Intra Flight Reviews

By: Bare Performance Nutrition

FORUM TOPICS

Pre-Workout > Pump
Intra Flight is a Pump Product manufactured by Bare Performance Nutrition. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

October 16, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Profile
  • Very Tasty
  • Natural Flavoring
  • No Artificial Dyes
  • Great Profile
  • Nice Amount Of Citrulline Malate
  • Performance
  • Need More Wesites To Buy This From.
This is my second product by Bare Performance that I decided to try. After reading the reviews on this and seeing how good they were I thought I needed to give this a try. Boy am I glad I found this new product. This did way more for me that I ever thought it would. Flashy product or not it will make you say wow after you try this.

Ingredients:

Natural Lemonade Flavor, Stevia, Citric Acid, Beta Carotene (For Color).

This is one of the most solid looking profile I have seen in a amino product. Everything is dosed very nicely and effective. I want to say just like I said with there pre-workout flight is that there is no prop blends in this. They don't hide anything and tell you how much of each ingredient you are getting. I give them big props for doing that. I really like the high amounts of Lecine they put in here to give you better recovery. I also like that they has stuff in here that will not only help give you good recovery but also some energy and pumps. Most everything in here seems to be dosed at high amounts which is really nice. I also like seeing that this is all natural. I would maybe like to see added are some electrolytes and hydration elements. I think that would be a bonus to have in here but don't feel it would be super important to have but would be nice.

Value:
You can find this on illpumpyouup.com for $24.95 for 30 servings. I think that is a really good deal for a amino product. What makes it even better is that you are getting high amounts of really good ingredients that work. It's hard to find a good amino products for this price and have this much for ingredients in them.

Taste/Mixing/Dosing:
Right now there is only one flavor this comes in and it is Lemonaid. I thought it was decent for taste and found it to be enjoyable to drink. It's maybe just a little to sweet but it was something I found to be very enjoyable to drink considering it is all natural. I would like to see them come out with another flavor. I know when I got towards the end of the container I was starting to get a little tired of this flavor and I think that might have been because it is all natural and I did notice just a little bit of an after taste which after awhile got tired of.

Mixing:
Had no major issues with it mixing. I did notice just a little bit of pieces on the sides of my shaker cup if I did not shake this up enough. There was some foam but very little. Overall it seems to mix well. When you open the container you will notice a yellowish color to the powder. I thought right away this must be heavy on the dyes and artificial coloring and that was not so and I am glad to see they don't use these.

Dosing:
This is pretty simple. There are 30 servings and all you need is 2 scoops.

I got some of the best recovery from this and with the high amounts of Leucine this really helped a lot on recovery. I love the increase endurance this gave me and helped me to go longer on some of my workouts thanks to the high amounts of Cit Mal they use. I did get some pumps from this and by adding their pre-workout Flight I think helped increase the pumps a little more. From the time I started this I felt this really help me keep my strength gains up and never really felt any loss in strength. For me this was almost like having three products in one. It has ingredients to help with recovery, energy and endurance and pumps. Those three areas I noticed worked really well for me. Overall I just felt so much better when I would drink this.

Side Effects:
Nothing that I noticed.

Side Note:
I know a few people were complaining that they did not like the older containers because it was to small of an opening to fit your hand through when you got to the bottom of the container. The container I got was one of their new containers with the wider mouth on it. I am really glad to see they changed this because it made it a lot easier now to get those last few scoops and you will have no problem at all fitting your hand through it.

Overall:
I was rather impressed on how well this worked for me. This by no means looks to be like anything you would think would be outstanding. Don't let the label fool you just because it's not overly flashy. The ingredients in here really speak for themselves on how good this really is. I highly recommend trying this if you want a product that is not only cheap but very effective and works. This I have to say will rank up there as one of my top new favorite amino products.

May 18, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Profile
  • Performance
  • Endurance
  • Can't Reach Your Hand In Very Easily
  • Label Claims Of Serving Weight Is Inaccurate
Thank you to Bare Performance Nutrition for sending this out to the ER team. I got a tub of this a few months ago and I gotta say, I was impressed. Let me first tell you about my beliefs in the Intra supplement category. I'm on the side of the research that shows it's only useful in hypocaloric dieting phases and/or fasted training sessions. That said, I used this product exclusively during the final weeks of my last contest prep. I would take 2-4 scoops before training sessions (some of them being fasted sessions).

Profile: 8/10
This is a pretty standard dosing of the actual BCAAs per 2 scoop serving. I typically use Modern BCAA from USP Labs and although nearly impossible to gauge, I feel like the 8-1-1 ratio of Leucine/IsoLeucine/Valine could possible trump this. However, Bare Performance threw a nice twist into the blend. You get a fairly clinical dose of the following: Vitamin B6, Citrulline Malate, L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, and the latest pump ingredient to hit the industry- Agmatine Sulfate. I like it!

I was using this during my "digging phase" near the end of my prep. Those of you who have competed know these times can be dark. You are simply hitting the gym with the purpose of stimulating the muscle enough to maintain what you have. The pre-gym excitement takes a significant blow during these times because your pumps aren't what they used to be, your joints ache from not having much cushion, and your energy levels are short-lived. Using this product absolutely helped fuel me a bit through these workouts. I noticed a slight increase in pumps, endurance, and a decrease in my lethargy. Having tried Modern BCAA during these times previously, I wanted to give another product the ultimate test. Intra Flight certainly seemed to pass.

Taste/Mixability: 9/10
Did I mention this product is flavored with Stevia? When I saw that on the label, I admit, I had low hopes for the taste. I'm a big fan of artificial sweeteners because well...They taste good and most research suggests they are safe for consumption (contrary to popular belief). So having a natural sweetener that I don't usually like raised an eyebrow or two. From the first scoop to the last, I thoroughly (And surprisingly) enjoyed the lemon-aid flavor. The flavor is incredibly smooth, mixes just as well as other BCAA products, and it's not overly sweet nor underly sweet. I feel like they just about knocked it out of the park.

This product isn't widely available yet. I've only seen it on Illpumpyouup.com and amazon and the best deal appears to be 30 or so bucks after shipping at the first site I mentioned. That means you pay about a dollar a serving; that is, unless you are taking more occasionally, like I did. The BCAA dose is fine, however you would have to take 1.5 - 2 servings to get the most benefits out of the pump ingredients and L-carnitine.

Overview: I like the product and I feel like I put it through ultimate test. Anyone can supplement BCAAs when they have a nice calorie surplus, hormones in balance, and sleep not being a constant battle. I'm giving it high ratings over-all.
My only actual gripe with the product is the container shape/size and the label claim of the serving weight. It's a long cylindrical shape, the scooper falls short of reaching the product when it's nearing it's end, and I couldn't fit my hand all the way in to get to the last week or so's worth. I use my food scale religiously. I weigh just about everything. When weighing this, I noticed that 2 level scoops actually takes you over what's stated on the label by about 4-5 grams. Keep this in mind. You may be using more than you want/need and find the container running out sooner than expected.

Would I recommend?
Depends. If you are on a restricted calorie diet for prolonged periods or doing fasted training sessions, Yes I will absolutely recommend this. It will help sustain some endurance in the gym, pumps, and delay fatigue. Otherwise, I say save your money unless you have the extra cash laying around. It certainly isn't going to hurt you to supplement BCAAs.

April 29, 2014

• Great Profile
  • No Artificial Dyes
  • Natural Flavoring
  • Very Tasty
  • Needs Longer Scooper
A company that has been generating quite a bit of buzz within the SR community lately is Bare Performance Nutrition, or BPN for short.

Based upon the stellar reviews from some of our Expert Reviewers, I decided to pick up some of their Intra Flight and see what it was all about for myself. Chalk me up as yet another fan of what they bring to the table.

Profile/Dosing: (10/10)

Wow. That is all I have to say. They packed a lot of goodies in here, and it's definitely the first thing that catches your eye.

Per 2 scoop serving:

Leucine 4g
Taurine 3g
Citrulline Malate 3g
Isoleucine 2g
Valine 2g
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 2g
Agmatine Sulfate 500mg

As well as the obvious BCAAs, the trend lately seems to be to add other aminos that help with the "pump" which BPN did as well with 3g of Citrulline Malate and 500mg of Agmatine Sulfate.

They also included 2g of LCLT, which I'm a fan of as well.

Another huge plus for this product: No artificial dyes and natural flavoring, as well as GMP Facility Certification.

Effectiveness: (9/10)

Intra Flight receives great marks here. My recovery was noticeably improved during my use of this product, and I found that my endurance and stamina were increased as well. I simply felt really good when I drank this.

I felt that it also added a decent pump as well, whether that be on top of whichever pre I was taking or if I hadn't taken one at all.

It performed just as well, if not better, than every amino product I've tried before, which includes some big hitters such as MBCAA+, Amino IV, and 360Sport.

Taste/Mixability: (9/10)

The container says Lemon-Aid flavor and that's what you get. They nailed this one in my opinion and while it is fairly sweet, I really enjoyed it. Very refreshing to drink during my workouts and the flavor stayed strong even after I had refilled my shaker at the water fountain once or twice.

As far as mixability goes, yes, there was a bit of foam initially but that is expected and it dissipates after a short while. Very bright neon yellow in color, but dyed naturally with Beta Carotene, so no complaints here.

Value: (9/10)

As far as I know, Illpumpyouup.com is the only retailer that carries Intra Flight and they have it for the price of $24.95. For 30 true servings, this represents outstanding value at just 83 cents every time you use it.

This makes Intra Flight extremely competitively priced in a market that becomes saturated with more and more amino products every day.

Overall: (9/10)

Looks like we have a score of 9 all across the board for Intra Flight and I would highly recommend you give this one a try.

Very effective, great taste, a profile that's well put together and cost effective and you have what it takes to make a standout product in a tough market to crack.

My only complaint, and I hate to even mention it, is one that has been brought up previously in that they need to either make the container smaller or the scooper handle longer. It was tough to reach the product towards the very end but I'm just splitting hairs at this point.

Go and grab some Intra Flight for yourself, you won't be disappointed.

March 24, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Profile
  • Performance
  • Endurance
  • Needs Longer Scooper
Bare Performance Nutrition has created an exceptional product with Intra Flight. In fact, I found it to be so good that it has taken the top spot in my list of intra/BCAA products. But, before I get too far ahead of myself, let's take a look at why this product made such a positive impact. There are certain qualities I look for in an intra-workout product and this one has it all...

Profile Overview

Other reviewers have posted the profile as well however, I feel it's worth posting again. Straight-forward and effective rules the day with this one:

Supplement Facts

Amount Per Serving

Calories - 5
Total fat - 0 Grams
Total Carbohydrates - <1 gram
Sugar - 0 grams

Natural Lemonade Flavor, Stevia, Citric Acid, Beta Carotene (For Color).

Take a good look at those doses – extremely solid and more importantly, effective. If I had to come up with a low point to this profile the only thing I would point out is the amount of Agmatine. I seem to need a lot (over a gram) to feel anything from it. Beyond that, you can't go wrong with this.

The label recommends taking two scoops with 20-25 ounces of water that you consume during training. This is right in line with how I like to take my intra-workout drinks as I will typically have 20+ ounces of water during a session. A concern I had before trying this, albeit a pretty lame one, was with the flavor as it was "˜Lemon-Aid'. I don't really like lemon anything so I was figuring I'd have to choke this down. To my surprise, this tasted awesome. That means something coming from a person who avoids just about everything lemon! It has a very strong taste that doesn't diminish in 25 ounces of water. While I didn't try it, I imagine this would still be drinkable in 40-50 ounces of water. For those of you who have read my other intra product reviews, you'll note that I prefer to have a drink with a strong taste. If something is too light it gives me the impression that it's not adequately dosed or doing much of anything for me. It's not just the strength of the flavor alone, however. If it was, a strong tasting Kool-Aid would do the trick. There's more to it with respect to the quantity and quality of ingredients and products like this very much reinforce that belief for me. Intra Flight does a great job quenching your thirst and giving the impression that you're actually using something beneficial intra-workout.

What a great product! Intra set recovery was noticeably improved for me. My sessions without Intra Flight have a tangible difference in that I become fatigued more quickly. When using this product I also get that peace of mind knowing there's an effective dose of BCAA's in there to (hopefully) insure they're being put to good use as I tear down muscle tissue.
As mentioned above, while the amount of Agmatine in here is lower than what I typically respond to, I did end up with some nice pumps during my use of Intra Flight. Interestingly, I would attribute that to the fact that I could go a little longer and little harder due to the improved recovery and enhanced endurance.
My old stand by has always been Scivation's Xtend. The flavor system they used worked for me and the performance was adequate. After using Intra Flight, I don't see myself going back to Xtend unless I can get some sort of crazy blow-out/clearance deal on it. If you're an Xtend user, you owe it to yourself to try Intra Flight and feel the difference.

Intra Flight is very reasonably priced. Currently it's priced at about $25 for 30 effectively dosed servings which I think is a very good deal. Sure you can use this product outside of just your lifting sessions (I sipped on some throughout the day on one occasion) but I personally feel a straight up BCAA product would better fit that need. This is truly a solid intra-workout product that is made exclusively for that purpose and absolutely worth the price.

To sum up, the highest praise I can give is to say that this is my new favorite intra/BCAA product. Hands down. If you're looking for something that tastes good, is effectively dose, reasonably priced and will make a positive impact on your training sessions, you should definitely give Intra Flight a try. You won't be disappointed.

Thank you to the folks at Bare Performance Nutrition for allowing the Expert Reviewer Team to trial and review this product for them. I hope this helps you gain a better perspective of this product and assists in your decision to purchase.

March 5, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Profile
  • Performance
  • Endurance
  • Best Tasting All Natural Bcaa Product
  • Nice Amount Of Citrulline Malate
  • Can't Reach Your Hand In Very Easily
  • Needs Longer Scooper
First of all, thank you to Bare Performance Nutrition for letting me try out their Intra Flight product. I am a big believer in BCAA products and have used more than I can count. I normally go out of my way to try out the all natural ones, and I have to confess that I didn't even realize this was one until after I received it.

Ingredient Profile: 10/10

Supplement Facts

Amount Per Serving

Calories - 5
Total fat - 0 Grams
Total Carbohydrates - <1 gram
Sugar - 0 grams

Natural Lemonade Flavor, Stevia, Citric Acid, Beta Carotene (For Color).

So the big win here comes from the fact that this is all natural: no artificial colors, preservatives, or sweeteners (thank the Good Lord!). This is so DRASTICALLY underserved in the BCAA market as they all seem to be flavored artificially and the ones that are natural taste terrible. This is the first and only one I've tried that was natural and tasted good, so for that alone this product gets HUGE bonus points.

The other thing I really liked about this product was the inclusion of Citrulline Malate. Not only the inclusion, but a nice dose at 3g! Cit Mal helps with not only endurance, but pumps as well. I feel it is very underused on the market, and I am impressed that they got this one right.

My other + came in the fact that there is no prop blend, it spells out each ingredient and how much of each.

Taste: 8/10

The fact that they were able to make a decent tasting product with all natural sweeteners and cit mal is downright impressive! Cit Mal has a naturally sour taste to it, which is why I'm guessing they made this as a Lemonade flavor. It wasn't so great that I salivated and craved it, but it was good, and is without a doubt the best tasting all natural BCAA product currently on the market today!

Not bad here considering the ingredient profile. It comes out to $25 for a 30 day supply. This comes out to .83/serving.

For comparison, Xtend comes out to .77/serving, Recoup is .67/serving, and Modern BCAA is $1/serving.

Like any BCAA product, this flat out works. It not only kept my strength up, but my strength noticeably grew over my run. In fairness, I did start a creatine cycle at the same time, so this could be a big part of the cause as well.

I can't say I saw a huge pump from it, other than on bicep curls, but I really don't get monstrous pumps from very many products.

On endurance, I did have some workouts where I felt like I could go on endlessly, which I am attributing in large part to the Cit Mal.

My one complaint:

This may seem like nitpicking, and this is definitely not the only product guilty of this, but as you hit the bottom of the tub, getting scoops out becomes a monumental task. The opening of the tub is far too narrow for my hands, and the scooper is extremely short. Because of this I had to perform a balancing act with the tips of my 2 longest fingers. This is more of an annoyance, than an actual reason not to buy the product...still it would be an easy fix (hint, hint).

I don't give out 9's easily, but this product earns it. If you believe as I do, that all natural is extremely important, than this product is a star player. It has a great profile, and the nice level of Citrulline Malate adds some really nice endurance to your workouts. Put this one on your list!

January 1, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Profile
  • Performance
  • Endurance
    Let's start off the new year with a product that I loved by a company you may not have heard from before – Bare Performance Nutrition. They are a small company from Pennsylvania and their motto is "Honesty Reliability Integrity. Military Born – Driven Results" I found nothing in this first product that would cause me to dispute any of that.

Profile: 9/10
    First off – no prop blend and efficacious doses. I love full disclosure of proven and effective ingredients– big props there. There's nothing ground breaking in the ingredient profile and nothing that caused me to have to go to dat dere Google. Like many other intras, it's built around BCAAs – in this case 4g of leucine and 2g of the others – that's a solid dose of leucine and results in a total of 8g of branched chain aminos. But, and this is what I really groove on, added into the mix is 3g of cit mal, 3g of taurine, 2g of LCLT and 500mg of agmatine. To put this in perspective, compare these added ingredients to one of my previous favorite amino based recovery products, Genomyx Advanced Protocol, that only had 3.25g leucine, 250mg agmatine and 1g LCLT . It's like getting a second product thrown in and then a hefty dose of cit mal on top of that.

I will also note that I added another 500mg of agmatine into the mix as experience has shown that I respond better to 1g, but that's a minor issue and given the costs, I personally have no problem adding agmatine into other products since it's far cheaper for me to buy it bulk.

Taste & Mixing: 8/10
    Ok, the flavor is a light lemonade – I found it to be tasty, a bit on the sweet side as opposed to the tart side but perfect for sipping during training. Mixing was adequate – nothing special with some foaming and initial grittiness but that was easily remedied by mixing before I head to the gym and 15 minutes later all the grit was dissolved. Foaming was what you would expect from an amino/leucine product.

A note on color: this has got to be the most thermonuclear, off the charts yellow powder that you will ever see – we're talking bright. I initially assumed that this had to be artificial but the label lists natural lemonade flavor, stevia, citric acid and beta carotene for color. So if this is what can be achieved without artificial flavorings and dyes, then by all means, I'm in favor.

I will admit that when I first took a look at this I didn't expect it to be off the charts – I thought it would be solid but I certainly didn't think that I would consider adding anything to my list of go-to intras such as Strive or Compete. But like Compete, this totally exceeded my expectations. I train at 0530 so that doesn't give me time to eat whole foods before I hit the gym – if anything, just a scoop of whey to get some aminos in me. A solid intra is probably of more value to me than to most people and as such I try to do more than just address endurance and hydration issues with what I take intra.

Now I will point out that one area that BPN chose (speculation on my part) to not include was electrolytes and hydration elements. Given that fact that I believe cardio leads to satanic practices and child sacrifice, I'm fine with that. I found this excelled in support of a 90 minute strength training protocol. I typically would try and consume this in the first half of my training and then finished up with just water but on days when I decided to spend longer in the gym I simply kept another scoop on hand and would add that into my shaker to finish up but even that may have been unnecessary.

Recovery was on par with other products.

Pump was what I would expect with the cit mal and agamtine, but not a high priority for me.

I was also trying Purus AminoD at the same time as this and by far preferred the IntraFlight to the AminoD. For whatever reason(s), AlphaFlight helped me maintain more consistent strength and resulted in less fatigue – two key areas.

This comes with 30, 2 scoop/16g servings. So that's 480g of quality aminos with no/minimal fillers, no carbs, just aminos. I found this on IllPumpYouUp.com for $24.95 which brings it at .83/serving which is a great value in my opinion. Like I said earlier – the value is even greater for me since it contains almost all the ingredients of another product that I use. As a result I added a couple of these to my last order.

I like products that exceed my expectations and IntraFlight did exactly that and provided excellent support for my training goals. Like I said earlier - consistent strength and less fatigue.

I also am a fan of companies that put the customer first and decide to put out a product that while may not be the flashiest or sexiest, does exactly what a product should do – and that's augment your work in the gym. IntraFlight did exactly that – nothing less, nothing more. BPN is a company that's now on my radar screen and I highly recommend that you give them a try. I get to test/review a good many products but the real stamp of approval for me are those that I purchase with my own money and use because I choose to use them – this is certainly a welcome addition to that list.