Torque Reviews

By: Barbender Nutrition

Torque is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Barbender Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

September 29, 2018

• Decent Pump
  • Decent Focus
  • Dosing On Some Ingredients Could Be A Bit Higher

Torque is an interesting and effective pre workout that packs a very good punch and gets the job done in the area of pre workout experience.

A special thanks to Barbender nutrition for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiene with their pre workout Torque. This was my first expweicnw with this brand. When it comes to the pre qworkout window of opportunity, we want to utilize what we can that will help us get the best out of our workouts. The best out of workouts relates to levels of energy, focus, endurance, and pump. Torque was a product that had been idiling on the TROOPs for a while and I decided to pull the trigger.

Most of today's popular pre workouts have overly extensive profiles full of a medley of ingredients, often put into blends. Torque keeps it simple with a more modest profile with a few select ingredients.

The ingredients include beta alanine at 3g, L-AAKG at 3g, L-citrulline malate at 3g, betaine anhydrous at 1.25g, N-acetyl-L-tyrosine at 500mg, caffeine anhydrous at 280g, and bioperine at 5mg.

As you can see, we have a more condensed, yet solid dosed profile of well known basic pre workout ingredients. We have AAKG and L-citrulline malate, which will aid in pump enhancements and have a benefit to endurance. Betaine anhydrous can also enhance pump and act as a support catalyst to anabolism. Beta alanine is added for extra endurance benefits. NAC is known for focus and cognitive enhancement, making it very useful since these are essential during our training sessions. Lastly, we have the anhydrous source of caffeine for optimal energy support. The bioperine, as we know, enhances the bioavailability of the ingredients.

Torque comes in two flavors including fruit punch and watermelon. I received watermelon and it actually tasted quite nice. It wasn't overly sweet and didn't have any unpleasant aftertastes.

It mixed thoroughly in water without any problems.

As you would expect, this is something you would take a short time before beginning your workout. I took one scoop mixed with about 8oz of water and downed it about 15-minutes pre workout.

Energy (7.5/10): While the energy surge was not incredibly strong, it was still strong overall as well as consistent, clean, and crash free. I was able to crank through my workouts, both long and short, without any problems with the engines still roaring once my post workout period began.

Focus (7/10): I was rather surprised, but also impressed by the amount of focus I got from Torque. The N-L-acetyl-L-tyrosine and subsequent caffeine had me more honed in more aggressively on all my workout objectives each session, while being less distracted. My mood also seemed somewhat improved outside the gym as well, while still maintaining increased aggression in the gym.

Endurance (5.5/10): I didn't see too much in terms of increased endurance, but a moderate benefit. I was noticeably less fatigued between sets and training intervals. On some movements I was able to bang out a few more reps on high volume sets, but the benefits here seemed to vary among training sessions. On some lifts like deads and bench press, I was able to perform with more reps and a slight bump in overall weight lifted. With most other lifts, I did not have a similar experience. Isolation and boxing sessions only got some minor assistance in this case, but I normally have good endurance as it is so no major point loss.

Pump (7/10): The pump I got was impressively well defined. My physique and trained muscles were more swole and I saw a significant increase in my pump and vascularity. The fullness from my training regimen came mostly during high rep heavy compound movements. With isolation workouts, the pump really helped bring the veins out more and helped keep the post workout gym pump still strong afterwards.

In closing, Torque hits in all areas, but could use a little improvement in endurance increase.

The cheapest price I found Torque is 25.64 with free shipping on Amazon. This is a great deal for a pre workout, particularly if one truly works for you as Torque did for me. This is also lower than other popular PWOs in terms of pricing and yet still provides a full 30-day supply. If you're interested, this is a worthy investment.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, if you want an effective pre workout that has only the bare essentials to help get you through your training sessions, I strongly recommend giving Torque a go. It is well priced and will get the job done, despite a more condensed looking profile. Just be sure to train hard and eat big, but clean.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO PATS!!! (C'MON GET YOUR S**T TOGETHER BOYZ)
  • Watermelon: 8/10

September 5, 2018

• Pump

A new brand for me, Barbender Nutrition's and their Torque pre-workout product. Nice simple, non-proprietary profile. In my opinion, this is your middle of the road pre-workout in terms of stimulant content and pump ingredients.

I would like to thank the folks at Barbender Nutrition and Sr.com, for the opportunity to the pre-workout Torque. Training around 5 am 4-5 days per week is a challenge as an aging male. Pre-workouts are a necessity for me for that extra push needed. Over the years I have tried dozens of pre-workout products and have my favorites. Not a stim heavy person, 250 to 275mg of caffeine does the job for me. I am not into any of the new DMAA knocks offs as they do not agree with me.

Why I chose this product:
It was a simple profile, within my caffeine tolerance and got some really good reviews on here.

A fully disclosed ingredient list. I will use products that have effectiveness via a proprietary blend, it's not something I am against in the industry.

I will comment on the stimulant, endurance and pump ingredients on the label. This is per scoop, each tub has 30 servings.

Beta Alanine 3 grams-A standard dose which can increase muscle endurance (ie. Extra reps). This ingredient gives you that tingly feeling, where you may want to scratch your face off.

L-Arginine 3 grams- A good dose here based on my experience. Ironically this ingredient fell out of favor since it first came out as a pump ingredient. I don't understand that, it worked well when it first came out and it still works well for me in terms of pump.

L-Citruline Malate 3 grams-A bit low here in terms of dosage, 6-8 grams is recommended for endurance. It also has pump aspects.

Betaine Anhydrous 1.25 grams-Typical dose, which can increase power productivity. This is found in beets.

N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine 500mg- This is a typical does that can provide enhanced cognitive function.

Caffeine Anhydrous 280mg-This is around my sweet spot of 250mg-275mg of caffeine. This was a plus for me, so I didn't have to weigh out the powder to get to my stim range.

BioPerine 5 mg-This is a standard dose that aids in absorption of the ingredients.

Taste: If a pre-workout product is effective, I personally could care less if the product tastes good or not. I received the watermelon flavor, and it was rather enjoyable. Not an overpowering flavor, middle of the road flavor.

Mixability: No issues in mixing it with water in a glass. Not much if any residue at the bottom, which was a plus.

Dosing: I stuck with 1 scoop for the entire use of the tub, about 20-25 minutes before my workout.

I will rate the effectiveness via the following categories below, based on the ingredients in this product:

Energy- The 280mg of caffeine was spot on for me. It provided a nice clean boost of energy for my early am workouts. I would absolutely notice the difference, as opposed to not taking the product.

Focus-At times, the focus to some extent, outshined the energy aspect. I always walked into the gym ready to take on the weights each morning. Felt in the zone and as if I was the only person working out at the gym.

Pump- The pump was noticeable, but definitely the weakest in terms of effectiveness. As opposed to taking nothing, there was an ok pump with this product. More of a bloated pump, not vascular.

Endurance-The endurance aspect was noticeable. After a few days on the product I seemed able to squeeze in a few more sets, as opposed to just stopping and leaving the gym. At times I even had the urge to do extra cardio, which is rare.

The product is not widely sold at all. There's a few sellers on google shopping, Amazon has it, but it's the best value though Barbender Nutrition at $26.95.

Amazon does have it for $26.99(prime) and you can get an extra discount for auto shipping at $25.64.

At less than 90 cents a serving, that's really good value for the above effectiveness.

Side Effects

No side effects experienced with this product

Conclusion

Although the pump aspects were lacking, to have the energy, focus and endurance aspects alone would make it worthwhile to purchase at the above price. I enjoyed the product and for a newcomer to the vast supplement industry, I hope this product catches on to the masses and becomes more widely available.
  • Watermelon: 7/10

August 14, 2018

• Decent Pump
  • Decent Focus
  • Energy Not Sustained

Unknown with barbender nutrition. Overall a pleasant surprise. A very solid pre workout with an amazing taste. No exotic or new ingredients, straight up decent oldcsool profile.

36 years old financial auditor trying to balance life with three kids and a busy job. Trying to get in some quality time at the gym in the meantime. When I manage to squeeze in some gym time I can use all the supplement help that's out there. I always use a pre workout. Not a fan of most exotic stimulants, but no fan of underdosed pre workouts either.

Most Troop supps are not available in Europe. After contact with Barbender and a the payment of (part of) the shipping costs I received a bottle of Torque. Much thanks to Barbender and the Troops program!

The ingredient profile is decent, the ingredients are alle well known culprits for a pre workout.
3g of Beta Alanine
Increases muscle endurance. Large doses of beta-alanine may cause a tingling feeling called paresthesia. Never experienced this personally before. Harmless anyway, some find it annoying. Recommended dosage is 2-5g. 3g is a fair dose.

3g of L-AAKG
Should increase nitric oxide activity / blood flow in the body. Evidence is mixed, but added to many pre workouts. Recommended is 2-5 g. 3g is a fair dose.

3g of L Citrulline Malate
One of my favourite ingredients in a pre workout. Benefits are abundant. Increases energy, Nitric Oxide production. Buffers lactic acid accumulation and raises Growth Hormone (GH) levels post workout. The recommended dosage is 6-8 g. Most pre workouts stay below this amount. Some do include 8g, but not that many. I would like to see the Citrulline malate to be dosed at at least 5g. 3g does the job but could be better.

500mg of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine
The best absorbed form of L-Tyrosine. Increases dopamine levels. Basically makes you feel euphoric and focused. 500mg is a fair dose.

280mg of Caffeine
Personally around my sweet spot. Less just doesn't work for me, more can cause jitters. Especially for people that like their coffee during the day, more than 300mg is a bit much. Happy with this amount of caffeine. A higher dose can cause a crashing feeling for me personally after my workouts.

1.25g of Betaine Anhydrous
Betaine (trimethylglycineis a component of beetroot. A single dose of betaine reduces homocysteine levels and is shown to increase power output. promotes cellular hydration, much like creatine does. 1.25mg is a fair and standard amount.

5mg of Bioperine
Standard dose of absorption agent. The ability to increase the bioavailability of nutritional compounds. 5mg is a dose commonly used.

Torque really shines in the taste department. The powder is really fine and mixes excellent. I had the watermelon flavour which actually tasted like watermelon. Watermelon flavour tends to be a bit sweet but Barbender nutrition really outdid competitors on the flavour department. The right amount of sweet and sour. Definitely watermelon, great taste.

I wasn't sure what to expect since I am not familiar with barbender nutrition. The ingredient profile looks goods without any exotic stimulants. Just fairly dosed on the most common and proven ingredients. It turned out to be a nice surprise. Energy levels were good without that cranked up feeling. The pump section was good and the focus level was also good. I specifically use the word Good as I had better; energy wise, pump wise and focus wise. This was however with different types of pre workouts. Torque does a good job in all departments, so a good overall pre workout. I would like to see the amount of citrulline malate upped just a little. One downside of Torque is the longtitude of the energy which waned a bit during workout. My workouts aren't that long, but for people used to longer training sessions this could be a downfall.

Torque isn't widely available. You can get it through the Barbender website and on amazon. For 30 dollars a tub this comes down to 1 dollar a serving which is a fait price for a pre workout considering the ingredient profile.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A decent standard pre workout without to many extra's or new ingredients. A combination of proven ingredients at a good dosage turns out to work just fine. Where this product really shines is in the flavour department.
  • Watermelon: 10/10

July 19, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Red Dye
    • Underdosed In Areas

Thanks to Barbender for supporting the TROOPS. Torque appears to be their only product at the moment. Fairly solid profile, if a little on the simple side. price is decent at $1/scoop. Full disclosure on the label is always a plus.

I workout 5x per week, cardio 4x per week right after (not on leg day though ;-) ). Normally supersets or trisets for everything. 3x20. One body part per day, except tris and bis are done together, and core on two days in addition.

Torque has a straightforward ingredient profile, and kudos for being fully disclosed on the label. For endurance and energy there is 1.25g of betaine and 280mg caffeine anhydrous (amount is fine for me but I would have preferred some slow release caffeine too, as i was running out of energy during the 30min cardio after my workout). There is 500mg of NALT for focus, then 3g L-citrulline malate (I added another 3g) and 3 g of AAKG for pump. For endurance there is 3g of Beta Alanine. No creatine in here.

i was not keen on the heavy use of synthetic red dye. Its not a dealbreaker but unnecessary. Its a nice change when you get a PWO with no colorant at all in it - like the now defunct (I think) Momentum Catalyst.

I had the fruit punch flavor. It was OK. Mixed easily enough (no creatine monohydrate in there which is what normally causes the clumps in PWO mixes). I stuck to a single scoop. At 280mg caffeine anhydrous I dont want to go higher than a single scoop. However, it certainly was not a 3/4 scooper like a couple of PWOs I have tried recently.

Using a single scoop, I found Torque a bit underwhelming overall. Energy was low by the end of my 50min workout, leaving me a bit flat for the 30min cardio. Also, with no creatine in there I found I was a couple of reps short of what I normally do (I normally do supersets 3x20 for everything). And finally the pump wasn't really noticeable. So after a few workouts, I ended up adding 1g taurine, 3g cit malate, 1g Agmatine Sulfate (this works better for me than AAKG for NO production and pumps) and 2.5g creatine HCl to each scoop of torque. Still missing some delayed release caffeine, but with my additions it had most everything I need. Problem then is that the $1/scoop is no longer a great deal, due of the cost of the additions.

Available either direct or from Amazon at $29.99, and the 30 scoop container making Torque $1/dose. Its a decent price, though there are good PWOs out there at under $1/scoop

Side Effects

Conclusion

A simple, straightforward, fully disclosed PWO at a decent price, but doesn't have quite enough to distinguish it from others out there in my opinion.
    • Fruit Punch: 6/10

June 4, 2018

• Moderate Pump
    • Somewhat Pricey

An old school effective prewokrout supplement.

Hey SR, here today to review the preworkout Torque by Barbender Nutrition. Since I workout very early in the morning, and I am not a morning person, I almost always have a preworkout on hand to motivate me at the gym. It's also pretty important that I have a preworkout that won't make me crash as I have a long day at work ahead of me. This is how Torque did for me.

This reminds me of an old school preworkout. Preworkouts have become very specialized whether it be for pump, stim, or the everything under the sun approach. This has a very clean, simple, transparent profile that in my opinion has just enough ingredients. To address the pump, we have 3 g of Citrulline and 3 g of AAKG. For endurance we have 3 g of Beta Alanine. For energy and focus we have 1.25 of Betaine, 280 mg of caffeine, 500 mg of tyrosine, and then 5 mg of Bioperine for absorption. Addresses just about every need/want for a preworkout in a condensed way, I think the profile is nice.

Mixabilty was great, no settling or foaming issues. Dosing is standard, one scoop 20-30 minutes preworkout. The taste was fruit punch, and it's nothing to write home about. For preworkouts that go down quick this isn't a huge deal for me, but I would explore different flavors.

Sometimes, less is more. With the everything under the sun approach by some preworkouts, sometimes you lose effectiveness and/or have stomach issues. With this, it was effective everytime and gave me "just enough." I was the most worried skeptical about the energy and focus, but that was the best part of this preworkout. Steady, strong, consistent energy with no crash. Endurance was also good, minimal beta alanine tingles. The pump was the least productive part of this supplement for me, but I always view that as a bonus as with my routine of lifting really heavy and diet getting a good pump is pretty hard to do. Overall, this helped motivate me and gave me great workouts thoughout.

At $27 for 30 servings I think this is a tad high. It was effective so I think it still has value, but considering the number of ingredients and dosing you can get similar preworkouts with more at about the same price. I'd like this to come down a little.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A simple, old school, effective preworkout I would use again.

March 14, 2018

• Underdosed In Areas
    Good morning folks. Today I want to talk about the pre-workout Torque by Barbender Nutrition. I love the TROOPer program because of products just like this. Prior to seeing this product here on SR.com I didn't know who Barbender Nutrition was. SR.com has opened my eyes to several products over the last year or so that I would have never known existed. Like my momma said about my clothes growing up "Just because they're not "name brand" doesn't mean they aren't great".

FULLY DISCLOSED!! This alone will get you a positive point in my book. As I grew in my supplement knowledge I started really appreciating the products that disclosed all the ingredients and the amounts of each. Almost all of the ones that do this are really solid products and you know that going in. I have seen a few that underdose some products and that lets me know prior to buying it. That is appreciated.

I have attached the ingredient label so that you can see all the ingredients. I'll touch on a few right quick.

Caffeine- 280mg's. This is right in the neighborhood of where I like it. There were a few times I took a "heaping scoop" so I could throw a little extra in there.

Beta Alanine- 3g's. I like 4-5 in my preworkout. Once again, occasionally I would take a big scoop to help make up the difference. You can still feel the tingle even with 3g's.

AAKG- 3g's- This is ok with me for pump reasons

Citruline Maleate- 3g's. I like closer to 5-6g's. However, when combined with AAKG I feel like you still get a really solid pump.

I received the watermelon flavor. It tasted fine to me. No issues with the taste.

Mixabilty- I would always mix it in about 8-10oz of water and drink it while driving my 20 min to the gym. Didn't have any clumping or other mixing issues.

Dosing- 1 scoop about 30 minutes or so before your workout. Don't take if you're within 5 hours of bedtime. That amount of caffeine could keep you up for a while.

Torque was pretty good overall to me. The energy I felt was clean. The focus was solid. The workouts I was doing with this were 8-12 reps so I wasn't really paying attention to the strength. I like my preworkouts to help me with fatigue and focus in the gym. I felt like Torque did that for me. Being that Torque only has the 3g's of Cit Mal and AAK I wasn't expecting that much of a pump. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the pump I did get. Muscle tightness and fullness is how I usually judge a pump. This was better than I thought. Endurance was about what I expected with this.

It's not widely available so I wanted to give it a knock for that. However, when I saw the online price of $26.99 on their website I about fell out of my chair. It is worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY of $26.99. I was thinking $34.99-$39.99 since it was only available on their website. I would gladly pay $26.99 for this before I would some of the other products out there on the market today.

Side Effects

I didn't notice any.

Conclusion

In conclusion, THANK YOU to Barbender Nutrition and SR.com for hooking me up with a solid pre-workout. I never know what kind of product I'm getting with this program and I think that is part of what makes me excited about this program. Trying new things and realizing that not all name brand products are good and sometimes the "not so famous" products are better than the big boys. If you are looking for a SOLID preworkout with clean energy, solid pump, and real focus for close to $25 then look no further then Torque! For the money, you will not be disappointed!!
    • Watermelon: 8/10

8.9
      March 7, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Focus
    • Great Value
    • Versatile
    • Proven Ingredients
    • Effective Dosages
    • Respectable Pumps
    • Endurance Support

I'd had my eye out for a new preworkout with a simple, disclosed profile and a caffeine dose of under 300mg per scoop. Torque checked all those boxes and had received a number of decent reviews already, so I decided to give it a go. Can I also say how much I appreciate Barbender Nutrition's marketing approach? There's no ridiculous claims on the tub. Nothing about like SOUL FINDING PUMPS or ENERGY STRAIGHT FROM JESUS or HOLY SH*T YOU ARE SO FOCUSED YOU ARE CURING WORLD HUNGER IN LIKE 15 MINUTES BRAH. Just simple, straightforward branding and the tagline "elite products for elite individuals". Beautiful.

As mentioned, Torque has a profile that is fully disclosed and contains seven primary ingredients, all of which are dosed relatively appropriately. While 3g of L-citrulline malate is technically the daily recommended dose for most individuals, 6-8g is generally recommended for enhancing sports performance. Also I see other reviewers have noted 280g caffeine might be light for a stim-tolerant advanced lifter, however this happens to be my sweet spot in terms of caffeine dosage and thus I was happy with this part of the profile.

I also appreciated the diversity of this product. You've got a moderate stim profile, endurance support from the Beta Alanine and Betaine, a focus on the pump with the L-citrulline and L-arginine, bioperine for absorption, and a solid dosage of NALT for focus. All in all a very well-rounded preworkout.

I received the Watermelon flavor. Generally I'm not a watermelon guy, but Barbender did a solid job here. Tastes exactly like what you'd expect from a watermelon flavored supplement. Pretty strong to be sure, but not overly tart nor too sweet. Well balanced.

No issues at all with mixability. The powder dissolves almost instantly with minimal shaking. I generally threw one heaping scoop in 12oz. of water and sipped on my way to the gym, probably ~20 minutes preworkout.

I really enjoyed my experience with Torque. While it doesn't totally crush it in any one category, I found it to be respectable across the board. I've pulled each out individual aspect for review below. The only true gripe I had was I couldn't quite nail down performance consistency. Most of the workouts I had while on Torque were excellent, a few were mediocre, and a handful were poor. The deeper I got into the tub, the more pronounced results I experienced. Could have been a mixing issue with the powder. Could have just been I happened to tighten up the dose timing. Not a big deal altogether, but I thought it worth mentioning.

Strength - My workouts are almost entirely hypertrophy-focused with high reps at medium weight. I honestly don't pay much attention to how a preworkout impacts my strength as I rarely max out anymore. There's no creatine in Torque, which was fine for me, but if you really want a strength-focused product this might not be for you.

Focus - Solid focus. Probably the highlight of the product overall. Definitely helped me find the zone and stay in it for a solid 30-45 minutes.

Pump - I thought the pump Torque provided was quite respectable, despite the arguably low dosage of L-citrulline. Definitely felt the tightness and the squeeze in each muscle after only a few reps, and I noticed I was maintaining that fullness for an hour or two post workout. Honestly, this was better than most preworkouts I've tried recently in this category.

Energy - Moderate but exactly what I wanted. Wasn't looking for a high stim product to begin with as ~275mg hits me just right. A good burst of caffeine-fueled energy with no jitters or after-effects. Clean and effective.

Endurance - Right about average. Exactly what I expect from a preworkout. I generally rely more on intraworkouts for this type of support regardless, but you can tell the Beta Alanine is doing its job.

The industry average for preworkouts, from my research, is right around $1.00. If you want to go for a product that touts high quality, clinically dosed ingredients (Outlift for example) you can expect to pay closer to $1.75 per scoop. Torque, while not widely available, can be purchased from Barbender's own site at an excellent price point of $26.50 for 30 scoops / .88c per scoop. This is straight up a fantastic deal.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Torque is a winner in my book. This is a clean, well-dosed preworkout that is versatile, hits all the main checkboxes, and is all in all effective across the board. On top of that, the product is downright cheap considering all that you are getting. Definitely a product I will be purchasing in the future and I look forward to trying more Barbell Nutrition products!
    • Watermelon: 6/10

January 17, 2018

• Moderate Pump
    A big thanks to the peeps over at Barbender Nutrition for providing this product to the TROOPs. It's not too hard to find a pre-workout these days, finding a good one however is a much bigger task. Here is how Torque stacked up for me:

Dosage

One scoop, taken 20-30 minutes prior to workout.

Ingredient Profile (7/10)

This profile starts off on a rather high note with 3 grams of Beta Alanine, which is the bare minimum I feel you should take if you're going to use it. Next up is 3 grams of AAKG and 3 grams of Citrulline Malate. Personally I feel they would have been better served ditching the AAKG and going with 6 grams of Citrulline as I feel AAKG doesn't do much for pumps, or at least not as much as Citrulline does. One and quarter grams of Betaine is next in the formula, which is a little underdosed as 2 grams is more of the baseline for an effective dose. 500 mg of Tyrosine for focus support, and this does pack a somewhat moderate dose of caffeine with 280 mg. It falls right in line with the 250 to 300 mg range that I prefer. So while there are some good ingredients in this, it does lack in some areas.

Mixture (8/10)

Pre-workout mixture is a lot like Russian Roulette in terms of if you're going to get a product that mixes fully, with Torque it leans more towards the mixes fully side. Very minimal undissolved powder left over and no lumps or clumps.

Taste (7/10)

I sampled the Watermelon flavor for this product. It was not terrible, but nothing to write home about. It did taste a little on the "chemically" side in my opinion, but definitely palatable and tolerable.

Effectiveness (7.5/10)

Here's my breakdown on the 5 points of performance I look at in a Pre-Workout product:

*Strength- No creatine in this formula or anything to truly support strength performance, so this gets a "D" in that category.

*Endurance- An adequate supply of Beta Alanine will help you with muscle endurance, Beta Alanine is one of the few ingredients I truly believe in and hang my hat on, "B+" grade in this area.

*Pumps- Low on the Citrulline side, and include AAKG which I find to be subpar performer when it comes to providing pumps compared to Citrulline or Agmatine. I wasn't blown away with the pumps I got from this, so gets a "C" in this area.

*Energy- A good dose of caffeine that won't tweak you out, but will set you up to throw some weight around. Energy gets a "B" grade.

*Focus- 500 mg of Tyrosine is a sufficient dose for focus. No tunnel vision or Nootropic like effects, but decent focus factor. This gets a "B-" grade.

Value (9/10)

While not widely available, you can get this for a reasonable price at Barbender's website for $26.49 for 30 servings, or 88 cents a serving. This does make for a good baseline product at this price that you could go buy some bulk aminos like Citrulline or Agmatine and creatine to add to this and still come out at a decent per serving price.

Conclusion and Verdict

Torque is a pre-workout product that while decent in some areas, overall is very mediocre and moderate overall. With the tight competition field in the pre-workout arena, this is a product that fades into obscurity without standing out or distinguishing itself. It would be good to use as a base product if you want to add more to it though and is a good value. While far from the worst product I've used, this wasn't good enough for me to give a thumbs up to. So a "Meh" rating from me.
    • Watermelon: 7/10

January 15, 2018

• Sustained Energy

What is up guys? It's time for the best kind of review, a pre-workout review. Pre-workouts are the holy grail of supplements for every "Gym Bro" out there. The crack of the industry. I'd like to give a big shoutout to Barbender Nutrition for putting their product up for review and all the great people at SR for making this review possible. Let's jump right into the action.

Here's the highlights:
      3g of Beta-Alanine: The endurance juggernaut with clinical doses at roughly 3.2g per serving. 3 grams is very close to this and will be very close to the same effects. You'll also get those coveted tingly sensations in your face that make you feel like you can run through a wall.

3g of L-Arginine (AAKG): Increases N.O. production/ vascularity which in turn can increase recovery and distribution of resources throughout the body. 3g is a pretty good dose of this acid.

3g of L-Citrulline Malate: The pump chasers favorite acid. Clinical doses are around 6g.

280mg of Caffeine: As an avid coffee drinker my caffeine tolerance is high even when cycling off of caffeine substances, so I always look for at least 250mg of caffeine in my pre-workout products.

1.25g of Betaine: Like Beta-Alanine, this helps you power through those late sets, but here its underdosed.

The formula also includes 500mg N Acetyl L-Tyrosine, 5mg BioPerine, and a high amount of Folate. Overall, this is a solid ingredient list with good doses of some main ingredients and low doses for others. I'm tempering my expectations, but still hoping for good results.

Taste: Watermelon was a little sweet for my taste. It helps 'wake you up' for that first set though lol.

Mixibility: No issues here. It dissolves right in after couple good shakes in a blender bottle.

Dosage: I personally used roughly 1 and a half scoops per serving. I found that 20 mins pre-workout was my preferred sweet spot when taking this product. It was very simple and easy.

This was a very good, but not quite great product in terms of effectiveness. The beta-alanine gave me solid tingles and lengthened the duration of my workouts effectively. The combination of AAKG and Citrulline gave me pretty good pumps (this was my main knock on this product). I felt like the pumps could've been a lot better, but they weren't bad by any means. The caffeine was just enough to give me a clean jolt of energy to kickstart my workout. I wasn't 'smashing through walls' while using this product, but it was more of a steady energy that made me feel like I could keep pushing myself progressively throughout the workout. It's not the kind of pre-workout that smacks you in the face if you get what I'm saying.

The best value I could find for Torque was on Amazon. As of right now, the tub costs $26.86 or .90 cents per serving. A viable pre-workout for less than a dollar per serving is more than fair and is an awesome plus for this product.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

For its' price range, this is one of the better pre-workouts on a per serving basis. As far as the overall profile is concerned, I think this is a very good pre-workout but not an over the time great pre-workout. With that said I had a lot of good grind sessions while using this product and would absolutely recommend it to my fellow gym rats.

January 2, 2018

• Increased Recovery
      • Red Dye

First off I want to thank Barbender Nutrition for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. Barbender is a newer company just getting started in the supplement business. Until they put this product on the trooper program I had never heard of this company. Right now this pre-workout is the only product they make. After checking this product out a little bit I thought it looked kind of interesting and thought I would give it a try plus I was in the need of a new workout to try. For being a new company I was rather surprised with how this product worked for me.

You get a total of 7 main ingredients in this. Everything is fully transparent at solid dosages. Also like that they use no prop blends in this and list everything you get in this. Here are the 7 main ingredients you get in this. This has stuff in here to help you with energy, pumps, and focus.
      3g of Beta Alanine
      3g of L-AAKG
      3g of L Citrulline Malate
      500mg of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine
      280mg of Caffeine
      1.25g of Betaine Anhydrous
      5mg of Bioperine

From the profile you can see that everything is pretty well dosed for the most part. The amount of caffeine they put in this might be a little bit on the low side especially if your someone that is more stm tolerant. I like to get between 300 to 350mg of caffeine. I kind of liked the little bit lower amount of caffeine just because I tend to consume a lot of caffeine the way it is and to take a little less is probably good for me.

This comes in two flavors fruit punch and watermelon. I decided to go with the fruit punch. It had been awhile since I have had anything fruit punch and decided to give that flavor another try. I thought overall this tasted pretty good. Not to overly sweet, tart or overly powering on taste. There was a slight chemical taste to it but nothing to bad. Out of the many different fruit punch flavors I have tried I thought this was one of the better ones.

Had no issues with it mixing. Seemed to mix really well for me and no left over little pieces or settling of ingredients on bottom of my shaker bottle. The one thing I did not like was the heavy dosage of Red 40 dye. I am not a fan of dyes at all and feel there is no need to use them at all. This is something I wish they would not use in this.

I would do one scoop each time before my workout. One scoop should be all you really need. If you want to use 1.5 scoops you could if you really need the extra boost that day you could but one scoop should be enough.

I was a little unsure how well this would work for me since it was a little more limited on ingredients compared to a lot of the other pre-workouts I have been using. I figured with a little lower dosage of caffeine this would not hit me as hard and not feel it as much as I would have like but I was wrong. I feel this still gave me some pretty decent clean energy that helped keep me going more. I guess not having a large amount of caffeine is not always needed to help you. I guess with the way they formulate and dose the ingredients can really help with how a product better performs. This in no way should make you feel all jittery like unless you are maybe some one that is more stim sensitive. This did seem to last me through out my whole workout which was nice. I know at times when I am taking a pre-workout with a lot of high stims in it I would feel it really well the first half of my workout but always seems to wear off more quickly. This won't be that smack you in the face type energy you get but it will be more of a nice boost to your energy to help you keep going and still last you through out your whole workout.

I did notice some nice pumps from this. It was nothing real crazy like but enough to notice something. I thought the overall focus this gave me was really good. I felt that once I started to get locked into my workouts I could feel this really helping me to block out a lot of other distractions I might have and felt I was able to better concentrate on my workouts more. I think the overall focus part was a plus to have and really noticeable.

The strength gains I got from this were decent. I think with the way this helped me perform better was able to help me more on my lifts and be able to lift a little heavier. The gains I did get were nothing crazy like but noticeable. The one thing I would really like to see that I think would help this product a bit more effective would be adding some creatine. I think that would help the performance part a bit more and give you some better strength gains. When I was using this I was supplementing it with some creatine and I know that helped me a lot more. I think without that creatine my strength gains would have been just so so. I do understand that not everyone wants creatine in their pre-workout but I feel it better helps to have it.

The cheapest I could find this was on amazon.com and they want $26.99 for 30 servings. This comes out to .90 per servings. I think this is a really good price for this. It's getting a lot harder now to find pre-workouts that are under $30 and if you can find a decent pre-workout under $30 that is really good. Other than amazon their website is the only other place you can get this and on there they want $29.99 which is still a pretty good price.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I was rather impressed with this product and how well it performed for me. For this being a new company and their first product released I think they did a really good job on it. I know they could always tweak a few things with this to make it even better but as of right now it is still pretty good. For being more limited on ingredients and not having a ton of them thrown in here I found it to be a rather effective product and very much worth trying. For the price they want for this and how it performs this is more than worth giving a try if your in the need of a new pre-workout. If your someone that has been using pre-workouts for a long time and prefer a lot more ingredients than what's in here I think this will still work really well for you even without a lot of extra ingredients. I am really excited to see what's next for this company and what they bring us for new products. Again I want to give a big shout out to Barbender Nutrition for making this product and letting me have the chance to give it a try.
      • Fruit Punch: 8/10