Synergic Mulivitamin w/ joint complex Reviews

By: apsu nutrition

Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins
Synergic Mulivitamin w/ joint complex is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by apsu nutrition. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.

February 19, 2016

• Immune Support
  • Joint Product Not Effective

First I'd like to apologize to APSU Nutrition and SR TROOP for this review coming in so late...I've been without a computer for about a month now, and finally got everything resolved w/ Dell (their customer service is pathetic). Anyways, thanks to both parties for sending me a bottle of their multivitamin w/ joint support to give a run. Multis are always a primary staple in my supplement regimen, and I'm always interested to try different products to see works with me best. Now, I have tried a ton of multivitamins, from synthetic to whole food based, bare minimum formulas to "all-in-one" type formulas. Now the only multi that I thought is somewhat comparable to this would be Orange Triad as they have a joint support formula as well. Let's see how this stood up...

Attached a picture of the profile.

So nothing too crazy here...decent amounts of vitamins and minerals. I enjoy the "Fruits and Vegetable blend" with the large variety of super/green foods for overall health benefits and antioxidant support, as well as the enzyme complex they've included. Only issue here is that APSU promotes this as a multi w/ joint support, however their glucosamine, chondroiten, and MSM are considerably low. I was hoping for more adequate amounts with the type of marketing from this product.

2 tablets a day...I usually split them with breakfast and dinner for the sustained release. Can't be much simpler.

Now everyone has their own way of analyzing the effectiveness of multivitamins....with me, the main thing I look at is my overall health and well being. If you look at other multi reviews I've done, one of the main things I highlight is whether I get sick or not. Here in Pittsburgh, the weather fluctuations have been crazy...some days it'll be in the 40's, and then others, it'll drop down to the lower teens or below. These weather fluctuations usually cause some havoc with my immune system and I eventually get a cold for a few days. However, while supplementing with this multi, I didn't have one symptom which is a huge plus in my book.

Additional notes: Digestion seemed to be working well with the inclusion of enzymes...bathroom visits were very regular and easy. I also felt that I had some improved natural energy and just felt better overall.

Only issue was the lack of joint support and anti inflammation I was hoping to receive. Earlier in January, I tweaked my glute/hip area...again...during deadlifts. Nothing too crazy, but it took a couple weeks for me to feel comfortable doing lower body compound lifts. I was hoping that the G/C/MSM would have helped aided that. HOWEVER, please note...G/C/MSM works differently on everyone and typically takes about a month to fully kick in. But, on the other side of the coin, would have it made a difference with the amount of each ingredient is in the profile? Can't really say for certain.

You can get a month's supply for a little under $20. Honestly,that's a very hard value to beat for a quality multi.

Side Effects

None. No yellow pee from excess B Vitamins or anything. Good to see I'm not peeing away the supplement lol.

Conclusion

Overall, I think APSU did a goodjob creating this product. Solid amounts of vitamins, minerals, very nice super/green food blend, enzymes, and some joint support. Only thing I would improve on would be that joint support complex. I'd have no problem dishing out extra cash if it would take care of me buying an additional joint support formula. Again, thank you for allowing me to give this product a shot, and would recommend it for ppl looking for a new multi at a more than reasonable price.

January 17, 2016

• Basic Profile
  • Joint Product Not Effective
  • Probiotic Enzyme Not Effective
Introduction:

A thank you to the SR Troops program and the people at APSU Nutrition for the opportunity to try their multi-vitamin supplement for one month. A multi-vitamin is a staple for me, which I take daily. I have my go to vitamins and its always good to become aware of new multi's such as APSU.

Multi-Vitamins are not a cure all, the goal is for them to supplement the vitamins, minerals etc., that you are getting from eating whole foods. Taking a daily multi and eating garbage all day long, is not beneficial.

Some multivitamins I can feel working in some aspect, and others I do not. But, in the end, I hope that they have some underlying benefit to my health.

Ingredient Profile:

This product can be broken down into 4 categories- 1-standard multi-vitamin ingredients 2-Fruit & Vegetable Blend 3-Joint Complex 4-Probiotic

The Multi-Vitamin part- consists of your standard ingredients, found in a basic multi, your A thru E's, Folic Acid etc

Fruit and Vegetable Blend-is a proprietary blend of several dozen different fruits and vegetables

Joint Complex- contains your glucosamine, MSM and some trace minerals

Probiotic- 25 mg of an enzyme product

Now looking at the dosages, the majority of disclosed dosages are just at the daily RDA, however, there are some that fall way short in this area.

Taste:

It's two rather small tablets, there is no taste to the product

Mixability:

Does not apply, per the above

Dosing:

I took 2 tablets daily, with breakfast for 30 days

A few things to point out here.

The first noticeable item, was that this product did not turn my pee neon yellow. B vitamins have this effect and normally the dosages from past vitamins in this B category are through the roof, thus you are exerting what you don't need. I think its a plus that APSU meets the RDA in several key B vitamin ingredients. Therefore, you are not excreting what your body doesn't need and absorbing what you do.

The second is I noticed increased mental sharpness after 10 days of use of the product. This was a welcomed benefit, while in a very fast paced environment at work, where I always have to think on my feet.

I do have occasional shoulder discomfort and back pain. The joint complex part of this multi, did not have any positive effect for my in this area. It appears the ingredients are well underused here.

Also, I did not experience any positive effect from the enzyme part of the product.

Value:

This 30 day multi can be purchased for $16.90 via Amazon, as of this review.

The normal price range of my multi's are within $15-$20 or a 30 day supply. As a result, this is attractive to me, because I am not excreting excess ingredients, I am paying for what my body is absorbing.

Side Effects:

No side effects to report

Conclusion:

Based on the above experience, this product is on my radar to work into my staple multi-vitamins going forward. It's only 2 tablets and I feel based on the absorption of the product, I am paying for what my body is using.

January 14, 2016

• Not Stacked Like The Big Dogs
  • Underdosed Compared To Others
Hello everyone welcome to another Bignasty review. First and foremost a HUGE thanks to APSU nutrition and the TROOP program for allowing me to review this. Now I have had a lot of issues with my joints, and have to take joint supplement just to be able to lift. I have had multi/joint combos before with less than promising results. I was not expecting much walking into this one as it was just two pills. But even if it was just a little help to my joints i would be ok with it as I have to take a multi anyway right? So lets see how this stacked up.

Ingredient Profile 7

Ok I am not going to go in detail with the multi like i normally would as it would be to long at not really needed. But over all as a multi this is below average to average at best. But they are cramming a lot in here with only 2 pills so im not going to kill them for it. Also this has full disclosure except for the fruit blend so this gets points with me here.

Fruit and Veggie Blend 250mg

Blueberry......Some other berries......and the kitchen sink. But seriously it has over forty ingredients at a 250mg amount. Which ok its odd but I assume they are going for a decent orac value which I wish I knew what that was. So except immunity and possible some minor antiinflammitory response i would not expect anymore from this blend.

Joint Support

Glucosamine 600mg about half of most offerings.
Chondrotin 300mg again about less than half of the amount needed.
MSM 100mg low amount but im glad to see it in here.
Green Tea extract 25mg (antioxident) very low but nice addition
Bentonite clay 3mg (detoxifer) again low but i see they are trying to get rid of the toxins in and around the joints.

Enzyme Complex 25mg This is really low but its in here to help with your body breaking all this down.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing 9

Look its pills but its just 2 you cant ask for less than that. Also there is no taste or mixing.

Effectiveness 7

Well I was a little sick just before I started this and I really felt this helped wipe it out in about a couple of days. But other than that it was really no difference felt from any other multi. Now as far as the Joints go It really didnt do much to help my joints but i wasnt in any extra pain either. It looks like it helped me stay average which is not bad in my book for something that is not directly a pure joint supplement but an add on.

Value 8.5

At about 20 bucks for a month supply that not bad at all. Its very hard to find something in this price range.

Side Effects=10

No side effects shown.

Conclusion= 8

Ok well overall I thought this was.........ok. Everything here was a bit underdosed even though all the added blends did attempt to do the same thing. I would recommend this to People who's diets are a above average and just need that little boost from a daily multi. I would not suggest this as a joint supplement at all. I think it is a great addition to a complete joint support blend. But if you have a bit of a nagging pain or stiffness or very minor cracking this would be worth a try. My advice is to take 3 a day instead of 2 as the numbers just make more sense that way. Sure it brings it down to a 20 day supply but for 20 bucks why not.

January 10, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Seemed To Help My Immune System
  • Effective Product
  • Excellent Joint Support

Whats up SR, another review here. Just wanted to say thanks to Apsu and SR for giving me the opportunity to give this product the go ahead. I recently really got into supplementing multivitamins when I was trying my Purus Labs Dpol and was suggested
    to take the product with a multivitamin. When I saw this I decided to give this a go ahead. Here's a little bit about my background. I work anywhere from 58-64 hours per week in a semi-labor intensive atmosphere(I'm a steel worker, while it is super labor intensive to some it isn't as intense
    as other professions). I lift three to four days per week with a focus on powerlifting. In short terms I put my body through the ringer all the time and whatever supplement I can use to help aid in recovery really intrigues me.

So usually I go through each ingredient via google. While this makes for a very long and thorough review I feel it would be overkill for this product. I will say that the vitamin profile is almost nearly identical to One a Day multivitamin gummies. I feel this is a decent amount of assorted vitamins without reaching toxicity levels. No one needs 1000% of ANYTHING. What is awesome about Apsu is the fact that there's not one thing on here that goes over 100%. They added a fruit/vegetable blend for the added immune support. While this is a great idea, I have absolutely no way of knowing whether or not this is an effective dose. They also added joint and GI support. As I have stated with other products while I feel the some of these profiles are underdosed, I can't talk down on it too much considering it did work.

The dosing on this was really simple. I took two as soon as I woke up. There wasn't much of a taste(I let pills sit my mouth for around 20/30 seconds to see what they taste like when they dissolve). There was a hint of an earthy type taste to go along with its texture but that's it. There was no nasty burps with this product which I always look positively upon.

The effectiveness of this product was simply Outstanding. When I first got this in the mail I had some sort of seasonal cough/cold/sore throat/stuffy nose. Less than a week after taking this I saw noticeable improvements with this and within two weeks this all stopped. Do I look at this as a replacement for medicine? Absolutely not. Did I rely solely on this and didn't also eat a ton of fruits and vegetables on top of this? Again no. This is a supplement not to replace healthy eating habits. I would much rather force feed as much healthy foods and a multivitamin such as this instead of taking antibiotics that just seem to make me feel worst before feeling better. As I said earlier the effectiveness of this product superseded whatever and all concerns about the nutritional profile. While I didn't notice much with the GI support(never have an issue with this so I can't gauge if it improved or not). The added joint support was awesome. I usually hit heavy squats and/or deadlifts and than stand on my feet at work for 10-12 hours per day. When I get home it usually takes me about an hour and a half for my feet and ankles to stop pulsating and being in pain before I can relax enough to pass out. While taking this I seemed to pass out around 20 minutes or so. Whenever I do heavy rows my shoulders really feel it. I feel the reason for this is poor bench press form early on with my elbows extremely flared out when I was younger. The following days I would have to rotate my shoulder for it to pop and loosen up. Did this magically make it disappear? No. However there was an extremely noticeable difference that of which goes a long way for me. Also I noticed what was previously mentioned in another review on here a sense of well being. While I was on this I noticed I was able to limit my caffeine intake quite considerably. Usually I would need anywhere from 4-500 mgs of caffeine. While I was taking this multivitamin I was able to stay around 200 mgs. Did I feel like I was on a stimulant? No. Did I feel like I had a more natural boost of energy without the need to overdo the stimulants? Absolutely. I realize that I could probably get better results with buying a GI support, joint support, immune support, and a multivitamin. All in all though I would rather just buy this product which my body responds really well to. Considering I take enough supplements as it is, I feel these two pills that take the place of all of those other ones its a win/win. Overall I was really happy and pleased with this product. Unless something better comes down the way, I won't buy a different multi.

I found on their website that they list their price for $19.90 for a 30 day supply(http://apsulute.com/shop/). A twenty dollar bill for this product in my personal opinion is a great deal.

Side Effects

What side effects? None, no burps, no adverse effects.

Conclusion

My conclusion on this product is exactly what I said earlier. I would/will recommend this product to friends and others alike. I felt "healthier", a sense of well being, and not as run down as usual. I think this is a more than solid product considering its results. Some may not be overly impressed with the ingredient profile and at first I was skeptic. (Don't knock it until you tried it). I was astounded how well my body responded to this. I will be placing my order soon. By the way APSU, coming from a person with a background in graphic design, I really dig the package design. The subtle bold san serif font coupled with the thinner font was a great touch. The colors are easy on the eyes making it not seem gimmicky. POPS OUT

9.4
      January 8, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Easy To Swallow
    • Effective Product
    • Excellent Joint Support
    • Tasteless
    • No Yellow Pee
    • Effectively Utilized
    • Underdosed Compared To Others
    • A Bit Expensive For The Profile
    Effectiveness + Introduction
    I am going to start off this review by covering the effectiveness of this product, which is more unconventional than the norm of my reviews. Many of us are told that taking Vitamins are one of the most crucial supplements to take, even outside the bodybuilding or athletic spectrum and it is for good reason. We don't typically (can we just say ever?) get the proper recommended dietary vitamins and minerals that our bodies need or benefit from. Vitamins have been marketed towards bodybuilders in general due to the nature of eating less processed foods and having clean diets, which ultimately mean you have a limited food source.. This isn't new information I am sure, but basically we know that our body functions off of this nutritional markers due to none other than Science.

So beyond the general "I take it because I was told to", do we really benefit from it? Yes you will get some extra energy from the various forms of vitamins, but that isn't necessarily what is taking place. Are you just peeing them out due to overabundance? Well I guess that is where the effectiveness of this product can start, just as remarked by other reviewers "Apsu didn't turn my pee yellow as other vitamins". This could mean a few different things: one that the product was underdosed to begin with and thus the ingredients didn't get wasted, or two the fact the the dosages are turned in enough for you body to receive the exact amounts needed thus being utilized more effectively. Well for me I prefer option two, and definitely felt it become that way throughout the usage of this product. That isn't the only reason that I marked this product to be effective either, as the proper utilization of ingredients enhanced the function of various process occurring in the body. This is why many feel "better" or have a better mood, because our body is functioning more effectively.

Did you think this was over so soon? Lets not forget the other two selling points for this product! The joint health is by far something interesting to me, as others we immediately compare this product to Orange Triad as per their joint complex.. Well for me I have had Triad and I can tell you that I wasn't a big fan of it, for many reasons but mainly due to the clicking and popping of my joints! Now I am not going to say this is a more effective joint supplement than others, but I will say it was substantial enough for me to notice and effective enough for me to consider using this dosage of MSM/Glucosamine rather than the problematic dosage of Triad. Next up is the Fruit + Vegetable Blend, which I can't tell you that one could really notice it or not but I will say that my day to day performance was better with less mental exhaustion or fatigue. Potentially this was due to the antioxidants in this product, but either way it is a welcomed and unique approach at a vitamin that I greatly enjoyed!

Supplement Facts
    I am not going to even bother telling you what benefits the ingredients provide for many reasons, but also due to the list of effects to be a mile and a half long! I will tell you that the ingredients do look a whole lot less than other products, but I will also point out that those same products did not meet an effectiveness as this product provided! The Fruit + Vegetable Blend is unique, and the added Enzymes do seem nice yet most likely underdosed. This vitamin is definitely well dosed for most individuals, but possibly not enough for extreme athletic people which I will openly admit I am not one of those.. As pointed in other reviews the joint complex of ingredients are not fully dosed, but I believe you will be quite impressed how well it does work even at that dosage. Nothing too crazy going on here, but definitely underdosed compared to the other vitamins on the market.

Dosing + Taste
    Dosing is very simple and easily accomplished due to the easy to swallow pills, which are not coated and do not taste like death as normal vitamins taste. You only need to take 2 tablets daily, and even if taken at night I wasn't kept up all night but I wouldn't recommend taking it before bed as I did have some restless nights because of doing so. These two pills are so friendly that I was able to have them in my mouth without worrying about a nasty taste lingering around, as there was none!

Value 8.6
    If you compare this to other supplement companies and their vitamins you will find this is more adequately priced, and thus has a greater value in my opinion. I was able to find this product on Amazon for $18.90, or you can purchase from aspu for $17.30 per bottle when you buy 3 in one order. I feel that this price is well adjusted, but being that it is less dosed than others I feel it should not have a price tag that is almost as high.

Overall
    Really there isn't much else to say other than try this product! I was very impressed how well this product worked for me, and I feel that you will too! I was so impressed that it is on my list of supplements to purchase, in such a way that it would even save me money being the joint health was so effective that I wouldn't need to use another product for it which means even less pills to take! Thank you apsu, and A hui hou.

December 28, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Seemed To Help My Immune System
    • Good Joint Support
    • Superfood
    • Good Profile
    • Easy To Swallow
    • Once A Day Use
    • Not Stacked Like The Big Dogs
    Merry New year and Happy Christmas SR.com'ers. Thanks to APSU and SR.com for allowing me to give this stuff a run.

The reason I was looking forward to trying out this multivitamin was the added joint support aspect of the multi. If you have followed my log you will note that I have had some shoulder joint pain. I started to take fish oil and Glucosamine & Chondroitin to try and make it feel better to little avail. Alas, I figured why not try this stuff and see where it gets me. One thing to note - I also grabbed the OMEGA JYM that was up for TROOPs at the same time so I figured - WHY NOT? While taking this multi, I continued to take the G&C as I was in the past.

I am not going to get all crazy into breaking down everything in this multi. I will say this: Do a side by side of this versus OPTI-MEN or ORANGE TRIAD and I do not think that you would choose this guy as your go to multi. THAT SAID, there is a niche for this guy and I think it comes in the joint support. You are getting around 900mg of Glucosamine & Chondroitin with an additional 100mg of MSM. Pretty terrific stuff, eh?

Here is the issue for APSU... You can get the same type of support, actually a little more, from its competitor Orange Triad:

Joint Complex 2000mg - Glucosamine Sulfate and Chondroitin Sulfate
    Flex Complex 2550mg - MSM, Bromelain and Hyaluronic Acid

That's where the big sister looking better in the same dress analogy comes in.

So, good, not great profile. I like the addition of the superfoods but I am not so sure that 250mg of 42 different superfoods does much, if anything for you. (I think that was mentioned in another review but it is worth echoing in case someone sorts by most recent) The inclusion of the SUPERFOODS comes off as gimmicky to me...

Terrific - 2 pills, once per day, no bad taste, not too big. Thanks for keeping this simple...

Now here are the claims the REP Made:

"We believe food is senior to peak health and offer a product to supplement to bridge the irregularity of a healthy diet in a proactive considerate way. apsu Synergic Multivitamin with joint Complex:
    - Designed in Hawaii, Apsu contains a mixture of 16 vitamins and minerals, a concentrated powder blend of 42 different fruits, vegetables and herbs.
    - Provides a boost to your acute immune system and your daily chronic defenses by way of antioxidants - Vitamin E, Vitamin C, polyphenols and metabolites help manage free radical activity.
    - Contains anti-inflammatory agents - bromelain and papain can reduce swelling, healing time and pain associated with intense physical activity.
    - The digestive enzyme complex of cellulase, amylase, trypsin and lipase, help to break down ingested macronutrients of fiber, carbohydrates, proteins and fats, respectively. These enzymes assist the body in processing your post-exercise meal
    - Supports joint health by way of glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate and MSM (methylsulfonylmethane)."

I feel like this stuff, IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE OTHER COMPONENTS OF MY STACK, helped make my shoulder feel better. Let me explain. Upon starting this stuff, I was staying away from almost all overhead type chest/shoulder work - this is incline presses, OHP, etc.. - due to intense pain in my left rotator cuff/shoulder. As I stated in the intro I added Fish Oil and Glucosamine and Chondroitin to help combat that. Not much in the way of things getting better. However, I was only taking the G&C at night as the directions stated. When I added APSU in the am, my shoulder pain started to drop to the point in which within a few weeks I have virtually no pain in the shoulder outside of the normal DOMS.

NOW, I am not TELLING YOU THAT THIS STUFF CURES SHOULDER PAIN. What I am stating is that I believe that this stuff SUPPLEMENTED my diet and helped me heal up some in that area. Since stopping this multi (about 2 weeks ago) I have not had any recurring shoulder pain.

I did not get sick while using this product so I can tell you that it doesn't WEAKEN your immune system, lol. Others around me did get sick and I stayed healthy - +1 to this product for supporting that.

I found it on Amazon for $18.90 for 30 days. It is only $0.63 a serving but, like I mentioned above, it has the same constituents (or less) than Orange Triad and that can be found for a little as $0.50 a serving. For something you take everyday, that can add up over time...

Side Effects

Conclusion

I liked this multi-vitamin, but I don't LOVE this multi-vitamin. The problem is that it's competitors are the same thing, with a little bit more stuff in them at a slightly better price. There isn't enough G&C in here to not require additional supplementation for the joint support - which is kind of disappointing. Overall - If APSU can tweak this some and get the price down a little, they could have a shot at taking on the big dogs. Until then, they are just one of the pack...

Overall
    Overall
    6.9
    6.4
      December 26, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Joint Support
    • Superfood
    • Easy To Swallow
    • Once A Day Use
    • Gimmicky Marketing
    • Did Not Help My Immune System

Huge shout-out and thanks to Apsu Nutrition for letting me try a bottle of their apsu vitamin through the Supplement Review Expert Reviewrs program. I am always looking for ways to enhance my overall daily intake of proper nutrients, in ways that may enhance my gym performance. This product was advertised as not only a muti-vitmain, but also a joint complex. I have tried a handful of vitamins in the past, some generic OTC vitamins, and other geared toward active lifestyles. Also, I have tried to supplement with various joint enhancing supplements, some of which are in this very supplement (like the glucosamine, chondritin, and MSM), and others that are not.
    I have yet to find a complete product to provide me with either great immune support OR great improvements to the way my joints feel, so read on to see how Aspu stacks up!

First and foremost, I always like to comment on the actual packaging and label. The bottle is nice, plastic and small like many other vitamin containers on the market, and the label itself is neat, with lots of tiny print. No real complaints, as the ingrdients and information about the product is also easily found on the apsu nutrition website.

The first part of the profile shows you what the 2 tablet serving provides. In my opinion it is a solid multi-vitamin without any overly dosed water-soluble vitamins like some products that I have taken (ie. DOES NOT HAVE 300% Vit C or 2000% Vit. B, etc.). Having the vitamins and minerals (I suppose) should theoretically help with overall nutrition and some of the immune boost that the company claims.

The next portion of the profile includes the major joint support, but in my opinion the amounts per serving are no where near the amounts that I have previously supplemented when I took just glucosamine, chrondritin and MSM on their own. I will touch on this in the "effectiveness" section below, but based on numbers, my first impression was that this might not be enough to show any improvement to my joints with physical activity.

The next part of the profile is an insanely long list of extracts and blends of fruits, vitamins, and other things commonly seen in "health food" supplements and superfood products. Being a proprietary blend you never know how much of any component you are getting in each tablet, but together, this is the part that I would imagine is synergistically going to help most with recovery and immune support from physical activity.

The last part of the profile is the digestive blend, totaling 25mg, which is something that tends to vary greatly among OTC digestive products on the market.

Overall, I did not really see anything that jumped out at me as being innovative as a single ingredient, but this is the first product that I have used that has vitamins/minerals, immune support, joint support AND digestive blends. This profile, if it is effective, is very convenient

These are funky green, blue speckled tablets, and not gel capsules or capsules. There is a slightly "vitamin" smell and taste to them. They had a vegetable-ish aftertaste to them when I would take them, which wasn't horrible, but did not taste good in any way. Once you know what to expect with each dose, it really wasn't anything to fret over.

There is no mixing, but the tablets are on the slightly bigger size, so be aware it might take a few glugs of water to get them down.

The dosing is quite simple, being only two tablets, and once daily. For me personally, I tended to take this at the end of the day, when I did not think it would interfere with any prescription medication, as some multivitamins can do. I rarely ever forgot to take this once I got in the habit of doing it everyday. I found conveniently that I could take with or without food with no problem.

As far as effectiveness is concerned, it completely missed a few of its claims for me.
    I found myself with a stomach bug, a cold, and various other ailments that tend to pop up when I am stressed mentally and physically. I do not think this was at all effective for boosting or supporting my immune system. When I got sick, I did not feel that I recovered any faster from my ailments. I also did not feel to be recovering any faster from DOMS or soreness from lifting.

For joint support I do think that this might have helped. Although the amounts of joint components was not very high. It had a few different things to target joints and I did not have any excessive amounts of knee soreness as I tend to feel after some heavier lower body workouts. I was quite pleased with this.

The digestive component was a "possibly effective" part of this supplement. I already take fiber and other OTC things for IBS, but found myself taking these a few more days spread apart than I typically take them. That is a HUGE improvement (any improvement in GI health is a big deal for me).

Overall, the product definitely did not reach all of it's claims and it did not provide me with 'superior' health, but it did work somewhat.

1 bottle = 1 month supply
    The company website offers one bottle for $19 (shipping world wide is $9.95), and gives steeper deals the more bottle you buy, as well as a three month automatic delivery program that you can sign up for. The automatic delivery thing sounds scammy to me, and I don't like the idea of them, but if someone really likes a product, this is a great way to get it at the best price possible.
    IF this product did everything that it claimed to do, I wouldn't mind it at a dollar a day, but for me this product just kind of worked, and for that it is way too expensive for me to say it would be worth purchasing. Something to consider though, is that this product is geared to deliver multiple parts of a person's supplement needs, and is a convenient way to get everyting in, without forgetting to take "your joint pills" or "your vitamin."

This is something that the user would have to weigh out for themselves when it comes to price.

Side Effects

There were absolutely no side effects for me taking this supplement. I was very pleased with this, as every multivitamin that I take usually upsets my stomach if it is not taken with food. I started taking this with my post-workout shake, and then gradually took it later and later at night. So I had more of an empty stomach right before bed, and still have no nausea or any GI upset.

Conclusion

The overall idea of what this product is supposed to be is GREAT. The manufacturer really has a great idea for an already over-saturated market of vitamins and supplements. If they could focus a bit more on the effectiveness of the product and keep it affordable for the everyday athlete and weekend warrior, I think they could do really well. This worked in some ways for me, but not at all in other claims. I really dig the idea and convenience of it though.

December 23, 2015

• Once A Day Use

I take vitamins. Really that's it, lol. I'm not an expert on all the things that really matter such as sourcing, forms, raws, dosage, etc. 99.99% of us aren't. But what I can do is offer my unscientific and anecdotal thoughts on why I like this product:

I'm not going to go too deep into the actual ingredients because frankly, micros aren't might area of expertise. What I do know is that dose and quality does matter. But this contains the expected vitamin and mineral components. I will say that it's a bit light on two of the ingredients I look for the most: zinc and magnesium. And I prefer them both in citrate forms (generally better absorption I'm told), so that's good for the magnesium but not so much for the zinc (sulfate). But this does also include a super food blend and an enzyme complex so perhaps that balances out the absorption factors. This also contains a joint complex and anti-inflammatories. And taken as a whole I rate this as a very solid choice for most active people.

I really liked that this is only two tablets - easy to take, no burprs or aftertaste and relatively easy to swallow. Compared with other vitamins that require 9 horse-pill sized tablets, I'm thrilled at the convenience and ease of use of a single daily dose of 2 tabs.

I really didn't see much of an impact one way or the other from the joint support. Fortunately, that's really not something that's important for me in choosing a multi so I call it a push on joint support.

I agree with APSU's mantra of using a vitamin in conjunction with healthy diet. For me vitamin's are an insurance policy; I still try to rely upon a healthy and well balanced diet in order to get my minerals and vitamins.

Perhaps the most helpful insight I can offer is that I've gone the way of using high shelf vitamins such as Garden of Life and at almost 3 times the price, I simply did not get a noticeable benefit in comparison to how I felt on APSU. Now granted, I've just taken 1 month, but I've already placed an order to use these for longer.

And like others, I place a good bit of faith in the change in the color of my urine when on a vitamin and this product did not impact it at all, which is an important plus for me.

I think this is an excellent value. You can get one month for $18.90 on Amazon (with Prime shipping) or get 3 bottles from the manufacturer for $17.30 a bottle and free shipping. A great value either way.

Conclusion

Like I said - a solid choice for a multi. The gold standard for me is whether or not I'll buy it on my own and that's just what I did. Take it for what it's worth, but that's my highest endorsement.

Overall
      Overall
      6.3
        December 20, 2015

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Easy To Swallow
      • Once A Day Use
      • Low Dosages Of Enzymes And Superfoods

Just want to give a quick thank you to APSU for letting me try this product via TROOPS.

So one of this product's main selling points is that it is best used in conjunction with a well-balanced diet. With that purpose in mind, the dosages are at or lower than 100% RDV for many of the ingredients. Oddly enough, this extends to the joint-complex as it very under-dosed. That being said, I like the inclusion of the joint, fruit/vegetable, and digestive blends but I just feel they are under-dosed. I understand the whole, "eat a well balanced to make up the missing %s of the vitamins and minerals" and that this is a true "supplement" to your diet, but how I am realistically going to get enough MSM, Glucosamine, and Chondroitin in my diet? Additionally, I'm not a huge fan of the under-dosing of minerals and vitamins. I get that it is a true "supplement" to the diet and not a replacement for a bad diet, but to be honest I take a multi-vitamin because my diet isn't that great. If it was a well-balanced diet, theoretically I wouldn't need a multi-vitamin supplement. However, I respect APSU for taking this approach because I am sure it appeals to plenty of people and I knew this going into the review so I deduct nothing for that, only for the under-dosing of blends that even a good, well balanced diet wouldn't realistically meet.

Dosing was simple and easy. 2 medium sized pills in the morning. Painless. I usually took mine with my first meal but occasionally I'd forget and take them at lunch or dinner. No noticeable differences with the different timing.

I'm basing this rating off the "seemed like it was working, but not much of a boost." That pretty much sums up exactly how I felt about this product. I felt like it was probably helping a bit but nothing significant. For example, I felt a little more energy than when I wasn't taking anything (I had been holding off buying another tub of Orange Triad + Greens so I had a decent control for how I felt without and multi-vitamin supplementation). However, I did get pretty sick while taking this. Now that's not completely the fault of this product but it is worth nothing that with my go-to Orange Triad + Greens, I rarely get sick. Still, I could have gotten sick from anyone in class, in the city, or in the clubs. Perhaps I should have felt at least a slightly expedited recovery from the flu with this but I had to really battle it so I'll deduct some for the lack of expedited recovery as opposed to just getting the flu. As far as the blends go, I felt some slight improvement in my joints but nothing significant. I'd describe it as the difference between a C- and C+. I didn't feel anything in the way of digestion with the enzyme blend however. I honestly have no idea how to tell the effectiveness of a fruit/vegetable blend (energy and immunity maybe?) apart from the effectiveness of the supplement as a whole so I'm giving it a N/A. Ultimately, the blends are nice but too under-dosed to get the full effects.

6.5/10
      I found this for about $19 on Amazon for a 30 supply. In comparison, Opti-Men is also about $19 for a 30 day supply. I would have given this a 7/10 for value with that rating, but Opti-Men also has bigger bottles with more servings and a better cost-per-serving ratio. Granted this is a bit more of a niche product, but brands like ON have a lot more active ingredients for about the same cost @ a 30 day supply, and a better cost-per-serving ratio with the bigger bottles. Thus, I must give APSU the slight L here. I will say, however, that if you are looking for this kind of niche product then $19 is not bad for a 30 day supply.

Side Effects

No side effects here and none were expected.

Conclusion

6.3/10
      I went with a 6.3/10 rating for this product as opposed to a 6.5 ((6+6.5+7)/3) since I think the most important part of a multi-vitamin supplement is the effectiveness. So, I deducted another .2 to reflect the effectiveness a bit more. Other than that, there really is not much more to say. This is not a product for someone to fill all the gaps of a unbalanced diet. If you're diet is pretty balanced, however, then you needn't look any further. Likewise, this product is not really for someone looking for full (or close-enough) joint support. With those concerns in mind, I would only recommend this product if someone is really looking to "supplement" their diet as opposed to fill all the nutritional voids. Ultimately, for that niche this product is perfect but for most people this is probably not worth it.

9.5
        December 8, 2015

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Seemed To Help My Immune System
      • Once A Day Use

Many fitness enthusiasts would say that a multi vitamin is one supplement that you should never be without. I am probably one of the only people you will find that does not necessarily believe you need a multivitamin if you are eating a balanced diet filled with different fruits and vegetables. In college while I was eating nothing but unhealthy foods, I would feel super lethargic every day and would constantly battle colds, especially during the colder weather. Ever since I started becoming more conscious of what I was putting into my body, I generally feel energized just about everyday and have not gotten sick in a long time. Even when I get a minor stuffy nose, it usually clears up within a day or two max (in addition to drinking a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar--try it next time you have a cold).

With that being said, I really like what APSU has put together with this multi. Nothing is super overdosed where it is unnecessary and end up flushing it out through your urine or storing in your body. I also really like the inclusion of the joint support ingredients (although also under-dosed). This is produced in the USA in a GMP certified facility, so that is always welcomed to see.

I am sure at a first glance, many people would be confused as to why this multi does not have 100%+ daily value of all of the vitamins and minerals included. Personally, I do not mind that everything is not dosed in a 500% DV range. A multi is supposed to supplement your diet. It is not supposed to be the sole source of your vitamins and minerals. I know a lot of people that take a multi and feel that it replaces eating vegetables. It is evident when you take other multivitamins that you are flushing at least a portion of the water soluble vitamins (B and C) out through your urine when it turns fluorescent in color. For the fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K), it is actually possible to reach toxic levels of them; although one must consume a very high level of them. However, that is why I do not like multivitamins that contain a high value of the fat soluble vitamins because it could mean one of two things: it is unnecessary and could potentially lead to toxic levels over time or it means that the company does not think you absorb all of the vitamins and needs to include more.

APSU's multi contains four sections on the label. The first section is a 16 vitamin and mineral blend. One thing I noticed about this section is that I did not see any vitamin K added in the profile. Vitamin K is normally the least supplemented vitamin, but it is needed to clot the blood and for bone health. Vitamin K can be found in a lot of green vegetables--mostly kale--so if you are eating them, this should not be too much of a concern.

There is also a joint support added to this multi which consists of glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM at a total of one gram. Yes, this is under-dosed, but it is not a strictly a joint support supplement. I like the inclusion of the it and will comment more on it below. Next is a fruit and vegetable blend containing 42 different foods. This is a total of 250 mg so initially it seems really low, but a lot of these exotic foods are expensive and obviously if more are included, the price of the supplement will rise. Finally there is a plant based enzyme complex to help with the absorption of the vitamin.

Taste/Dosing

Taste: N/A it is a pill. No nasty burps or anything like that.

Dosing: Take two tablets daily. I took mine with my breakfast because it was the most convenient for me. Could not get any easier than that. There are 60 tablets altogether so this will run you about a month's time if you follow the dosing protocol.

A multivitamin like this is a bit hard for me to judge its effectiveness so I will comment on its four claims.

Energy/Focus: I don't know if I received a huge energy boost after taking this, but then again I was not expecting one either. I have a pretty consistent sleep schedule where I get 7-8 hours of sleep a night, so I normally feel pretty refreshed and alert already.

Immune Support: Like I mentioned earlier, I rarely ever get sick anymore, but with the change of weather, a little cold may be expected. I did not even have a sniffle while on this, so this leads me to believe this product helped in that sense.

Stamina/Recovery: Unfortunately I did not see any noticeable increase in stamina or recovery time. This does not contain any BCAAs or anything like that such as say Animal Pak, so I am not sure if vitamins and minerals alone would lead to a noticeable better recovery.

Joint Health: Although this is not dosed at a proper level, I truly did see improvements in my knees especially. For a portion of the time taking this multi, I was also taking Alphamax which started to make my knees ache (I started Alphamax about two weeks prior to receiving APSU's multi in the mail). After increasing my fish oil intake as well as starting to take this multi, my achy knees started to get better within a few days.

When I first saw this product, it was priced at $29.90 per one bottle, $26.30 per bottle if you purchase three, or $24.15 per bottle if you purchase three at a time with automatic refills. I thought that was pretty high initially. They have a sale now at the time of writing this review where one bottle is $19.90, $17.30 per bottle if you purchase three, or $15.30 per bottle if you purchase three with the refills. I believe this is a great value for what you are receiving. Hopefully they can keep this price where it is at now.

Side Effects

No side effects to report.

Conclusion

I really like what this company stands for and I believe Laurent of APSU has designed a solid multivitamin. There is nothing overkill or unnecessary about this multivitamin and I do not see a reason why you would not like to at least give it a try, especially at how low it is priced currently.