PRIZM has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins

PRIZM Reviews

By: BELDT Labs

Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins
PRIZM is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by BELDT Labs. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.

PRIZM has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins

7.1

August 9, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Made In USA
  • GMP
  • Increased Well Being
  • Liquid Filled Capsules
  • Non-GMO Formula
  • Low Dosage On Some Ingredients

Okay, I'm pulling the tried and true "we had a baby" excuse for the tardiness of this review. A lot of things that used to be priorities don't even make the list these days...anyhow thanks to Beldt Labs for understanding and being cool about it (I was in contact with the rep through the TROOPER CP). Also a thank you because I received a full 2 month supply instead of the standard 1 bottle.

Beldt has built a solid foundation on this site, mostly with their fat burner Skald, so when I saw the multivitamin pop up I wanted to give it a try. Another thing that interested me is that this product was a liquid cap and I have heard that vitamins absorb better in liquid form but have never tried one out. Additionally, I had not been on a multi for a few months before using this product so I felt it would be a good run to really see how it performed.

You know, your general A-Z vitamins are in here with a small blend other trace nutrients and a small fruit and veggie blend. Nothing special really jumped off the label but nothing was missing from what I normally look for in a multi. I do like that you get 1000 IU of Vitamin D and a 25mg B-Complex and I wish there was a little more Vitamin C. If you've read any of my other multi reviews you'll know I don't expect my multi to give me every single nutrient in an effective dose because that's stupid. However, the fruit and veggie blend is so small at 5mg I think it might be better just left out. But I get it, it does look good on the label. It's not a big deal to me. Overall though, I just want something to help fill in the gaps in my nutrition and I think Prizm does that.

No taste or mixing. They recommend 2 caps 1-2 times a day. I just took two with my first meal every day. I didn't feel the need to dose any higher than that. Probably better to split the dose up but I ain't got no time for dat.

Not being on a multi I did actually notice this product at first; at least until my body got used to it and things became the "new norm". I felt a little bit more energy throughout my day and was able to rely on caffeine less than usual. I even weened myself off my daily Bang energy drink to something with less caffeine! I felt pretty good overall while on this and didn't get sick at all either despite being exposed to some nasty stuff including spending time in the hospital too for the birth. I also recovered well from my rides and felt good pushing hard on the bike. I'm not 100% sure if it's the liquid formula absorbing better or not but I think anecdotally it did help the product work better. I got just as good of results as some other multis I have tried that have much larger doses of ingredients.

This is a good value as it will only run you $15/month. Yes there are cheaper options out there. You can always go to Costco and buy like a bajillion year supply for $2.43 but you're gonna get what you pay for in quality there. So for a better multi than Costco/Centrum/One a Day this is a really competitive price. Products in a similar tier are in general priced the same or more.

Side Effects

Just a few vitamin burps occasionally. Not enough to bother be really and usually only if I ate something that put a lot of air in my system or drank a pop.

Conclusion

Prizm may not look the "best" on paper or on the label but it actually performed really well for me and I would consider using it again sometime. I do think there is something to the liquid absorption boosting efficacy. I may play around with that some more in the future. It's a well priced product in its category and if you're looking for some basic multi support I'd say give it a try! You could definitely do worse than Prizm.

Overall
Overall
4.8
4.7
4.9
  July 6, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Made In USA
  • Expensive For What Is Included
  • Low Dosage On Some Ingredients

Hi everyone, thanks for taking a look at this review. Also, thanks to Beldt labs for trusting this community to give honest feedback on your products-- that's what I'll be aiming to do here.

I want to start by saying I'm not an every day MV kind of guy by nature. I actually do make a point to eat lots of nutrients through vegetables and my efforts to do so usually result in me needing to take in more protein from powder-sources; so, my money usually goes to protein first. That aside, when I do take a multi, I almost always feel the effects of well-being and general mental/physical health. I wouldn't chalk that feeling up to placebos either. I take enough supplements overall to be mindful of what I should be feeling according to whatever is in the product. Unfortunately, I didn't feel much at all when taking Prizm.

It's strange for me not to feel, at least, something from a MV. Then I took a closer look at the label. Where I initially saw things like the "fruits and vegetable blend", Panax Ginseng, and CoQ10; I now saw 5mg, 5mg, 50mcg.

According to Examine.com, here are the recommended dosages of:
Panax Ginseng: 200-400mg - Doses of 40mg *might* be bioactive
Prizm: 5mg

CoQ10: 90mg - 200mg
Prizm: 50mcg (side note: seriously?)
(side note part 2: there are 1000 mcg in 1 mg)
(side note part 3: that's 0.01% of the top end dose. You just ate a basis point)
(side note part 4: I'm not very good at math. Someone might want to double check that)

However, then you have others at high dosages:
Vitamin D-3 (the good one): 1000IU
That outpaces competitors like Optimen, and meets the minimum sufficient dose. (Again, according to Examine)

Overall most of the ingredients are simply short changed. That CoQ10 though... that's like the measurement you'd get if you left the window open while you were working next door to another place making supplements with CoQ10 at legit doses.

Simple here- two daily with food. I took it in the morning with breakfast.

These are pills - No mixing or taste.

Pills are liquid caps- not powder caps or capsules.

I will say, my skin and hair are looking a little healthier. It makes sense that would be the case with the healthy vitamin D serving. They also use D3, which is the one that your body produces from the sun-- so that's good. Besides that, nothing really. I also got a little cold from my 3 yr old while taking it as well.

Again, not good. 30 servings for $15.99. That's $0.53/serving. Optimen I've found for $36.99 at 80 servings, or $0.42 per serving; and it has a better overall profile. Same with Megamen- that's often on sale but at full price is $19.99-- and that's for 60 servings! ($0.33)

The way I look at it is this: ON and GNC are the brands to beat from a cost and profile perspective when it comes to Multis. If you aren't going to do that, make something else.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I can't recommend this one... it just seems like a bad purchase all around. I don't know if Beldt is getting greedy with this one and trying to make a big margin, or maybe the liquid makes it more expensive, or maybe there are supply chain issues? Who knows what the case may be. What I do know is that there are simply better options available.

June 30, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Made In USA
  • Liquid Filled Capsules
  • Increased Well Being
  • GMP
  • Non-GMO Formula
  • Expensive For What Is Included
  • Iron
  • Side Effects From Iron

One of the largest supplement types is multivitamins. The science is still out on whether or not you truly need a multivitamin. I' am not sure if you need one but it may help if you have a less than ideal diet. I know that I have used them for years and notice that I get sick less when I am taking then as opposed to when I am not. This observation could be a total coincidence, I' am not sure. So, when BELDT Labs put up their multivitamin PRIZM I had to try it. Let's see if it becomes a staple of mine.

BELDT Labs PRIZM comes in a 60 capsule bottle. Each serving is two liquid filled capsules and they recommend taking two capsules 1-2 times daily. These are definitely liquid as I opened some just to see and it is a yellow thick liquid. Before I go into the ingredients, I will note that they are made in the USA, are GMP certified, and use a non-GMO formula. At first glance of the ingredient profile (label submitted below) you can see that this is a basic multivitamin. I would put it above Centrum and on par with GNC Mega Men. In here, you have your standard vitamins and minerals you will find in almost all multivitamins. The forms of the individual vitamins are just okay. For example, the vitamin B-12 is cyanocobalamin the preferred version is methylcobalamin. Another example is the magnesium that is magnesium oxide, which has poor bioavailability than other forms of magnesium. Let me be clear most multivitamins have the forms found in PRIZM like your centrums, mega men, and most others you find at the drug store.

In addition to the standard vitamins and minerals, PRIZM also has some additional nutrients. These include choline bitartrate at 5 mg; the standard dosage is 250-1000 mg. Coenzyme Q10 at a 50 mcg, which is 0.05 mg, the standard dosage is 90-200 mg. Panax Ginseng at a 5 mg dose, the standard dosage is 200-400 mg. There is also a 42 fruits and vegetable blend at a 5 mg dosage. If you could not tell these are immensely under dosed comparing them to the standard dosages. I do not even think these would make a dent in your health at these insignificant dosages. However, I will say that many multivitamins will add these types of ingredients for something extra to put on the label. Before I move onto the next section I want to make mention that this includes Iron at a 9 mg dose, which is 50% daily value. I will go into more detail into why I mentioned this mineral later on.

Taste and mixability do not apply here. As far as dosing goes, BELDT Labs recommends two capsules 1-2 times daily. I think your average person can just take two capsules one time daily and still have a positive experience with these. I personally took two capsules two times daily with large meals. I did try these on an empty stomach and I did have a stomachache but this is standard with most multivitamins.

The effectiveness of multivitamins is difficult to assess. I can say that over the course of taking this product I never got sick even when others around me did. I notice that with most multivitamins I take this is an effect that I sometimes have. It could totally be a coincidence. In terms of not getting sick PRIZM was on par with Orange Triad, Vital4U, Animal Pak, Mega Men and Anavite. However, I do think it surpassed Centrum one a day in this regard.

I also noticed an increase in well being and energy. I felt good when I took PRIZM. I am a teacher, the end of the school year can be stressful, and it was not as bad this year. Again, this could have been purely coincidental. I think this was as effective as Mega Men and Centrum in this regard but not as effective as Orange Triad, Anavite, Animal Pak, and Vital4U. As for energy, I did feel a slight uptick in energy after I dosed these with my meals on par with mega men and superior to Centrum. I will say that I have experienced a better increase in energy from Orange Triad, Anavite, Animal Pak, and Vital4U.

I do want to mention some negatives to the effectiveness and that was issues with the inclusion of iron in the multivitamin. Sometimes I react badly to supplemental iron. In this case, I have issues in the bathroom with difficulty going. This in turn creates more issues in that region. So, be aware if you have issues with supplemental iron I would avoid this multivitamin (and any that have iron).

PRIZM currently retails for $15.99 on Amazon. This makes it about $0.53 per serving. I will be honest for what is in the product this is pricey. I recently purchased GNC Mega Men One Daily for $10, which is $0.16 per serving. However, these are not liquid filled and are caplets instead (they dissolved fine). You can bulk buy PRIZM and can get each dosage for as low as $0.42 per serving. Comparing it to other multivitamins Opti-Men is $0.46 per serving, Orange Triad is $0.64 per serving, and Biovite is $0.42. PRIZM falls towards the high end of these with only Orange Triad being more expensive. My main issue with the pricing of PRIZM is I view it as a basic multivitamin above Centrum and on par with Mega Men One Daily. With that in mind, it should be similar priced to those and it currently is not even at a bulk buy. As far as value goes, I do not think I would purchase this even though it falls under my $0.75 budget for multivitamins.

Side Effects

As mentioned previously I did experience a stomachache when taking these on an empty stomach. This is standard for most multivitamins, as they should be taken with food. I also had issues with going to the bathroom due to the iron content of the multivitamin. If you have issues with iron, I would probably avoid this product.

Conclusion

My main issues with PRIZM come down to two things. First, the inclusion of iron that gave me some GI issues. I do wish that they had an iron free version. Before claiming and taking this product, I suspected I may have had issues with iron but this confirmed it. I want to be clear though I suspect that if I took another multivitamin with iron I would have the same issues. Second, the price of this is just too high for what is in it. It is priced at a premium when it honestly is rather basic and on par with Mega Men, which is much cheaper. It is unique in the sense that it is liquid instead of caplets but I do not think it is worth the increase in price. The insignificant dosages of some added ingredients to me just serve as something extra to put on the label (many other companies do this). Overall, it was an EFFECTIVE multivitamin but the price and the included iron held it back for me. I do not think I would purchase this unless they lowered the price and had an iron free version. In terms of recommending it, that is difficult, if you are taking a Centrum this could be a step up and worth a try. I would like to thank BELDT Labs for sending the produce and the Trooper Program for coordinating it.