(Better than 77% in Digestive Health)

FiberDX is a Digestive Health Product manufactured by Barndad Nutrition. It helps the body to regulate and maintain a healthy digestive function state.

April 2, 2018

• More Frequent Bowel Movements
  • Improved Digestive Health
  • Soy Based

First and foremost I would like to thank Barndad Nutrition for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

We all need fiber ... so do I ... that is why when I looked at the offering of this product and that the previous reviewers enjoyed the taste I had to try it for myself. I don't eat enough veggies so I definitely need to supplement in fiber. Great tasting, good amount of fiber, and it has protein too? Claimed it. Lastly I would like to apologies for the long wait on this review but my life has been hectic with the newborn ... I can't seem to catch up. So, my apologies Barndad Nutrition and thank you for being patient.

This has a nice macro profile that everyone will enjoy ...

90 Calories
1.5 grams of Fat
5mg of Cholesterol
15 grams of Carbs
14 coming from Fiber
Protein 13g

The only drawback is that the protein and fiber comes from soy ... which is the worse source of protein there can be ... but on the good note fiber is also coming off from other sources like flax seeds, beet fiber and Oat Bran Fiber

This is actually a pretty tasting shake ... reading prior reviews I asked for German Chocolate flavor and was not disappointed. I mixed this with water and milk and came to a conclusion that with milk it tasted better. I also noticed that this shake tastes better the more liquid you give. So I usually went with 12 oz of milk with one spoon. When you go lower the shake is almost jelly like ... I prefer it being a little bit smoother, there is more to drink but it tastes good enough that you will not mind. There is also this grittiness about this powder when mixed but again if you add more liquid it's not as intense.

How to explain the effectiveness of fiber. You poop better and more often. You feel better and "lighter". I especially noticed this when I ate something the day before that didn't go well with me and it was difficult in the bathroom. I went straight for the shake and in few hours I went back to normal and the blockage was gone. Fiber is also your natural supplement if you want to loose weight and I felt like it definitely helped me in that area. It just makes sense to supplement fiber. While on this I personally did not experience any bloating ... I actually felt "lighter". I think this was one of my top claims I have done so far. Usually with supplements other than the standard they offer a lot of promise and not much in delivery. This regulated my gut and I felt like it made a big improvement in my health overall. I can tell you this with proof ... when I drink the shake and since it's a lot of liquid I tend to sip, by the time I'm done it's usually the time for me to go and catch up on my reading. So, again this is a very effective product.

Currently at Amazon this product will run you for 28 dollars. That makes it $1.40 per serving. I haven't been looking to buying any fiber supplements so I went ahead and did some research. So, I noticed BeneFiber and it popped at me with 125 servings for just 20$ but, when you look into it you will notice you need 5 servings to match what is in FiberDx .. so to give you the same amount it comes down to 25 servings. You also probably do not get the same taste and forget the extra protein you getting. So I feel like this product is above par with the competitors.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Highly recommended ... For the taste and all the benefits that come with it. I think this is an excellent package for the gym rat who is looking for fiber and will get additional protein to help with the macros. Personally it helped me a lot to stay regular and just keep the digestive system healthy. With all the stuff we eat I think it's very important to make sure we help this very important system in our bodies. I want to thank you for reading this and wish you a good rest of your day.
  • German Chocolate: 8/10

Other Prices:
Vitamin Shoppe   $28.99
Barndad Nutrition   $29.95
Amazon   $33.65

March 23, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Bloating
  • Smooth
  • Very Effective
  • Improved Digestive Health
  • Expensive Per Serving Cost
  • May Cause Gas

Admittedly I'm a novice when it comes to fiber supplements. I've always figured I would benefit from one, especially considering my fiber intake is relatively low, but for whatever reason have never added one to my supplement stack. When I saw FiberDX (BFDX) available for the Troopers and read the strong reviews from two other respected reviewers, I knew I needed to snatch it up.

The FiberDX product I received contained 14g of fiber derived from both soluble and insoluble fiber sources, as well as 13g of protein, 1g carbohydrates, and 1.5g of fat. The national fiber recommendation for a man is 30-38 grams per day, thus BFDX met close to 50% of my daily fiber needs. On the whole, the profile of BFDX is far more complete and robust than your standard fiber supplement.

I pulled this content straight from the FDA website that summarizes the benefits of each type of fiber:

Soluble fiber can help lower low-density lipoprotein (LDL or "bad") cholesterol levels in the blood, while also slowing digestion and the rate at which carbohydrates and other nutrients are absorbed into the bloodstream. This can help control the level of blood glucose (often referred to as blood sugar) by preventing rapid rises in blood glucose following a meal.

Insoluble fiber provides "bulk" for stool formation and speeds up the movement of food and waste through the digestive system, which can help prevent constipation.

Both soluble and insoluble fiber make you feel full, which may help you eat less and stay satisfied longer.

I requested and received the German Chocolate Shake flavor. I wasn't sure what to expect here and I was surprised on all fronts. The shake mixes up relatively smoothly with only a slight grittiness, and that was just mixing by hand in a shaker cup with 24oz. ice water. Taste is fantastic. Really well done. A creamy chocolate cake flavor that is better than a lot of straight up protein supplements I've tried. Also, is delicious by itself but can be easily combined with other chocolate protein powders.

The instructions said to drink a shake 15 minutes prior to a meal. I did as directed which meant I was drinking this down right before dinner.

I experimented a bit with how frequently I took this product. I was hoping to stretch out the tub by taking a dose once every two or three days, but as I explain in the Effectiveness section below, that ultimately proved to not be the most efficient usage of this supplement.

Within three days of using BFDX I noticed a change in bowel movement regularity and consistency. I sometimes have issues with loose stools but had no such problems when I was consistently taking this product. Movements were fuller and more relieving. I did quickly learn that I needed to consistently dose one scoop of BFDX each day to maintain these effects though. I did not experience near the same level of smoothness and regularity when I tried taking one scoop every other or every third day.

Given that I practice an IF eating protocol, I don't generally have any issues with hunger or cravings. I did notice a small decrease in appetite at dinner time, which is obviously to be expected considering I was slamming a shake right before sitting down to eat. Could definitely be a plus for someone who struggles with portion control.

I've read in other reviews that some fiber supplements can have the opposite digestive effect and/or cause a lot of bloating or gas. I feel like I was spoiled with BFDX being my first true experience with a fiber supplement. This performed exactly as promised with nearly no negative side effects.

Fiber supplements have a wide price range. The simpler products, such as ON's Fitness Fiber, can be bought for as low as $6 for 30 scoops, however you're getting FAR few grams of fiber per serving as well as a much less diverse fiber profile and no protein.

FiberDX can be bought for around $25 for 20 scoops or $1.25 per serving. I wouldn't consider this "cheap", but you're basically paying for a high quality product that is more complete than competitor supplements. It does the job and it does it well. And let's also not discount the fact you're getting 13g of protein per scoop, which is about the amount of protein in half a scoop of true protein powder and thus could allow for some wiggle room with general protein supplementation.

Side Effects

Notice I said "nearly" no side effects above. There were a few days where I mistimed my shake and had it on an empty stomach closer to 30-45 minutes prior to eating. When that happened I did notice a big spike in gas production. Oh man. My wife was not happy. I will note I wasn't really uncomfortable or feeling bloated, it was just an aggressive farting session. My 3 year old found it hilarious.

Conclusion

I liked this product a lot. I believe it would be a beneficial addition to most individual's supplement stacks as it provides a host of general health benefits. While perhaps a bit expensive to take year round, I'm planning on grabbing a tub every now and then simply for digestive maintenance. Highly recommend.

Other Prices:
Vitamin Shoppe   $28.99
Barndad Nutrition   $29.95
Amazon   $33.65

February 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Bloating
  • Smooth
  • Very Effective
  • More Frequent Bowel Movements
  • Maintains Satiety
  • Reduces Sugar Cravings
  • Flavored Varieties More Expensive

A special thanks to Barndad Nutrition for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their fiber supplement FiberDX. Our digestive supplements are always busy processing the food we eat as well as other functions. Following healthy diets can ensure a happy and healthy digestive system, which in turn plays its own role in good general health. However, even when the healthiest of diets are followed, our digestive systems can use a little help. Fiber supplementation is a great way to help clean out the residual gunk that can be left behind overtime. Of course, the bulk of your fiber should always be obtained from food, but it never hurts to use a supplement from time to time.

I want to note that the profile and review I am about to discuss is based on the original, unflavored FiberDX. The profile varies slightly with the flavored varieties.

FberDX contains 11g of fiber derived from a blend of both soluble and insoluble fiber sources. The soluble fiber sources include oat fiber, oat bran fiber, and psyllium. The primary insoluble source includes cellulose. Lastly, FiberDX also contains beet fiber, soy fiber and flax seed. Both these sources have characteristics and benefits of both soluble and insoluble fibers.

Soluble fiber is best known for its role in helping to support healthy blood sugar levels and prevent insulin spikes by helping to maintain hunger satiety and help individuals who may be trying to lose weight to eat less. At the same time, soluble fiber intake can help induce healthier eating habits overall since it can help curb sugar cravings.

Insoluble fiber helps maintain direct intestinal health by acting as a broom to help slough off residual gunk from intensitant walls and regulate normal peristalsis of stool to help eliminate excess and unwanted digested matter from the cellular walls that line the intestine.

25-50g of fiber intake is recommended daily, so a serving of FiberDX provides about 44% of your daily intake.

Each serving also provides 11g of carbohydrate and 11g of protein. The carb I would presume is derived mainly from the maltodextrin while the protein is primarily from soy protein. I am not a fan of soy protein, but I figured in this small dosage, the digestive benefits of soy protein outweigh the supposed phytoestrogenic of soy protein in my opinion.

There is no sugar or artificial added ingredients.

I received the unflavored which was a mistake on my part because I had forgotten to give a flavor preference upon claim. In any case, the flavor added a pleasant full body texture to my shakes without any added unwanted foreign tastes.

Be advised that if your want the best mixability without excessive thickness or globs, you need to be sure to add extra liquid to whatever you combine the fiber to since it contains both soluble and insoluble fiber. I added one scoop to my morning protein shakes into a blender. I used both water and milk at times and it mixed well provided I used enough extra liquid. The shake was a little more thick, but that was expected.

As I just stated, I added one scoop to my morning shakes which were prepared either with water or milk. I consumed the shalke about 15 minutes before breakfast.

The one thing I noticed from FiberDX was the improvement in regularity it gave me. I was having more frequent, fuller, and relieving bowel movements during the day. By frequent I mean about 2-3 bowel movements a day. Each bowel movement was more relieving and I had less after bloat and residual gas.

I had more hunger satiety and I was able to stay full for longer without having any unexpected hunger pangs. This gave me more energy and reduced my cravings for sugar, allowing me to stick to my dietary regulations in order to keep my diet as clean as can be.

I was able to find the original, unflavored FiberDX on amazon for 24.02 with free shipping. The original unflavored variety comes with 30 servings. I think this is a very good value for a full month's supply considering both how effective and high quality FiberDX is. Furthermore, other generic bulk fiber supplements go for around the same price if not more. Therefore, this would only improve the value more. I should note the flavored varieties come with less servings and tend to be more expensive. Why this is, I don't know. Perhaps it's because of the slightly higher fiber and protein quantity pert serving, but I don't think that is worth an additional 8-10 dollars with less servings nonetheless.

Side Effects

Conclusion

FiberDX will help you stay full longer, maintain clean diet and eating habits, keep sugar cravings at bay, prevent hunger pangs, give you more energy, and keep your plumbing and digestive systems working at its highest. Be sure your drinking plenty of fluids and eating plenty clean for full benefits.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO BRUINS!!!

November 11, 2014

• Expensive Per Serving Cost
I was excited to try this since dietary fiber is something that most of us have a hard time getting enough of. And given the benefits of getting enough fiber – a supplement like this can offer real-world value for weight loss, muscle growth and overall health.

Profile: 8/10
90 calories, 1.5g fat, 15g carbs (14 fiber, 1 sugar)and 13g protein – so that’s a great macro profile but the ingredient panel is a bit baffling to me. Ok, really baffling. Here’s how it reads: BarnDads Fiber DX( soy protein isolate, oat fiber, soy fiber, psyllium, maltodextrin, flax seed, beet fiber, cellulose, oat bran fiber, lecithin), cocoa, natural & artificial flavors, whey protein concentrate, soy protein isolate, caseinate, salt, xanthan gum, acesulfame potassium, and sucralose. It’s really difficult to figure out the amounts from these using traditionally accepted manners – is there more cocoa and flavorings than whey concentrate? Why the second listing for soy isolate – since soy isolate is the largest ingredient in the blend, is it added here as well? Does that mean the whey and caseinate are pixie dusted?

I love the fiber blend – it’s a great mix of soluble and insoluble fiber. I can do without the soy protein. Granted, even if the majority of the protein content comes from the soy and not the whey, caseinate or oats, it’s still relatively little in the scope of a day, but still, it’s not something I ever choose and, for example, when a protein bar uses soy protein I tend to choose something else - just my personal preference.

Taste & Mixing: 10/10
I cannot, repeat cannot, begin to tell you how much better this mixes than any other fiber supplement I’ve ever had. I mean, it is really smooth and drinkable and that’s just using water and a shaker bottle. I had the German Chocolate Shake flavor and it has a really nice dark chocolate taste. Kudos in every aspect of drinkability – and that’s one of the largest weaknesses of most of the fiber supplements out there – you simply hate drinking them and as a result don’t use it.

Effectiveness: 9.5/10
I was tempted to give this a “10” but I’ll leave it at 9.5 so there’s room for improvement, lol. But seriously, I take a fiber supplement to do one thing and that’s increase my daily fiber. Obstacles to that are always bloating, gas, tastes like crud, feels like sandpaper, etc. FiberDx passed every one of these obstacles with flying colors and that rates it very high in effectiveness in my book. I try to get 45g of fiber daily and with this – I got 1/3 of that in one easy drink. It gave me a satisfying sense of fullness. I can’t comment on the muscle building or recovery aspects; let’s face it one shake is just a small portion of my overall daily plan, but it did fit in perfectly with my overall diet and training. Digestion remained very regular with no “surprises” like many fiber supplements, lol. It was also nice to get the added protein, no doubt gotta love all dem proteinz….

Ok, so you can buy this directly for $29.95 for 20 servings, so that’s about $1.50 per serving. If you look at pricing of other fiber supplements such as ON FitnessFiber– that’s about .50 per serving higher, but if you look at a comparable mixed- fiber product like Garden of Life RAW Fiber, it’s almost identically priced. So you really have to compare apples to apples and look at what you are getting. But also a valid comparison would be to compare it to what I typically use and that’s an organic hemp protein where you can get 14g of fiber and 11g of protein for about .60 cents. The bottom line is that it's not unreasonably priced when compared to it's competitors but compared to other alternatives, it's high and has the burden of balancing that with additional value.

Like I said, this is, without a doubt, the best tasting and smoothest mixing fiber supplement that I’ve ever used. I balance that against the higher price tag that accompany all these “health” supplements. I also balance that against the use of soy protein. I still give this high marks because I feel that you shouldn't disregard the true value and effectiveness of having a supplement that makes it so tasty that you actually look forward to taking it - and with fiber supplements, that's rarely the case - so this stands out. It tastes great, it mixes smooth. I wish it was cheaper. I wish it didn't have soy. But overall, it’s damn effective.