Beast Mode Black Reviews

By: Beast Sports Nutrition

Beast Mode Black is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Beast Sports Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
6.9

Overall
Overall
5.8
5.5
  July 3, 2018

• Minimal Focus
  • Too Many Stims
  • No Energy

Overall I found Beast Mode Black to be pretty disappointing compared to my expectations from reading the label. I was excited to give it a try, though Ill admit 400mg of caffeine per scoop seemed like a little much. I'm very stim tolerant so I figured I'd give it a go. The packaging and flavor were pretty impressive, but that was about it.

I claimed a couple different products from Beast when I saw them all pop up. They had a nice looking lineup of products that I thought would all complement each other very well for a month or so. I was doing a mix of cardio and lifting while using Beast Mode Black. Thanks to Beast Sports Nutrition for sending it out and waiting patiently for me to get the review out. I always wait till the last minute for some reason which is my bad. Summer came on strong.

Fully transparent label on Beast Mode Black which I always appreciate. For the most part I was pretty familiar with all the ingredients. The first major one is Carnosyn Beta-Alanine at 1600mg. That is kind of on the lower side of the spectrum. I would have liked to see this dosed a bit higher. Agmatine Sulfate is dosed at 600mg. This also seems a little underdosed. Taurine comes in at 500mg which is middle of the road. The big 2 ingredients that stood out to me were the 400mg of caffeine and DMAE at 300mg. You would think these two ingredients together would pack a pretty good punch, but for some reason it didn't really happen. FruiteX-B is some sort of joint support that I had never heard of. It seems like an odd addition to a pre workout like this one. Overall some things are underdosed except for caffeine which definitely is not.

I received the Blue Raspberry flavor and it was pretty much what you would expect. A little bit too sweet but overall the flavor was pretty good. Right in line with the majority of other blue raspberry flavors. Mixability was average with quite a bit of sediment left at the bottom of the cup. I dosed this at one scoop before my workouts. I never dared to try more. Occasionally I would do a half or three quarters of a scoop but didn't notice much of a difference.

The effectiveness really lacked in Beast Mode Black for me. At the very least I expected a good jolt of energy for my workouts with all that caffeine and DMAE. It just never happened. My workouts felt lethargic and kind of boring. That is something I do not enjoy one bit. I didn't even get into them enough to really get a good pump going. It was very odd. I did try another PWO during the course of this one just to make sure something wasn't wrong with me, and sure enough I had a good workout. With Beast Mode Black, I could tell it was too stim heavy and I generally just didn't feel good. I did finish the container though and get through it. The best way to describe it, "Blah."

I will say that the price is decent on this one. $29.99 for 30 true servings. Can't go wrong with that.

Side Effects

Not really any major side effects other than the stimmy feeling that was almost lethargic. No major crash.

Conclusion

Well I think I got my point across on this one. Pretty disappointing results. This one definitely wasn't for me. I thought I was going to be going crazy in the gym with all the stims, but I think in the end, it's a little too much. I like to see caffeine in the 300mg range. These companies keep going up and up with the caffeine levels. I think at some point they need to just stop with that nonsense. It's getting into the unhealthy range in my opinion. I can't give the recommendation on this one unfortunately. Thanks for reading. I will have a few more reviews up from this product line soon.
  • Blue Raspberry: 7/10

Overall
Overall
5.5
4.5
  May 7, 2018

• Increased Focus
  • Long Lasting Energy
  • Substance Settling
  • Heavy In Stomach

This pre-workout left my a heavy feeling in my stomach making my lift feel more difficult than it probably should've.

First off a big thanks to Beast Sports for sending pre-workout. I am a collegiate triathlete. We just finished our regular spring season and I am moving into the summer workouts with a heavier focus on lifting while maintaining high cardio workouts.

Before we get into the ingredients I like to say that I'm not an expert, scientist, or nutritionist so everything said here is based off experience and research. Beast Nutrition gives a full rundown of its ingredients which is always nice.

Caffeine Anhydrous - 400mg (close to 4 cups of coffee)
Beta Alanine - 1600
Taurine - 500mg
Agmatine Sulfate - 600mg
DMAE Bitartrate 30% - 300mg
FruiteX-B - 216mg
Yohimbe - 75mg
Theacrine - 25mg

There's a heavy focus on stimulant with this pre-workout. The amount of caffeine here is on the higher side compared to other pre-workouts I take. There's also a lack of beta alanine which gives you the tingly feeling and helps with muscle fatigue. I actually added my own after awhile to help add more of a pump. Taurine, found in most energy drinks, is an amino acid that helps metabolize fats. Some ingredient here I had never heard of like FruiteX-B. What I found online says its found in fruits and helps with joint flexibility and bone health.

I tried the Beast Punch flavor. Not much stood out here. Just another fruit punch flavor. Went down easy enough.

If you're looking for a pre-workout with a heavy focus on stims then you may enjoy this one. My problems with it come from the way it settled in my stomach. While I take pre-workout to lift most of my workouts require some form of cardio and having an upset stomach while running is never fun. That being said the stims are there and left me with plenty of energy and focus even after the workout.

The price on Amazon is listed at $28.53. This seems reasonable for the amount given. There are 30 servings of one scoop per container so you're getting about a $1 per drink.

Side Effects

The worst thing here is the heavy feeling my stomach. I got this feeling more times than not while taking it. There is also a large amount of caffeine so be aware of that before taking at night.

Conclusion

While this product wasn't my favorite it wasn't the worst either. I finished the container which is good considering there are products out there that aren't even worth finishing. Just know it's not the best pre-workout if you're incorporating heavy cardio. I also really enjoyed the BCAA offered by the same company so they do offer other products that I would highly recommend.

Overall
Overall
6.8
  April 19, 2018

• Minimal Focus

Overall Beast Mode is a heavy stim pre workout that hits hard and fast, but did suffer from some inconsistencies in my books.

Whats up SR, I wanted to review Beast Mode Black because I remember taking the original Beast Mode when I was just a young pup and having some decent results with it. I train early morning hypertrophy style workouts before I go to work, so I need all the help I can get stimulant wise to get me up and in the gym. Thank you to Beast Sports Nutrition and the Troopers program for always looking out for me and sending me the best stuff.

So here we have a fully disclosed nutritional panel, something I will always be a fan on. There are quite a few ingredients here so in order to keep both myself and the reader sane, I will only touch on the key pieces:

CarnoSyn Beta Alanine - 1.6g (exactly half of clinical/ standard dosing)
Agmatine Sulfate - 600mg
Caffeine Anhydrous - 400mg (high dose of caffeine)
DMAE Bitartrate 30% - 300mg
FruiteX-B - 216mg
Yohimbe - 75mg
Theacrine - 25mg

Okay so as we can see based upon the heavy dose of caffeine in conjunction with the yohimbe this pre workout does not go lightly on the stimulants. I had to look up the FruiteX-B as I wasn't sure what that was exactly it was, all of my research came back with it being a joint supplement... Not exactly sure why this was included. I was disappointed in the under dosing of the Beta Alanine as well as the minimal dose of Agmatine, being that it is the only pump ingredient I would have liked to see much more of it.

I was given the Beast Punch flavor, as you can imagine this is a fruit punch and it is a very standard fruit punch. Nothing wrong with that, its usually not my favorite flavor, but easily drinkable and not overly sweet. Mixability was great as well, no issues with floaters or sinkers. Dosing for me was one scoop while on my way to the gym in the mornings.

I will break these down into the key pre workout categories.

Energy and Focus: Clearly we have a high level of stims in the product, which means one pretty obvious thing: This thing packs a punch right out of the gate. About 10 minutes after downing it I could feel the caffeine start to wind up before it smashed me in the head. 20 minutes later I was flying, felt like I had gotten splashed with cold water. The yohimbe provides a nice body stimulant too, increasing the heart rate and making you feel like you are in the gym and are ready to go. Very hard hitting energy, I didn't have any signs of a crash either which was nice. Focus wise this was lacking, I just felt like it was almost too many stimulants not counter balanced with some focus agents to really lock me in. I could get distracted by my energy and forget to really focus on the muscle being trained.

Pumps: Obviously with the low dosing of Agmatine and the lack of other pump staples, this product did lack pumps. No real difference in pump versus not taking any pre workout. I wish they had included at least some Citrulline or Glycerol.

Strength & Endurance: Although the Beta Alanine was under dosed I didn't suffer from any endurance issues, I had no problems hammering out high volume sets with ease. Strength wise I was stronger, but mainly just from the energy provided by the stims, no ATP boosters means it was an energy based strength mostly, not an issue though.

This can be found as low as $28 but it averages at $30, which for a 30 serving tub gives it a dollar value of $1 per serving. A totally fair price for a pre workout in my mind.

Side Effects

None, obviously with this many stimulants do not consume close to bed time.

Conclusion

In conclusion Beast Mode does pack on hell of a stimulant punch and can help get you amped up to go smash the gym, but the lack of pumps and mental focus may not necessarily make you want to stay in the gym forever. I do wish there had been some other pieces added or increased to help boost those areas. Overall if you are looking for stimulants to help get you ready to rage and love the feeling of your heart rate ramping up then at this price point Beast Mode Black is a great option for you, it just lacks in a few areas that could have made it a complete pre workout.

April 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Long Lasting Energy
  • Substance Settling

What's up guys another review here this time for Beast Mode Black by Beast Sports Nutrition. This PWO is based primarily on caffeine which I normally prefer not to take. I like beta alanine based products because they give me more focus and energy, but this PWO exceeded my expectations and I recommend those serious about taking their workouts to the next level to try it.

CaroSyn Beta-Alanine (1.6g) - This is one of my favorite ingredients in PWO. It is responsible for the tingling feeling that some of you may experience. Physiologically it is made to decrease fatigue and improve endurance allowing you to push toward those last few reps with a good amount of power.

Agmatine Sulfate (600mg) - This ingredient is responsible for a variety of factors that are irrelevant in this context. In regards to your workouts this can inhibit certain enzymes which allows your body to regulate elevated levels of nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is responsible for relaxing blood vessels and allowing a greater amount of blood into your working muscles.

N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (500mg) - For certain people, tyrosine taken both before and after exercise can improve both workout intensity and recovery. Since tyrosine can increase catecholamine synthesis and caffeine and green tea can increase catecholamine release to increase arousal and performance.

Taurine (500mg) - An amino acid that is in very high concentration in certain muscle fibers in the body. In a nutshell taurine can increase cell hydration which allows a greater amount of protein synthesis and may result in a feeling of muscle "fullness".

Caffiene Anhydrous (400mg) - ENERGY!!!!!

DMAE Bitartrate 30% (300mg) - This is an ingredient that is thought to increase acetylcholine in the body. ATCH is responsible for acting at the neuromuscular junction and responsible for the contraction of the muscle. By having more ATCH in your body the greater the muscle contraction (in theory)

Fruite-B Calcium Fructoborate (216mg) - A study done on males taking 10mg for one week showed an increase in testosterone levels and a decrease in estrogen levels. In this same study is was seen that the testosterone levels may increase up to 30%.

Yohimbe Extract (75mg) - This ingredient has shown positive results in improving fat loss and lean muscle gain, but has not been shown to have any effect on pure muscle building or enhancing performance.

Theacrine (25mg) - Theacrine acts pretty good on its own, but when combined with caffeine, the combo can provide all the benefits of caffeine without unwanted side effects which works wonderfully in this supplement.
"Data published at the 2017 International Society of Sports Nutrition conference demonstrated a large improvement in reaction time among soccer players after they took a combination of TeaCrine, a pure form of theacrine, and caffeine. Researchers suggested that the athletes were able to sustain greater focus under fatigue for a longer period when combining the two ingredients" (this is an exerpt taken from Dalinghaus, 2017: Society of Sports Nutrition Conference). Making this even better in this PWO when combined with caffeine, theacrine can help reduce mental fatigue and improve attentiveness, alertness, and focus.

In section I give the product a B+. The flavor that I received was Beast Punch, I am assuming this was fruit punch flavoring. I would mark this product down a little because I needed to stir it constantly to make sure there was not settling at the bottom. The overall taste was good with no medicine taste and not too sweet/sour. I only needed one scoop of this product because of the high concentration of caffeine. One scoop was 8 grams and there are 30 servings.

A+ in this section. When I take PWO I look for a variety of things including focus, energy, and long lasting effect throughout my entire workout. While taking this product I was on a hypertrophy program that included benching, standing military press, and squat every workout day. For the first section of the workout I consistently felt this product work at full force. After these main sets I would jump into the accessory sets which include one main lift then your accessory muscles. During this second section the focus and energy did not deplete and I loved every moment of it. I was able to lift the same weights and even more consistently with power and strength. I felt this PWO surge through my body non-stop for hours. Normally I hate PWO that include a lot of caffeine, but I didn't feel the same effects with this product as I have with others. I normally get the normal head rush with a mild increase in energy allowing me to just get through the workout, but based on my descriptions above I may contribute this to the addition of thecacrine. I wanted to be bigger and better every set and this definitely exceeded my every wish. I did feel that some days when I did not eat a larger breakfast there was a massive head rush about 30 mins into the workout. For the most past this subsided and translated the energy and focus I desired. Many people don't like a really long lasting effect of a PWO, but for me I thrive on this providing me energy going into work. SO not only did this help during my lifting sessions, but also gave me energy after.

Most of the sites I found this on were similarly priced. On bodybuilding.com they have the 30 serving container for $29.99 at $1.00 per serving. This was the same price I found on the beast website. On amazon.com the 30 serving container is $28.53 which is slightly better, but if you don't have amazon prime then your paying for shipping so make sure to take that into account.

Side Effects

If taking this on an empty stomach there may be some digestive issues. I only experienced this 2 or 3 times, only lasted for the morning and subsided by the afternoon.

Conclusion

Overall this is a solid product made by beast. I have taken their other PWO before and it did not give me the same results. I think the ingredients in this product work well together nicely to provide a great surge of energy. Focus was great and it allowed me to concentrate without any distractions at the gym. Give this product a try it won't disappoint.