(Better than 50% in Digestive Health)

FiberDX is a Digestive Health Product manufactured by Barndad Nutrition. It helps the body to regulate and maintain a healthy digestive function state.

Overall
Thanks to Barndad Nutrition for sending it out!
  February 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Bloating
  • Smooth
  • Very Effective
  • More Frequent Bowel Movements
  • Maintains Satiety
  • Reduces Sugar Cravings
  • Soy Based
  • Flavored Varieties More Expensive

A special thanks to Barndad Nutrition for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their fiber supplement FiberDX. Our digestive supplements are always busy processing the food we eat as well as other functions. Following healthy diets can ensure a happy and healthy digestive system, which in turn plays its own role in good general health. However, even when the healthiest of diets are followed, our digestive systems can use a little help. Fiber supplementation is a great way to help clean out the residual gunk that can be left behind overtime. Of course, the bulk of your fiber should always be obtained from food, but it never hurts to use a supplement from time to time.

I want to note that the profile and review I am about to discuss is based on the original, unflavored FiberDX. The profile varies slightly with the flavored varieties.

FberDX contains 11g of fiber derived from a blend of both soluble and insoluble fiber sources. The soluble fiber sources include oat fiber, oat bran fiber, and psyllium. The primary insoluble source includes cellulose. Lastly, FiberDX also contains beet fiber, soy fiber and flax seed. Both these sources have characteristics and benefits of both soluble and insoluble fibers.

Soluble fiber is best known for its role in helping to support healthy blood sugar levels and prevent insulin spikes by helping to maintain hunger satiety and help individuals who may be trying to lose weight to eat less. At the same time, soluble fiber intake can help induce healthier eating habits overall since it can help curb sugar cravings.

Insoluble fiber helps maintain direct intestinal health by acting as a broom to help slough off residual gunk from intensitant walls and regulate normal peristalsis of stool to help eliminate excess and unwanted digested matter from the cellular walls that line the intestine.

25-50g of fiber intake is recommended daily, so a serving of FiberDX provides about 44% of your daily intake.

Each serving also provides 11g of carbohydrate and 11g of protein. The carb I would presume is derived mainly from the maltodextrin while the protein is primarily from soy protein. I am not a fan of soy protein, but I figured in this small dosage, the digestive benefits of soy protein outweigh the supposed phytoestrogenic of soy protein in my opinion.

There is no sugar or artificial added ingredients.

I received the unflavored which was a mistake on my part because I had forgotten to give a flavor preference upon claim. In any case, the flavor added a pleasant full body texture to my shakes without any added unwanted foreign tastes.

Be advised that if your want the best mixability without excessive thickness or globs, you need to be sure to add extra liquid to whatever you combine the fiber to since it contains both soluble and insoluble fiber. I added one scoop to my morning protein shakes into a blender. I used both water and milk at times and it mixed well provided I used enough extra liquid. The shake was a little more thick, but that was expected.

As I just stated, I added one scoop to my morning shakes which were prepared either with water or milk. I consumed the shalke about 15 minutes before breakfast.

The one thing I noticed from FiberDX was the improvement in regularity it gave me. I was having more frequent, fuller, and relieving bowel movements during the day. By frequent I mean about 2-3 bowel movements a day. Each bowel movement was more relieving and I had less after bloat and residual gas.

I had more hunger satiety and I was able to stay full for longer without having any unexpected hunger pangs. This gave me more energy and reduced my cravings for sugar, allowing me to stick to my dietary regulations in order to keep my diet as clean as can be.

I was able to find the original, unflavored FiberDX on amazon for 24.02 with free shipping. The original unflavored variety comes with 30 servings. I think this is a very good value for a full month's supply considering both how effective and high quality FiberDX is. Furthermore, other generic bulk fiber supplements go for around the same price if not more. Therefore, this would only improve the value more. I should note the flavored varieties come with less servings and tend to be more expensive. Why this is, I don't know. Perhaps it's because of the slightly higher fiber and protein quantity pert serving, but I don't think that is worth an additional 8-10 dollars with less servings nonetheless.

Side Effects

Conclusion

FiberDX will help you stay full longer, maintain clean diet and eating habits, keep sugar cravings at bay, prevent hunger pangs, give you more energy, and keep your plumbing and digestive systems working at its highest. Be sure your drinking plenty of fluids and eating plenty clean for full benefits.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

• Very Effective
  • No Bloating
  • Soy Based
  • Expensive Per Serving Cost
I was excited to try this since dietary fiber is something that most of us have a hard time getting enough of. And given the benefits of getting enough fiber – a supplement like this can offer real-world value for weight loss, muscle growth and overall health.

Profile: 8/10
90 calories, 1.5g fat, 15g carbs (14 fiber, 1 sugar)and 13g protein – so that’s a great macro profile but the ingredient panel is a bit baffling to me. Ok, really baffling. Here’s how it reads: BarnDads Fiber DX( soy protein isolate, oat fiber, soy fiber, psyllium, maltodextrin, flax seed, beet fiber, cellulose, oat bran fiber, lecithin), cocoa, natural & artificial flavors, whey protein concentrate, soy protein isolate, caseinate, salt, xanthan gum, acesulfame potassium, and sucralose. It’s really difficult to figure out the amounts from these using traditionally accepted manners – is there more cocoa and flavorings than whey concentrate? Why the second listing for soy isolate – since soy isolate is the largest ingredient in the blend, is it added here as well? Does that mean the whey and caseinate are pixie dusted?

I love the fiber blend – it’s a great mix of soluble and insoluble fiber. I can do without the soy protein. Granted, even if the majority of the protein content comes from the soy and not the whey, caseinate or oats, it’s still relatively little in the scope of a day, but still, it’s not something I ever choose and, for example, when a protein bar uses soy protein I tend to choose something else - just my personal preference.

Taste & Mixing: 10/10
I cannot, repeat cannot, begin to tell you how much better this mixes than any other fiber supplement I’ve ever had. I mean, it is really smooth and drinkable and that’s just using water and a shaker bottle. I had the German Chocolate Shake flavor and it has a really nice dark chocolate taste. Kudos in every aspect of drinkability – and that’s one of the largest weaknesses of most of the fiber supplements out there – you simply hate drinking them and as a result don’t use it.

Effectiveness: 9.5/10
I was tempted to give this a “10” but I’ll leave it at 9.5 so there’s room for improvement, lol. But seriously, I take a fiber supplement to do one thing and that’s increase my daily fiber. Obstacles to that are always bloating, gas, tastes like crud, feels like sandpaper, etc. FiberDx passed every one of these obstacles with flying colors and that rates it very high in effectiveness in my book. I try to get 45g of fiber daily and with this – I got 1/3 of that in one easy drink. It gave me a satisfying sense of fullness. I can’t comment on the muscle building or recovery aspects; let’s face it one shake is just a small portion of my overall daily plan, but it did fit in perfectly with my overall diet and training. Digestion remained very regular with no “surprises” like many fiber supplements, lol. It was also nice to get the added protein, no doubt gotta love all dem proteinz….

Ok, so you can buy this directly for $29.95 for 20 servings, so that’s about $1.50 per serving. If you look at pricing of other fiber supplements such as ON FitnessFiber– that’s about .50 per serving higher, but if you look at a comparable mixed- fiber product like Garden of Life RAW Fiber, it’s almost identically priced. So you really have to compare apples to apples and look at what you are getting. But also a valid comparison would be to compare it to what I typically use and that’s an organic hemp protein where you can get 14g of fiber and 11g of protein for about .60 cents. The bottom line is that it's not unreasonably priced when compared to it's competitors but compared to other alternatives, it's high and has the burden of balancing that with additional value.

Like I said, this is, without a doubt, the best tasting and smoothest mixing fiber supplement that I’ve ever used. I balance that against the higher price tag that accompany all these “health” supplements. I also balance that against the use of soy protein. I still give this high marks because I feel that you shouldn't disregard the true value and effectiveness of having a supplement that makes it so tasty that you actually look forward to taking it - and with fiber supplements, that's rarely the case - so this stands out. It tastes great, it mixes smooth. I wish it was cheaper. I wish it didn't have soy. But overall, it’s damn effective.

Other Prices: