What is a “Full Container” and Why Must You Complete One Prior to Writing a Review?

June 1, 2015 // In SR Help // By admin

Posting a review based solely on a sample pack or two is NOT permitted on SupplementReviews.com.  This has been our policy since day one, and we enforce this rule aggressively.

Why can’t I post a review after a sample?

A lot can happen over the course of a full product cycle that you may not experience with just a sample.  Here are some examples:

• A pre-workout might really kick you into gear on the first use, but after a few workouts, you could quickly build up a tolerance.

• You might experience an upset stomach from a protein on your first try, but then later realize that the upset stomach was due to the leftover Indian food you had for lunch earlier in the day.

• A product might not taste great on your first try, but become completely unpalatable on your 20th serving.

• Some products take a long time to notice the effects, whether they are positive or negative.

Do I have to finish the container before posting a review?

Yes.  The only exception is if you are unable to finish it because of an adverse reaction, and you plan on returning it, giving it away or throwing it out.

But other review sites allow me to post reviews on samples!

SupplementReviews.com is not like other review sites.  We aren’t a free-for-all popularity contest.  We value thorough, critical reviews.  Read more about why SupplementReviews.com is still the most trustworthy source for Reviews.

I received only a sample through the TROOPs, can I post a review on it?

No.  It’s made abundantly clear to company reps throughout the entire process that they must send out a full container if they want a review.  Please contact us and let us know if you received only a sample pack through the TROOPs.

What constitutes a “Full Container”?

It’s not always clear exactly what product sizes are considered a “full container”.  As a general rule of thumb, a full container should contain at least about 20 servings.

• Pre-Workout/Intra/BCAA/Creatine products - 20 servings minimum.

• Protein - At least 1lb or 15 servings, whichever is greater.

• Weight Gainer - At least 5lbs.  (Sometimes a 5lb tub is only “8 servings”, but 5lbs is sufficient to post a review)

• RTD (Ready to Drink) products - At least 8 bottles.

• Protein Bars/Cookies/Snacks - A “full box” or at least about 9-12.

• Fitness accessories - one item is fine as long as it can be used 30+ times.

• Other products - a full month supply.

What if I have to take 3 scoops of a 30-serving PWO so it’s only good for 10 workouts?

This is totally fine.  You still used a “full container”.  Just be sure to mention it in the review.

I’m a rep sending out products to the TROOPs.  Can I send samples?

No.  We want our reviewers to have the exact same experience as if they went to the store and bought a full container of your product.  A variety of sample packs is not the same thing as a full container of one product.  One protein bar is not the same as a full box of protein bars.  If you send out sample packs, our reviewers are not obligated to return them to you, and they will not post reviews on them.

• Muscle_Chef
    Rep: 0
    June 2, 2015

Very good policy and I fully agree that a review after a sample is not telling the whole story!

• Wis3guy
    June 3, 2015

Just to add a reason on sample packs. Some sample packs don't match up with the products. Two examples I can give. Serving size, Bottle = 6.7g per serving sample = 7.7g per serving. Bottle listing one serving per scoop, sample packs having 1.5 servings per sample.

• admin
    June 3, 2015

Yeah, I also often see samples that are "2 servings" in tiny print. How are you really supposed measure out half of a sample pack accurately and store the second serving for later?

• Muscle_Chef
    Rep: 0
    June 5, 2015

Not saying you should have to but you can measure it out using a food scale and saving the rest in a snack sized ziplock bag! I often do that because I don't like having 2 servings of caffeine in my pre-workouts. I also do it since "1 scoop" never matches up with the actual dosage in grams.

• paul-pousso
    June 7, 2015

I used to use the original Met-RX when it first came out. It seemed to help me a lot on my gains. But I guess I could only review it's new products? If so I will have to finish my 5 lb's of powder first.

• admin
    June 9, 2015

@paul - yes, please finish your full tub of the new stuff before posting a review.

• superhuman67
    July 28, 2015

That's why I always tell forum members on another site that I don't review a product until I've gone through a container or when it comes to PW I don't believe in using the stimulant everyday so I don't review it until I know I've gone through pretty much MOST of the container in order to give accurate feedback.