one and was excited to give it a try. I was even more excited when I saw that they offered it in my favorite flavor for a pre-workout: Pink Lemonade. Without further ado, here's my thoughts on Implosion X.

----Ingredient Profile: 8.5/10----

Implosion X looks pretty darn good on paper right off the bat. A hefty 6g dose of Citrulline Malate for blood flow and pumps is a great way to start. Betaine is decently dosed at 1.25g and 250mg of caffeine should give a nice kick in the pants. This also includes yohimbine for those of you sensitive to it, but I'm a huge fan of it in any form. Loooooooove me some yohimbine/caffeine combinations. The also include a number of other stimulants/cognitive enhancers.

If I had to nitpick anything, Beta-Alanine at 2g is low for my liking and 500mg of Agmatine isn't enough. Agmatine is my favorite pump ingredient and I'd personally like to see it at 1-2g.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing: 9/10----

As I said, Pink Lemonade is my favorite flavor when it comes to pre-workours. Biowar did a great job with this flavor. If you're a Pink Lemonade fan, you can't go wrong with this. Sweet and just the right amount of tart. This mixed well with very little to no foam or sediment. Dosing is simple: One scoop. I personally went with the "heaping scoop" approach with this one for the majority of the run.

One side note: The clumping of the powder was some of the worst I've ever seen, but it never affected it's ability to mix. Moisture if this products worst enemy. They actually recommend storing this in the fridge, but by the time this had gotten to me through the mail, I figured it was already past the point of no return.

----Effectiveness: 8.2/10----

This got the job done, plain and simple. 250mg was more than enough caffeine combined with the yohimbine to make for some clean, sustained energy, especially after some of my longer shifts at work. Some nice pumps from the Citrulline, but I feel like they could have been next level has the Agmatine been dosed higher. Just a suggestion. Didn't feel much out of the Beta-Alanine, but I usually don't unless the dose is 3-4g. Overall, this was good, but I feel like it could have been outstanding if just a few things had been dosed higher.

----Value: 7.6/10----

$39.99 directly through the company website is the only place place this is currently available, I believe. At $1.33 per scoop, this isn't the best value, but you could certainly do much, much worse, especially considering that this was a good product. I'd personally wait for a sale or lower pricing to grab this.

Side Effects

None of note

----Conclusion: 7.9/10----

As stated, I enjoyed my time with Implosion X but feel that with a few tweaks, this could transform itself from a "good pre-workout to one of the best available. Thanks again to Biowar and i hope you take my small criticisms constructively!
  • Pink Lemonade: 9/10

August 28, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • -good Taste
  • Clinical Ingredients
  • Good Pump
  • Clear Label
  • -low Energy
  • Low Focus
  • Low Doses

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
I would first like to thank Biowar Nutrition for the opportunity to review Implosion X. I have taken many different pre workout products in the past, ranging from high/exotic stim, low stim, performance based, energy driven, and focus driven products. i believe that I have a solid base to compare this product with others.

First of all, it is great that Biowar is using a fully disclosed, non prop. blend to make their label very clear for the consumer. These days, I believe that it is a must and still can't get over the fact that some companies still hide behind their labels. So, here are the ingredients.

L-Citrulline Malate 2:1 6g
-Citrulline is an amino acid used to prevent muscle fatigue, allowing a couple of extra reps in the gym. It also boosts nitric oxide production, enhancing blood flow and delivering the highly sought after pump. With the magic acid being added takes away from the some of the benefits of Citrulline. Most studies have shown benefits at the 8g mark with CM. I think if only L-Citrulline was used then I would be happier with the 6g. Since it is CM, I would like to see the total be bumped up to 8g. Having said that, it definetely isn't the on the low end compared to many other products.

Beta-Alanine 2g
-BA is a non-essential amino acid which raises carnosine levels and increases the amount of of work you can perform at higher intensities. the consensus seems to be to consume 3.2g per day with timing being irrelevant. Implosion X contains 2g, which isn't the clinical dose. I'd like to see it higher so as to not have to supplement any extra, but I do understand that some people would want to take two separate dosages to avoid the paresthesia (tingles) associated with beta-alanine.

Betaine Anhydrous 1.25g
-Betaine in the human body can help with strength and power output if taken over a period of time. Recommended dosages are 1.25g taken twice per day. Again, to get the full benefits, one would need to supplement another way throughout the day.

Agmatine Sulfate 500mg
-Agmatine helps in nitric oxide performance, which when combined with the CM from earlier, can help produce that pump. It also is connected with healthy brain function. Dosage recommendations range from 1.6 to 6.4mg per kilogram of bodyweight. depending on your size, that would put 500mg on the lower end, and money companies are now dosing agmatine at 1g. That being said, combined with CM, would will probably see the desired effects in terms of nitric oxide.

Glucuronlactone 500mg
-G regulates the formation of glycogen. I honestly do not know much more about it. I'll leave this one up to the experts. Feel free to comment if you could help out with this one.

Caffeine anhydrous 250mg
-This pure powdered form is dosed right around the sweet spot for most people. 250mg is a little light for me as I tend to favor higher stims, but many people will appreciate this dosage.

Alphasize GPC 50% 200mg
- Alpha GPC is known for its brain boosting capabilities but also has a positive effect on muscle growth and strength gains. It is nice to see it included here. Many supplement companies are dosing this at 300mg or higher.

L-Norvaline 100mg
-It is often found in pump promoting supplements and it is said to increase intra-workout power and recovery. Minimum dose should be 100mg, which is what is provided here.

Noopept 20mg
-Noopept is as nootropic used to enhance brain function, especially cognition. It is said to lower anxiety and boost mood. Recommended dosages range from 10-40mg per day. 10mg been one the low end in this product but still meeting the criteria.

Huperzia Serrata (huperzine A) 10mg
-It increases acetylcholine levels. This in turn, is associated with a greater "Mind to Muscle" connection. Dosages range from 50mcg to 200mcg with 10 mg being quite bit.

Rauwolfia Serpentina (Std. 90% Rauwolscine) 1mg
-It is usually used as a fat burner. Can be known as Alpha Yohimbe and causes blood vessels to relax, augmenting blood flow. It is standardized at 90%, which is nice, but still seems a little low. I'd like to see it up near 3mgs.

Taste
-I had the Blue Raspberry version. I have to say that this flavor is never really a favourite of mine. That being said, I didn't get a very distinct blue raz taste from it. It was however a little sour and fruity; quite enjoyable. I enjoyed the flavour throughout the entire tub. It is sweetened with sucralose and Ace K, but didn't really artificial in nature. Some people may not like the fact that it is artificially sweetened, and may prefer a naturally flavoured product, but i don't mind artificial sweeteners at all.

Mixability
-This was never an issue. With the recommended 12 oz of water and a couple of shakes, it was good to go. I did not try it with more or less water as I was content with the recommendations. I did have to shake a few times to get the settled bits on the bottom throughout the drink, but I usually do anyway so this was not an issue for me.

-As mentioned earlier, I found that some ingredients were dosed a little on the light side. Therefore, I often found myself using a little more than the recommended 11.6g. I often would use a heaping scooping, which would bring the total up to about 14g. The scoop size was pretty accurate in comparison to the serving size, always within a couple mg. Following the guidelines, I'd say that there are in fact 30 servings, but seeing as I was using a little more per serving, I fell a little short, somewhere around the 25 serving mark.

-This is the section that gets interesting/complicated for me.
Performance
-Based on the dosages in each serving, I know that I am getting the performance benefits needed from ingredients like Beta alanine and Betaine (if supplementing from another source to reach the full clinical dosages) . Since I did have a product that I would take post workout to fill the gaps, then I would say that this product does deliver the performance benefits needed. If using as a stand alone, I'm not sure that the benefits would be there (or as evident). That being said, during my time taking implosion x, I did manage to elevate my numbers in the gym on a consistent basis. I would like to note however, that I was making consistent progress (more weight and reps weekly) before taking it, and continued to see success after taking it as well. Since I was already using the ingredients found in this product before hand, I think it is safe to say that I continued to enjoy their benefits with this product. So I did not loose benefits from Implosion X, but maintained them.

Energy/focus/Pump
-This area of the product was a little disappointing for me. I found the energy pretty weak, to be honest. I am used to higher stimulants, so keep that in mind. The 250mg of caffeine was not enough for me. It was equal to maybe a small cup of coffee. It kind of helped me wake a little bit early in the morning, but never really get me motivated to hit the gym. I have used some products before where after taking it, I couldn't wait to get to the gym and crush some sets. that was not the case here. I was simply just going through the motions, workout after workout. I never felt any energy kick or focus from Implosion X, which is surprising considering the nootropics found in the product. On the pump side of things, I was not as disappointed. with the citrulline Malate and the agmatine combined, it was actually quite good. I talked earlier about how the dosages may have been a little low, but combined together, I'd say they did their job.

At the time of writing this, Implosion X can be found for $39.99. I think that this makes it quite expensive compared to other products. Yes, some of the other competitors are listed at higher prices but seeing as you'd have to supplement further to get the full benefits of some of the ingredients, I find it to be overpriced. I'd like to see it closer to the $25 mark if I were to buy it again.

Side Effects

I didn't get any negative side effects from Implosion X. I would caution though that 2g of Beta alanine will cause parasthesia in most people. I never usually get it and did not with this one either.

Conclusion

To sum it all up, I think that Biowar is on the right track with implosion X. They are clearly labelling their product providing key ingredients, without unecessary and unwanted ingredients. I think that if the doses of some were higher, it would make Implosion X a good competitor to other top pre workouts. However, as it stands now, I would say that it is a decent pre workout option. I am just not sure that "decent" is enough these days when there are other complete pre workouts that are at or about at the same price level. I would buy it again if the price were to come down and only if pairing it with another product that would fill in the gaps. I hope I touched on everything. Let me know what you think.
  • Blue Raspberry: 8/10

August 28, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Taste
  • Consistent
  • Solid Pumps
  • Clumps If Not In Fridge

Pre-workouts are so flooded these days, that most of us tend to just look at the profiles and judge them that way. Back when Jack3d, 1MR, and C4 were the big dogs, we just took a scoop and said "omg the energy was great! Reps for Jesus!". While I certainly like the modern way of judging pre-workouts, sometimes, you can get great results off of something that doesn't look like an A+ on paper. That's where ImplosionX comes in.

At first glance, the profile doesn't look like anything I'd go out of my way to buy, but when I actually got to experience the product first hand, that is where I got impressed.

Like I said in my introduction, the profile, while not bad, was not very exciting. To start the citrulline malate is at 6 grams(albeit in a 2:1 ratio). After that you have 2 grams of beta-alanine. While I personally feel a difference with grams, some might point out that 3.2 grams is the clinical dose. Agmatine at 500mg is fine by me, however 1.5 grams would be a little appreciated.

What I liked about this product is the lower amount of caffeine. Most pre-workouts have a 300mg minimum these days, with some even being above 400mg! At 250mg, Implosion provides a good amount of caffeine. It shouldn't crack any pre-workout veteran out, but it should provide you with plenty of caffeine to power you through a workout.

There is a solid array of nootropics in ImplosionX. Noopept at 20mg, Huperzine, and some Alpha GPC are all welcome by me, even though I never responded well to NooPept myself.

Again, the profile is not something unseen before, and I can see it being lost in the vast sea of pre-workouts. However, it is by no means bad.

I got the blue raspberry flavor. The other option would have been pink lemonade. I am not a big fan of either flavor. I tired my blue raspberry taste buds out a long time ago with C4, and pink lemonade never appealed to me that much. Like eating a skunk or a skunk with a little salt on it(AVGN quote).

To my surprise however, the blue raspberry was not bad. It was not over flavored, which is what I believe many companies do wrong. While I didn't exactly look forward to drinking it, it wasn't bad by any means .

The powder itself clumps up easily while in the tub. Biowar recommends(even puts a sticker on the tub) storing the tub in the freezer. This worked great to prevent clumping. It mixes great. I never had a single slump after I mixed it.

Well, although I kind of pointed out some flaws in the profile, I have to admit that it was not a bad experience. In fact, I actually enjoyed it to some extent.

The energy I got was very clean. Never felt cracked out or over-stimulated at all, which is what I look for in pre-workouts for the most part. With 250mg of caffeine, it was enough to get me going after a long day at work, yet not enough to prevent me from sleeping, or make my heart race lol. The nootropics only made it better, as it put me "in-the-zone" so to speak. My mind-muscle connection was really good while running ImplosionX.

Pumps were pretty solid as well. While not as good as they would be if I took 8 grams of citrulline and 1.5 grams of agmatine, They were still noticeable.

One thing I liked about ImplosionX was that it was very consistent. Some pre-workouts tend to work great one day, then make me feel off the day after. ImplosionX always gave me a predictable, well-energized, and well-focused feeling.

So far I was only able to find this on the Biowar website for $40. While this is not cheap at first glance, you do get 30 servings. So for about $1.33 a serving, you a solid "all-around" pre-workout. If it were 20 servings, I wouldn't recommend it. However, with there being 30 servings, I wouldn't mind saying it's a decent deal.

I'm curious to see how much Biowar will cost once it is more widely available.

Side Effects

Conclusion

While I wasn't necessarily excited to run Biowar ImplosionX, I can say that I was pleasantly surprised by how well it worked. By no means was it my favorite pre-workout of all time, however, it delivered consistently. The flavor was not dreadful, and even slightly enjoyable.

The value isn't unreasonable, which makes this product worth at least considering. I'd say give it a shot if you like supporting smaller companies. I know there are a lot of options out there, this one is just a gem in a sea of other gems really.