Ranks #5 (better than 80%)
In: Energy Supplements > Nootropics

AZÖTH is a Nootropic manufactured by AZÖTH. It is natural supplement that supports increased mental focus and concentration.

Energy Supplements > Nootropics

Welcome to SupplementReviews.com

The supplement industry is notorious for misleading marketing and misinformation.

bzyczek
TROOPer Level: 15
  May 16, 2017

Thanks to AZÖTH for sending it out!

First I would like to thank AZOTH for sending their product out and letting me try it, and the SR TROOP's program for giving me the opportunity to do so. I'm a 39 year old fart who is looking for something that can help me remember things better. Especially when I work in IT and memory is my crucial tool to do the job. Even now I still have to take tests in order to get certificates that will better my chances in advancement and job stability. When I saw Azoth I really got excited and requested a pack for myself because I was going to take a very hard exam and wanted all the help I can get.

This ingredient profile of this product have been already digested by other reviewers so meticulously that I'm going to just add my opinion. I personally like everything about this profile. I myself do not think it is under dosed like my previous reviewer. Even though I took these pills to help me with my memory it actually helped me in another way.

The pills are small and easy to swallow.

Here is where I have a lot to say about these pills. I was thrilled when I saw Azoth available on the troopers program because I was in the middle of my studies for a very hard exam. I wanted any help I could get because on my first attempt I have failed the exam miserably. I took a dose of the pills a day before the exam for my review and another dose on the exam itself. Full three pills dosage on both days. I should have read the instructions and leave a day between servings but I was nervous and completely forgot (that is why I needed these pills LOL). I can tell for sure that Azoth had really calmed me down. I took the test without any worries. I wasn't sweating like at the first attempt ... I didn't have that panic feeling ... It really helped me out that day. I did pass the exam ... barely ... I'm not sure how focused I was .. but I'm sure being calm helped a lot in staying focused on the exam. I'm not sure if it helped me with my memory that day .. although again I did pass the test.

Since I had few servings left and I had a pre-workout I was testing that didn't do anything for my focus I started taking this product one pill a day along with my pre-workout. Before I came up with the idea of taking Azoth I felt really bad during my workout. I felt awful, groggy and annoyed because of all the discomfort i felt from the pre-workout like heart palpitations, nausea, and pain. Taking just one pill of Azoth actually made the workout more tolerant ... It just kept things in check for me because I have a tendency to complain. It gave me that feeling of wellness. It really improved my mood so that the time at the gym wasn't as bad that I didn't want to return the next day.

So the product has shined so far for me ... but here is where it stops ... I just personally think it's to expensive and would not be spending the money for it. The cost of this product is 45$ per bag of 10 servings, that is a lot! ... That comes out to 4.5$ per serving. I would have to consider it vigorously ... do I pay for the pills to help me out on a exam and pass, or do I take the exam and fail and in return loose time and money. This a big dilemma but I still think it's very pricey ... so I would probably pass ...

Side Effects

I honestly did not experience any side effects from this product, even on the two days I took a full serving back to back.

Conclusion

I would buy this product in bulk if it wasn't so expensive. Personally I think it's a very effective "exam pill". A lot of times we fail exams just because we are so nervous we can't seem to focus on the exam. Unfortunately the price just doesn't warrant the purchase. If it ever came on sale I will probably dish out my money and buy some just so I can have some on "stand by".
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • As Needed
  • Lower Anxiety Levels
  • Feeling Of Wellbening
  • 10 Servings
mhseaver670
TROOPer Level: 81

May 7, 2017

Thanks to AZÖTH for sending it out!

So who does not want a pill that can make you smarter and able to concentrate better and stay focused longer? I know I would love that and hell most days I feel I know some around me would say the same thing too. Enter Azoth. Unique to say the least.

This stuff is loaded with everything you would want in a nootropic. Some top notch stuff here I will say. A few that I really like was the
Ashwagandha Root, Hordenine, and Phenylpiracetam. The profile on this is really made to help ease off the stress and give you the ability to chill out which actually for me maybe one of the down sides for me as well.
Here is more info on this stuff if you want to really dive into it, Also several other reviews on this site has broke them down as well.

Strange. 1-3 caps with a light meal. , no bad taste, no burbs or any issues. Weird it says to take a break for 1-2 days between doses though.

Okay, so yea I am a bigger guy, 6'4 and 250ish lbs. So maybe that is one reason I felt it did not perform as well for me but I dont know.
So the first time I took it and after reading the reviews I was like, this is going to be awesome. So I waited and did my work like normal, few hours goes by and I am thinking " Did it ever work? " I never noticed the focus like some mentioned. Yea I was focused but that was just because I had sh@t to get done. No time to waste. So I waited a few days and tried again.. nothing new. I sent a message to the rep and he said to eat something with some fats in it , to help absorb it better. I waited a week till I had a very busy day. Good fatty breakfast and some coffee and tossed 3 pills back and boom, off and running. I never noticed how focused I was till more than 2 people asked if I was Okay because I was not talking like I normally did. Thats when I noticed I had been killing it at work and had gotten ton's of thing's done. This continued for a good while too.
Hell yea it worked this stuff is awesome right?!
Now the next day. Okay so if you have ever watched Limitless you know there are side effects. Same here. I swear on everything I was so confused and so just " not together" this next day it actually concerned me. No more pills this week. Damn.
4th - 7th dose was just like this. It worked but I payed for it the next day. It was almost comically.
On the 7th try I noticed it was not as effective as it had been and this was even more obvious the rest of the supply. It was like I just got used to it or something. I was not taking it everyday, Heck I was waiting almost a week between doses almost.

So yea it worked but it is hard to get it to dial in for me. And it makes me dumb as rocks the day. That is why the lower rating.

Expensive in my opinion. Priceplow still has some coupons available through there site as of today. But the average person might not know about that site. So we go to the price of this through their own site which is 45 bucks for 10 servings !! Damn it. Now it could be less if a lower dose than 3 pills work for you, But even with solid ingredients I find this way to much for me.

Side Effects

Makes me work and less friendly, but dumb as rocks the next day. Ha

Conclusion

Huge thanks for Azoth for being a part of this program and waiting on this review. I did love the product when it was working but I just felt way off the next day and sometimes even 2 days after for me to want to get on this horse again.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Long Lasting
  • Increased Drive
  • Lower Anxiety Levels
  • Feeling Of Wellbening
  • Tolerance Build Up
  • Inconsistent
  • Makes Me Dumb Day After
kalans
TROOPer Level: 70

April 16, 2017

** Supplement Facts + Introduction **
Many of us have been exposed to Nootropics through a variety of products like Preworkouts and Fat Burners, but nothing this complete of a profile! I wont cover every ingredient as many have went into great detail especially htevans, way to go! I have compared this in two forms: as a pill supplement and as a powder in the sense that 3 capsules this size could contain over 3g easily. The ingredients in this product are top notch, and really it is only missing caffeine yet I understand keeping it separate allows for more possible uses (plus caffeine is cheap). All the ingredients are dosed well above the normal dosing, and in some cases it too high of a dose which is why they recommend taking fewer caps. I feel most of these dosages or the serving size should have been lowered, but there is a reason it isn't. Phenylpiracetam which functions like PEA is from what I have been told is practically a pharmaceutical drug and is as "cheating", while it is legal and has been for quite some time. The hyperzine is underdosed, and many ingredients are overdosed to a point which you can't get all the benefits fully from each ingredient at a lower dosage yet they all work well together for the acculative effect. I have had it in another product by InnovaPharm (Limitless), and it kept me feeling cracked out (more on this below).. All in all, dosage scheme is odd and not desirable to me but flexible.

** Dosing **
Dosing is recommended to start low and to use every other day, aka don't use everyday. It is also given that it takes time for these ingredients to build up, which is why it is directed to not use daily. Hear me out, if a company told you not to use their preworkout everyday or workout to only use every other day/workout.. Would you think something isn't right? These ingredients with exception of Phenylpiracetam are common preworkout or thermogenic ingredients, so why is it an issue? Basically the Phenylpiracetam I assume is the reason, as it surely wouldn't be a dosing issue otherwise. I started off with 1 capsule and followed with 2 and then three on many days later, more detailed below.

**Effectiveness (7.2/10) **
Before taking this product I had taken a week off all stimulants. I have had many different experiences with nootropics, and with many products on the market (preworkout or fat burners) they do put them in it. For me I enjoy a quick release of energy and focus, rather than having to wait for the "ingredients" to build up in my system to see the effectiveness. Being this only has 10 servings per the ingredients, it doesn't allow as much room to test different dosing routines. I started off with 1 capsule as suggest, with not much effect at all and if anything I felt a bit more tired 2 hours after as if physically exhausted. On the next day I didn't take any, but I followed it with another 1 capsule dosage.. When is this going to kick in? The exact next day I went ahead and took 2 capsules, where the energy felt more present and elevation of mood. My focus was ok, but it wasn't like I was solving equations in my head like Zack on the Hangover.. The next day I didn't take any again.. I went with an actual full serving aka 3 capsules, and low and behold the benefits were more noticeable overall. I felt time did move more quickly, however I felt a drag later on.

So at this point I only took 7 of the 30 capsules, so with the remanding 23 capsules I tried a variation of dosing routines. It was suggest to take some caffeine with this as the DMHA would enhance the duration and boost of energy, so I had a 200mg caffeine pill with 3 capsules. The results were probably the best I have felt on this side of the pharmacy counter, with my mental focus and energy pretty much at 11 the entire time lasting the majority of the day. So I decided to take a day off using it and then followed the same dosing routine, and it was like I didn't take AZTH that day? Upon research it appears that Phenylpiracetam isn't always effective each day of use, just like DMAA is for me or DMHA. So I didn't take any for a week, and when I returned I had dosed the same 3 capsules with 200mg caffeine. The effectiveness wasn't nearly as good as the original try, and it really made me feel burnt out later. The remaining capsules I took in different ways with no other noticeable effects outside the described portion above, but found this to be most effective when taken spread out from the previous dose just as DMAA in my experience.

** Value (6.5/10) **
A product such in this nature isn't cheap to begin with, and while it is a completely loaded profile and unique to the nootropic line it is still cheaper than your some affiliate sale nootropics. You are getting quality, which always helps the value of a product in the higher price ranges. You can find this online in their store for $45 which comes to $1.5 per serving.. But really it is user dependent, meaning your serving strength may vary. I personally feel the value is not exactly you are getting what you are paying for, as these pills are just too costly.. Maybe that money is going towards paying for the insurance to sell Phenylpiracetam? While these ingredients are quality and the dosages are great, the product doesn't perform as well as desired nor does it warrant the cost in my eyes.. You can get Adderall for these prices..

EDIT: Priceplow also offers a 40% off coupon and 50% off on orders of 2+!! What does this tell you? Bring the price down geez... The coupons are not guaranteed so it isn't factored into my value rating. Also this is the perfect storm for the affiliate sales card.

** Overall (6.8/10) **
You win some you lose some, and then you wonder why you even bothered with a product like this.. I really picked this out to help me focus and study for a certification coming up, and previously I had taken LGI Boosted for other tests.. The prices are close but yet the cheaper one out performed this one for me in the areas I needed it most. So I will be the black sheep, and tell you that I wouldn't really recommend this product for the reasons listed above. I feel it is a good formula, but didn't perform as well as expected.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Strong Formula
  • Greater Sense Of Wellbeing
  • Good Focus
  • Good Energy
  • Patented Ingredients
  • Tolerance Build Up
  • More Expensive Than Adderall
  • Inconsistent
  • Possible Affiliate Sales Marketing
zbikowski88
TROOPer Level: 38
  April 15, 2017

Thanks to AZÖTH for sending it out!

Before I start I want to thank Azoth for giving me the opportunity to review their product. In the past few months I have been using different nootropics and researching ingredients. When this became available I knew I had to give it a try based on other user reviews here on SR. During the duration of this review I was training 5 days a week focusing on Powerlifting movements.

Claim:
AZTH combines the world's most potent nootropics and clinically researched sports performance ingredients into thirty easy to swallow capsules.

-Increase Strength
-Stamina
-Confidence
-Mental Prowess

AZOTH features a fully transparent label with ten (10) main ingredients known as cognitive enhancers. Each ingredient is dosed clinically (basically fully loaded) and one of the nice things about this formula is that its caffeine free. Its easy to fill this page and talk about each ingredient getting at least 400 words but here are two different sources of research.

Since this is in capsule form there is no taste or mixability to judge on. In terms of dosing.... Take one to two capsules with a light meal containing health fats every other day. You can take up to three (3) capsules at one time never exceeding 24 hour period. For this review I used 1 and 2 capsules every other day dependent on how I was feeling mentally.

When I got out of the military because of physical injuries I developed some mental health issues to include depression, anxiety, lack of motivation and etc. Before I used AZOTH I went to my doctor to get the ok using this alongside medications I use on a daily basis. Some days I feel better/worse than others, that was how I figured out my dosage using AZOTH.

1 Capsule - The first few times taking this I started off taking one capsule every other day before work. It only took about 15 min before I started to feel the effectiveness of AZOTH while driving to work. My focus/alertness went from what seemed foggy to clear and cognitive by the time I got to work. Days went by quicker, I was more alert (work in a surgery setting), motivation was extremely heightened and confidence was boosted.

2 Capsules - Literally thought I was on some kind high or on cloud nine.... I just felt too good during the day.

This was one of the few times where I had an increase feeling of motivation/confidence. My wife and co-workers all took notice and asked where this positive change came from. That alone was enough for me knowing this stuff was legit!

AZOTH is sold on its website for $44.95 per 30 capsule package. Since you dose the servings yourself (1-3 capsules) the pricepoint is dependent on that. However each capsule costs the user around $1.50, $3.00 for two (2) capsules and $4.50 for three (3). AZOTH does offer two different coupons through PricePlow.
PLOW40 40%OFF (Applies if you want to buy 1. If you buy more than 1, the next is better)
PLOW50FOR1 Buy one, get one free. (Applies to 3, 4, or more packs as well).
Based on the exotic ingredients, dosages and effectiveness I have no problem paying up for a nootropic supplement like this using either of the coupon codes.

Side Effects

Withdrawals once you run out because it worked so good lol

Conclusion

In conclusion AZOTH moves right to the top of nootropic supplements on the market. Other nootropic companies should take notice of AZOTH once it becomes more widely available. The only possible negative is the price, I know some will say its too expensive.... however for people like myself I would have no problem paying up for this.
Parasite
TROOPer Level: 34
  April 13, 2017

Thanks to AZÖTH for sending it out!

I just recently put together my own home gym and started working out twice a day. Strength stuff in the morning and hypertrophy work on my lunch hour. I started using Azoth about 1 week before doing this split and could tell it was going to be good. It definitely helped a lot at work when I started waking up early to get the morning workout in. Thanks to Azoth for participating in the TROOPs program.

This is the most comprehensive ingredient profile I have seen for a nootropic so far. And it is fully disclosed to boot! The few ingredients I noticed in here that made me want to try it were the DMHA and noopept. Of all the individual ingredient nootropics, I have found noopept to be the most effective for me so anything that has that I'm almost always game to try. For a comprehensive breakdown of all the ingredients, check out bctuthill's, htevans' review of Azoth, the Price Plow blog write up or Azoth's website.

1-3 pills every 1 to 2 days taken with a light meal containing healthy fats.
I started with 2 pills my first go then used 3 every other day for the remainder of the pack. I used these Monday, Wednesday and Friday with the weekends off. I took these when I got to work and ate my breakfast which is usually around 7:30 -8:00 a.m.

WOW! What can I say? I found this to be an excellent product from the start. From the first day to the last, Azoth never let me down. After about an hour of taking it, my mental fog would start to lift and I would be more focused. That is when I eventually started working. HA! Being an accountant I do a lot of repetitive, tedious work so I procrastinate at times when I don't really want to do something. Azoth did not help with the procrastination but once I started working on something I would stay focused on it and finish it. The focus and clarity was definitely stronger than the energy effect in here. I still found myself drinking a cup of coffee or two with Azoth to help get some pep in my step. This has probably been the closest thing to Amp-C for me since that got banned. I was also in a better mood when taking this. Overall a more positive feeling of well-being and happiness.

I never did use this as a PWO but I always felt a little more jazzed up when I took a PWO or took my Skald on the same day that I took Azoth. Azoth states that this can be combined with other supplements to enhance the effects and boy does it. I always felt more energized and focused when combined with one of the two products I mentioned. Sometimes, I would feel overly energized and amped up and ready to go run around the office instead of sitting at my desk so be careful as to how much you take if combining it with other stimulant type supplements.

This might be placebo, but I also felt like there was some carry over effect for a day. Nothing like the day you took it but I still felt positive and happy. I wasn't nearly as focused but still had a mental clarity that seemed to stay with me. After not taking this for the last week, I definitely miss it.

Currently, I could only locate this through Azoth's website for $44.95. Not a great price but in no way a deal breaker for me as you are getting pharmaceutical grade ingredients at appropriate dosages. And it works! Sure, if you take the maximum amount, it only looks like a 10 day supply but directions state to take every 1-2 days so even taking the maximum 3 pills a day still gets you a 20-30 day supply. Azoth also provides deals (40% off / BOGO) every now and again on SR and there are some listed on Price Plow (although I'm not sure if they are still good or not). These deals definitely drop this down into a must buy for me. I would keep this on my must buy list once/or if the price ever comes down to around the $30 range.

Side Effects

Withdrawals. Lol! Azoth, how I miss thee so.

Conclusion

My only suggestion would be to also make a version with 100-150 mg of caffeine but am also not opposed to drink 1-2 cups of coffee with it on the side.
Otherwise, this is one of the most effective nootropics I have taken since the sad day when Amp-C was banned. I see this as my go to nootropic from now on when in need of a good mental boost.
    smashley23
    TROOPer Level: 27
      March 27, 2017

Thanks to AZÖTH for sending it out!

I am a competing powerlifter and I am currently studying to become a strength coach, which entails a lot of reading and a lot of memorization. I've gone through various nootropic formulas (both homemade and pre-formulated products) over the past year. Some of them I used pre-workout and others i used during the day, either studying or when I was at work.

Azoth is stacked like the 1960s Boston Celtics. I have to give it a (10/10) on the profile. It has a racetam, a stimulant, choline, a peptide, and natural nootropics all coming together to offer brain support, focus, energy, and anti-anxiety/stress. In addition, it's an open label, everything is clinically dosed, and some of these components are synergetic, e.g. the racetam and the alpha gpc, enhancing the value of the product.

In my opinion, these were the most interesting parts of the formula (in no particular order).

N-A-L-T: This form of tyrosine offers increased bioavailibility and absorption. Tyrosine is used to improve cognition, working memory, and reduce stress

Alpha GPC: This is my favorite form of supplemental choline. It pairs well with racetams and is used to reduce cognitive decline or increase power output. Unfortunately, it is often pixie dusted in supplements as it is not a cheap ingredient. Azoth does us right here with 300mg.
    Ashwagandha: This is a natural adaptogen. It helps combat anxiety and stress and can lower cortisol.

Phenylracetam: This is clearly a racetam. It can elevate your mood, increase CNS stimulation, and increase memory uptake and motivation. For acute effects, you want 100-200mg, so this product is right in the middle (150mg) and should work for most users.

DMHA: This stimulant is becoming more and more popular in pre workouts and it will improve your energy and alertness. This is the first product I've used with DHMA and no caffeine. I think this was the correct call, because if there had been caffeine and DMHA, I think it would have been too energetic for people to use for work or studying- would make a crazy good pre-workout though.

Noopept- is similar to a racetam, but has a different molecular structure. I thought it was interesting that they included noopept and phenylracetam, usually I see one or the other and not both.

This product is encapsulated, so there are no taste or mixibility factors. A full dose is three capsules which I found easy to swallow, no horse pills here.

I used this product in a few different ways: pre-workout, when I was studying , and when I was working on my creative writing (a hobby of mine). For me, it was the most effective pre-workout, and in that setting I'd give it a (9/10). The focus was prevalent in all three situations, but Azoth had a physicality to it that made me want to move; I think it was the DMHA. This was great when I was in the gym, but it was not as helpful when I was studying or trying to write.

The first time I took it, I was studying, and all I wanted to do was go to the gym and do squats. Once I was able to calm myself down, I had a productive study session, but it makes more sense for me to use it when I plan on squatting. I'd give it a (7/10) for focus when I'm not trying to do something that's physically laborious.

You can't have a nootropic as loaded as this one and have it not be expensive. It's list price is $45 for 10 servings which is a lot. I found a coupon that brings it down to $27, but that still is more than twice the cost of some other good nootropics. I think it's better than the ones I'm comparing it to, but is it good enough to pay twice as much?

For me, the answer is probably not. I liked it best pre-workout, and there are cheaper pre-workouts with DMHA in them, so I would opt for that instead. I could, though, see Azoth being useful if you want a nootropic to use occasionally, e.g. for finals or a big work project.

It would be too expensive for many to use on a daily basis, and I would caution against that anyway. In my experience, DMHA's effects decline if you use it too frequently, and you can start getting these gnarly crashes, so you want to save it for the times that count.

Azoth is a luxury product, and it costs luxury money.

Side Effects

I made sure not to take it multiple days in a row to avoid a crash. I never had a crash with this product, but I have with other DMHA products.

Conclusion

Azoth is definitely one of the more interesting nootropics out there. A lot of good ingredients at good doses and the price reflects that. If you want a nootropic for special situations then this could be the one to get. If you're looking for something to take daily (or at least frequently like 4 or more days a week), then I would probably not go with a product with DMHA.
    htevans
    TROOPer Level: 38
      March 25, 2017

Thanks to AZÖTH for sending it out!

Thanks to Azoth for sending this out. I read a great piece on PricePlow (https://blog.priceplow.com/nootropics/azoth) on this and just had to try this when I saw it come across TROOPS!

8.75/10
    PricePlow is right; this is a fully loaded nootropic. I've just started to learn about nootropics but from what I've learned thus far, this is kind of profile is what you should be looking for. I can't really think of anything that this is missing. Additionally, almost all of the ingredients are efficaciously dosed, although most are at the lower end of the efficacious range. Azoth is comprised of: 350mg of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, 300mg of Alpha-GPC, 300mg Ashwagandha root, 150mg of Phenylpiracetam, 100mg of Octodrine (DMHA), 100mg of Hordenine HCL, 50mg of Noopept (GVS-111), 15mg of Vinpocetine, 10mg of Huperzine-A, and 5mg of Bioperine black pepper extract.

N-Acteyl L-Tyrosine is purported to be more bioavailable form of L-Tyrosine, requiring less to get the same effect. L-Tyrosine can help promote and support cognition, subjective well-being, and working memory when exposed to acute stressors such as changes in altitude or temperature. L-Tyrosine is usually dosed at 500mg-2000mg but studies showed optimal results at 100-150mg/kg of bodyweight which factors out to 7-10g for a 150lb person. I don't know of many people who use 7+ grams of L-Tyrosine at a time so I'll judge this based off the 500mg-2000mg range. It falls a little short of the 500mg goal but since N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine should have better bioavailability, 350mg may be just enough to meet the mark after all.

Alpha-GPC is the most efficient form of choline, according to Examine. Moreover, Alpha-GPC is a preferred form of choline over the commonly seen choline bitartrate (although this does have some noteworthy uses such as decreases fat deposits in the liver). 600mg has been shown to have benefits for power output and growth hormone secretion while double that (1,200mg) has been shown to help stave off cognitive decline. The amount in Azoth is anywhere from half to 1/4 the dose used in studies but 300mg is a commonly used dose. I think Azoth should up the dose in the future (especially for the price) but at least they are using the right form of choline. Also, while the dose could be higher, I have seen a lot of supplements with 100-200mg of Alpha-GPC trying to claim the benefits found in the scientific studies which used 3-6x the amount and that is just misleading - at least 300mg has anecdotally been found to produce some of the benefits (probably to a lesser degree though) found in the studies.

Ashwagandha root is a well known adaptogen that has been shown to reduce social anxiety, cortisol production, stress, "bad" cholesterol (LDL-C), blood glucose levels, symptoms of depression, blood pressure (moderate effects), FSH production (statistically significant effects), and Triglycerides, and increase power output, "good" cholesterol (HDL-C), LH production, seminal motility and quality, and hemoglobin production. There a ton of other purported benefits that I didn't mention because there isn't sufficient evidence to support their existence but that doesn't mean you won't experience them. Likewise, you may not experience all of the above benefits, but most of them have some scientific backing and commonly reported with ashwagandha root supplementation. While an optimal dose is 6 grams, common dosages are 300mg-500mg for cost purposes. This just meets the mark. At such a dose I wouldn't expect to see all of the benefits listed above but since anxiety-related effects have been reported at 50mg-100mg, this should be enough for nootropic purposes. Furthermore, Azoth uses the patented KSM-66 form which is supposed to be the best and most studied form so big props for that!

Phenylpiracetam is basically piracetam with a phenyl group added. Apparently that added phenyl group increases the neuro-protective qualities of piracetam. Phenylpiracetam has been show to improve cognition for people in cognitive decline, increase the rate of stroke recovery, and stave off cognitive decline. Although there isn't really much evidence out there to show it helps otherwise healthy persons, I think the leap of faith [that this will help otherwise healthy people] is relatively common throughout the supplement industry so I certainly understand its inclusion in Azoth. Doses are usually 100-200mg up to 3x a day for a upper limit of 600mg. At 150mg this seems to be the ideal compromise and high enough to see potential benefits.

Octodrine or DMHA is best known as the preferred replacement for 1,3 DMAA, albeit a bit weaker. It is likely included for its stimulatory effects. Additionally it boosts dopamine and noradrenaline uptake and slows their reuptake which helps promote subjective well-being. PricePlow notes that it may also have antibacterial and antifungal properties (cool!). The "goldilocks" dose is anywhere from 100-150mg so at 100mg this is just enough.

Hordenine may have stimulatory and fat burning effects. It is also purported to be a noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor. There's not a lot of evidence backing up these effects but, again, sometimes you have to make a leap of faith and with everything else in here I don't mind making that leap as even if it has no effects, I think it could hurt to take it. I couldn't really find much on how much hordenine to take so based on everything else, I'll assume this is the lower end of a common dose.

Huperzine-A is an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. In other words, it blocks the enzyme that breaks down acetylcholine which results in greater acetylcholine concentrations. As a neurotransmitter, it should help with cognition, focus, mood, and memory. Typical doses range from 50mcg-200mcg which factors out 0.05mg to 0.2mg. At 1% of 10mg there is 0.1mg (100mcg) in Azoth which is a decent dose.

Noopept, or N-Phenyacetyl-L-Prolylglycine ethyl ester, is thought to have similar effects to piracetam as well as psychostimulatory and neuro-protective benefits. However, like with piracetam, the cognitive benefits were found in people with cognitive deficiencies. According to Examine, Noopept has more promise with benefitting otherwise healthy persons. Typical doses range from 10mg-30mg so Azoth has more than enough at 50mg. This is the most well-dosed ingredient in the profile.

Vinpocetine is thought to promote memory formation and blood flow to the brain, and help with cognitive decline. It has been shown to have neuro-protective benefits, reduce neural inflammation, and improve reaction time (in otherwise healthy people too!). Doses of 15mg-60mg are common with 30mg-45mg the suggested range for nootropic effects. At 15mg this is half the lowest extreme of the suggested range and the lowest extreme of the range for common doses. I'd like it at least to be 30mg but at least it meets the 15mg threshold.

Bioperine is the preferred patented form of black pepper extract. The scientific studies show results best results at 20mg of black pepper extract if I'm not mistaken but even as low as 5mg has shown to aid absorption. That being said, I'd like there to be at least 10mg but since the most common range that I see is 5mg-10mg this isn't unexpected. Moreover, this dose has been found to aid in absorption so at least this meets that threshold.

All in all, this is well dosed considering how many different ingredients there are (and in just 3 pills).
    Note: I relied on PricePlow and Examine for most of the ingredient information.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing-- 10/10
    The serving size is just 3 capsules and the suggested dose is anywhere from 1-3 capsules every other day, with 1-2 being for "optimal results" (that's a little confusing). I always took 3 a day except for once when I took 2. Mixability is inapplicable here. Similarly, there's no taste or aftertaste with these. The dosing is really easy to follow so I just took them with breakfast for that early morning boost to start the day right. A little plus is that the packaging is a resealable baggie.

This is really a standout nootropic product. Although it may have relatively low doses for most of the ingredients, I think the wide spectrum of ingredients really shines and contributes to the effectiveness. In short, I really enjoyed my experience with Azoth.

About 15-30 minutes after breakfast, I felt a noticeable boost in cognition. I felt more alert and just more "alive." I noticed I was quicker and sharper with tasks at work, more focused, and was just in an all-around better mood. These effects were really pronounced. I can confidently say I shaved off ~15 and possibly even 20 minutes off my usual morning tasks, and I could have probably shaved off even more if I had longer assignments in the morning. Additionally, I felt synergistic effects with caffeine. I started using Azoth when I was just drinking a single K cup at work but I wound up deciding I needed 2 K cups to get through the work-time slog. Unsurprisingly, the synergistic effects were only amplified with more caffeine. I suggest starting with lower amounts of caffeine and working your way up if you are stimulant sensitive since this has DMHA in it. I should note that my caffeine consumption was about 1 hour after taking Azoth.

I can't really say express how good I felt while taking this or just how much sharper I felt. I can't imagine what it would have been like if most of these ingredients were dosed at the upper ranges - maybe it'd be like NZT-48 (from Limitless) lol. I definitely suggest you try it out for yourself!

The value and availability is where Azoth takes a huge hit. As far as I know, it can only be found on Azoth's website. It's listed for $44.95 for 30 capsules (10 servings-20 days). It is apparently marked down from $79.99 but I think this is one of the cases where the MSRP is marked higher so it feels like you are getting a better deal despite this always being the price. No big deal, everyone does it. Still, at $44.95 it factors out to $4.50 a serving or every 2 days. That's a lot to pay for a nootropic when their are a lot cheaper options out there. They may not be as well-rounded or well-dosed and you may not experience all the effects that I got from this with cheaper options but at least you could afford to take it and get some benefit rather than none. At this price point it is truly a luxury supplement. Now to be fair, you can use PLOW40 for 40% off 1 or PLOW50FOR1 for BOGO and that drops it to $26.97 or $22.475 a container which factors out to ~$2.70 and ~$2.30 which isn't bad but is still not great. Since I don't know how long those coupons will be good for I have to go by the $4.50 value. I guess to some extent you get what you pay for but there's no way around it - this is a lot of dough.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking Azoth.

Conclusion

8.5/10
    Ultimately, this is an outstanding product. I highly suggest trying it, especially while the PricePlow coupons are active. I have a feeling this will be one of the best nootropics I will have tried (this is my second experience with the category). Unfortunately, the value really hurts the overall rating of this product.

I got to 8.5 by averaging the "Ingredient Profile," "Effectiveness," and "Value" categories as they were most relevant here. I then added a full point because I enjoyed my experience (i.e. the "Effectiveness") that much!
    bctuthill
    TROOPer Level: 35
      March 21, 2017

Thanks to AZÖTH for sending it out!

Thank you to Azoth LLC for participating in the troops program and giving us a chance to try out their new (loaded-up) nootropic! This was a really interesting supplement to take. It was very effective at increasing focus, and improving an overall feeling of well-being and calm. Unfortunately, I do have some concerns with the legitimacy of the ingredient disclosures that I'll get into later on. I also noticed that I'd crash a few hours after taking this, and since every other day dosing is recommended with a disclaimer for dosing no more than once every 24 hours, a crash is tough to handle.

This list might be a bit overkill, but Azoth provides a fully disclosed label, so I think it's worthwhile to breakdown the effects of each ingredient. Actual label is posted in the images. Most of this information is pulled from Examine.com, and done so because it's an unaffiliated site I trust and that shows not only what studies have been conducted and their results, but the level of quality for those studies-including whether they include things like double-blind research.

Acetyl Tyrosine - Useful for stimulating the production of noradrenaline and dopamine. The intended effects include increases in cognition, memory, and an overall feeling of well-being, as well as a reduction in stress. Studies have been done that show the effects are minor or minimal.
    Alpha-GPC - According to at least one double-blind study or multiple cohort studies, Alpha-GPC has demonstrated a notable increase in power output, and a notable decrease in cognitive decline and the symptoms of Alzheimer's. They have also suggested a minimal increase in free circulating growth hormone.
    Ashwaganha Root- This is like a miracle drug. Notably effective in the reduction of anxiety, stress, cholesterol and cortisol, and the increase of overall power output; as well as minor effects on a litany of other things, including testosterone levels, fat loss, sperm count, insomnia, immunity, ... the list goes on.
    Phenylpiracetam- Banned by the world doping agency for its effects as a psychostimulant and cold resistance, it's been studied to show minor effects on cognition and reducing depression.
    Octodrine (DMHA)- The "new" DMAA, supposedly 80% the strength of DMAA and effective for increasing focus and energy levels.
    Hordenine HCL- minimal research has been conducted, but what has been done has shown a positive tendency for burning fat and stimulating energy production/focus. It is a naturally derived ingredient found in many plants and is a chemical analog of tyramine.
    Noopept (GVS-111)- A more potent form of piracetam, and taken for similar intentions. It should provide a minimal boost in cognition and serve as a minor psychostimulant.
    Vinpocetine- Also under-researched, but showing minimal positive effects related to increasing blood flow, and decreasing cognitive decline while possibly providing a cognitive boost in healthy users.
    Huperzine A- Another cognitive enhancer, and one that may actually require cycling.
    Bioperine- usually used for enhancing absorption, but dosed at 1/4 of the recommended amount for the effect.

Altogether this is a hell of a stack of ingredients that all have similar effects on cognition and overall well-being. I'd expect a profile like this for the price. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how legitimate the disclosures really are. On Azoth's website they offer a certificate of analysis. I decided to take them up on their offer and requested a copy. Response time was prompt and I received the CoA from Prady, Azoth's CEO, within 24-hours. On paper, the results of the analysis were pretty incredible: every ingredient came back at nearly exactly the stated amount on the ingredient label. The results were so good, it actually made me a bit leery-which is when I noticed the CoA didn't have a header to say who ran the test. I followed up with Prady, and again he responded quickly that Colmaric Analyticals did the test. So, I emailed Colmaric and sent them my copy of the CoA so they could verify the testing. Unfortunately, the guy who responded said he couldn't determine whether they'd done the test or not; and that the company would normally put their logo on a CoA as a header, as well as the name of the company the testing was done for. This document had neither. I followed up with Prady again, he told me he verified with the manufacturer that it was batch tested, that they do a large volume of orders, and that they're slow to respond. Still, I haven't seen anything to verify the claim.

I suppose this could be an issue for some, but maybe not for others. For me personally, I want to know what I'm ingesting-especially when it comes to supplements that have an effect on the way your brain operates. Prady was very friendly and I am inclined to believe him (otherwise why offer the analysis at all), but it still concerns me a bit. Certificate of Analysis is posted in images. You'll notice the testing results are represented as 1 pill versus 1 serving (3 pills).

3-pills every 24 hours, or every other day.

Azoth is no placebo. This stuff works. There were several key areas where I saw it have an impact:

1. Focus. No joke-level focus. Not quite on par with Adderall, but really not far off. I'm saying this as someone whose taken it by prescription for years. Very difficult to become distracted, but if it happens, expect to have zero patience for it and be a bit irritable towards the offender
    2. Anxiety/Stress. Big drop in both. There was an overall feeling of well-being when taking this. Even when I got irritated from someone interrupting my laser-like focus, I calmed down fast and never lost my temper. There was just a constant sense of calm.
    3. Thermogenic effects. It's not disclosed anywhere and I am not sure what ingredient would be responsible for it, but every time I took this my body temperature increased, I started to sweat a bit, and got rosacea across my chest, neck and cheeks. My guess is that this is from either the Bioperine or Vinpocetine.

Currently on sale at seekingazoth.com for $44.95, marked down from $79.99. In my opinion, the regular price is extremely expensive. Mind you, this is for 10 servings-not 30! So you're looking at $8/serving at full price or $4.50/serving on sale. That's above the industry average, but if you can afford it, you're getting a powerful nootropic.

Side Effects

Minor burning sensation in my throat a few times shortly after taking it. (Nothing terrible)
    Crash after 3-hours or so.

Conclusion

Overall I think Azoth is a high quality nootropic that might end up having very devout followers, but for the price, I probably won't be one of them. Also because of the crash I experienced every time I took it. The confusion with the certificate of analysis concerns me as well, but I do trust Prady since the information was volunteered on his end first. I'd recommend anyone give this a shot, as it certainly wouldn't be money wasted.
    • Crash
    Momo1
    TROOPer Level: 63
      March 21, 2017

Thanks to AZÖTH for sending it out!
    What's up SR! I would like to start off by giving Azoth, LLC and the Trooper program a big thank you for the opportunity to run Azoth, a Nootropic supplement. The past two months have been a mental beating, dealing with work and studying for my Real Estate License, I felt like I was burning the candle at both ends. I normally take a Nootropic supplement to help me get by; however, when I saw Azoth come up for the Troopers and saw the profile, I jumped on the opportunity. Did Azoth help me past the test? Please continue and find out...

Right off the back, kudos for Azoth being fully transparent, all of the ingredients are fully disclosed. I have to say, the way all of the goodies in Azoth are put together is like having a Nootropic supplement on steroids! I want to touch base on a couple of the Goodies:

Aplha GPC - There is 300 mg, which is known as the "Learning Neurotransmitter" and it has been shown to enhance post workout GH levels.

Phenylpiracetam - There is 150 mg, which is a strong Nootropic very similar to Piracetam; this is what helps increase that elevating mood feeling for those who have used Piracetam in the past.

DMHA - There is 100 mg, which this is DMAA little cousin. I was surprise to find that amount of DMHA in a Nootropic agent; the old Lecheeck Nootropic product, which has been long gone and I enjoyed, contained 100 mg of Amp Citrate along with 300 mg of caffeine.

Hordenine - There is 100 mg, which is known to help open one's bronchial, I noticed that my sinus were opened up, considering I suffer from allergies.

Taste - These are capsules, so there is nothing to taste

Mix - Nothing to mix, just pop and go

Dosing - This is where I enjoyed playing around with Azoth, it is recommended to start with 1 capsule before going to 3, due to the strength of Azoth; in the effectiveness portion of my review, I will note how I took Azoth.

Holy being able to see in 4D! Azoth is the real deal when it came to mental focus for me. I of course, being the stim junkie that I am, decided to take 3 capsules for the 1st dose. Wow, I should have listen to the 1 capsule recommendation. Within 10 mins of taking 3 capsules, I felt like I had the 1000 yard sight. My hearing was amplified, I could hear my VP talking crap about an employee 4 offices over, I am not kidding! I was able to finish not only my work in half the normal time, but was able to dedicate 3 hours of studying at work.

After my initial 3 capsules, the next time I took Azoth, I decided to break it down to 1 in the am and 1 before I started a project, which typically are assigned to me about 10am. I was very impressed at the feeling of joy and happiness I had while I was working. Some of my co-workers thought I was on crack or something; I never sing while I am working. My mind was very clear, I could see what I was looking for before I got to it; as an Anti-Money Compliance Officer, my job is to notice certain patterns in people accounts, I was able to pick up patterns faster than before. When it came to studying, I was able to read for longer periods of time and retain more information as I did self-check reviews.

Value - Azoth is only available currently at the company's website, just around $45.00; however, Azoth, LLC, does have nice promotions where you can get buy 1 get one free or 25% to 40% off, which is nice. Considering that there are only 10 servings, if you take them 10 days straight, yes, then the value is high; however, If you take on an off and when you really needed, I was able to make this last 30 days.

Side Effects

Sides - I was surprise not to have any sides, considering, I normally get insomnia when I take any product, which contains a chemical compound similar to DMAA. In addition, I did get a nice unexpected side, I had some appetite suppression when I would take this, I believe I may have lost 1 or 2 pounds on this :)

Conclusion

So, you are probably wondering, I was able to pass my Texas Real Estate License Exam? Thanks to Azoth, I did and was done in 1 hour; I took a full dose, from the order I placed, to take the test!

In my opinion, Azoth has separated themselves from the rest of the pack when it comes to Nootropic agents. The mixture of ingredients work great together; however, for those who may be sensitive to supplements that contain stimulants, then I would recommend not to exceed 2 capsules per serving. Azoth has been added to my supplement regiment and for anyone who is studying for finals, have work projects, or just want to feel great and focus, then give Azoth a try!
    Clipper83
    TROOPer Level: 55
      March 20, 2017

Thanks to AZÖTH for sending it out!
    I've been really interested in nootropics lately. With my attention span being that of a rodent, staying on task at work gets difficult, especially when I have many different things to look after. When I saw Azoth, I looked at the profile and thought I'd give it a try.

Ingredient Profile:

To start, Azoth has a high dose of DMHA at 100mg. This is a relatively new ingredient, but it gets good reviews and after trying other product with it, I can honestly say I like it more than DMAA. Along with DMHA you can find an array of nootropics such as N-A-Tyrosine, Alpha GPC, Vinpocetine, Phenylpiracetam, Noopept,and Huperzine. These are all dosed very well, and I like how they did not add caffeine to this, since I prefer to drink mine whether it be from coffee, energy drinks, or thermogenics.

Although I like Ashwaganda, I'm not sure whether or not the one in Azoth is standardized(KSM-66 for instance). Still like the addition though.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing:

3 pills a day, when you need it. Easy enough.

Effectiveness:(9/10)

Well, can't lie, there was a very noticeable difference while on Azoth. With my 1.5 drive to work, it would kick in without fail every time. I noticed a huge increase in alertness. While that was great, I noticed I was a lot more efficient at work. Not getting distracted, not randomly browsing the internet, rarely checking my phone... just getting tasks done.

With work getting busier by the week, this came at the right time because I felt a lot more motivated to get everything done early instead of waiting until the end of the week like I sometimes do.

Another note is that it worked well throughout the day, instead of just tapering off after an hour or so. I wouldn't even need caffeine to function while on Azoth, so that was pretty cool.

So, Azoth delivered on focus, alertness, overall well-being... everything that a good nootropic is supposed to do.

Value:(7.6/10)

This is where Azoth may turn some people off. For around $45 for 10 servings, it is quite high. However, since you're supposed to take this every few days or as needed, it's not awful. If you need only 1 pill at a time, you are golden, but I'm basing this off of 10 servings.

There is a coupon code for 50% off, which makes this worth trying for sure.

Side Effects

I experienced some lightheadedness on days after I took Azoth.

Conclusion:(8.5/10)

Azoth is a great product, in terms of effectiveness. The profile speaks for itself.

If you can get Azoth at 50% off, it is a must try if you like nootropics, or even if you're just curious. At $45, is more of an option for people who are looking for a big push in productivity and focus on days where they need it.