PBfit Reviews

By: BetterBody Foods

Protein > Other Protein
PBfit is an Alternative Protein Supplement manufactured by BetterBody Foods. It provides additional dietary proteins that can increase lean muscle tissue and increase fat loss.

May 24, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • GMO Free
  • Great Value
  • Extra Protein
  • Great For Lovers Of PB

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
    Shoutout to my sister for being a baking wizard and supplementing this into her recipes to make them healthier. I came across this through her, but then a member on here actually recommended I mix it into my post workout shakes and I haven't looked back since.
    **Please note, I only add this to shakes/foods, I never used it to make peanut butter.

PBfit has an extremely simple ingredient list. In order, it consists of peanuts, sugar and salt. It claims to have 85% less fat than traditional pb with 1/3 of the calories. PBfit is also gluten free, Non-GMO and Kosher, for those that look for that in supplements.
    The macros for one serving comes out to 5g/protein, 4g/carbs, 1/5g/fat for a total of 55 calories.

I feel like nothing tastes better than a spoonful of Skippy's natty pb in your mouth or added to my plain greek yogurt, but this product can easily replace it. Taste wise, it tastes exactly like peanut butter. I use this product everyday by adding it to my protein shakes (molten chocolate & cinnamon swirl Cellucor). If you've ever ordered a protein shake from the bar at your gym and they pump the liquid peanut butter into it, it tastes very similar (and I'm sure healthier).

I've mixed this in a blender with whey and in your typical shaker cup with whey & water. I have never had any clumps form from the PbFit. Also, sometimes when I crave cereal, I'll mix it with a protein shake instead of milk. I don't drink milk but I'm sure PBfit tastes delicious in there too.

Dosing is 2Tbsp, which is 5g of Protein. There is no scoop included in the container.

Just like whey protein, effectiveness is a tough category to judge for this product. To sum it up, I would say PBfit is an effective way to add an additional 5g of protein to items such as protein shakes, yogurt, milk, smoothies, etc...
    Sometimes after a tough workout I would have 1.5-2 scoops of protein. This allows me to stay at 1 scoop of whey with the ability to still add more protein into my shake without wasting servings of whey. So it also helps me effectively save money.

I picked up a 30oz container at BJ's for $9 and change. It provides you with 71 servings, which is a great deal for $10.

Side Effects

No sides effects. Just make sure you aren't allergic to pb.

Conclusion

Nothing is going to stop me from adding this to my shakes on a daily basis, especially when I can pick up a tub for just $10. I'm not currently concerned with cutting, but PBfit would make an excellent addition to your stack if you are trying to get away from traditional pb, or just love pb in general. It's an extra easy 5g of protein that tastes like pb, you really can't go wrong picking this up, in my opinion.

9.5
      September 25, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tastes Like The Real Thing
    • Great Way To Save Calories
    • GMO Free

I came across this product about a year ago while shopping at BJ's. I always wanted to try PB2 and figured that this was similar to it, so I purchased it. This product is made by roasting peanuts, extracting most of the oils from the peanuts, then grinding what is left into a powder. This leads to 1/3 of the calories and 85% less fat than traditional peanut butter. Needless to say, this powder should be especially appealing to anyone who is cutting weight.

BetterBody Foods claims to use non-GMO ingredients, which is fairly important to me. I have tried a lot of their other products and they are all quality foods in my opinion.

Ingredient Profile/Nutrition Facts

The ingredients are simple in this one: Peanuts, sugar, and salt. Originally when I first bought this product, the nutrition facts were slightly different. In the previous powder, there were 65 calories, 4g of fat, 3g of carbs (2g fiber, 1g sugar), and 4g of protein per serving. Currently there are 55 calories, 1.5g of fat, 4g of carbs (2g fiber, 2g sugar), and 5g of protein per serving.

A serving size is two Tbsp (scoop not included). The 30 oz. container will provide you with 71 servings. To make the powder into PB form, you simply add 1-1.5 Tbsp of water to the two Tbsp of powder.

Taste/Mixability

On its own, I prefer traditional PB over PB fit. I uploaded a pic of how it looks when mixed with water (sorry, I know the presentation is not the greatest, but I took a quick picture of it this morning for the review's sake lol). When used as a spread on toast or a dip with fruits, I think it tastes comparable to traditional PB. However, I believe this powder is best used in shakes or smoothies. Post-workout, I would add two Tbsp of this to a cup of 1% milk, one scoop of chocolate protein powder, a banana, and a handful of ice in a blender. With normal PB, it can be hard to incorporate into a shake and usually always hard to clean up whatever is left on the sides and bottom of the blender. Now you should not have that problem. I am not too big on baking, so I cannot comment on how it is in baked goods.

I am not really sure how to grade this one since it is essentially a food. I guess it is as effective as traditional PB or even better, depending on your goals.

I find this at BJ's for about $10 for 30 oz. (71 servings). For about two months' use I think this is a very fair price. PB2 is a comparable product and from the prices I have seen PB2 go for, PB fit has the better value. I am not sure if BJ's is located around the country, but on the BetterBody Foods' website, this product could also be found at Walmart, Sam's Club, and Kroger to name a few.

Side Effects

No side effects I can comment on except for those who really enjoy PB may feel less guilty eating this and eat more.

Conclusion

If you are looking for ways to cut calories or an easy way to add 5g of protein to your post-workout shake, then this product is for you.