German Creatine Loaded Reviews

By: Athletic Xtreme

German Creatine Loaded is a Creatine Monohydrate Product manufactured by Athletic Xtreme. It consists primarily of creatine monohydrate which is the oldest, most researched form. It is tried and true and is commonly seen as 'CreaPure' in today's products. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

Overall
Overall
6.8
  May 13, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • Convenience
    - Introduction/Ingredients -
    The ever greatness of creatine. One the true performers in the supplement industry and an absolute favorite of mine. I've used all different types of creatine, and have found Creapure to be my favorite and most effective. Since the first time I tried the crystal like creatine I took from the local GNC, to the current fine powdered form I used AX German Creatine Loaded, I have always had somewhat positive results. Which leads me to reason I prefer Creapure, which is the creatine used in this product. First, there is no water retention at all. I remember the first creatine I used I gained 7lbs of water weight in a week due to the poor quality of it and most likely the addition of sodium in the product. Second, there are quality and pruity standards that Creapure has to adhere to, making it safer creatine product. I like that AX uses Creapure as their creatine source in this product. Now if you are familiar with creatine and how to use it, you will know that taking creatine with carbs or at least protein will aid in its absorption into the muscles. What I like about this is AX does that for you by adding 25g of Dextrose to help with absorption. Next they added 100mg of grapeseed extract for insulin reasons and well as an electrolyte blend. The ingredients in this are not ground breaking by any means, however they are well studied effective ingredients making this a solid ingredient profile. 8/10

- Taste -
    Next we have taste, which I received the Melon flavor. Which I expected to be similar to every other watermelon flavor I have had, however it tasted quite a bit different. Had a slight melon taste, without much sweetness at all and a little bit of sourness to it. Overall I thought the taste was solid, nothing great but drinkable.

- Mixability -
    This mixed up decently easily with minimal residue. There is a little bit of flakes, but overall it wasn't too bad. I'd say you have to give it a few more shakes than some products.

- Dosing -
    In this container there is 28 servings at 1 scoop which is the recommended dosage. I dosed this as recommended at 1 scoop right after my workout.

- Effectiveness -
    Now lets get past this, creatine is an effective product. I am expecting to see results from this regardless, however what I am looking for is that extra bump that adds to the value of taking this over a regular creatine product, did I notice anything? Sort of. First since my workouts changed over the past few months, and I have been working out more and my recovery time has been reduced I have added some supplements to aid in my recovery, this was one of them. I took this in combination with a few other products, however I did single this out a few days a week to get a better idea on what it does for me and the results are there. Normally I supplement creatine by adding it to a protein shake at some point during the day, hardly ever do I take creatine around my workouts(Unless it is in a pwo). Since I took this right after my workouts, I started to noticed my muscles felt less fatigued during the day after my workouts, which would makes sense. Next the thing I typically notice the most with creatine is the recovery aspect of it. And over my experiment of working out everyday, along with supplementing this creatine my recovery time was cut down, but I only started to notice that after my body had some time to adjust to the workouts. I think this product aided in my recovery, however I also think some of the other products I was taking did as well. Now on the days I took this solo to try and gauge its effects, it did a stellar job and the way I gauged this is not necessarily by soreness, but by my performance the following day in the gym. I was consistently able to hit my lifts everyday with good form and weight while slowly adding lbs to the bar every week. Since I ended the supplementation of this, collagen, a carbed intra and more recently a pwo my progression has slowed and soreness has came back ten fold. Am I saying this did it all? No, I think this was a solid piece from my supplementation regime where all of them combined worked to keep me achieving my goals and reaching them at a slightly faster pace than I would have without them. Overall I think this is a solid creatine product that makes it easy to supplement daily creatine with added carbs to aid in uptake. 7.5/10

- Value -
    The value is subjective, and depends on how much you value convenience. What I think adds value to this, is that they put together everything you need to take creatine in an effective way. The price which is $25 off of Amazon for 28 servings is what I consider slightly higher than I would pay, however if you value the convenience of having carbs and a few other ingredients mixed in to maximize the adsorption of the creatine, then is is solid product for you. 6/10

- Side Effects -

- Conclusion -
    I have used Athletic Xtreme's products in the past, and so far I have not been disappointed. This is another solid product from them, and I would recommend this to anyone who likes the convenience of having everything they need creatine wise in one bottle.
    • Sweet Watermelon: 7/10

March 21, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Recovery
    • Little Bloating

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
    Huge thank you to Athletic Xtreme for the support of the SR Troops program. When German creatine was put up for review I had to give it a run. German creatine never heard of it before but I really wanted to give it a try. I was lucky enough to claim it and give it a solid run. German creatine claims to have a fast uptake. It's a glucose and insulin transport. Let's see how the Germans stack there creatine.

Athletic Xtreme did a great job with the profile everything is listed. You have 28g of dextrose. Dextrose plays and important role for muscle recovery following and intense workout. Its starts the repair and recovery in your body by giving it key nutrients of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are very important to take soon after you work out because it can go a long way in reducing DOMS. Dextrose which is simply glucose is an ideal source for a post work carb. The reason is because dextrose has a high glycemic index which causes blood glucose to rise quickly. This will subsequently triggers a spike in your insulin production. Insulin is a great nutrient-transporting hormone. It can shuttle the carbs, and any other nutrients ingested with the carbs, straight into the muscles where they're needed most after a workout. Next you have 5g of creapure which I now know why it's called German creatine. Creapure is a registered trademark of AlzChem which is a German owned company. Creapure has shown to increase power and strength, support lean mass, decrease fatigue, and improve cellular hydration. You also have 100mg of grape seed extract. Grape seed extract which is an insulin sensitizing agent that helps improve insulin sensitivity. And finally you have a Loaded Electrolyte Blend of 224mg.

The taste was really good it says sweet melon and wow it lives up to the name. I thought it tasted like a honeydew. But overall the taste was pretty good it didn't have that really artificial taste. Mixing was pretty easy really didn't have any problems. The dosing was mix 1 scoop with 8 to 12oz of water during your workout or post workout

Athletic Xtreme did a solid job with this product wow the results were good. My workouts were more intense when I was drinking it during my lift and when I would take it post workout it really helped the onset of DOMS. I was moving more weight with my lifts too. My workouts would improve each time I was taking this. If I was doing two to three supersets while training back I wanted to add a forth and a fifth. The extra energy will helped me push through my workouts. With my workouts and weight going up you always worry about the recovery time. Greman creatine made a big impact in reducing DOMS in between my workouts. My muscles were charged up and ready to go.

Well I went to the Athletic Xtreme website and no price was listed. The only place I could find was on Amazon which goes for 24.39 for 28 servings which is .87 cents a serving which is pretty cheap.

Side Effects

Other than drinking honeydew melon while making gainz at the gym. Zero side effects.

Conclusion

If you are looking for a great supplement that will help you post work out and intra-workout German loaded creatine is a must. I'm looking forward to buying more of this in the future.
    • Sweet Watermelon: 10/10

March 16, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Recovery
    • Little Bloating

Hello SR! I would first like to thank Athletic Xtreme for allowing me to review their product, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. During my bulking phase I like to up my creatine levels for a month before performing a washout phase from it before starting my final month of focused bulk. I started off the start of February with kre-alkalyn hardcore as a pre workout, but 2g's just didn't ever cut it for me. It's not a bad creatine, but to state that kre-alkalyn at 1.5g equals 10-15g's of creatine monohydrate seems far fetched - at least for my body. I always doubled the dosage to see significant changes in performance, muscle fullness, and recovery. But I digress.

With that clarified, I started using German Creatine Loaded for post workout needs and on the weekends. I provide more details in dosing info. This was a solid PURE creatine product that is now in my top 5 choices to purchase. My review explains why.

Various studies suggest that creatine, carbs, and insulin all play a common role in getting your muscles the creatine you paid for. Instead of just consuming creatine, this supplement also provides a couple of ingredients to help "shuffle" the creatine to where it needs to go.

28 Servings

Dextrose 25g - This is basically carbs to keep it simple. Carbs spike insulin levels, and insulin levels that are spiked allow creatine to move into your muscle more efficiently. Did it work? I believe so. My body recovered much better using this supplement with dextrose added into than previous CM supps.

Creatine Monohydrate 5g - This is in the form of Creapure, which from my understanding is the purest version of CM you can find. Usually you will read dosage charts allowing fluctuations of over consumption on CM because it generally is only 88% creatine per gram. Creapure is certified to be 99.95% CM. I still used it at the dosages I normally would be around, but this may have been the reason for the effectiveness of the supplement.

Grape Seed Extract 100mg - This ingredient makes sense to be in this supplement, but studies are still not very clear on its overall effectiveness from what I have read previously. Grape seed extract is supposed to help decrease insulin resistance. The 25g of dextrose along with your diet is going to have effects on your insulin levels, so this is in there to make sure the creatine always absorbs efficiently without worries of insulin resistance.

There's also a 224mg electrolyte mix making this a good supplement for intra and post workout.

8.0/10

I believe there's only the sweet melon flavor, which tasted pretty good going down, but the after taste I didn't care for.

For being a powdered creatine product, this supplement actually mixed pretty well and was not very grainy.

Since I already had the kre-alkalyn running for pre workout needs, I still wanted my usual post workout dose of creatine, so I used one scoop following each workout. On off training days I still wanted two doses, so I consumed two scoops of this supplement. When I finished my bottle of kre-alkalyn, I was happy to try this creatine supplement on its own for one scoop both pre and post workout. I weigh 205lbs. and seem to benefit from 10g doses daily for short periods (2-4 weeks).

8.5/10

While using just kre-alkalyn hardcore my body was okay. Slight improvements to performance, gains, and recovery, but I couldn't double dose it like I usually do with KA since I didn't want the extra caffeine. When I added German Creatine Loaded my recovery times significantly improved allowing me to be ready for the next day of thrashing my body and helping others train as well. Strength gains actually improved once I started using this as well, and my strength gains were noticeable after I increased my 1RM on deadlifts 5 more pounds after two weeks of use. (not a lot, but c'mon it's creatine)

I looked around and only found this on their website, which shows a link to Amazon. The price is $24.39 and there is no sale price to compare for this particular supplement of Athletic Xtreme. I assume it's their newest creation? That places this at around $0.87 per serving. Not bad for a quality form of CM.

Side Effects

A little bloating, but nothing compared to other CM products I've tried.

Conclusion

I'd recommend this creatine supplement to anybody wanting an all-in-one supplement that is ready for you to consume by simply mixing with water and allowing the carbs to absorb the creatine. Great for those who don't have carb based foods or liquids ready post workout to consume with. The price is fair and I plan on purchasing this when I'm ready to continue creatine use again. Thanks again for allowing me to review your supplement Athletic Xtreme!
    • Sweet Watermelon: 8/10