TRUNEGY - Pre Workout Reviews

By: AurumRX

TRUNEGY - Pre Workout is a Pre-Workout manufactured by AurumRX. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

July 21, 2017

• Basic Profile
  • Fully Disclosed Ingredient Label

For the second time in a row, ArumRX has put together a supplement that I thought would be OK then totally went above and beyond my expectations-- especially in the flavor department. They're a relative newcomer out of Staten Island and I've really enjoyed both products I've tested by them. While taking this, I used 95%(ish) as a PWO for my morning lifts, then brought it to the office with me to finish as a replacement for coffee. It really shined in both settings and the thermogenic effects were off the charts when truly isolated.

Each scoop contains 175mg of caffeine, 1g Beta Alanine, 1500mg Carnitine (50% Tartrate), and a proprietary blend with Tyrosine, Green Tea, and Yohimbe.

One thing I think would actually be nice is if they scaled BACK the caffeine and carnitine per scoop. If you had 150mg caffeine and 500mg Carnitine in each scoop, you could actually do a 3 scoop serving like the old NOXplode and max out at 450mg of caffeine and stay at 1500mg of Carnitine, but with an effective 3g Beta Alanine serving. Just a thought though. It would be nice to have closer to 3g of the BA there.

Dosing: 1 scoop standalone, or 2 scoops 20 minutes before a workout
    Mixability was great. Never any settling after a few shakes.
    Taste was incredible. In my opinion, lemonade flavored supplement powders usually suck. But this one was delicious. I believe the raspberry lemonade is their only flavor and that's fine by me. I'd order it again. I actually gave a buddy a scoop one day too and he said it might be the best tasting thing he's ever had-- period. It's that pineapple fruit powder man, I'm telling you. Everyone else needs to get on that wagon!!

In all honesty, I was not looking forward to starting this. I was just coming off of Fulcrum by Vaxxen labs which just had a laundry list of pump stuff, stim stuff, brain stuff, you name it. I just didn't think it could compare-- it was a tough act to follow to say the least. But it killed it! It was the most clean unadulterated PWO experience I've had in a long time. The thermogenic was very effective and I had a great sweat going every session. The caffeine was just straight anhydrous and hits you straight away, and with just 2g at 2 scoops I was definitely able to feel the tingles from the beta alanine. I wouldn't say I had the crazy pumps that come along with a citrulline laden PWO, nor the recovery time, but despite those ingredients not being included I still got great workouts in. I think the yohimbe and beta alanine really were able to standout without competition from a host of other ingredients.

Since the ingredient panel is so simple, I also used this as a replacement for coffee on a few occasions and loved it. I immediately felt the thermogenics kick in within 5 minutes, and energy spiked quickly. It stuck around most of the day, and while it did have a slight crash, it wasn't overwhelming like it can be with DMAA/DMHA.

Right now this is for sale on Amazon for 29.99. You're really going to want to do 2 scoops in most settings, so it breaks down to about $1/serving. I think that's actually a *little* high for such a simple ingredient panel, but it honestly tastes so good and was effective enough that I'm hesitant to complain at all. I think it's worthwhile. If you're able to do just 1 scoop, it's a steal. $.50/serving. Boom.

Side Effects

Nada. Nice thing about the simple ingredient panel-- nothing to send you running back to the locker room.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I'm really enjoying this new brand label and can't wait to see what else they come out with. This flagship PWO would be a great option for anyone, especially cardio-focused athletes looking for something that won't cause cramping. I highly recommend you give it a shot!

July 11, 2017

• Basic Profile

Trunegy stood out to me when I saw it on the TROOP dashboard because of it's simplicity. Supplements seem to be getting pretty crazy lately with plethoras of ingredients that do God knows what. I liked the very basic ingredients that are in this product and wanted to give it a try. Thanks to AurumRX for sending it out and participating in the TROOP program.

Trunegy has kind of a half disclosed, half prop blend label. My annoyance with prop blends and stim products is when they don't disclose the amount of caffeine. Luckily, AurumRX does tell us that each scoop has 150mg of caffeine. They also disclose 1g of beta alanine, 750mg of L-Carnitine Tartrate and 750mg of L-Carnitine. The prop blend, called the Trunegy Focus Blend, contains 552.5 mg. It has L-Tyrosine, Green Tea Leaf Extract and Yohimbe Bark Extract. Overall, this is a very basic profile that could definitely help you through a workout. Personally, I like this profile better for a morning time fat burner.

I received the Raspberry Lemonade flavor and found it pleasant. It was a little on the sweet side, but the flavor was solid. I usually used two scoops since I am a big fan of my stims. The mixability was fine with minimal residue. I did notice that it mixes very cloudy, but that's not really an issue.

The instructions on the container say to start with one scoop, but the directions I got from the rep said to go right to 2 scoops. One scoop might be ok for a beginner, but I think in reality this is a 2 scooper. But that is ok because there are 60 scoops in one container so it all works out. I used it 20-30 minutes before some workouts like I always do with a PWO.

As a PWO, Trunegy was just OK. But only at 2 scoops. I didn't really get anything out of one scoop. With 2 scoops, I got the boost in energy and it got me through my workouts with minimal crash as advertised. I think the lack of crash has a little to do with how basic the ingredients are. The 300mg of caffeine got me through my workouts with average focus. It was definitely nothing crazy. I didn't really notice much in terms of pump despite the beta alanine that is included in Trunegy. If you have read any of my other reviews though, you might know that I don't usually respond to pump products anyway. Basically I just had enough of a boost in energy to get me through my workout without fading. I saw no major increase in strength, stamina or recovery. With all that being said, I really think this product has a better fit as a fat burner. There were many times where I used it upon waking on an empty stomach. It gave me a nice morning boost and had a little bit of an appetite curbing effect. Minus the beta alanine, I really like this profile more for a weight loss product. I never experienced a crash and the energy boost was not over the top. Just a nice, smooth boost.

Each container has 60 scoops and costs $29.99. Pretty average value here. At 2 scoops you will still have yourself a 30 day supply plus you have the advantage of just using one scoop occasionally if you just need a very minor boost in energy.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Well I still will recommend this product as I did enjoy using it and really like how basic it is. Like I said already though, I think it might serve a better purpose as a weight loss product, and be a pretty good one at that. As a PWO, its probably good for someone who is new to using workout products. Big thanks to AurumRX for getting this product out for a few of us to try. I may actually buy some more based on how much I liked having it upon waking instead of coffee. Thanks for reading!
      • Raspberry Lemonade: 8/10

Overall
      Overall
      6.8
      6.7
      6.6
        June 12, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Increased Focus
      • Jitters
      • Increase Heart Rate At 2 Scoops
      What's up SR, my apologies to all for the delay on posting my review for Trunegy by AurumRX; being dealing with some personal issues. Before I get into my review, I would like to thank AurumRX and the Trooper program for allowing to run their pre-workout Trunegy. Due to my crazy work schedule, I was in the market for a pre-workout that I could take in the evenings. After reviewing the product label for Trunegy, I wanted to give it a run.

The label is 75% fully disclosed, expect for the Trunegy focus blend, which contains Yohimbe Bark, Green Tea, and L-Tyrosine. There is 1 gram of Beta Alanine, along with L-Carnitine Tartrate, and 150 mg grams of Caffeine. I would have liked to know the exact amount of Yohimbe, since there are a number of people who use Yohimbe, who get jitters and heart palpitations when taking high doses.

The taste on this was not bad, I received the Raspberry Lemonade flavor; to me, taste is not a key factor for me, as long as the product works.

Mixing, this mixed well for me, sometimes I would get a little settlement when I mixed it with coconut water.

Dosing, this is where I had to play with it, since I am stim junky; however, I was using Trunegy for mainly evening workouts, so I gauged the dosing. There are 60 servings, but the rep advised that to use 2 servings to get an extra kick; I will break down the effects on the difference between 1 scoop and 2 scoops in the effectiveness section.

As far the effects from Trunegy, at one scoops, I was able to feel a kick, nothing to write home about, which is the reason why my title says, good beginners pre-workout. It was the similar effect as some of the brands out there who have amino products with caffeine in it. To me 1 scoop was perfect for cardio days.

At two scoops, I was able to feel Trunegy work well, the tingles from the Beta Alanine were stronger and at 2 scoops, you are getting 300 mg of caffeine. I was able to doing some good compound movement workouts and I noticed my focus was increased. Now, the only drawback for me on 2 scoops was the Yohimbe, which is the reason I mentioned we should know how much of it is in Trunegy. When I would do cardio to start my workout, at 2 scoops, I felt a little jittery and my heart rate when up a bit higher than normal; this went away as soon as I slowed down from my run. The additional Yohimbe did not affect my heart rate when doing weight training.

Trunegy at the moment is only available on the company's website for $39.99; this is not bad considering that even at 2 scoops, you still get 30 servings.

Side Effects

Possible jitters and elevated heart rate on two scoops if you are sensitive to Yohimbe

Conclusion

At the end of my run, I would have rated Trunegy a bit higher if it were not for the sides I got from it. Trunegy is a good based platform for a pre-workout for beginners and those who are not affected by the sides of higher doses of Yohimbe; however, with all the completion out there, I would recommend dropping the price point to under $33.00 to be competitive with other brands. I would like thank AurumRX for the opportunity.