(Better than 67% in Pre-Workout > Stimulant)

Torque is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Barbender Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Barbender Nutrition for sending it out!
  August 28, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Recovery
  • Sustained Energy
  • Some Settling If Left Too Long

Whats up all, Dr. G here for another SR review. The product today is Torque a PWO that is based around the beta alanine ingredient (which I love) and is designed to give you those intense workouts your heart desires. Overall great product. It has all the ingredients I personally respond very well to without a crash that will leave you on your knees for the next few hours.

Vitamin C (250 mg)
Niacin (30mg)
Vitamin B6 (.035mg)

Folate (250mcg) - Folic acid is used to generate red blood cells, help wounds heal, build muscle, and produce brain and nervous-system NT. It should always be taken in combination with vitamin B12, because taking only one of these can mask a deficiency in the other. This can also help to break down, use, and create protein in the body. I posted a review a while ago about a BCAA for women with folic acid included in it. Believe it or not I think it is a top 10 unique supplement that bodybuilders (even though I am not) should be taking. Oh and it will make your sperm stronger so for those of you trying have a little one maybe you and your partner should take this together.

Beta Alanine (3g) - used in many PWOs made today and for me a must have supplement. Beta-alanine has been shown to enhance muscular endurance and give you that little extra to perform one or two additional reps in the gym when training with high rep sets. Beta-alanine can also improve moderate- to high-intensity cardiovascular exercise performance >>> I like it especially for a cardo based workout like the one I am doing!

L-arginine (3g) - an essential amino acid that is a building block of protein that performs a bunch of physiological functions. It is a known precursor of the gas nitric oxide. Arginine is able to increase blood flow to muscles by reducing the "water" (if that is what you want to call it) under the skin, and in turn increasing vascularity. If you are looking to diminish the recovery period and minimize fatigue this supplement can help.

L-citrulline malate (3g) - turned into L-arginine in the kidneys, this supplement is actually more effective in doing L-arginine's job better than L-arginine itself. It plays the largest role in reducing fatigue and increasing cardiovascular capabilities. Some research has stated that citrulline can help increase the power output of muscles during your workout, but there is not enough evidence to totally support this claim.

Caffeine (280mg) - I shouldn't need to explain this one

BioPerine (5mg) - Derived from black pepper extract this is mainly used to increase absorption of supplements into your body. I am guessing that this is the main reason of this being in this product.

I give taste a 7/10. I was given the watermelon flavor which fared pretty well. The best thing was that it actually tasted like watermelon which is always a plus. When taking this product I used the typical blender bottle with 12 oz of water and the regular 1 scoop recommended by the product. After giving the mixture a nice few shakes it mixed well, the only down side was that if you let it sit for a couple minutes there will be some settling at the bottom. Since everyone knows the stuff that settles at the bottom is that "good stuff" you may have to shake it once or twice in the process of drinking it. As far as dosing goes, it was good. One scoop of this product was dosed at 15 grams. The size of the scoop was just as big as most PWO and you get 30 servings out of it, typical stuff here.

Effectiveness 9/10. This was a great PWO. I have been working out consistently at 7am before work with drinking a shake in the morning with zero carbs. I only let you all know this is because I am pretty much letting the PWO do its thing without having much to absorb the mixture in my stomach. During my morning workouts I had energy, the will to lift more and more, and the will to finish the entire workout without hesitation. Sometimes these products can give you the energy boost you need, but then fade off as soon as you need that extra boost to finish the training session. This product not only lasted throughout the entire workout, but also throughout the day. This may not be something people enjoy, but for me it also gave me the energy and focus at work. Since my recent workouts require 30-40 minutes of cardio plus a pretty intense training session I needed something that was going to hit me as hard as I wanted to hit the gym. Extra reps, extra weight, and extra time on the treadmill. Those three things are what this PWO gave me. I would also like to add that on days where I sacrificed a little more sleep than usually this PWO woke me right up in the morning getting me off my lazy a** and into the gym. As far as recovery goes, I noticed a good amount. I usually attribute recovery so the other supplements I take such as BCAA and protein, but I am not going to take that away from some of the ingredients in this product.

Value 9/10. I found this product on ebay.com for $25.99. This product is also available on amazon.com for the same price. For how well this product works and getting a normal 30 servings out of it I would say that is a pretty damn good deal. The overall price per serving comes out to about $.9 per serving. That is a VERY good deal for a product that worked as well as this did. The product is also available on their website barbendernutrition.com for $29.99. There is a "sale" going on the website with the price tag of $59.99 crossed out. Now if it were that much money then the value of this product would be significantly reduced for me.

Side Effects

None for me.

Conclusion

Overall this is a top 5 PWO I have taken. Similar to the Total War PWO I reviewed a few months ago, Torque gives you the energy and endurance to complete the longest and hardest workouts. For people looking to up their cardiovascular game, I would definitely put this under your sink. For those looking to increase endurance and improve muscle performance, this is also for you. All around a good product that gives you what a real PWO is meant to, the energy you need to lift, the intensity to get bigger, and the ingredients to aid in the recovery process. If you are looking for a good product that is light on the wallet and works like a charm I would go ahead and order this bad boy. *** The only reason this product is not a perfect 10 is because of the possible settling if not drank right away.

As always Live Happy, Live Healthy
Dr. G
  • Watermelon: 7/10

• Rep for this Brand
    August 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review my product. Very glad to here all the positive feedback from your 30 days taking it.

• sergiosays
    August 29, 2017

I am very interested in trying this product out now..the profile looks solid, not the most extensive, but definitely looks effective.

what are your thoughts on the pump-department with this product?

• Rep for this Brand
    August 29, 2017

Thanks for your interest in Torque. Pump are excellent, based on feedback from customers and personal use. I do have to agree with Dr. G, the energy is great with this product. I also seem to have endless energy in the gym and have to make myself stop working out or doing. I look forward to your review if you decide to give it a try.