Super Sauna Reviews

By: Beast Sports Nutrition

FORUM TOPICS
Super Sauna is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by Beast Sports Nutrition. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.
6.7

July 9, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • True Thermo Effect
  • Tastes Great
  • Unable To Time The Effects
  • Too Intense Even At Half A Scoop

Super Sauna worked pretty much just as advertised, but the effects were so strong I had trouble taking it on a consistent basis and they seemed to hit with a delay for no apparent reason. If you really want to sweat, this will work. Be prepared for some additional sides though.

First, a quick thanks to Beast SN for sending this out to me. I've been searching for a better thermogenic and this one made some really strong metric-based claims. After some reviews from other troopers, I decided to give it a shot. I'm trying to think of the right analogy for my experience with this but struggling. It was like I was searching and searching, thinking nothing would work, then throwing myself into the most intense, crazy option available to anyone. Skiing bunny slopes my whole life then thrown to backwoods glades... down a cliff? From kiddie roller coasters to being thrown out of a plane with a wing suit? Something like that.

I was hoping it would help shed a little water weight and boy it would've done wonders if I could've kept it up daily.

In Super Sauna you have a fully disclosed label, which is great.

Carnitine Tartrate (100mg) - This is a fairly low dose of carnitine, which is used to help your body favor triglycerides as fuel for the kreb's cycle, as opposed to carbohydrates.
Also contained is:
Gamma-Butyrobetaine HCl (25mg) - A precursor for the natural production of carnitine. While the carnitine dosage is low, the resulting carnitine production from GBB can be as much as 30x compared to dosing preformed carnitine from external sources. If accurate, this results in an additional 1,050mg of carnitine in your blood.
Grains of Paradise (30mg) - This is the thermogenic component of super sauna. This actually stimulates the burning of brown fat, which is technically good stored fat. Burning brown fat also burns off mitochondria stored within which can result in a powerful thermogenic effect.
Bioperine (5mg) - This is typically just used to increase absorption of other ingredients, but could also heighten the thermogenic effects of the product altogether.

Whoever formulates the flavors at Beat deserves a raise. Their stuff always seems to taste delicious. I received the Lemon Dropkick and it was fantastic. It was like high quality lemonade as you drank it, and gave you a little burn after swallowing that didn't linger but almost just served as a warning of what's to come.

Mixability was a breeze, one of the easiest mixing products I've ever used.

Dosing was tricky. The label didn't give too much guidance either. I tried with food, which was a mistake. That usually meant the onset came hours later. Without food and I ended up experiencing some sides. With just a little food accompanied with my PWO before the gym, and I was violating the recommendation not to use it before intense exercise and also experienced some sides. Ultimately, I couldn't get it down to a science and because of how effective it was when it finally hit, I could never take it consistently.

Holy cow. I've never sweat like I have on Super Sauna, at least not because of a supplement. At some seemingly random point after consuming it was like the flood gates opened. I felt flush, hot, sweat like I was actually in a sauna, then got cold chills, sometimes I felt feverish, I felt like I needed to go to the bathroom constantly, it was insane. Even when I reduced it to half a scoop I probably had 90% of the effects. This would've been great if I could have timed it during a time that it would be socially acceptable to sweat like a temptress in church, but those windows are quite small and the effects lasted AT LEAST two hours-- minimum.

The big problem I ran into with this was that the timing seemed to be randomly delayed and you had no idea when it would hit you. Sometimes it took literally hours. The bottle claims within 20 minutes, but I only experienced that once or twice. I took it on a few occasions at about 5pm when I got home from work and woke up sweating like crazy at 11pm and having some pretty crazy dreams that usually involved fires or volcanoes.

Despite never being able to take this on back to back days out of sheer fear of it, I did notice that it made immediate impacts on my composition. I am already lean, so I don't know that it would be universal, but if I ever sweat to the degree that this made me sweat I will notice it the next day-- mainly in the contrast and muscle segmentation. If I could've mustered the courage to plow through, I imagine it would have been a pretty drastic change, but because of how miserable the experience was when it kicked in, I just couldn't.

For 30 servings you can reliably buy this at bodybuilding.com for $19.99. That is a really great price point for this product, no issues there whatsoever.

Side Effects

- delayed crazy sweating (obviously the point of this product is to sweat but the delay was sometimes hours)
- cold sweats
- goose bumps
- GI issues
- chills
- minor nausea
(basically like giving yourself the flu for a couple hours)

Conclusion

I would recommend this product to people who are experienced with thermogenics and used to these types of side effects, but I would encourage anyone to approach with caution. I'd probably not recommend it to inexperienced people. I've taken about 5 thermogenic products and did not feel experienced enough to use this. I also tend to respond really easily to some things though, and this was the most GoP I've ever had in a single product. I have to give it the yes smiley face because it does exactly what it promises (more or less), but I will probably never touch this stuff again. This made the review very difficult to write fairly, so I hope I conveyed it all clearly.

Thank you to Beast sports though, it's always fun to me in a sick cathartic sort of way to be overwhelmed by any supplement still.
  • Lemon Dropkick: 8/10

Overall
Overall
6.4
6.8
  May 23, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Slight Warming Effect
  • Thermogenic Effects
  • Short Term Only

Super Sauna worked well at first, but its success was short lived. As a fat burner, it was so so.

I'm a competing powerlifter trying to cut down to get into a new weight class. I'm about 4 weeks out and only have a couple pounds to go. When I saw Super Sauna in the Troops Program, I was excited to try it. I figured every little bit helps.

We have an open label product, which I like. In one scoop of Super Sauna (5g), we have:

LCLT (100mg)- This is a form of l-carnitine often used for recovery. 100mg is a pretty small dose. 1-2g would be better.

Grains of Paradise (30mg). This spice is common in West Africa. Recently, it's made an appearance as a fat burner. 30mg is a decent dose.

Gamma-butyrobetaine HCI (25mg)- This compound will make you sweat, and it may help boost your metabolism. I couldn't find much on it (outside of rat studies).

BioPerine (5mg)- This is a patented form of piperine and can help improve the absorbability of some supplements. I don't think, however, any of the ingredients in this formula have been shown to benefit from piperine. Often, this ingredient is added for no reason (other than marketing).

Taste

I got the Lemon Dropkick. The initial taste was fine, 7.5/10, but the after taste is a bit rough.

Mixability

So the powder dissolves fine, but be careful with how you mix it. I first tried stirring it with a spoon, and I quickly realized that was a mistake. It felt like I was being maced.

I tried stirring it and leaning back and it was still kind of like being maced. It's worth it to use a shaker bottle, just so you can mix the powder while it's enclosed.

I used one serving before each workout. I didn't find a scoop in my container, so I just used a spoon and a food scale.

At first, Super Sauna was pretty effective for me. I could feel my body warm up right away when I used it, my heart rate was higher through out the workout (I can see my HR on a screen at the gym), and when I compared my fitness tracker data on my first Super Sauna workout to a similar workout the week before, I saw a 12% increase in my calories burned per minute, i.e. I burned 5.4 cals/min instead of 4.8

Unfortunately, however, these results did not last for very long. Although I could subjectively feel Super Sauna in my additional workouts (higher body temp, sweating, etc), my heart rate did not stay elevated as it did the first day.

On my second workout, I only saw a 6% increase in my calories burned per minute. Then it quickly fell to only a 1% increase, and by the end of the week, my calories burned were the same. I adapted to the product very quickly.

Maybe other people can get more use out of it, but I only had two good days with the product.

I've seen this product sell for $19, which is pretty cheap. There are 30 servings in a tub. The product, though, has no caffeine, so most people would probably add it to a caffeinated product, which does take away from the value a bit. I saw this as an add on to a pre-workout vs. being a full one.

Side Effects

The spice in the product can be a bit rough, but I found it worse when I was mixing the product than when I was actually drinking it. If you don't like spicy things, I would stay away.

Conclusion

I did get some use out of the product, but it wasn't enough for me to want to recommend it. It could be worth a try at it's lowest price, and if you did get it, I would cycle it, e.g. 2 days on, 2 days off.

6.6
6.4
  May 22, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • True Thermo Effect
  • Increased Waterloss
  • Minimally Effective For Fat Loss
  • Short Term Only

Really solid in producing an actual thermogenic effect, but I question its true effectiveness as a fat loss agent. A nice cutting stack add on.

In all honesty I've not had much success with non-stim fat burners, particularly thermos. I find most to be minimally effective and/or the cause of significant negative side effects. Even so, as I have been on a cut since the start of the New Year, I was on the lookout for stim-free fat support to help me reach and maintain my goal weight of 200 lbs.

This is my second of three Beast product reviews. I very much enjoyed their BCAA 2:1:1 supplement and appreciate their involvement with the Troop program.

SuperSauna's profile is relatively basic. The backbone is a thermogenic sweat compound comprised of Grains of Paradise extract, GBEE (improves blood circulation), and Black Pepper extract (Bioperine - used to improve supplement absorption). Also included are L-Carnitine Tartrate, an antioxidant that converts fat into energy, as well Vitamin C and some sodium and potassium for hydration and electrolyte support.

The most important ingredient, IMO, is the GoP extract. That's the core of the sweat compound and the source of actual sweating. Grains of Paradise is a spice with a similar composition to ginger that shows some promise in controlling fat mass and alleviating digestive ailments, among other benefits. Because it is a spice the extract can cause sweating when ingested.

No studies have been done with respect to effective dosage although 10mg appears to be the dosage floor. You're getting a 60mg prop blend of the aforementioned three ingredients per serving, so it does appear the GoP is well dosed.

I requested and received the Lemon Dropkick flavor. Beast did a nice job here - the flavoring is on point with just the right amount of sweetness. Tastes like a solid lemonade. There is a good punch of spiciness and heat as well. If you've ever had a steak au poivre you'll know what I mean. It has a strong peppery kick without the actual flavor of pepper. Hard to describe but not unpleasant in any way (for me at least).

I generally mixed one scoop in 32oz. ice water. My dose timing was inconsistent - I usually just took a scoop whenever I felt like it, most commonly between 10am and 3pm. I didn't use this every day but tried to ensure I was taking in at least four servings a week.

Since January 1st I've actually lost ~16 pounds. Started the year weighing in at 219 and was 203 this AM, with the low point being 201. I tried unsuccessfully to stack SuperSauna with a diuretic at the end of March to cut out those last few pounds of water weight in order to hit my goal of 199 lb. Didn't quite get there, but overall have been happy with my results.

Now, that said, SuperSauna was, in some scenarios, the best supplement at actually generating a thermogenic effect that I've ever taken. I am NOT a sweaty guy. At all. I barely sweat in the gym even during a solid workout. I can't say I've really ever taken a product and thought "wow that really made me sweat". That is, until I took SuperSauna.

Now I'm not saying I was dripping or anything along those lines, but I noticed a marked increase in my sweating especially when I took a scoop of Sauna on an empty stomach. I definitely felt warmer and could feel most of my body sweating slightly. The effects lasted maybe an hour or so and were not unpleasant or uncomfortable in any way. Now, I'm usually fasted until about noon as I practice an IF eating protocol, and it was those 11AM scoops where I really noticed this effect. They diminished dramatically (to practically nothing) when I took Sauna after a meal.

I was pretty surprised by this result, especially considering I'd run a fat loss supplement a few months ago that also contained GoP and experienced no such effects. That was a pill product though, so I'm wondering if this delivery method is more effective.

All that said, I can't point to SuperSauna and say it actually caused me to lose weight. I hit 205 lbs. right around the end of March and I've been pretty stagnant since then. I came in at 203 for the end of my competition, and that was with the added help of true diuretic. I popped back up to 205 shortly after and it was really only after I went on vacation when I was able to get down to 201 (don't ask me how, no idea).

Yes, Sauna helped provide a temporary leaning and tightening effect via improved water loss, but nothing in terms of permanent fat loss.

Thermogenic fat loss agents are an odd bag with most falling into the category of being only partially effective. They are also usually tough to compare pricewise give the drastically different ingredient profiles. Most fat burners will run you $1.00 per day though, meaning SuperSauna is right on target. At $25 for a 30 scoop tub, you're talking .83c per scoop. A decent price, but potentially tough to justify given its profile and what you can expect in terms of results. Really depends on your goals.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If all you want is to sweat, grab a tub of this. Beast's claim that this product "actually makes you sweat" is right on target and true. But don't look to SuperSauna for long-term goal attainment. This can help in the short term to cut a bit of water weight and would be nice to stack with other fat loss products (if you've got the funds that is), but I feel they are stronger options available if you're in the market for a strong fat loss agent.

Overall
Overall
5.8
5.9
5.7
  May 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Slight Warming Effect
  • Prop Blend
  • Underdosed

A slight thermo effect, but not an effective overall product for me.

Hey SR, back at it again today to review Beast Sports thermogenic powder called Super Sauna Black. I have been in a constant cutting phase for a long time now and always on the lookout for a supplement to make cutting easier and a little more effective. As we all know you get the results in cutting from diet and exercise, but certain supplements can provide a nice boost in helping your training and losing a couple of extra pounds.

I have mixed emotions about this profile. These ingredients are supposed to raise your body temperature to produce a thermogenic effect and thus burn more fat. This profile includes 1 g of carnitine, which I like as I always like carnitine in a supplement as it boosts metabolism and also helps in focus and endurance for me. Then we have a prop blend of 60 mg of grains of paradise, GBB HCL, and Bioperine. This is a little troubling because it is a prop blend, and at this dosage it has to be pretty low for each ingredient. I have had a couple supplements with grains of paradise before, with mixed reviews. The science is still out on this ingredient. Hopefully though, I was hoping for a synergistic effect of these ingredients to produce a nice thermo effect as I trained.

Dosing is one-two scoops a day. I used this both one scoop and two scoops a day depending on the workout and how I felt. Mixability was was very good, even though I added a scoop with other powders quite frequently. The flavor I got was lemon drop and it was good, maybe a little too sweet. It does have a pretty spicy aftertaste to it as well, which I kind of enjoyed. It did improve some of the preworkouts I was taking at the time.

When I took a scoop of this on it's own, I really didn't get much of an effect besides some slight warming. I wanted to get the most out of this product though so for most of the time I used this product I took it with my preworkout in the morning, hopefully having the lifting and cardio increasing the thermogenic effects. I lift for about 45 min-1 hour and then get about 20 minutes of cardio in. Unfortunately, I only received the slight warming effect as before when I took alone and some slight sweating concentrated to my upper lip. I have used other fat burners with great thermo effects where it would drastically increase sweating, etc. but this was just a light sweat on my upper lip. I have no idea why it was concentrated right there, but it was pretty weird and disappointing. I thought for sure combining with a high stim pre first thing in the morning it would produce better effects, but not for me.

Since this is purely a thermo product, and doesn't offer much in terms of stimulants, appetite control etc. I think this is pretty expensive at $25 for 30 servings. Especially if you go max dose of two scoops per day. It's pretty hard for me to recommend this at this price with better options available.

Side Effects

Lip sweat.

Conclusion

Unfortunately, this was a miss for me. A slight thermo effect but didn't help me enough to recommend.

April 19, 2018

• SWEAT
  • Thermogenic Effects
  • Itches

Super Sauna had some weird side effects but overall it was a nice way to make the most out of more cardio based workouts in the lead up to beach season.

Whats up SR, I chose to review Beast Sports Nutritions Super Sauna Black because obviously with the weather warming up and the summer season approaching its time to shed those last few pounds in the hopes of looking half decent. Quick thank you to both Beast and the Trooper program for hooking me up. Beast sent me almost their entire line so I really do have to give them a big thank you.

Okay down to the numbers, shall we? This does have a prop blend so we don't have the exact numbers, but nonetheless lets see what it has for us:

High-Potency Thermogenic Sweat Compound - 60mg
Grains of Paradise, Gamma- butyrobetaine ethyl ester HCL, Bioperine

Fat Burning Metabolism Compound:
L-Carnitine Tartrate - 1g

As we can see this is a super straight forward formula, we have the blend that makes you sweat and we have the blend thats going to help with fat mobilization and burning. I like the fact they kept it simple and also always like seeing bioperine in there to help increase absorption. I do wish we knew exactly how much of each thermogenic we were getting, but its not a major deal at the end of the day.

I received the lemon dropkick flavor, I enjoyed this and found it super easy to drink. Mixability was also not an issue, as with most things I usually continually swirl the supplement to avoid any potential settling issues. Dosing is one scoop before cardio or exercise, I used this as a pre Boxing/Muay Thai/ Jiu-Jitsu supplement as well as a pre cardio supplement on my extra cardio days.

Now for the fun stuff. As I stated before I took this either pre combat training or pre cardio, I will break down the effectiveness of each of these here:

Pre boxing/Muay Thai/Jiu-Jitsu:
This was the main way I used Super Sauna, I would take a scoop on my way to the gym, upon arriving I noticed I was usually already starting to sweat, which was a good sign for me right away. About 10 minutes into warming up/ stretching I could feel the beads of sweat starting to form on my forehead and could see them on my arms. By the end of the class I looked like I had jumped in a pool. Flat out I was soaked, especially if the class entailed a lot of bag conditioning and or circuit training. This was great for everything except Jiu-Jitsu, it got to the point where I honestly felt bad for how much I was sweating on my training partners, it did however help me slide myself out a few submissions here and there. Overall it worked great in this role, allowing me to really get the most out of my workouts.

Pre Cardio:
I started adding in some cardio during the weekends just to really try and lean myself down, I would usually run or go to the gym and ride the Assault Bike for some tabata style training. During the runs the sweating effect was not as prominent and was much more mild, perhaps because I was outdoors in the cooler air? The bike workouts on the other hand had me having to wipe the floor post session, just pouring off the end of my nose and onto the floor.

Overall this product did play a role in helping me lose a few pounds, along with my keto diet this allowed me to get down from around 211 pounds at the start of my run to a comfortable but strong 202. Personally I am not super concerned with the actual scale number, more about how I feel and I do feel leaner, but also very strong (thanks to Creature and Super Test)

This runs for about $25 for a 30 serving tub, which places it well under $1 per serving and is a price point I don't mind paying at all. there are cheaper options out there (Sweat Compound by MAN for example), but this does give you the added L=Carnitine.

Side Effects

Now here lies one of my only issues with the Super Sauna. A few of the times I took this I found myself getting uncontrollably itchy for about 10-15 minutes. I have zero explanation for why and I didn't consume any other supplements around the time of ingestion. It would start slow like a beta alanine tingle but then out of nowhere I would feel super itchy on my arms and legs. Super uncomfortable feeling that would fade relatively quickly. Just something to note.

Conclusion

In conclusion Beast's Super Sauna Black did exactly what it said it would, basically making you feel like you are constantly sitting inside a sauna while you are training. If you can avoid the weird itch I got and pick this up it makes a great addition to any fat loss stack, especially for people who don't like stims. Amazing job Beast.

Overall
Overall
5.2
5.5
  March 23, 2018

• Prop Blend
  • Underdosed

Big thanks to Beast Sports Nutrition for letting me try Super Sauna Black. As an athlete who is looking to drop some weight and get "lean" while not losing strength, a product that is supposed to make you sweat more is ideal to what I want to do. The more you sweat, potentially the more water you can expel from your body which can equate to weight loss on the scale. Super Sauna black is supposed to make you start sweating in approximately 20 minutes post consumption, and have a long healthy lasting effect on the body so that you keep shedding water through sweat. Let's see what happened.

So for ingredients, you have a "compound" based ingredients section, so you are not going to know exactly how much you are getting.

the ingredients are :

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (5g)

Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 30mg
Sodium (as Sodium Chloride) 40mg
Potassium (as Potassium Phosphate) 40mg
High-Potency Thermogenic Sweat Compound 60mg
Grains of Paradise (Afromomum melegueta) Extract (Seed), Gamma-butyrobetaine ethyl ester HCl, Bioperine Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) Extract (Fruit)

Fat-Burning Metabolism Compound 1.0g
L-Carnitine Tartrate

the ingredients to pay attention to are the ones listed in the thermogenic sweat compound and the fat burning metabolism compound

first up you have grains of paradise. This is a spice that is very similar to ginger, that is used as a fat burning ingredient. It works by promoting the transformation of white adipose tissue into brown adipose tissue. Activation of this "brown fat" yields the greater energy expenditure. Human studies have shown a dose of anywhere from 20-120mg to be effective.

Second is Gamma-butyrobetaine ethyl ester HCl of GBB. Gamma-butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester Chloride may potentially boost weight loss effects in many different patterns. One of the most effective mechanisms is that it helps increase energy levels, thereby preventing exhaustion during a performance of workout exercises. It may also enhance fat breakdown process.

The final ingredient for this compound is Bioperine which acts as an absorption agent.

The next compound you have is the Fat-Burning Metabolism compound which consists of 1g of L-Carnitine tartrate. L-carnitine helps to transport fat, particularly long-chain fatty acids, into the mitochondria of cells. Once there, they can be oxidized-used as fuel-to generate adenosine triphosphate or ATP. L-carnitine does this cellular work both when you exercise and rest. Research has shown that in order to maximize the effects of this ingredient, you need to consume 2-3g in conjunction with 30-40g of simple carbs like dextrose.

So based on initial findings, some of the key ingredients could be underdosed and lacking.

So I made the mistake of not picking the flavors between Sweet Heat and Lemon dropkick and was sent the Sweet Heat. This honestly tastes like you are drinking a liquid version of the hot tamales candy that is made by the company that makes Mike and Ikes. I will honestly say that I have never liked hot tamales or red hots, and drinking that flavor did not change my mind. On top of that, you have grains of paradise in there which is spicy on its own, and you have created a brutal flavor. I am not going to base a negative review on flavor because I know some folks out there will enjoy that however, it just wasn't for me.

Mixability was fine, I would do 1 scoop (5g) to 12oz of water sometimes more to mellow out the spice, and it would mix just fine. No clumps, or lumps.
Again the dosing was 1 scoop once a day.

So this product claims that you will start sweating in approximately 20 minutes post consumption. I really hate when companies do this. Because now I have an easy metric to base my effectiveness rating off of, and I can say this product falls short. I normally do half of my workout with a hoody on, and when I reach a certain point of feeling hot and sweaty I will ditch it an finish my workout. With this, I would keep my hoody on the entire time, and my level of sweat was no greater than if I didn't take the product. Keep in mind, I am doing barbell complexes that consisted of heavy squats, deadlifts, bench and standing shoulder press, and followed it up with 500m rows, and sprints. My level of sweat was the same with and without this. Now in regards to how quickly I would sweat, that did not change either. I would drink this first thing in the morning as it burned my throat, and then it takes a solid 30 minutes to get to the gym. The entire time I did not feel any different core temperature wise or sweat wise. I would even do some cardio warmup to see if I could jump start this reaction and to no prevail I failed. One thing that did happen, was when I was done working out, I would continue to sweat in my armpits despite any amount of deodorant I used, but that was about it. I have gotten a better thermogenic effect from your standard pre-workout compared to this. I honestly think that this is due to the grains of paradise and the Carnitine being underdosed.

You can pick this up for $25 at 30 servings which is $.83 a serving making this a fair deal if you find that this product will work for you.

Side Effects

None, but then again the prescribed effects were not there either.

Conclusion

Potential. This product has it however, it is underdosed. If I am going to buy something that says I am going to sweat my ass off right on the label then it better deliver. Unfortunately, this did not. It was a fun experiment, but it is underdosed, and the flavors are not friendly enough to where I want to repeatedly drink this or for that matter go out and buy it. I think Beast needs to take a look at the ingredients and see what effective clinical doses are needed to really get the sweat going on someone. There is no reason why I should not be drenched in sweat if I am doing an entire workout in a fleece lined hoody. Until something is changed I would recommend folks turn away from this and stick to using good old-fashioned liquid Carnitine as a sweat/fat burning booster.
  • Sweet heat: 5/10