MEAT-SNX: Crispy Protein Bites Reviews

(8 ct) - [$2.99/ct]

Barndad Nutrition

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Barndad Nutrition for sending it out!
  January 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient
  • Chicken Protein
  • Feels Like A Snack
  • Flavor Can Get Old Fast
  • Taste Good At First But Eventually Bad Taste

Thank you to Barndad nutrition for a different kind of protein. When you do construction you never know where you're going so you need a quick easy snack. This is why I decided to try.

Chicken protein isolate
20g protein
6g fiber
6g fat
15g carbs
1g sugar
190 calories

ChickPro Meat Crisp (is what Barndad calls it) is Chicken Protein Isolate, Pea Protein Isolate, Rice Flour, Litesse Fiber, Canola Oil, Seasoning (Fructose, Maltodextrin, Salt, Brown Sugar, Onion Powder, Honey, Spices, Sugar, Torula Yeast, Garlic Powder, Yeast Extract, Natural Smoke Flavor, extractive of Paprika, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, sucrose). The core ingredients are chicken protein isolate and pea protein isolate so I will not cover the other ingredients. The other ones are for taste and to preserve it. A protein isolate is from milk used as a by-product of the cheese-making process. Protein isolates contain more pure protein. Chicken protein isolate powder provides the pure protein in a small chip/snack like form that is allergen free. Chicken is used in diet plans due to the protein amount and flavor, so a great idea to try chicken in an easier way than just cooking chicken. Pea protein is another form of protein, but not a complete form of protein since it comes from peas. Pea protein isolate is a protein sold in powder form and found in vegan supplements.

The mixability and dosing were already done as packaged together. The big question here is the taste. It is kind of hard to explain so I am going to do the best that I can. The flavor I got was the sweet barbecue. The taste is similar to what you get from a barbecue flavored chip. The weird taste was the real flavor outside the barbecue sweet taste. Crunchy and seemed to stick to my teeth a lot. The easiest way I can explain the crunch is like a thick corn chip. When having this for the 1st time, the 1st few bites I enjoyed but by the end of a package, I had about all I could take as far as it goes with taste. This is definitely a unique taste for me but the only thing I can compare to is a thick, crunchy, barbeque flavored corn chip.

The effectiveness part of this is pretty easy for me to explain. High in protein so something that fit in with my diet plan. It left me feeling full but not for an extended amount of time. I would usually get about an hour or two before I was ready for something else to eat. They say a meal replacement. but I would not consider it a meal replacement so that part not effective. I would put it into a class of a snack. As far as it goes with a protein source, I would put it in a class like a protein shake so an effective source of protein. I give the protein part as effective.

I was able to find online for around $24-26, but I did find it on luckyvitamin.com for $22 for the 8 containers per box. This works out to $2.75 per container. I am giving this a low ranking as a snack but a decent rating if used as a meal replacement.

Side Effects

No side effects noticed

Conclusion

So, in conclusion, not something that I would recommend for a meal replacement, which is what it claims. This is a pretty expensive snack. The cost is too high for me if being used as a snack. If a meal replacement, the price is ok. It does have a high amount of protein in it without having to have a protein shake or cooking chicken to eat later. A quick 20 gram of protein is definitely something that is a high value. But in the end, I give it a low ranking because of cost and the taste is off.
  • Sweet BBQ : 6/10