El Jefe Reviews

By: ASC Supplements

El Jefe is a Pre-Workout manufactured by ASC Supplements. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

December 22, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Boost Strength
  • Full Ingredients
  • Increase Focus
  • Good Pumps
    Hey SR, hope everyone is doing well! I would like to Thank ASC, their Banned Rep, and the Trooper program for allowing me to give El Jefe a run! Nothing says; kill it in the gym, as a strong pre-workout with a great profile and enough caffeine to explode a small dog. Most of us are stim junkies and we live for a product that can help us achieve our maximum potential at the gym. When I saw El Jefe's profile, I needed to give it a world!

El Chapo would have been proud of El Jefe, nothing cut, but everything fully disclosed! El Jefe is broken down into three categories, which in my opinion, when looking at the profile; this can be considered a 4 in 1 product. You have BCAA, PUMP, Energy, and Focus.

As for the BCAA section - looks like you 2:1 ration of BCAA with 3.2 grams of Beta Alanine, 2 grams of Betaine Anhydrous, and 2 grams of Creatine HCL; I like the 2 grams of Creatine HCL, I did not experience any kind of bloating as I normally do on Creatine.

As for the PUMP section - 6 grams Citrulline ( No Restroom issues for me), 1.5 grams of Agmatine Sulfate, 2 grams of HydroMax, and 100 mg of L-Norvaline. I like that there is only 100 mg of L-Norvaline, some of us in the pass when reviewing this along with Agmatine Sulfate, it seems that both compete for the same report and some of us here would experience a drop in strength.

As for the Stim and Focus section - Wow, what can I say, 250 of Caffeine, 150 mg of 2-Aminoisoheptane (Amp Citrates Brother), 100 mg of Di Caffeine Malate, 600 mg of N-Acetyl L-Cysteine, and other goodies that make up this section of El Jefe.

Taste - El Jefe was not bad tasting, not bitter, and no chemical taste for me; considering everything in El Jefe.

Mix - This mixed well; however, I noticed as time when on, the product in the tub started to get hard. So on occasions, O would shake the tub to avoid any clumping or turning into a brick (AKA Kilo)

Dosing - I used El Jefe on early morning workouts and weekend workouts; due to the high stim content, I avoided taking it in the evenings during the week, so I would not have any issues falling asleep. I only used 1 scoop for the mornings and 1 scoop and a quarter on the weekend workouts; only did that twice.

Man, what can I say El Jefe performed and delivered to the company's claim and my expectations. What I enjoyed about El Jefe was, despite all the stim in the product, it would never hit me all at once. In the past, when I have taken a heavy stim product, I got that crack feeling right away, and then came the hard crash. El Jefe would kick in stages, I would get the initial kick of the caffeine, then the beta alanine would start, and then the focus would start.

As far as my workouts when, I never skipped a beat, I was able to hit my 1MR on several occasions. In addition, on days where I would finish off with cardio, I would sweat more than normal. Furthermore, while using El Jefe, I did not have to stack any other pump product, El Jefe provided some great pumps, especially on days I would beat up my arms with a couple of killer sets of 21s. In regards to the focus, it was on point, not as strong as a NOO-Tropic, but still effective.

El Jefe runs around $40.00 for 25 servings, yeah one may say, that is pricey for only 25 servings. However, when you look how El Jefe is put together, as I mentioned before, you are getting four products in one.

Side Effects

No sides; however, if you are stim sensitive, I recommend you start with half a scoop.

Conclusion

El Jefe is one of those new generations of pre-workout supplements that give you the full spectrum of well-balanced ingredients. When it comes to comparing the effects to other products I have used in the pass, this one to me is one of my top 5. I recommend you give El Jefe a run, I am sure you will not regret the investment and your body will thank you for giving a good kick in the butt. I would like to thank ASC for the opportunity.

December 17, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Boost Strength
    • No Tolerance Good Mix
    • Full Ingredients
    • OK Taste

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
    Thank you to ASC for letting me try this for them. I am in my early 30's and am an Active duty military member who is big into fitness. I focus more on functional fitness and recently started the Horseman program, which focuses on essentially becoming a superhuman in regards to fitness. I look for products that will aid in my performance and recovery, and is affordable for everyday use.

Wow...these guys pack a lot into one fully disclosed scoop so bear with me as we go through all of this.
    First off we have the Performance enhancer complex aka ingredients help support muscle performance
    3g of L-Leucine
    1.5g of Isoleucine
    1.5g of L-Valine
    3.2g Beta Alanine
    2g of Betaine Anhydrous
    2g of Creatine HCL

N.O. and Pump Enhancer
    6g Ctruilline DL Malate (2:1)
    1.5g Agmatine Sulfate
    2g Hydromax Glycerol Powder (65%)
    100mg L-Norvaline

Crazy stims and mental focus
    1g Taurine
    50mg Hordenine
    150mg N-Phenethyl Dimethylamine

Absorption Amplifier
    5mg Black Pepper Extract

so without turning this into a novel I can say the ingredients in the pump group are all substantial and are dosed to work with one another to be extremely effective. The same can be said for the crazy stim category. Now I will say it did not give me crazy energy, but it is a nice smooth energy that delivers.

I was sent watermelon and to my knowledge that is the only flavor available. I will be the first to admit that when it comes to pre-workout flavors, watermelon is the one I stay far away from. When I first opened the tub it had a smell to it, that wasn't watermelon. It was more of strawberry vibe. Upon drinking it, it has watermelon taste to it that reminds me of a Jolly Rancher candy. So while I will say in my personal opinion as someone who doesnt like watermelon, the flavor is very pleasant.

Mixability is of 0 issue to me. I would mix it with 12oz of water, shake the hell out it initially and then let it sit for 10-15 minutes as I drove to the gym. Along the drive I would shake it again, and then eventually consume. The one downside, is this does generate a good amount of foam which can lead to not getting all of the pre-workout down in one try. Other than the foam I did not have any issues.

As far as dosing goes, its just one giant scoop to do the trick. I never felt the need to try 2 scoops, and beyond that, its not even a recommendation.

So here is El Jefe's shining moment. I never had a bad workout while taking this. What I mean by that, is on other products there come those days where no matter what you take, you are just not feeling it. Never happened with this. I felt like I always had the energy to go hard time after time on my workouts, and even push myself to new weights or speeds during my routines. The pump effect was amazing to the point where it would last well after my workout to the point where muscles were sore from the pump. I was very impressed with how effective this product was.

So the best price I could find was on their website. they sell 1 tub for $40 dollars and that will get you 25 servings. This equates to $1.60 a serving. For some this could be a deal breaker because they are used to the standard $30 for 30 servings which I completely understand. However once you factor how many ingredients you are getting and at what doses, you will understand why the price is what it as, and may learn to be ok with it. for me, I am 100% on board with paying that price for this product, because I know how well it works and how effective it is.

Side Effects

So there are some side effects that I noticed when taking this. These included being swoll, having significant pumps, the ability to push myself on my workouts, and overall being awesome.

Conclusion

BUY BUY BUY!!!

But seriously, this product was great, and I rank it in my top 5 of all time. If they can generate some other flavors besides watermelon, then I would say that it will knock Total War off of the throne and become my number one favorite Pre. Its honestly that good. So all I have to say, is not all products work the same for everyone but you should still give this a try. It is literally designed and dosed to not fail. Great job ASC.
    • Watermelon: 7/10

Overall
    Overall
    6.3
    6.3
      December 12, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
      • OK Taste

Wanted to say thank you to SR and ASC Supplements for allowing me to sample El Jefe. I am a huge fan of pre's so I am always looking for the next best thing. Plus I like to change it up so I do not get used to the same old thing. My top pre of recent was the Outlift Amped so my results are compared to it and you can read my review on it if you'd like.

El Jefe is loaded with 22 ingredients, all of which is fully disclosed. However, it still seems like quite a bit to be packed into a pre. It has your typical Vitamin B3,6 and 12.
      Performance Complex comprised of 3000mg of Leucine, 1500mg of Isoleucine and Valine, 3200mg of Beta-Alinine, 2000mg of Betaine Anhydrous and 2000mg of Creatine HCL.
      Pump Enhancer: 2:1 ratio of Citrulline Malate 6000mg, 1500mg of Agmatine Sulfate, 2000mg of Hydromax Glycerol Power and 100mg of L-Norvaline
      Stim and Focus Makeup: 1000mg of Taurine, 600mg of Cysteine, 1000mg of Tyrosine, 250mg of Caffeine Anhydrous, 100mg of Di Caffeine Malate, 150mg of 2-Aminoisoheptane(DMHA) , 50mg of Hordenine and 150mg of N-Phenethyl Dimethylamine
      Last but not least, 5mg of Black Pepper Extract to aid in absorption.

ASC provided me with Watermelon. With the first whiff after opening the container, the smell reminded me of the strawberries and cream oatmeal packets. The taste not so much. The taste is not great, but its not bad either. The mixability was OK but needs some improvement. I had to drink it immediately after stirring it. Even so, it still left a little in the bottom of the cup. Dosing says to take 1 scoop with 12-16oz of water 10-30 minutes before your workout on an empty stomach. I workout on my lunchbreak during the week so I take it about 20 minutes prior to leaving for the gym. I was able to workup to a hefty scoop.

Now for the effectiveness. El Jefe added a subtle feel to my workout but nothing like I was hoping for. Energy was only slightly increased while working out. The first few days when starting this, I felt wired for about an hour after my workout when I got back to work. However, after the first few days that went away. Focus was not increased at all, Pumps were not increased. I did feel like I had a little more endurance but nothing to shout from the rooftops about. What I did notice was the increase in my body temp as I would sweat quite a bit more than usual.

Amazon shows this to be $40 for 25 servings. Which seems about the standard price you see for pre's when the dosing is around 20-25 servings. However, with the little too no results I received, I would rate the value a little low. I do not think this pre is worth the $40.

Side Effects

I had no ill side effects. A little wirery when I got back to work the first few days but that went away.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I was extremely let down by this pre. I had hopes for it, but it just wasn't for me. I think ASC tried to add too many ingredients and not enough of what is proven to work. I did not receive the focus and energy I like to have while hitting the gym so I will be looking for a different product to try in the future.
      • Watermelon: 5/10