VASST: Premium Nitric Oxide Load has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Pump

VASST: Premium Nitric Oxide Load Reviews

By: BELDT Labs

Pre-Workout > Pump
VASST: Premium Nitric Oxide Load is a Pump Product manufactured by BELDT Labs. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

VASST: Premium Nitric Oxide Load has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Pump

May 16, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Increased Strength
  • Pumps Barely Last Long Enough To See Results

As with any other supplement review that I do, I will let you all know I am no expert. I simply use what I think I can benefit from and I learn about supplements as I go. My diet is on point(recently started eating carbs pre workout) and I supplement my diet with supplements that I think will help me achieve my goals. I usually research ingredients in products before trying so I can get an idea of how they can benefit me personally.
Big thank you to Supplement Reviews and BELDT Labs for putting VASST up here for us to try and I apologize for taking a bit too long to post my review.

So VASST only has 4 ingredients that adds up to 3,150mg per 3 capsules which is the recommended dosage.
Ornithine(OKG) supposedly speeds up healing time.
Glutamine alpha ketoglutarate(GAK which is supposed to replenish and restore aminos after grueling workouts.
Arginine ketoisocaproate(A-KIC) helps prevent muscle breakdown during the workout and diminishes chances of muscle fatigue.
And arginine alpha ketoglutarate(A-AKG) which is supposed to increase size, strength as far as pump and vascularity goes I also read an article where it can help with intestine and stomach disorders. I have horrible digesting and stomach problems and didn't really feel like it helped me with that.

Doesn't taste like anything, they are capsules. Never had any problems with downing this with water or a pre-workout. Never had any stuck in my throat or powder burps lol.
Like mentioned about no problems downing this with water or another shake. It did not taste too good when I opened up the capsules and mixed this in a water bottle. I know... if it's a capsule it's because there is a 98% chance it tastes disgusting but I always try it... Don't do it lol.
Dosed this at 3 capsules. After a week I upped the dosage to 6 capsules before my workout.
I did not bother taking this on my 2 days off from the gym.

At 3 capsules the pump was ok.
With some carbs and 3 capsules, the pump was better.
At 6 capsules the pump was much better! Felt a lot fuller.
With some carbs and 6 capsules was way better.

Never had any crazy vascularity or any for that matter.

My problem with VASST is that with most pre-workouts or pump supplements I start getting that pump right from the first exercise. With VASST, it didn't really work like that, only when I had some carbs with it. Some people have an idea of how this and that should go but I was never one to be crazy about carbs pre workout because I get crazy bloated and it sucks when I try to work out like that.

Another thing with the pump was that by the time I got home from the gym the pump was gone! That really sucked! lol

As far as helping with fatigue which the product says I didn't really feel any difference.

It's $29.xx at amazon. Basically $1 a day if you use 3 capsules... I liked it better at 6 capsules a day so that will last you about 15 days IF you don't use it on your days off and will be about $2 a day.
I'm poor and cheap so anything that is $1 and below is good to me. BUT the product has to be good enough, otherwise, I would want it to be cheaper.

Side Effects

No side effects for me.

Conclusion

Frankly I thought it was an ok product. It def has an interesting combination. But maybe if dosages were a little higher I would have enjoyed the effects and pump more. I get more a pump from 6g of citrulline alone than I get from this. BUT that is how my body reacted to it.

If you are looking to try something new I say go for it, amazon always has sales going on.

April 16, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pumps
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Good Value Taken Pre-workout
  • Increased Strength
  • Lessened Muscle Fatigue During Training
  • Pills Are Rather Big And Maybe Hard To Swallow

Hello SR. Here to review a pretty effective pump product. First I would like to thank BELDT Labs for sending out their product for review, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. I was supposed to get my hands on this earlier, but plans didn't fall through at the time. When I saw it was up for grabs I had to grab me a bottle. Pump products are one of my favorite categories because I can mix them with various pre-workouts, and since they make your muscles look nice and thick as well. This product did what it was supposed to for me. Let's carry on with the review.

The ingredient profile is fully disclosed (well, the active ingredients), simple, and straight to the point. The primary ingredient I've seen before, but the other 3 I'm not too familiar with, but they provided information on them, and I did my own research as well.

A-AKG (Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate) - 2985mg (why not 3g?): Arginine has always worked pretty well with my body (if it's in quality form) for creating noticeable pumps and vascularity, so this ingredient worked well since it is in the quality form that absorbs better. If you didn't know, arginine supplements can sometimes suck at working because it's not easily digestible into the bloodstream as citrulline is, which is why supplement brands use quality forms that bind together for absorption, or add ingredients like BioPerine. A nice dosing since the other ingredients work synergestically well.

OKG (Ornithine Alpha-Ketoglutarate) - 75mg: This helps boost the effects of arginine and is intended to speed up muscle recovery time. I have post workout supplements being used while on this, so I can't say if the effects of heightened recovery were present. Provided a research link:

GAK (Glutamine Alpha-Ketoglutarate) - 75mg: This is a better form of glutamine, which is an ingredient that assists with muscle recovery and replenishes diminished amino acids. Provided a link that shows this ingredient is capable of muscle repair:

A-KIC (Arginine Ketoisocaproate) - 15mg: Basically this is supposed to prevent muscle breakdown, but also helps with energy production as well. Not quite sure if this dosing will work that synergestically with the others, but the pumps I had were awesome so I'm not complaining.

Taste/Mixability: They don't really have a taste to them, but these pills were pretty large. I didn't mind it so much since the multivitamin I just finished taking a couple of weeks ago were nearly the same size. Eventually I used my pill crusher, poured the dust into a cup, stirred, and just drank them down. Problem solved for me (lol).

Dosing: I dosed this two servings a day on training days, and 1 serving non training days. This will make the bottle last a little over two weeks. If I didn't get this free I probably would do just pre-workout, but I figured what the heck why not just get maximum output.

I was training 5 days a week during the time of use with focus being placed back on bulking again. My workouts consisted of compound lifts at the beginning and supersets with all isolation exercises. I wanted to see how well the pump felt during supersets, and the results were awesome. For example, I performed preacher curls followed by reverse curls and my arms were tight, full, and the veins began to show nice vascularity. Based on this and all my other workouts I'd say the product worked as effectively as the bottle claims. Strength wise I did notice slight increases, but nothing ridiculous or anything. Essentially I could complete all sets without failing towards the end like I usually would.

During the time of receiving this supplement to now, the product has been sold on Amazon for $30.00, which is $1.00 per serving. For an effective pump product at this quality I'd have to say this is well worth the value. This is about $7.00 cheaper than the previous pump product I reviewed from Antaeus Labs, and it worked more effectively too.

Side Effects

No side effects to report

Conclusion

I'd definitely recommend grabbing a bottle of this at the price it is at, and would recommend keeping an eye out for sales from BELDT Labs since I noticed they have a lot of them. Great muscle pumps, nice visible veins, and decent strength boosts. Thanks again for allowing me to review your supplement BELDT Labs.

April 13, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Good Value Taken Pre-workout
  • Great Pumps
  • Pills Are Rather Big And Maybe Hard To Swallow
  • Pumps Barely Last Long Enough To See Results
  • Lots Of Hype With Almost No Action
Big thanks to BELDT Labs for participating in the SR Program. I feel this program is a great way for smaller companies to get good feedback on their products, if its in terms of how great it worked, it was a major fail or it could use some work. As we know, its really hard to get something that works best for everyone right out the front door, it usually takes time and tweakage to get the right formula down. On that note lets get into the nitty gritty of the product.

As you all may already know I had giant pompous promises that companies make about the way a product is supposed to perform because in truth its always different for every single user, and in most cases even at that, it ends up being either a hit or miss.

=========================
Ingredients: 7/10 - The ingredients are straight forward. You know exactly how much of each you are getting. And there are only 4 ingredients. This is pretty good. Question then, why are the pills horse sized?! I dont know but it was a bit annoying. I love the 3kmg of Argenine. The other 3 ingredients are based on the companies websites writeup:

Ornithine Alpha-ketoglutarate (OKG): OKG has been studied in both human and animal models and has been shown to be beneficial in speeding up healing time, including burn victims and those with severe wounds, such as postoperative patients. Because of this, it has become increasingly popular among healthy individuals who want to maintain or increase muscle mass.

Glutamine Alpha-ketoglutarate (GAK): GAK provides the free amino acid glutamine, as well as its precursors alpha-ketoglutarate (AKG) and taurine, the second most abundant free amino acid in muscle. GAK is essential for replenishing and restoring key amino acids following an intense workout.

Arginine Ketoisocaproate (A-KIC): A-KIC bears significant anticatabolic properties, meaning it helps prevent muscle breakdown during strenuous exercise. It also plays a role in energy production and aids the removal of ammonia during workouts; ammonia leads to muscle fatigue. Additionally, ketoisocaproate converts to beta-hydroxy beta-methylbutyrate (HMB), which helps promote muscular growth while simultaneously preventing muscle breakdown.

Pretty straight forward from the looks above, but Gkeezy you might ask, how did it perform. Eh, let me tell you my avid readers.
=========================
Dosing: 5/10 - The dosing is super confusing. Its a pump product so why spread the dosing out throughout the day with meals ? I mean if its for the purpose of nutrient partitioning I would understand but it did not work in that manner. Anyways folks, I took this 2 pills with my pwo about 20 minutes before my workout. I did not follow the labels dosing because I did not see how it would help my pump at the gym if I took it in the morning and lunch and my workout is later much later at night time.

=========================
Effectiveness: 7/10 - EH, when it works, it works Amazing, but then it just drops out, like Carmelo Anthony playing defense in the NBA. When I first took the product, about 30 minutes after, I would notice something interesting. The more reps I did, and yes I was able to bust out more reps in the first place, but the more reps I did, the more muscle tension I could feel. The blubber like water filled muscles started to become pumped full of blood and more tensed up. For the first 20 minutes of my workout, it became entirely intense. My muscle hardness increased, I could feel the vascularity pulse through my skin, I started seeing veins where I did not think I had veins, it was pretty awesome.

But then something weird happens. At about 25 minutes into the workout, every single time, it would just completely disappear. As if I have not taken anything for the pump aspect. I do not mean it faded away I mean it would just straight up disappear. Pumps gone, vascularity gone, increased aggressive energy gone, muscle tension gone. That would tank my entire workout. I would get all pumped up, look in the mirror, see the pump, embrace the pump, and as I was about to really explode with the pump, it would go POOF, gone!

The only other time I noticed anything from this product was the residual effect it has on libido when taken about 15 minutes before you get into trouble with that not so good looking girl next door that puts out. However, be warned just like it was with the gym, just the same way in bed, if you are ready to rev up your energy, be sure to get it all in in about 20 minutes, or else your soldier will disappear just as quickly as he appeared.

=========================

Value: 7/10 - Its about $30 for 30 servings. Its affordable.

=========================

Overall: 7/10 - Look its not a bad product, but for a pump product I expected a lot more. I wanted face peeling type of pump friction but what I got was a good hype for things to come and then a downward quick spiral of pure nothingness. I would honestly pass on this product next time, because I cannot justify $30 for about 25 minutes worth of product. Maybe its the dosing protocol, maybe its the low dosages of the OKG, GKC and A-KIC, but I would love to have seen some Agmantine or even Cetrulline added to this for that extra umpf. But its not my product, so on that note, I say, give this a shot if you don't mind throwing $30 away.

5.5
  April 3, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label

I have been on quite the NO kick lately with my workout supplements. Nothing is quite as satisfying as having a full-on pump during a workout and I have been trying quite a few different ones lately to find out which seem to work best for me. VASST was one of the latest ones I have tried.

Each serving is 3 capsules for a total of 30 servings per bottle. The directions state to take one to two servings per day so the bottle lasts 15 days dosing at the maximum recommended rate.

L-Arginine AKG: 2985mg per serving
Standard dosing is 3-6g per day. I opted for the two servings a day so this fits in the higher range of daily dosage. However that is probably for someone 60-80 lbs lighter than me, still within acceptable range. L-Arginine supplementation is well known for increased NO levels, increase workout capacity, increase in blood flow in some studies, and provide other benefits in minor ways.

L-Arginine Ketoisocaproate: 15mg per serving
Not quite sure why this is in here at this dose. This compound is 66% arginine so congrats you get 15mg if Arginine extra. I have heard companies say that this is the "new" version of NO supplementation but I have not seen any literature sharing why it is supposed to be so great at such a low dose.

L-Ornathine AKG: 75mg per serving
This seems to be grossly underdosed with the low end of normal dosing being around 3 grams. Ornathine converts to citrulline producing the byproduct urea. It effectively decreases the ammonia buildup from exercise therefore prolonging workout endurance, stamina, and apparently slightly increases sleep quality as well.

L-Glutamine AKG: 75mg per serving
This is a great compound for Nitrogen retention and cell volumization but a normal daily dose would be between 3-6 grams. At 150mg per day this is sadly underdosed.

There were no issues with dosing. Rather large tabs but nothing I'm not used to.

First off, the most telling aspect of this product was alright. It was pretty much average as far as NO products go. Decent pump overall, I didn't really feel like this enhanced my recovery like this product claims. I recently switched programs to Jim Stoppani's Super Shredded 8 which is a whole bunch of supersetting and high intensity full body exercises with little rest and I have been sore as hell. Period. So I have to take faster recovery aspect with a grain of salt being as it has been a recent switch. As far as vascularity goes, it didn't seem to produce the veins in my shoulders like the best NO products I have tried. Again pumps were decent but that is all I can really say about this product in terms of effectiveness.

This product is at its cheapest at amazon.com for 29.97 or roughly $1/serving.
At one serving per day this isn't a bad value overall depending on how effective you deem this product. At two servings a day (where I received the best results) this can be pretty pricey.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Basically, this product is a whole solid dose of Arginine AKG and a sprinkling of the other three ingredients. For me it is overpriced due to the lack of substantial doses of the other ingredients especially when taking the maximum dose still has you paying $2/a day to supplement.

March 28, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Good Value Taken Pre-workout
  • Great Pumps
  • Pills Are Rather Big And Maybe Hard To Swallow
First off I want to thank BELDT Labs for letting us Troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I was looking for a new pump product and saw the views on here for this and they were all raving this as a decent product and figured I would give it a try the next time it came available. This wound up being one of the better pump products I have used in a long time.

Ingredients:
This has a pretty basic and simple profile to it. I like that everything is listed and says how much your getting and don't use any prop blends. I like their approach they went with this and went more old school with ingredients. Nothing in this is really new and it works. Here is a little break down of what each ingredient does that I found on their website.

Value:
This is where the product takes a big hit for me. Right now the only place you can get this is on their website and amazon.com. On their website they want $59.95. For a pump product I think that is way to expensive for me. I just found this on amazon.com for $29.97 which I think is an ok price for a product like this. I don't think any pump type product should cost you any more than $30 at most. Depending on how you dose this could get kind of expensive if your using it all the time.

Taste:
No taste. These come in pill form.

Mixing/Dosing
Nothing to mix since these come in pill form. The dosing they want you to do for this is a bit different. They want you to take 1 to 2 times daily 30 minutes before breakfast with 8 ounces of water and / or 30 minutes before lunch or dinner with 8 ounces of water. The reason I figure they want you to take this with breakfast/lunch is so you can open the airways more and get more nutrients in your system better. I did not think this would make much difference doing it that way so instead I would just take 3 pills during my last break at work which was 2 hours before I would be done with work and then ready to take my pre-workout. That seemed to work pretty good for me so I just stuck with doing it that way.

This turned out for me to be a pretty strong pump product. Not long after I would start my workouts I could really feel this start to kick in. It felt like a pretty good rush of blood going through my veins. I always felt like I got some ok pumps, good pumps, and crazy insane pumps. I think it depended on the day and what I was working and how hard I was working out by what kind of pumps I got. For the most part this felt pretty consistent for me at giving me some kind of pump and more endurance. If I would increase my workout that day I would really feel the pumps a lot more. If I did not workout as hard the pumps were just so-so. There were times when I would workout really hard and depending on what I was working I would get some pumps that were just down right painful and to much to handle. I know a few times I had to back off a little because the pumps I was getting were just to painful and made my breathing real heavy.

The vascularity part of this was fairly decent. I got some vascularity from this but nothing real crazy like where I had the road map looking veins. I do wish I could have gotten a little more vascularity from this. I do feel my muscle looked and felt more full from this which I did like. I felt like my endurance was a lot better and could go longer. I feel this helped increase my workouts more and made them a lot more enjoyable because of the good pumps I got and extra energy it gave me.

Side Effects:
for me some of the pumps I got where a bit painful and a little to much at times. Also the tablets for this are rather large and my be a bit hard to swallow since you need to take 3 of them at once.

Overall:
This turned out for me to be a fairly decent pump product. I felt this worked really well for me and was very consistent from beginning to end. I always felt I got some kind of pumps from this. The only draw back to this product is price. Depending on how you dose this could really be costly. If you have some extra cash I would highly recommend giving this a try. It's not a super fancy product with a lot of different ingredients in it but it does work. Again thanks BELDT Labs for making a good product like this and letting us Troopers try it.

February 24, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pumps
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Good Value Taken Pre-workout
Man, this TROOP program is awesome. I don't care if I try a product that isn't good or if I try a product that is the schizz. I just love the opportunity to do so... As always, thanks for the opportunity. I used this product a little different than the bottle says to. I used it as strictly a preworkout for it's pumps during the workout. I used a preworkout with no N.O booster in it so I didn't have to worry about skewed results. Towards the end I used just this for a PWO because I had ran out of my PWO. This is one of the better pump products I have used.

If you have read any of my other reviews you know I, along with 99% of SR.com, love a breakdown of the ingredients. I won't necessarily not buy a product because it doesn't break it down, but I am more apt to buy a product that breaks down it's ingredients before I look at one with a blend. VASST does just this and for that I say THANK YOU!! Now I know exactly how much I am putting in my body and not just what I am putting in it.

The ingredient profile looks like this:

A-AKG- 2985mg's- AAKG is a nonessential amino acid that's necessary when it comes to making nitric oxide in the liver.

OKG- 75mg's- Ornithine ketoglutarate changes the way amino acids, the building blocks of protein, are used in the body. It also increases insulin, a hormone that regulates the amount of sugar in the blood.

GKG- 75mg's- Glutamine Alpha-Ketoglutarate efficiently bypasses the gut and has the ability to enter the muscle cell directly giving you superior absorption and cell volumization.

A-KIC- 15mg's- The amino acid Arginine bonded to alpha-Ketoisocaproic acid to increase bioavailability. AKIC is used to boost nitric oxide levels, increase endurance, and muscle pumps.

These four ingredients, when combined, work tremendously well to give you its intended result.

The label wants you to take a serving 30 minutes before breakfast and then again before either lunch or dinner. I did that for a few days, but then decided to use 30-45 minutes before working out and that's where I began to notice its effect. I get why they want you to take it before breakfast and lunch/dinner so that you can open up the "airwaves" for your body to receive the nutrients etc... But I really enjoyed how tight and full my body looked while working out so I just used it with my PWO.

As I have stated before.... IT WORKS!! There is not much more to say. Looking in the mirror (checking form of course) I noticed how no matter what body part I was working out it was much fuller than on days before when I would take a previous NO that didn't work or I would take nothing at all.

Now THIS is my only problem. they want you to take up to 6 a day. Doing the math that is 15 days worth. If you use it like I did (preworkout) then you can get 30 days out of it. If you hit up Amazon you can get this as cheap as $35. If you get it from Beldt Labs it's $60, and that's WAY TO MUCH for a NO Booster.

Side Effects

I noticed ZERO side effects....

Conclusion

In conclusion, I really like this product. I just don't really like the price. If I have a few extra dollars at some point I would definitely buy again. The pumps were great. Once again, thanks for the opportunity and I look forward to many more.

February 11, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pumps
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Good Value Taken Pre-workout

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
Huge thank you to BELDT Labs for their support of the SR Troops program. VASST is a premium nitric oxide load. It supports tighter, fuller pumps, denser muscularity, and quicker recuperation. It's also an advanced blend of high-quality vasodilative and anti-catabolic agents. Now let's see what kind of pumps vasst will give you.

It's a pretty simple ingredient profile everything is listed. First you have A-AKG at 2985mg which helps to process the ammonia created by intense muscle activity and creates glutamine which is important for energy and muscle recovery. A-AKG helps increase workout performance, which will result in increased muscle mass. Next you OKG at 75mg Ornithine alpha ketoglutarate (OKG) improves the performance of athletes by speeding muscle recovery time while boosting protein synthesis. Ornithine alpha-ketoglutarate, is an advanced anabolic and anti-catabolic amino acid supplement designed for serious strength athletes. Next is GKG at 75mg GKG is a dietary supplement that has been designed especially for athletes who train with weights. It may help muscle cells maintain maximum volume by preserving their most abundant amino acids--glutamine and taurine. Finally you have A-KIC at 15mg the
promotion of an extended muscle pump signaling muscle growth and speeding
recovery increasing strength and stamina.

Dosing was pretty easy just take 3 pills 1 to 2 times daily. The pills were pretty easy to take didn't have any issues with them. I found it to be more effective to take it twice a day which would be 6 pills.

You may not look like Scott Steiner but you will sure feel like him when you take vasst. The pumps were crazy and not just at the gym but during the day too. At work I do a lot of heavy lifting while moving 70lb plus boxes around there I would get a shoulder pump from all the moving. The vasodilative was also really noticeable during my workout. My traps, chest, and arms were on a pump high from having vasst in my system. The pump from my chest workout carried over a few days after. While training back there was still a chest pump from the workout I had two days ago. Denser muscularity was a big win too it was flex Friday every day. There was more muscularity in traps, biceps, triceps, and well pretty much every part of my body. Highly effective while at the same time keep those pumps going. Great stuff!

On the BELDT website vasst goes for 59.99 for 30 servings that's if you take it once a day. But if you take it twice a day it's only 15 servings.

Side Effects

Conclusion

VASST was a solid N.O. pump product but it can be pretty expensive depending on if you take it once or twice daily. I found it to be high effective at twice daily but for 60bucks at 15 servings you will need to be on the Rich Piana banking system in order to afford it. This is a product I would use again but for the price it would be expensive item to buy all the time.

February 3, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pumps
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Good Value Taken Pre-workout

This is the first dedicated pump product I have tried (other than Arginine etc in PWOs). I had always assumed pump products were for young guys starting out that wanted to look bigger in the gym mirror (nothing wrong with that from a motivational aspect), and that thats really all they did - just give you bigger biceps for an hour or so. In fact Beldt delivered here, and produced a product I will use going forward - probably not every day but for sure on arm days.

Lets take a detailed look...

Like most of us on SR, I love to see a fully disclosed label and Beldt gives us that. I had not heard of Beldt before, and I think they are pretty new, but they have had some good reviews on their fat burner SKALD. Beldt is not churning out me-too products but bringing some new ideas to the market which is good to see. Just looking through the pump supplement category on SR, there is an odd mix of products, and none of the hot brands at the moment seem to be producing dedicated pump products. I am assuming thats because they put pump compounds (mostly L-Arginine) in their PWOs these days. Anyway, Beldt saw a gap there, and no question the pumps you get from VASST are way bigger than any PWO I have tried.

My new routine when reviewing is to check over on Labdoor.com to see what products from the manufacturer I am reviewing have been analyzed there. If Labdoor reports that the manufacturer's labelling is accurate for content then thats a big plus for me. Even some of the respected names are not coming out too well over there. Labdoor is also open to recommendations to test new products and very responsive if you contact them. Anyway - no Beldt products on there yet.

So primarily VASST comprises just under 3g of A-AKG, which is L-Arginine in alpha ketoglutarate form. There are 2 other amino in the same form (ornithine and glutamine) at 75mg, and then a very small amount (15mg) of l-arginine as the ketoiscaproate form. We know that A-AKG produces NO which acts as a vasodilator, increasing blood flow to the muscles being worked, hence the pump. The other components are in there for recovery and to prevent muscle fatigue according to Beldt.

For reference, a PWO like Nutrabio PRE Extreme contains 2 NO components: Agmatine Sulfate at 1g and Arginine silicate at 750mg. I can feel some pump with PRE, but nothing like I got with VAAST. Beldt looks to have done their homework with the compounds in VASST.

Directions are: take 3 (fairly large) pills 1-2 times/day, morning and lunch or dinner. I took 6/day as directed, and also tried taking just 3, 30min before training. To be honest, i could not feel the difference in pump volume. There may be other benefits to taking 6/day but there were not obvious during this run.

On arm days I did get massive pumps which lasted for about an hour after woking out. They were not so big and painful as to prevent me from competing the work out or getting the last reps out. What I did feel in fact was that I could squeeze an additional 1-2 reps out, and also I moved up 10lbs on barbell curls during the run. I can't say for sure the weight increase was due to VASST, but i am pretty sure the extra reps were. I was not on creatine during this run but thats just what the effect felt like - an extra 1-2 reps on your normal weight. Does creatine + VASST = 4 extra reps?

On other body parts I found the same effect - an extra 1-2 reps - its just that the pump is not really noticeable beyond arms.

And I have to admit, it did feel good seeing my arms look bigger in the gym mirror, and a couple of people commented on it.

Aside from feeling good about looking big, there appear to be several benefits to the generation of NO in the body: less fatigue, increased recovery, and maybe some fat burning.

Beldts direct pricing strategy is crazy. $99 US list price, reduced to $59.95 on their website. Or $45.20 from Amazon. Its also available for $34.97 from Amazon if you look for it (Tommy - maybe check the Amazon/SR link there).

My value ranking is at the $34.97 price point. At that price, its $2/day at 6 tabs/day, or $1 at 3 tabs/day. I honestly could not feel any difference to taking 3 just before training, rather than every day, so if you just take it on training days then its about $1/workout. Of course you have to add the $1 PWO, $1 intra, post carb, post protein, creatine, sleep aid, test boost, blah blah blah. Supplementation isn't cheap when you add it all up, but as we know, getting the right products in the right combination with the right timing can rally transform your workouts and your body.

On balance, I think VAAST is definitely worth taking pre-workout - at the very least pre-arm workout.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Beldt has made an impressive entry to the supplement game: novel products with novel formulations, great reviews so far with SKALD, and of course the full disclosure label we all love.