Aster Wrist Wraps Reviews

By: Aster Athletic

Aster Wrist Wraps is a Workout Equipment Product manufactured by Aster Athletic. It is designed specifically for workouts and can maximize results and time spent working out.

July 12, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enhanced Wrist Stability
  • Helps Lift More Efficiently Under Heavier Loads
  • High Qaulity Design
  • Superb Wrist Support

I had recently just bought some new wrist wraps, but I went to a new gym and somebody jacked them when I sat then in the cubicle after my workout. Literally the next day these came up for review luckily so i grabbed then.

Design

These are made of a very sturdy material, some slight flex to them, but plenty of backbone to offer support. A nice bright red color if the appearance matters to you it's visually appealing. The thumb loop is sewn across the end unlike most of the ones I've used in the past but this didn't seem to make A Difference. At 1st I didn't think this sew job would hold up very well as it looked cheaply done but I was pleasantly surprised.

Usage

My wrists have been a problem area for me lately when going even the slightest bit heavy. I used these while doing any kind of pressing movements, preacher curls, and any triceps push down variations.

My most recent pair of wrist wraps before these were very stretchy I could wrap them tight and they would offer support but I would have to continuously adjust them between sets to keep the circulation in my hands.
With these I could wrap them tight but they were thick enough that they would offer the backed support without cutting into my hands and making them go numb. They are quite long so you get a couple good wraps for extra support. While benching with these I could tell a huge difference in the weight I was able to comfortably lift while keeping my wrists straight.

The only place I see these is on the company website. For $32 there are cheaper alternatives out there but these are quality and compared to some of the more popular companies wraps these are right on par with the proven quality ones.

Conclusion

Thanks to aster for sending these out, we all love supplements but it was nice to try out some gear. These are still going strong after a good bit of lifting. I would love to see some color variations, but that's about all I have to say about what aster could do to improve the product.

July 5, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enhanced Wrist Stability
  • Helps Lift More Efficiently Under Heavier Loads
  • High Qaulity Design
  • Superb Wrist Support

I can deny it no longer... I have small wrists. This typically makes benching an issue for me. No matter how I hold the bar, I tend to have isues with them quite often. To combat this, I tend to add wrist support on any lift over 205 on barbell bench press, or anything over 80lb with DBs.

I have tried a few wrist wraps, and they work wonders for me. So when Aster opened up this opportunity to try their wraps, I immediately had to grab them.

Did they work? Let's find out.

Design

I'm sure most people reading this will know what wrist wraps are for. Aster is made of high grade elastic that they claim gives you extra stiffness. This is good because some cheaper wrist wraps I've used seem to just want to cut off blood flow to your wrists instead of actually supporting them.

They have an extra band on them, which help you keep the wrist wrap snug, kind of like a thumb loop you see on other wrist wraps but made for the entire palm.

I do like the red color, hopefully they will offer some more unique color options in the future(I know color doesn't help your lifting, I just think I look better in blue)

Usage

I only used these on my push days, especially as I was working on increasing my bench without the wrist pain. After my first push exercise, I tend to ditch wraps and use moderate weight on all of my "fun" exercises to do after.

Sometimes I would add them to machine benches, but for the most part, I stuck with the king of all chest exercises, the barbell bench press.

Well, since I have tried several wrist wraps, I had some to compare them to. During the time I used them, I noticed no pain in my wrists while benching. This is what I expected obviously, but as opposed to some cheaper wrist wraps, I did notice actual "support" as opposed to just masking pain by cutting off circulation.

They did help me on some dumbbell movements as well. I tend to feel a little iffy when they weight gets above 80lb, and Aster wrist wraps def made my dumbbell movements feel a lot more stable.

Another note, I do like how they have instructional videos on their website. While wrist wraps seem so easy, noobs may have trouble figuring out the elastic loop thing.

You can get Aster wrist wraps for around 24.49 pounds(England money). That is around $31. It's a very fair price, especially when you consider other well known wraps going for $45 easily. The only issue it that Aster wrist wraps are not widely available, and they offer nothing other than wrist wraps. If you can pay for shipping they may be worth picking up

Conclusion

Overall I am a fan of these wrist wraps. They offer great support, are easy to use, and look cool.

If they were more widely available, I'd have no problem suggesting them. If you are in England or Europe for that matter I'd say pick them up. For the Americans, I'd suggest checking out well known companies like Iron Rebel.

June 22, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Superb Wrist Support
  • Enhanced Wrist Stability
  • High Qaulity Design
  • Helps Lift More Efficiently Under Heavier Loads

A special thanks to Aster Athletic for participating in the ER/TROOPs program. It's a rare, yet welcomed, oppurtunity to try out a lifting accessory for a change since these are something we can use throughout our lifting careeers as opposed to only when "it runs out". I myself am not a frequent accessory user. I've used wrist wraps in my eralier days, but haven't become a frequent user as opposed to lifting straps or knee sleeves. However, occassionally the wrists take a heavy strain from my routine lifts so grabbing a pair of these seemed like a good idea. I don't suffer from any chronic wrist issues, but have had some problems in the past that limited my activity with heavier loads.

Since this is an accessory, you'll notice I deleted the ingredient, taste, mixability, and dosing sections since they don't apply. I'll instead add my own section of design and usage.

---Design---

Anybody who has used wrist wraps before most likely knows how these would likely be designed. They are made out of a high grade elastic that wraps tightly around your and features a loop band that goes over your hand or thumb depending on your preference. They have the traditional Velcro secure seals to keep them in place.

As instructed with the included note in the package, you wrap these starting from the palm aspect of your hand and making sure it's good and snug so that the bulk of the material supports the entire wrist. They have an instructional video on their website put it's common since once become familiar with the design.

---Usage---

Wrist wraps are most often handy with push or isolation maneuvers that require efficient wrist stability such as the bench press, military press, skull crushers, and dips just to name a few.

I personally used these on those but also on push variations, floor presses, land mine presses, lateral raises, dumbbell curls, and Arnold presses. Just to note, when I say push variations I mean other forms of the exercises that would include different angles, different handles, or the use of barbells vs. dumbbells.

Needless to say, these babies got the gym done well. I had much better wrist stability on all the movements I used them on. They helped big time on heavy bench press power negative reps and the bench press and it's variations as well. The same can be said for all the exercises especially with overload sets.

I was able to perform isolation movements such as skull crushers and curls with better grip since sometimes during sets both high volume and high intensity, my wrists can sometimes feel like giving out prematurely due to exhaustion, costing me some reps. Aster's wrist wraps helped me bang out those extra reps more often.

To some it all up, they provided enhanced stability and support to my wrists on all lifts I used them on.

These are a bot on the pricey side compared to some other brands, but given the durable and high quality design, I can say with confidence that these will last a good while before succumbing to wear and tear. They go for 24.95 and are currently only available from Aster Athletic's website. Considering more high quality accessories, not just wrist wraps, will usually set you back a few more dollars, I think the value is very good.

Conclusion

If you need some extra support to help your wrists stay stable and healthy under those increasingly heavier loads, Aster Athletic's wrist wraps are a viable option worth considering. They are great quality and design and will get the job done provided you perform your lifts with proper form and safety.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!