PBfit Reviews

By: BetterBody Foods

You are viewing a single review (#1 of 2)
Click here to show all PBfit reviews.

Overall
Overall
9.5
  September 25, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Like The Real Thing
  • Great Way To Save Calories
  • GMO Free

I came across this product about a year ago while shopping at BJ's. I always wanted to try PB2 and figured that this was similar to it, so I purchased it. This product is made by roasting peanuts, extracting most of the oils from the peanuts, then grinding what is left into a powder. This leads to 1/3 of the calories and 85% less fat than traditional peanut butter. Needless to say, this powder should be especially appealing to anyone who is cutting weight.

BetterBody Foods claims to use non-GMO ingredients, which is fairly important to me. I have tried a lot of their other products and they are all quality foods in my opinion.

Ingredient Profile/Nutrition Facts

The ingredients are simple in this one: Peanuts, sugar, and salt. Originally when I first bought this product, the nutrition facts were slightly different. In the previous powder, there were 65 calories, 4g of fat, 3g of carbs (2g fiber, 1g sugar), and 4g of protein per serving. Currently there are 55 calories, 1.5g of fat, 4g of carbs (2g fiber, 2g sugar), and 5g of protein per serving.

A serving size is two Tbsp (scoop not included). The 30 oz. container will provide you with 71 servings. To make the powder into PB form, you simply add 1-1.5 Tbsp of water to the two Tbsp of powder.

Taste/Mixability

On its own, I prefer traditional PB over PB fit. I uploaded a pic of how it looks when mixed with water (sorry, I know the presentation is not the greatest, but I took a quick picture of it this morning for the review's sake lol). When used as a spread on toast or a dip with fruits, I think it tastes comparable to traditional PB. However, I believe this powder is best used in shakes or smoothies. Post-workout, I would add two Tbsp of this to a cup of 1% milk, one scoop of chocolate protein powder, a banana, and a handful of ice in a blender. With normal PB, it can be hard to incorporate into a shake and usually always hard to clean up whatever is left on the sides and bottom of the blender. Now you should not have that problem. I am not too big on baking, so I cannot comment on how it is in baked goods.

I am not really sure how to grade this one since it is essentially a food. I guess it is as effective as traditional PB or even better, depending on your goals.

I find this at BJ's for about $10 for 30 oz. (71 servings). For about two months' use I think this is a very fair price. PB2 is a comparable product and from the prices I have seen PB2 go for, PB fit has the better value. I am not sure if BJ's is located around the country, but on the BetterBody Foods' website, this product could also be found at Walmart, Sam's Club, and Kroger to name a few.

Side Effects

No side effects I can comment on except for those who really enjoy PB may feel less guilty eating this and eat more.

Conclusion

If you are looking for ways to cut calories or an easy way to add 5g of protein to your post-workout shake, then this product is for you.

• JayT
      September 25, 2015

Sorry about the pics being sideways, I do not see a way to rotate them.