SuperSize Reviews

By: Athletic Xtreme

SuperSize is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Athletic Xtreme. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

March 10, 2014

• Could Use More Flavors
  • Doesn't Mix That Well
This is my first review, so bare with me.

First, I would like to address the kind of workout I did while using this product. The training was mainly strength training with some HITT as well.
My reps tend to be lower(3-6 range) with five or six sets. I stacked this with USP Labs Modern BCAA + as my intraworkout, and a mixture of 1 scoop of Bio-Rhythm Afterglow(Keep cost down) and 1/2 scoop Muscle Pharm ReCon (Works great by the way.

I was looking for a repacement for DS Craze and I came accross this on a1supplements.com for $19.99 for 45 servings. So I figured I can't lose with that price, I took 3 scoops which brings the total servings down to 15. I used it three times a week so it lasted me 5 weeks.

Ingredient Profile(9/10):For the most part its all the standard ingredients, HPLC Pure Creatine Monohydrate (1.5g), leucine Nitrate, Disdium ATP, caffeine, Haplophyllum Tuberulatum Extract [Whole Plant] Standardized For P-Phenethylbenzamide, Theobromine, Neuropeplide Alpha [Peptide Bonded Tyrosine and PEA (Tyrosine-Phenethylamine Peptide
^Taken off of the Athletic Xtreme page.
The combonation of caffeine and the PEA seems to really get the focus going.

Mixability/Texture(7/10): It mixes okay, still had a powdery residue on in the water I mixed it with.
Its an absolute must to use warm water to get it to mix correctly.

Taste(7/10): They tried. However it can get a little hard to deal with the sour taste it leaves behind, but I typically shot my pwo anyways. So I don't really notice.

Effectiveness(10/10): I'm going to break this down into three categories focus, pump and strenght.

Focus(9.5/10) I had used Craze and Jack3d Original Formula before this and to my surprise the outdid them both in terms on focus. Craze would get me zoned in like no other until I tried SuperSize. Jack3d made me aggressive but I did not like the side effects as it made me jittery and anxious. Supersize has the focus and aggression without the nasty side effects.

Pumps(9/10): Personally I could care less about pump, I'm more into the focus aspect of the product. However this product blew me up. My arms look alot bigger and I had veins popping where I didn't know there were any. So the pumps were great.

Strength(9.5/10): First time I took three scoops I broke my bench PR by 20lbs and Squat PR by 50lbs. Now that seems like a lot, it just had me in the zone. I focused on my movements which helps engage the muscles for more output.

Price(10/10): Can't beat $19.99 for a good pwo. Most hang around $30-$40, so the price tag is a reason by itself to like this product.

In conclusion, I just started on my second bottle and it still works great. The effects haven't worn off at all. I got 4 more weeks on this before I take a break from stimulates and this will be the pre workout I use after the break as well.

Since this was my first review, any critiques or suggestions to improve my next reviews are appreciated.

September 18, 2013

• Great Pumps
    I just finished my container of SuperSize and I was pleasantly surprised. First off let me say I have tried all sorts of pre-workouts from NoXplode, Juggernaut, HyperFX, NanoVapor and on, and on. This one worked especially well for me for lots of reasons.
    First off it is in a powder form. For me that is essential! I love to adjust my dose. The flavor was lemonade. Perfect for me. It mixes well and disappears in your water with no chunky to choke down. Not too sweet and not too strong or bitter which, as you know, is rare. Most pre-workouts taste pretty strong to me and this was so easy to take down. Big thumbs up for me there.
    I did not get any crazy jitters either. I want the pump, the energy, but not the jacked-up shakes. So this product delivered there as well.
    I train 6 days a week, 30-45 mins fairly intense cardio and lift two body parts a day. This kept me going strong. I workout in the am and have two little kids that keep me going all day. I can not afford a product that gives me a crash effect later in the day which does happen sometimes! I do not recall ever getting that tired feeling in the afternoon so it's effects on me were good. Sustained. Good energy for the workout and endurance to get through my day.
    I am on a budget so the price point is one thing that got my attention right away. Some days I only needed one scoop and a few days when I felt I needed more, I took two. The does for this product is 1-3 scoops. So its hard to say how long one container will last you.
    I am planning on using it again. I would like to say I had some muscle growth too, but after a bit longer I may know more. It takes me forever to build muscle on my small frame! My diet is good and clean, weighted out and timed. Pretty strict so I am sure that helps too.

So I would give the following ratings:
    Increased Energy: 9/10
    Focus : 9/10
    Good Value : 10/10
    Good Pumps : 9/10

July 14, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Focus/tunnel Vision
    • Clean Energy
    • Good Pumps
    • Feel A Bit Munt If You Dont Get To Training In Time
    Hi Guys,

First review from me, been reading the site for a while and thought i'd chuck in my own 2 cents for once.

Thanks to Pump Nutrition for importing all AX supps to Australia, due to some of our own TGA restrictions we dont get the goodies you guys get in the USA, which makes it difficult to assess how 'good' a supp really is when you dont have a full spectrum to compare it against. Pump have been good enough to give me plenty of AX samples and t-shirts, shaker bottles etc over the years so i've built up a good understanding of how their products work.

Supersize was sold to me as a 'no-crash' preworkout, among other things. Now I dont normally get sold on taking a pre-workout with such small servings (initial recommended is 4g of which 1.5g is creatine) but when you get thrown a free tub why not give it a shot. I dont feel I need to go into detail about the ingredients as the boys below have done a great job on it.

VALUE: 6/10

You guys in the USA are lucky with the price of your preworkouts. Over here we pay north of $70 for a tub of Napalm (assume our dollar is worth about the same as yours). I think this will be selling here for around $40-50 a tub, which is expensive by US standards but normal for us, hence the 'middle of the road' value.

EFFECTIVENESS: 8/10

Take some of this stuff and I felt it working from about 10-15mins in. Not a hard hit but a focused hit. It worked well from the first to the last serving in the container. I started on 1 scoop but didnt feel much, upped it slowly until I was over 2 scoops which made me feel rubbish, and ended up settling on 1.5 scoops per serving. I havent heard anyone else mention this in their reviews but I had a very small window between taking this and getting to the gym and starting my workout. I am not an over-stim sensitive person, but Supersize required 10-15mins to start working, but if I took more than 20-25mins to get to the gym from the time I took it my stomach would go all funny and i'd begin to get pressure headaches and feel a bit nauseous. This stopped as soon as I started working out, but it was a bit worrying feeling like *** on the way to the gym. Get the timing right though and I had no problems.

I got good energy and a clean focus from this. Put my hoodie on and I had excellent tunnel-vision which really helped out on the big sets. I did not lose much intensity throughout the workout, something that does happen to me after a couple of weeks on Napalm/Jack3d/Noxipro etc. Pumps were nothing special, but at the moment im doing 4 x 5 workouts so not high reps so i dont really expect a big pump.

It's claimed to not have a crash, or as bad a crash as some pre-workouts, and I found this to be true. Normally i'll finish up my workout, have a protein/carb/BCAA drink then get home and eat a massive meal about 1 hour later. A bad pre-workout makes me want to sleep within 30-45minutes. This product did not.

OVERALL: 7/10

For the price and the amount of servings you get, this is a good preworkout with minimal to no crash and a good clean energy focus. These sorts of products are a dime a dozen on the market at the moment, but being in Australia our sample size to choose from is limited. That being said Supersize has some advantages for me over other pre-workouts.

NOTE: I did not post up anything about mixing/taste because I dont believe that matters. It's a pre-workout, dont be a *** and just slam it down.

Thanks guys I hope to submit more reviews in the future, i've got a lot of products lined up at the moment.

May 28, 2012

• Great Pumps
      A big thank you to Athletic Xtreme and Emekaokamor for allowing me to try out this product. I used this product as apart of my final month transformation for football and the results were amazing. However since I got this product free I won't let that influence my rating and will review this product straight down the middle.

Profile: SuperSize Prop Blend- 2700mg
      HPLC Pure Creatine Mono(1.5g), leucine nitrate, disodium ATP, caffeine, haplopphyllum tuberculatum extract(whole plant)(standerdized for P-Phenethylbenzamide, theobromine, neuropeptide alpha[peptide bonded tyrosine and PEA(tyrosine-phenethylamine peptide)}

Supersize utilizes a prop blend which I've become used to, so no big knock on that. I've become a fan of the Leucine Nitrate and like my PWO to have creatine in it. This has 1.5 creatine mono which they actually show and that may not be much but it helps my main creatine product last longer because I dont have to use the whole dosage of that.

Taste: 8/10: The 1st time I tried this, I hated it. But it grew on me and I actually learned to like it. The taste is a tad strong but once you get used to it, it has a smooth, lemony taste to it

Effectiveness 8.5/10

Energy 4/10: I'll start off with the bad first. I got little energy from this product. I found myself lifting more (which I will get into later) and that may have played a factor in me fatiguing faster but that "Fast Acting Energy" never came for me

Mental Focus: 9.5/10: The Good!! When I took this, I was dialed in!!! I was killin the weights and I normally don't get too excited about much anymore but I was happy with what I was doing in the gym. I felt like an absolute beast in the gym. I had little patience for anything, including those 145lb Frat Brats in my way and I darn near took out my frustrations on them but luckily I had weights to kill instead lol

Pump: 9.5/10: I thought about giving this a 10 but I was takin D-pol as well so I can't give Supersize all the credit. But I will give it credit where its due. I normally dont get a pump...at least a decent one. So I can never relate to others when they talk about skin tearing pumps. But I did on this. Which leads me into..

Strength 10/10: My whole stack and routine helped my strength increase but once I was dialed in I felt this product helped my lifts increase as well. Nothing monumental but I was able to move heavier weights easier. Being off Supersize for a while, I sure miss that feeling lol.

Value 10/10: This product costs aroound $25 and lasts around 45 days. I actually found that 1 scoop was effective enough for me. I only took 1 1/2 scoops for really hard workouts. This product seemed like it lasted longer than 45days for me and I ejoyed every bit of it.

Overall: Thers no secret that Assault (old Formula) is my favorite PWO. Assault gave me Great Endurance but no Pump. This product did the opposite. The pump was awesome and the mental focus was unreal. If I got the Endurance then this would be my new PWO of choice.

At first I thought this product would only supply me with false confidence but around week 3 thanks to this and my stack I started to like the way I looked more and more. Deadlift and shoulder days were the best and I will def try this again. The results I got for $25 (actually free lol) and the length this product lasts is totally worth it.

Thanks for reading guys and have a Happy Memorial Day

May 5, 2012

• Good Pumps
        As always, big thanx to the Athletic Xtreme board reps especially to big emekaokamor. I do consider myself very lucky to have been given the opportunity to try out various products from various companies, for little more than a journal/log and a review.

Being that I only really had one journal (Kevo's) to base my experience off of, I had next to no idea on what to really expect. That being said, I was very pleasantly surprised in what Super Size had to offer. It did the job day-in-day-out, & I can definitely see myself buying Super Size again.

*NOTE
        Since the tub reminded me so much of USP Labs' Jack3d, most of my comparisons will be against Jack3d.

PROFILE: B
        It's a simple profile, but it does deliver.

The profile in of itself is pretty much standard, various stimulants mixed with some form of creatine (monohydrate more times than not). Super Size does offer 160mg of Vitamin C per scoop, which Jack3d does not. In all honesty, I don't recall if other pre-workouts I've tried do. So, it does differentiate itself from others (proprietary blends not included). But ah, the prop blend. As compared to Jack3d, Super Size offers less of a prop blend in terms of pure numbers (2700mg for SS to 4145mg for Jack3d). One area that is cleared up though, is the amount of creatine per serving. Super Size offers 1.5g per scoop while Jack3d remains largely unknown. The prop blends look similar for the most part, with Super Size offering some extra ingredients. One omission that I noticed was the absence of DMAA. In days past this would've been no real issue, but considering recent events who knows? It should be noted though.

Overall it's a rather typical profile IMO, but it does work. Super Size has a few wrinkles here & there, though.

TASTE: C
        I received the "Smooth Lemon" or something to that affect. It most definitely had a lemon flavour, but it was hardly smooth. One scoop in around 10oz water was alright, but any more scoops or less water made the taste just too strong IMO. It wasn't off-putting, but I would find myself drowning the scoops with water. However, you do get used to it. My sister put it best:
        "You get used to it. Doesn't mean it tastes any better, but you get used to it."

MIXABILITY: B
        It mixed up well enough. Again, I usually used 10+oz of water, & a those levels anything mixes up fairly well. I did have some issues at times with trace amounts of "grit" towards the end, but those are problems most powders have.

EFFECTIVENESS: A
        Overall Super Size performed quite admirably. Not quite Muscle Marinade level, but definitely on par with Jack3d.

My stack during my run of Super Size consisted of:
        Various vitamins
        Modern BCAA
        Betagen (in the beginning)
        Intratest Extreme (towards the end)
        Testadrol X9 (towards the end)

I typically took my serving(s) about 20min-30min before a given workout, generally on an empty stomach.
        Energy was always good, even at one scoop. Nice & clean, not real jitters to speak of at any point even at 3 scoops. I wasn't quite the PR setting machine I was on Muscle Marinade, but workouts were crisp & efficient. I had no problems completing reps or hitting goal weights, & the energy levels wouldn't dip towards the end of my workouts.

Mental focus was definitely "heightened," as I would notice quite easily if I was loose in form on a given lift. It wasn't raised considerable levels (more of a "me" issue), but I would definitely notice tings I typically don't. This was quite apparent during bench press attempts, as I would constantly try to fit scapulas onto a rather skinny bench.

Pumps were good, but long lasting. The tub claims they last up to 8 hours, of which I do have my doubts. However, I would definitely say the pumps lasted the vast majority of the day. Not the 8 hours, but close to it.

VALUE: B
        Super Size will cost you about $25, give or take. Not a bad deal, considering that is what most pre-workouts go for. Given there is 45 single-scoop servings, it's not a bad deal at all.

OVERALL: B
        Super Size delivers, plain & simple. While it may not be the best out there, it certainly is up there IMO. The profile is basic but effective, the energy is good, & the price is about right. I have no problems recommending Super Size to anyone looking for something new.

May 3, 2012

• Pumps Were Hit Or Miss
        • Moderate Pumps At Best
        • Could Use More Flavors
        • Insufficient Proprietary Blend
        I recently got back on a cycle of stims after a four week off cycle, following my completion of Razor8. I decided to give this product a try because I was able to get a full tub from a gym buddy of mine who decided to cycle of stims for a while. I figured, what the hell, if the product doesn't work, no skin off my bones.

So anyway, let us get to my experience with this supplement. As many of you may already know, this is a pre-workout formulation intended for individuals who aren't fond of overly concentrated stim-based products. From what I heard, each serving contains about 75 mg of caffeine. However, I am not sure if this is true because it is in a proprietary blend. Now for the breakdown:

Taste/mixability (6): I believe the only flavor available for this product is lemon ice, which I found to be decent. However, I must say that it did leave me with somewhat of an unpleasant aftertaste. The mixability was okay with the exception of some occasional grittiness and small clumps.

Ingredient Profile (7): I gave this a seven because I am not much of a fan when companies use "proprietary" blends to list there ingredients. I would much rather prefer each ingredient to be listed separately with proper dosage labeling. Below is the general outline of Supersize's ingredients:

SuperSize Prop Blend- 2700mg

Before I continue I have a question: "Why list the amount of creatine, but leave everything else to guess?" At any rate, there is 1.5 g of creatine in this. This indicates that the remaining 1.2 g is essentially a blend of everything else that is listed. Aside of that, some of the ingredients to seem intriguing like the addition of leucine nitrate (as Kevo mentioned in his review). The additional ingredients have also been elicited to induce some stimulating and energy supporting effects. Overall, a seemingly decent ingredient profile, but not impressive compared to some others.

Effectiveness (7): The lucky seven clinches this area as well. Being a more stim tolerant individual I found that the max 3 scoop dosage was needed for me to feel any kind of benefits, but I expected this. I would take the 3 scoops of this product roughly 15 minutes before my workout since it did indeed appear to be more fast acting (clearly a plus for this product). The energy I got was clean and long lasting with good focus and moderate pumps. When I say moderate, its my way of indicating that the pumps were there, but not as good as I would have preferred. Still, the energy and focus were definitely there and long lasting.

Value (8): I got this product for free from a friend of mine, but I did research for the list price and it comes out to average in a range of about 22-30 dollars. There are 45 servings in each tub so if your a single scooper this could last you for quite sometime. Those who use multiple scoops such as myself will find that it does not last very long. Still, 22-30 dollars is not steep in my opinion.

Overall (7): This product failed to deliver results similar to my experience with Razor8. However, in all fairness it was not completely ineffective and did do the job it is intended to do. I personally would only recommend this to individuals looking for a pre-workout that is not so stim-heavy and who is not more stim tolerant such as myself. In the meantime, I will return to my undisputed favorite of all time; Razor8

April 8, 2012

Hey SR here is my review on Supersize
          First off I would like to give a big thanks to emekaokammor and the Athletic Xtreme team for giving me the chance to log this product for free. In all honesty I never heard of Athletic Xtreme until they gave us the opportunity to log this product, but I must say they have created a VERY good preworkout
          The think about Supersize is that are only 7 ingredients in the entire product, which is unusual as most pre workouts contain WAY too many.
          SuperSize Prop Blend- 2700mg
          I haven't seen any of this ingredients before in any preworkout (expect the creatine) So I was skeptical at first to see how it would work.
          Taste/Mix-9
          Since there is only one flavor its kind of hard to judge, but with about 8 oz of water it wasn't an over powering taste but a nice smooth lemonade taste. Mixing was no problem, give it a couple quick power shakes in your blender bottle and everything mixes well.
          Effectiveness- 9
          I have taken plenty of pre workouts before, some that give you that holy sh!t by heart is gonna explode feeling and some that I could probably fall asleep after taking. With supersize I got a nice clean high energy feeling. No anxiety feeling, but a smooth energy that lasted well past my workout (in some cases 2 hours long). There was no crash afterwards either. The mental focus I got from this was perfect, I would put my head phones in and it was time to DO WORK. I was dialed in on every set and was actually taking less time in between sets because all I wanted to do was lift. The pump I got from this was INSANE. Most of the pre workouts I took I couldn't achieve a pump from but within 20 minutes of taking it I could feel the pump in my biceps and forearms. Which is always a plus. Another aspect of Supersize that I liked is that you just don't experience these things in the first couple dosages you take. I got these every time I took the product but I had to figure out the perfect dosage. I found that 2 scoops was perfect. One scoop I didn't feel much of anything, and 3 scoops made me feel out of it and not really focused on the workout.
          Value- 8
          You can find this product for anywhere between 20-35 bucks online. If you use 2 scoops like I did, it makes it worth purchasing but If three is needed its expensive.
          Overall-9
          Like I said prior I was skeptical on how only 7 ingredients could make a pre workout work, but this hit the mark on every level. With a little experimentation I found the right dosage and was killing every workout I had. In my eyes this is a perfect pre workout, giving great focus, pump and energy. I recommend picking this up for yourself.

March 15, 2012

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Focus/tunnel Vision
          • Clean Energy
          • Pumps Were Hit Or Miss
          First off I want to thank the big man emekaokammor and the guys over at AX for hooking me up with a free tub of Supersize. Initially I had never even heard of Athletic Xtreme until I saw some of their products in passing on another forum, and they caught my eye with some unique formulations. Supersize is their version of a preworkout, but it is very different from most you will see on the market today.

'SuperSize is an ultra-concentrated pre-workout formula that contains only 7 clinically dosed ingredients. Two new powerful stimulants target different receptors allowing your other burned out ones to rest. This precise mix gives you purpose-driven energy without the crash and without excessive amounts of caffeine. SuperSize does not contain any unnecessary ingredients such as sugars, carbohydrates, or artificial dyes.

SuperSize provides a rush of clean, powerful, and purpose-driven energy that motivates your body to be up and moving, delivers long-lasting nitric oxide pumps, and contains clinically-proven ingredients that help you to obliterate one set after the next.'

Profile: 8+/10
          The profile itself is pretty interesting, unfortunately it is a proprietary blend. However, they do list the amount of creatine in it which is nice, because you know they are not just using it as a filler. Honestly, I can care less if its a prop blend if the product actually works.

SuperSize Prop Blend- 2700mg

Definitely some interesting stuff in there that you just do not see in other products. I like the addition of the Leucine Nitrate as well.

Taste/Mixability: 7/10
          The flavor I had was lemon ice I believe, and to be honest I think that may be the only flavor available. It was decent, not overpowering, but definitely nothing to write home about. Mixability was good, not really any floaters or grit, so thumbs up there.

Well here is were things get a little interesting for me. SuperSize is definitely not your typical PWO, it doesnt feel like you took a Scarface sized pile of coke to the dome, which in my mind is a good thing but to others they may be a bit disappointed with the energy aspect of it. Anyways, it gives much more of a focus/tunnel vision type of feeling, which I really dig. I started off with one scoop the first time I took it, and was less than impressed. However, the next time I took it I went with 2 full scoops and I was in the zone and had a great workout. So I figured wth and went with 3 scoops the next time, that was a mistake. 3 scoops had me feeling very spaced out and not energetic at all, it basically ruined my workout, lesson learned. So I stuck with two scoops the rest of the way through the tub and really enjoyed the focus it give me for each workout. In terms of pump, it was kind of hit or miss for me. Sometimes Id get a huge nitrate pump other times I would not, but I really am not concerned with that aspect when I take a PWO. Overall a thumbs up from me.

You can typically find it for $20-$30 for a tub that contains 45 scoops. So, if you are taking two scoops its a fair value, if you need to take 3scoops the value takes a significant hit.

All in all, for what it is SuperSize gave me some very solid focus and tunnel vision and a nice amount of clean energy to get through some tough workouts. Honestly, the only thing I feel is missing is beta alanine. It would of been a great addition, but its pretty easy to add it yourself. SuperSize is nothing mind blowing, but a very solid preworkout choice nonetheless. I would recommend giving it a shot if a focus based PWO is what you are in the market for.