(Better than 46% in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA)

BCAA Plus is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Betancourt. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Betancourt for sending it out!
  January 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Recovery

Thank you very much to Betancourt for sending me their BCAA Plus to review! I am a 27 year old fireman from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my profession and to build quality muscle mass / strength.

This is a fairly simple Branch chain amino acid profile but with a little Betancourt twist thrown in there. To start all of the aminos in the product are instatized. This means that they made the amino acids all water soluble to prevent foaming when shaking up the product. They state that when non instatized amino acids are shaken they tend to foam up. Within that foam they states is the majority of the Leucine in the product and if you dont drink the foam your missing out on that important amino. To start they give 4,000mg of their Leucine Plus Blend. This blend consists of normal leucine and time released lecuine. They claim the time released leucine is a benefit because it signals prolonged muscle protein synthesis. Following that we have 1,000mg of L-Isoleucine and 1,000mg of L-Valine. That is it as far as aminos go but they also include a hydration blend in here. The hydration blend is 1,500mg and consists of Taurine, Sustamine L-Alanyl L-Glutamine.

The taste was awesome. It reminded me of a watermelon Jolly Rancher. It wasnt too sweet and definitely helped out the sweet tooth we all have. It mixed up perfectly with no leftover powder or clumps at the bottom. Just like they claimed I experienced zero foaming throughout my entire usage. The dosing seems pretty average amongst BCAA products at a 4:1:1 ratio. Although I have seen many products provide less Leucine than this one. The scoop size is average.

While using this product I did have some decent muscle gains. Nothing crazy but noticeable results. I did notice I became a bit more defined but remained the same weight. I always felt great after each lift and the days that followed. I was definitely less sore than usual but was able to tell I was working out just as hard. I do think the time released L-Leucine has a positive effect on the results I saw and Im glad they through that in this product.

The lowest price I found this product for was $21 at elitenutrition.com. With 30 servings per tub it breaks down to about .70 cents per serving. I feel that is a fantastic deal for the quality of product you receive.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

To conclude this I give a two big thumbs up to Betancourt! They took the traditional amino product and gave it a little twist that provided noticeable results! I really enjoyed my use and definitely want to use more in the future! I recommend this to anyone who is in the market for a new amino product. With the great price, good results, and fantastic taste I don't know why you wouldn't try this. Thank you again to Betancourt and I look forward to seeing more of your products on SR in the future!
    • Candy Watermelon: 8/10