(Better than 87% in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA)

BCAA Plus is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Betancourt. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Overall
Overall
9.5
9.5
Thanks to Betancourt for sending it out!
  January 22, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Recovery

A huge thank you to the people at Betancourt for giving me a chance to try one of their great products. I always like to get my BCAA's in without having to take it in a pill form. I prefer a good powder mix over pill form.

Serving Size 1 scoop
    Servings Per Container30
    Zero sugar

This has several core items which are Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc (as Zinc Citrate), Sodium (as Sodium Chloride), and Potassium (as Potassium Citrate). It then lists the Leucine +Plus Blend which is Instantized L-Leucine/ Active TR L-Leucine 4000mg, Instantized L-Isoleucine 1,000mg, and Instantized L-Valine 1,000mg. The last group is Hydration +Plus Blend 1,500mg that is Taurine and Sustamine L-Alanyl L-Glutamine. The amino acids in the powder is +plus blend because it has instantized amino acids. The instantized process is where the amino acids inside Betancourt are able to break down better into water than the normal amino acid used in powder form. This instanized process is seen because the mixed powder does not foam when mixed and grains inside the mix are gone. The instanized aminos used in Betancourt are also better for smell and taste. I was able to see this when using the Betancourt. The Hydration +Plus Blend has items that help the body stay hydrated through the workout without just drinking water. The Betancourt has good products and has a good amount of amino acids that are used in the workout. I give this a high rating.

I was able to get this in the watermelon flavor. It is also available in passion fruit and tropical punch. The flavor was like other watermelon water mixes. I'm not a big fan of the watermelon flavor but the taste was good and this was not a problem for me. The mixability for Betancourt was great. As mentioned earlier in the ingredients, I did not get a foamy mix and the normal lose grains found in other amino acid powder forms were gone. It was a solid mixed powder that was very noticeable. You are to mix it with water and using one scoop provided in the tub. The dosing was easy to do because it was one scoop and it's good to go. Overall, this a high rating.

The BCAA's are similar to a protein where it hard to measure the effectiveness. The question is how did I feel. I felt like it was working and it was effective. I was able to have a good recovery. One of the things I really liked about the Betancourt was the hydration ingredients. I sweat a lot and include cardio into all my workouts. When you sweat, you need to get plenty of hydration and just water alone may not give you all that you need. I never felt dehydrated and was able to continue with the workout. The effectiveness was great and I give this a high rating.

My normal cost for BCAA products is around $15, but I will go up to $20 for 30 servings. A 30 serving tub was available for as low as $20 and as high as $28. The value rating will be from the cheaper 30 serving at $20. This works out to .67 cents per serving. I would be glad to get this product at .67 cents per serving and spend $20 for 30 servings. Even though I have found BCAA at $15, I think that the Betancourt is a great product and I would pay more to get all these ingredients and mixability. I give this a high rating.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

Overall, this was a great product. The ingredients were fantastic. It contained good flavor, wonderful mixability, and solid taste. It was easy to use with no issues. Good amounts of BCAA. It was effective, especially in keeping me hydrated. The cost is not to high especially since I'm getting a product that I feel is working. I'll pay a little extra money for a good product. I feel this is a wonderful product, so I give it a high-ranking.
    • Candy Watermelon: 9/10

Other Prices:
    Ill Pump You Up   $20.95
    Fitness First USA   $26.95
    Amazon   $26.99

Overall
    Thanks to Betancourt for sending it out!
      January 12, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Recovery

Thank you very much to Betancourt for sending me their BCAA Plus to review! I am a 27 year old fireman from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my profession and to build quality muscle mass / strength.

This is a fairly simple Branch chain amino acid profile but with a little Betancourt twist thrown in there. To start all of the aminos in the product are instatized. This means that they made the amino acids all water soluble to prevent foaming when shaking up the product. They state that when non instatized amino acids are shaken they tend to foam up. Within that foam they states is the majority of the Leucine in the product and if you dont drink the foam your missing out on that important amino. To start they give 4,000mg of their Leucine Plus Blend. This blend consists of normal leucine and time released lecuine. They claim the time released leucine is a benefit because it signals prolonged muscle protein synthesis. Following that we have 1,000mg of L-Isoleucine and 1,000mg of L-Valine. That is it as far as aminos go but they also include a hydration blend in here. The hydration blend is 1,500mg and consists of Taurine, Sustamine L-Alanyl L-Glutamine.

The taste was awesome. It reminded me of a watermelon Jolly Rancher. It wasnt too sweet and definitely helped out the sweet tooth we all have. It mixed up perfectly with no leftover powder or clumps at the bottom. Just like they claimed I experienced zero foaming throughout my entire usage. The dosing seems pretty average amongst BCAA products at a 4:1:1 ratio. Although I have seen many products provide less Leucine than this one. The scoop size is average.

While using this product I did have some decent muscle gains. Nothing crazy but noticeable results. I did notice I became a bit more defined but remained the same weight. I always felt great after each lift and the days that followed. I was definitely less sore than usual but was able to tell I was working out just as hard. I do think the time released L-Leucine has a positive effect on the results I saw and Im glad they through that in this product.

The lowest price I found this product for was $21 at elitenutrition.com. With 30 servings per tub it breaks down to about .70 cents per serving. I feel that is a fantastic deal for the quality of product you receive.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

To conclude this I give a two big thumbs up to Betancourt! They took the traditional amino product and gave it a little twist that provided noticeable results! I really enjoyed my use and definitely want to use more in the future! I recommend this to anyone who is in the market for a new amino product. With the great price, good results, and fantastic taste I don't know why you wouldn't try this. Thank you again to Betancourt and I look forward to seeing more of your products on SR in the future!
      • Candy Watermelon: 8/10