Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #4 of 234 (better than 99%) in

Mesomorph is a pre workout supplement by APS (Advanced Performance Supplements, owned by Hi-Tech Pharma). It is one of the few products to keep DMAA and reported to be highly effective, however some don't like that Mesomorph contains proprietary blends on the label.
ARTICLES
DEALS (3)
COMPARE SIMILAR

mcglynn1813
  February 24, 2017

----Introduction----
This was my FIRST DMAA pre-workout, and I still maintain that this has the best energy of any pre-workout. I can't tell you how many deadlift/squat/bench PR's I hit while using Mesomorph. The added strength/energy is unparalleled. This comes at quite the hefty crash, though.

----Ingredient Profile----
Solid ingredient profile. It is truly a loaded scoop, I usually used 3/4ths of a scoop and occasionally bumped it up to a full scoop when i needed a little extra jolt.
Compared to other pre workouts, it seems to have a pretty loaded formula, most don't contain DMAA (Jack'd Up and Superpump 250 are the only other ones, I think) in ADDITION to a full 300mg of caffeine. As for the other ingredients, the scoop is huge (15.5g) so I have a feeling that the dosages of creatine, beta alanine, citrulline, and agmatine aren't too far off of the effective dosages.
I felt more of a tingle with this, than most others, so I can safely guess that there is enough beta alanine.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Doesn't taste great, I often thought it was overly sweet (I've tried icy rocket pop twice), but it wasn't the worst tasting preworkout I've ever tried. I usually just chugged it and the taste wasn't a problem. It mixes well, there isn't much solute (undissolved solid) left after adding 8-12 oz of water.

Energy:
As i said in the intro: MESOMORPH WILL WAKE YOU UP. The energy is fantastic and I haven't had a pre workout that has even come close to what I would feel after taking a scoop of mesomorph. Strength goes up markedly, I hit many PR's when using it, and mesomorph was definitely my go-to for heavy lifting days. The energy lasts, too. I often had enough energy to bust through 90 minutes of high intensity workouts without getting tired, and it's effects could probably work for workouts up to 3 hours long. The focus is fantastic throughout the duration of any workout, and it often had me in the gym for longer than any other preworkout, I've tried, even including high stim ones like Mr Hyde, Pre Jym, and Total War.
Pump:
The only downside is that I did not get a great pump while using it, I often found myself taking another product, like pump-HD or NO3, simultaneously to get the complete experience of strength and pump. I was ultimately disappointed by this since, the label states it has agmatine, arginine, and citrulline, which should make for a killer workout pump, but I was underwhelmed. Oftentimes, if i didnt combine it with a non stim pump product, I would feel no different than if i had not taken any preworkout at all (aside from the crazy added energy)

If I were just considering the energy, I'd give it's effectiveness an 11/10, but since the pump was so pedestrian, I give the overall effectiveness an 8/10

----Value----
It's not the cheapest pwo I've ever bought, but since I used 3/4 scoops most of the time, a single tub lasted me about 40-50 workouts, so still a good deal. (I think I paid $60 for two tubs at the time) I still have the second tub after almost a year (I'll explain below), so my initial investment has worked out to about $0.75/workout, definitely a bargain.
9/10 on value

----Side Effects----
While the energy is unmatched, so is the crash. I didn't notice it the first few times I used it, but after awhile I would begin to feel extremely fatigued about 3.5 hours or so after initially taking it. This was an intense fatigue that was almost akin to depression symptoms, and lasted about 2 hours before I'd feel normal again. Often the only things I could do to curb this were to either take a nap/take some other stim. Because of this, I stopped taking it about halfway through my second tub, and have gone back to it sparingly since.

----Conclusion----
If you want a hard-hitting pwo that will give you uncontrollable energy, look no further than Mesomorph. However, be aware of the horrible crash that will ensue. Because of the crash, it pushes the overall value of mesomorph down to an 8.5/10 for me.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Drinkable
  • Did Not Build Up Tolerance
  • Animal-like Aggression
  • Extreme Mental And Physical Activity
  • No Fatigue
  • Focus
  • Rocket pop: 7/10
BigHoop65
TROOPer Level: 12
  December 25, 2016

(Thanks to APS for sending it out!)
I had a cool exchange with APS / Hi-Tech reps this past year and they pushed Mesomorph really hard. It just seemed like they were doing their job really well. This really afforded me the opportunity to see if they weren't just talking it up.

----Ingredient Profile----
What turned me off to Mesomorph almost a year ago wasn't just the proprietary blend... it was how nonsensical the prop blend is built on paper. If the claim is 4000mg of beta alanine and 5000mg of citrulline... how is it that they are 1 and 2, respectively, in a matrix blend that weighs in at 6500mg? How much of that blend is Arginine AKG? That being said, it would be that much more awesome if there is truth to the claim.

The second is 4500mg of a cell filling matrix consisting of di-creatine malate, taurine, creatine nitrate, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), creatinol-o-phosphate and agmatine sulfate. Another question is why agmatine sulfate is not listed with the nitric oxide portion of the blend?

The last 1870mg blend is for stim and focus: glucoronolactone, caffeine anhydrous, theobromine, naringin, and of course Geranaburn (DMAA).

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I was fortunate enough to receive the pineapple flavor, which is amazing. It's just shy of a perfect flavor. There is a small hint of sour and bitterness in there. But the pineapple flavor is so profound and sweet that it doesn't matter.

The mixability isn't top notch as it can get dusty. But I wouldn't consider it worth a genuine complaint.

Mesomorph is a proud one-scooper and needs an assessment from anyone that doesn't know their stim tolerance yet.

----Effectiveness----
It was epic to see not only how well Mesomorph performed, but with such consistency. Even on my worst workout mornings, I was no less than dialed in with focus. In terms of strength and actual workout performance, any fall off I had on a particular day came from my own side of things (sleep, food, water, etc) because Mesomorph always did its thing. The pump aspect was also sneaky to me since the stim and focus had always hit me first. Once you get going, the pump is right behind you.

----Value----
The normal rate is ~ $35 + shipping or $40 at a storefront. Considering the awesomeness and getting 25 servings, I don't see much of a cause for complaint. Anything close to $30 + shipping or $35 over-the-counter is a worthwhile deal.

----Side Effects----
A swift kick in the head and chest if you underestimate the stim effects. Mind the crash if your post-workout meal isn't too thick.

----Conclusion----
Mesomorph was truly a pleasure to work with. I went from giving it a side eye this year to marking it as one of my favorite pre-workouts, if not my clear favorite. I wish there was transparency and clarity on the label though. This pre is TOO good to hide the dosing and not let it shine as to how well these ingredients mesh together. Just when I thought there might not be enough of one thing, it's somehow formulated that they back each other up well. I would've like to see betaine and/or a glyerol form make an appearance on this label, but I don't feel it's as necessary with this profile.

Thank you all for taking the time.
As always: thoughts, comments, questions, concerns and critique are welcome.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • No Fatigue
  • Great Pump
  • Did Not Build Up Tolerance
  • Loss Of Appetite
  • Proprietary Blend
  • Pineapple: 9/10
kalans
TROOPer Level: 69

December 19, 2016

Supplement Facts
Mesomorph, this is the real deal! I compared this to Noxipro (Amp C version) throughout my usage, which in comparison is similar in effectiveness and strength! This was actually the first DMAA product that I had taken, while it was sometime last year it was clear the dreaded crash that I had faced with Amp C was not existent nor was the anxiety faced in addition to DMHA. Purity, well dosed, patented ingredients! The negative to this product is the proprietary blends and the less than clinical dosages. I wont break down the label completely, but the blends with the ingredients do not allow for Clinical dosages in dosages given. For a complete breakdown I would refer you to Gdolce42's review, which he did an excellent job or priceplow via the link below. I will note that priceplow established a few dosages which were unknown: 3.2g beta alanine, 300mg Vitamin C, 1.3g Glucuronolactone, and 65mg DMAA. With the close ties that priceplow has with Hi-Tech I am surprised more dosages weren't given like caffeine, yet obviously they aren't wanting a fully disclosed label so it makes sense.

Taste Mixability Dosing
You really can't get better flavoring than here, yeah the flavor I received for this review was Tutti Frutti and previously tried Rocket Pop. Both flavors are excellent and taste just as the names elude to, but Rocket Pop was by far the better one. Mixability was fine with minimal foaming and residue in the shaker, in fact I would say it mixed better than other products yet they typically contain more citruline or hydromax etc. Dosing for me was varied by starting off at 1 serving and going up to 1.5 servings verified by gram weight.

Effectiveness 9.2/10
In my experience with DMAA/DMHA/Amp C products there is a unfortunate tolerance build up, which just like Noxipro the product performed amazingly when the usage was spread out (ie a week between usage). Starting off with 1 serving the first time was like magic, something you never thought possible. The focus was the most noticeable effect from the start, as it was literally like having tunnel vision. When the endurance mattered it was there with no issues. Energy was great, and so was pump while it felt a bit lacking. As I continued to use it in the first week at 1 serving with consecutive days, I felt the focus to be more diminished each day and everything else remained the same. At this point I would rate it 8.9/10 being taken consecutively at 1 serving. Four days went by before I ran this again, and this time at 1.5 servings which proved to be potent like the first dosing. Notable this time was increased pump and endurance, but not an over whelming amount. At this dosage I would rate it at 9.4, yet I wasn't using it connectively. In the end throughout all the usage I felt the tolerance build up was as expected in terms of focus, but still effective thus rating was adjusted and averaged to reflect it.

Value 8.2/10
Unless you find this product on sale or at a discount by purchasing 2 etc, you can find this product for $34.95 at 25 servings providing a $1.40 cost per serving.. This is a good value given you are not dosing more than one serving, but if you are needing 1.5-2 servings it is a less than stellar value. Currently on the market you will find so many DMAA + DMHA products, which receive a better value based on their profiles and typically only needing 1 serving. Not a horrible value for the quality and serving amount.

Overall 8.8/10
In short I would recommend this product entirely! It is manufactured by one of the leading supplement companies, and therefor I have no doubts it contains what is on the label with no trickery. If you are keeping this on the shelf for when you really don't feel like heading to the gym, buy it! Noxipro was great when I had taken it, but I would recommend this over that based on dosage size alone. Word of caution: This contains DMAA, and if you compete in Natural shows it is banned.. Thank you APS and Hi-Tech for your participation with SupplementReviews.com and I hope to see you guys on here more.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Intense Focus
  • Good Pump
  • Great Endurance
  • Excellent Taste
  • Powerful Fomula
  • Proprietary Blend
  • Tolerance Build Up
  • Value
  • Tutti Frutti: 7/10
  • Rocket pop: 10/10
mhseaver670
TROOPer Level: 78

December 8, 2016

(Thanks to APS for sending it out!)
APS mesomorph, Man have I read a ton of people talking about this stuff before I got a chance to grab one for myself. I have witnessed on this site and others that this was a well received preworkout for the masses. First off I want to say thank you to the people at APS for not being a little chicken and bringing back the wonderful feeling of DMAA in a Pre workout again. Thank you.

Profile
Prop blend = sad face .
Now I totally understand why companies do this but it really becoming a thing of the past and it is now the new hip thing to do and go fully disclosed label. That said. Just trying to peak inside this and from things I have read about it. It is not a bad blend.
From what I do understand this does have 3.2 grams of beta alanine that everyone looks for.
It does have some good stuff I like to see like AAKG, Cit malate. 3 different creatines, but I can do without the creatine as I feel it is better to get that from a stand alone. Of course it does have the loved, tried and true DMAA in it also.

Taste 8
I had the Pineapple and it was really good. Not too strong, not too weak no matter how it was mixed.

Mixing 8
Some foaming but it went away well and mixed well enough for me.

Effectiveness 8.7
This was pretty awesome to have the DMAA push in the gym once again. Great focus and never too stimmed out to focus like some have done in the past. The thing with DMAA is for me it is a different kind of energy. It does not make me jittery like caffeine does me. One other reviewer mentioned the tingles from this, but I did not feel them as much as I have from other preworkouts. I am okay with that.
The focus and energy I had was like the old school first edition Jack3d from back in the day. Absolutely focused and ready to kill the weights.
The pumps was legit too. Honestly pretty impressive for a straight up Pre workout. I never got a big crash like others users have mentioned as well. I mean yea I come down but not crash. I did seem to carry a pump for while after leaving the gym . I never had those dreaded emergency bathroom trips like some have down too. Man those are the worst.

Value 8.5
Pretty solid pick here guys. For around 35 bucks you can get 25 doses of a true one serving pre workout that kicks butt. I do not know how else to sell it other than that.

Overall 8.5
Other than a blend label. I dig this stuff. I wished I would have tried this sooner and will be looking for this on sale soon when I need a good solid Pre workout. Good job here APS. Thank you for being a part of SR.com
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Crash
  • Animal-like Aggression
  • Extreme Mental And Physical Activity
  • Great Pump
  • Calm Controlled Focus Untill The Last Rep
  • No Fatigue
  • Blend Label
  • Pineapple: 8/10
Wade419
TROOPer Level: 29
  November 26, 2016

----Introduction----
There aren't very many pre-workout supplements that come up onto the market that are willing to capture a good, wide range profile of ingredients that include attention to focus, pump, and stimulants at an affordable price. After viewing over the ingredient label I knew I had to give Mesomorph a shot to see how well it would stack up to the great pre-workouts of the past. I would like to send out a special thanks to APS for giving me the opportunity to try out Mesomorph!

----Ingredient Profile----
APS did a great job with including a full spectrum of stimulant, focus, and nitric oxide boosting supplements in Mesomorph but the only problem is that it's impossible to get an idea on the exact dosing due its use of the dreaded "proprietary blend". I can't fully chime in on dosing for Mesomorph due to this fact but I do believe that it's dosed correctly just from the effect it has on my workouts, but I'll get more into that in the following sections. Mesomorph has an excellent ingredient profile that utilizes nitric oxide boosters like L-Citrulline Malate, Agmatine Sulfat, AKG. It's also uses powerful doses of stimulants like caffeine and most notably the return of DMAA. Multiple cell-volumizing creatine olblends including di-creatine malate, creatine nitrate, and creatinol-o-phosphate. And finally the muscular endurance enhancing effects from the popular beta alanine. Mesomorph really does encompass an insanely good blend ingredients and from experience it felt like it didn't skimp on any of the ingredients.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I absolutely love the fact that APS decided to release Rocket Pop as a flavor for Mesomorph and they did a pretty good job at that. I'm sure many of us have fond memories of scarfing down tons of rocket pop popsicles on hot summer days as children and this provides a nice trip down memory lane. It tastes about as close to the real thing that it could be as a powdered flavor with about 12oz of water, though the mixability will make sure that you refill up at least 1 extra time to get it all down. I've always had a significant amount of sediment left over against the walls of my bottle after chugging which is somewhat annoying but not a deal breaker by any means in my book. It also uses a larger then normal scooper (15g) for each individual dose that is still pretty water bottle friendly.

----Effectiveness----
As I mentioned before, Mesomorph contains a pretty wide spectrum of ingredients and they all hit pretty hard to provide an intense workout enhancing effect. I typically take my pre-workouts before getting out of my car in the gym parking lot since the walk inside, time to change, and refill water offers enough time for the supplement to start kicking in. I don't know what kind of beta alanine APS uses for Mesomorph but I must say that it tingles like no other pre-workout I've ever used. It starts almost immediately and doesn't go away till I finally start hitting the weights which gives me extra pep in my step to hurry onto the gym floor. The DMAA and caffeine kick in rather quickly too and give you that adrenaline-like feeling that makes you want to absolutely attack the weights for each and every set to failure. The other nitric oxide boosting supplements also provide an excellent pump that lasts way past the entire workout. The pump for me personally gets so good that I literally feel like I have imaginary lat syndrome non-stop on back days, but yeah the pumps are amazing! However everything that goes up must eventually come down and Mesomorph is no exception to this because the crash can be pretty rough post-workout, but I personally have to say that it's well-worth the crash for how much it positively affects my workout.

----Value----
I scoured the internet and was able consistently find Mesomorph for $35 at most reputable supplement sites. At 25 servings per tub it comes to $1.40 per serving and considering the ingredient profile and personal effectiveness its had on my workouts it is most definitely worth the price tag. It's pretty rare to be able to find a pre-workout with a ingredient profile of this caliber for only $35 and although it's filled with several proprietary blends I do believe that they utilize doses that must be close to what is deemed to be clinically effective.

----Side Effects----
Might be too strong on the stimulant side for people that aren't used to taking pre-workouts. Also not a good option for individuals that dislike the "tingling" beta alanine feeling.

----Conclusion----
APS did a pretty amazing job with creating Mesomorph by encompassing an all-in-one pre-workout with all the bells and whistles that any gym rat could ever ask for at an affordable price. It's pretty unfortunate that they decided to label every supplement in Mesomorph under proprietary blends but I am fairly confident that most of the ingredients are effectively dosed. Regardless of the blends, Mesomorph is a powerhouse of a pre-workout that never stops working till way after the gym session ends. Though it's not a pre-workout for any supplement newbies by any means, any lifter that loves strong pre-workouts absolutely needs to give Mesomorph a try. I would go as far as to say that at this current moment Mesomorph has assumed the position as my favorite pre-workout supplement that can still be legally purchased in stores. Cheers!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Aggressive
  • Focus
  • Great Pump
  • Did Not Build Up Tolerance
  • Increased Muscle Endurance
  • Crash
  • Poor Mixability
WarMachine
TROOPer Level: 71
  November 11, 2016

----Introduction----

A huge thanks to APS for providing mesomorph for the SR ERs and Troops to try out. My history with APS supplements is limited to only their test booster testalensis, which I used way back during my TRI-SARM cycle. I found to be pretty decent, but other than that, I have no other experience with APS. That is until mesomorph presented itself as an opportunity. Mesomorph is a pre workout formulated with several well-known ingredients that we typically find in most of today's popular pwos. What makes mesomorph stand out though, is that it is one of the few pwos on today's market containing the past banned ingredient DMAA. I used more pwos in my time than you could count including those with DMAA. Per usual, I know what I wanted and what I would want to expect from this product.

Three prop blends?.....Criminal

However, lets not break the deal just yet. The three prop blends are given their own unique names with particular ingredients. The following analysis is based on a full scoop dose.

First we have the Synthenox/Carnosine Nitroc oxide blend. This blend consists of beta-alanine, L-Citrulline Malate, and AAKG at a blend dosage of 6500mg. According to APS's own description, a full scoops serving of mesomorph provides 4g of beta alanine. Sounds good, but with only 2500mg remaining, one could presume that the L-citrulline malate and AAKG are most likely under-dosed to a degree.

Next we have the Mesoswell/Cell Volumizing ATP Matrix. This 4500mg matrix contains Di-creatine malate, L-taurine, creatine nitrate, abscorbic acid, agmatine, and creatinol-o-phosphate. Definitely some good ingredients, but again, it is likely that not each of these are dosed favorable.

Lastly, there is the Neuro-Morphed Neuro-energized Stimulant matrix dosed at 1870mg. Here we have a couple of forms of caffeine stimulant sources, naringin, and DMAA. I'd say these are the more accurately dosed ingredients given the prop quantitiy of the matrix and that caffeine and DMAA don't need significantly high doses to be effective.

Overall, getting over the prop blend disliking, I would say this is a solid profile.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

I received rocket pop and I personally enjoyed. I wasn't entirely indicative of the childhood popsicle favorite most of us may remember, but still good if you are familiar with how that popsicle satisfied your childhood sweet tooth on those hot summer days.

The product's mixability was good. I always used water and it mixed fine without any fine grit or undissolved material.

The dosing is typical of most pre-workouts. I took one full scoop about 20-30 minutes before hitting the iron.

----Effectiveness----

Gonna resort to the category format for this one.

Energy (9/10): A little shy of a full ten, but nonetheless, the energy from mesomorph was awesome. The surge was clean, consistent, and lasted throughout my entire workout regardless how long my sessions were. This was especially helpful when I had to hit the gym early mornings or after college classes.

Pump (8/10): I got a good solid pump from mesomorph all the time. Noticed my vascularity in several prominent areas to be more visual especially during high volume phases. Muscle fullness and swole were definitely felt on those heavy compound stints.

Focus (8/10): Wasn't expecting much in this area given the ingredient dosages, but I was taken by surprise here. My focus was pinpoint sharp throughout my workouts similar to a nootropic's influence. I had a more predominant mindset and was more honed on completing level objectives on all movements.

Endurance (7/10): As I mentioned in past pwo reviews, I don't pay too much attention to endurance benefits because I generally have a good level of endurance to begin with. Nevertheless, mesomorph surprised me here as well. Thanks I think mostly to the beta alanine and DMAA, I felt a noticeable increase in my endurance capacity. I was less fatigued both during and after extended volume rep sets and during my boxing and heavy cardio sessions, I found that I was able to re-engage intervals with somewhat less rest.

Overall, mesomorph shined in all areas I was hoping it would. It is definitely a pre workout that will make its way to my list of top pwo products.

----Value----

The cheapest price I was able to find mesomorph was 34.95. This value is a bit of a stretch for me considering the tub only comes with 25 servings as opposed to a full 30 supply. I think it depends mostly on how much you dose as to how you would view the value. If you take a full scoop like me, that price seems a tad high in comparison to some others with full month supply servings. If you are a half scoop user, than the value is much better. Overall, given the mesomorph is a great product, I'd say the value is decent, but you'd absolutely want to try and catch on sale anytime you can.

beta alanine tingles

----Conclusion----

Mesomorph is an all around great pre workout that I would strongly recommend to anyone who wants the extra energy edge in the gym. If you're one of the less stim tolerant than you'll want to start with a half a scoop, but for my more stim junkie-esque fitness buffs, hit up the full scoop for some real fun. Be sure to try to catch it on sale and don't hesitate on the rocket pop flavor.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO PATS!!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Crash
  • Endurance
  • Did Not Build Up Tolerance
  • Extreme Mental And Physical Activity
  • Great Pump
  • Calm Controlled Focus Untill The Last Rep
  • Tingles
workoutguru
TROOPer Level: 63
  October 31, 2016

First off I want to thank APS Nutrition for letting me have the chance to give this product a try. I have been hearing a lot about this company and never really looked into them much until lately. After what I had been seeing I thought their products looked rather interesting and wanted to give this a try. I had heard from a few other people that thought this was a decent product and was rather excited to finally give it a try.

Ingredients:
My first complaint I have with the profile here is the prop blends they use. They have a lot of really good stuff in here but don't tell you how much of each ingredient you are really getting. All you get in each area is a total amount of everything they put in here. They do break this up into three parts. First you get your Synthenox-carnosine/nitric oxide complex. Then Mesowell-cell volumizing ATP matrix. and last you get Neuromoph-neuro energized stimulant matrix. They say this is clinically dosed and I would say for the most part it is except for there are 4g of beta alanine per scoop. The issue with this I have is because 2.5g of L-Citrulline DL-Malate 2:1 and AAKG is not a clinical official dose. The 4g of beta alanine for some people may be a bit overkill I think when the clinical dose is 3.2g I do like that they use creatine nitrates because I have used them before and found to work pretty good for me. I like the addition of DMAA but it does have it's pros and cons. On paper the profile looks great but with the prop blends they use makes it a little harder to rate without knowing just how much of each ingredient you are getting. I still feel it delivered well so don't let the transparency of the label stop you from trying this.

Value:
On most sites I am seeing this sell for $34.95 and you get 25 servings. I feel this is a little on the high side if your doing a full scoop each time. I know some people were getting by with half scoop and if you do then the price is not as bad. For me I used a full scoop each time so I feel the price is a high for me. I would like to see this increased to 30 servings and then I would be ok with the price.

Taste:
I had wanted to try their tutti frutti flavor but was sent there rocket pop instead which I was ok with. This was kind of hard to explain just what it tasted like. This did not have that taste that you knew for sure what this was suppose to taste like. I figured this kind of tasted like a grape flavor but not totally. It was something I did enjoy the more I used it. It was nothing to sweet or tart at all. Seemed to have just the right flavoring to it. This will for sure be nothing you will not enjoy drinking.

Mixing/Dosing:
For the most part mixing was no issue at all. Maybe just a little slight residue left over but nothing to be worried about at all. I will say they use a bit of dyes in this because when mixed it turned a dark purple color. It was cool to see but I would rather they not use any dyes. Dosing was pretty simple. Take one scoop before workout. What's nice about this is that you won't need to more than one scoop at a time.

This I found to be a pretty effective pre-workout for me. I know some people thought this was a bit to stim heavy for them. For me I thought this was just right on energy for my liking. I felt this gave me some pretty good energy that really seemed to last a long time. A lot of the times at the end of my workouts I felt like I could have kept going a little longer. This does have DMAA in it and I feel this really helped with giving me more energy to keep going. DMAA does have it's pros and cons for me. Giving me more energy was good but the cons I noticed from it were after my workouts I did notice a bit of a crash at times. Also I noticed this caused me a little bit of shortness of breathe because there were times I felt I was breathing a lot heavier than I normally do. I am fine if they want to keep using DMAA in here because the pros of it I feel were a lot better than the con parts I noticed. I know a lot of people said the pumps they got from this were pretty good. Well for me I have a really hard time noticing pumps. For me I thought the pumps from this were so so. If I do notice any pumps they are usually real short and do not last very long and that is how they felt for me when using this. I feel my focus from this was pretty good. I felt I could really lock into my workouts better and could block out other stuff a lot better. I feel I did get some decent strength gains from this. I know they use creatine nitrates in this and like I said above I have used them before and have had good results from them. I was not breaking PR's with this but my lifts seemed to go a lot easier and felt stronger. I did notice that after my workouts when I got home and was ready to eat supper that this did take away a little bit of my appetite because I did not seem to eat as much as I normal would to get full. I would be fine with that if I was on more of a cut but not when I am trying to bulk more. I do think this made me look a little more leaner because I was not eating as much. I know my weight did go down some from this but at least I did not loose much for strength gains because of that which usually happens when I start to lose weight. I think this is more of a performance type pre-workout which I did like. I know this might not be for everyone but it is worth trying at least once. If your looking for some good strength, endurance, recovery, focus, and energy this I think hits all of those areas really well.

Side Effects:
Like I said above the crash I got from this and the shortness of breathe at times. Those were about the only things I noticed.

Overall:
For the most part I was pretty happy with this pre-workout. I think this hit all areas really well that a pre-workout should. I would highly recommend giving this a try. I feel this is one of the better pre-workouts on the market. I could for sure see myself using this again but more so if I was on a cut rather than trying to bulk. My only regret is that I did not try this pre-workout sooner. I really wish they would do away with the prop blends and let you know just how much you are getting with each ingredient. I can let the prop blend side since this turned out to work pretty well for me. Again I want to thank APS Nutrition for making such a great product and for letting me try this.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Drinkable
  • Aggressive
  • Focus
  • No Fatigue
  • Calm Controlled Focus Untill The Last Rep
  • Great Pump
Gdolce42
TROOPer Level: 5
  October 14, 2016

----Introduction----
After attending Mr. Olympia this past September I was able to gather enough supplements to last me a couple months. Curiously, I was going through the pre-workouts and decided to try out Mesomorph by APS. There are two reasons I decided to try this of all the types 1) because it had the most beta-alanine in it and 2) because I had enough single serve packets to make up and entire tub (about 25 servings). I will only review supplements that I can take for a long period of time because I want to see the long term effects just as badly as the short term effects. Mesomorph has a great formula to get you pumped and has NO CAFFEINE which I enjoy. I was able to rep weights that I struggled previously (I don't know if this was because I felt good), I was able to front squat 315 2x, which is a personal best for me.

----Ingredient Profile----
Beta alanine - In most-preworkouts, beta-alanine is a molecule that helps buffer acid in muscles, and may increase your performance in short bouts 60-120 sec range. It can aid lean-mass gain and can serve as an antioxidant and anti-aging compound. It has been shown to increase endurance and give you those extra reps during your last sets of the workout.

L-citrulline - a non-essential amino acid that boosts nitric oxide in your body. This allows your arteries to relax and work better aka dilate. Other effects it can have is that it decrease your BP and may help treat some disease (fun facts for the day)

Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate - another non-essential amino acid that is helpful in boosting nitric oxide in your body. This may be able to amplify the muscle building effects of exercising and other nutritional supplements that you take. This amino acid also help the liver break down by-products of muscle exercise which can increase your performance.

Di-Creatine Malate - this allows for more efficient creatine entry into the muscle cells. It may also have some benefits for intense repetitive exercise. One other thing that Ci-creatine does is increase GF-1 which aids in muscle growth.

Creatine Nitrate - There is not much research about creatine nitrate have added nutritional benefits other than it makes the pre-workout you drink taste better because it is more soluble in water.

Neuro-Energized Matrix - 1870mg

glucoronolactone - this is mainly for energy. It is in most energy drinks that are sold at the supermarket

Methylxanthine Anhydrous - may provide you with the extra edge you need during your workouts. It opens up your airways so you can take more oxygen in in order for your muscle and lungs to work better. Since you are increasing blood flow to the muscle you are working they will require increased oxygen to work more efficiently.

DMAA (otherwise known as 1,3-dimethylamylamine) - crazy stuff guys. This stuff if illegal in high doses so it is essential that when this is in a supplement you need to do your research. More importantly, when combine with caffeine it can be a major health concern to certain individuals. Now what does it do? This is a natural stimulant similar to Ephedrine and adrenaline. This will give a huge spike energy, but be careful for some people it may cause a huge crash after your workout.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
The taste of Tutti Frutti was so awful I don't even know what to say. You when you chew gum for a while and it just loses its flavor and seems like your just chewing goo? Yeah that is what it tastes like. With that being said, it mixed great with 12 oz of water. There was no re-stir needed and no residue left over. ONE SERVING IS PLENTY. With the added DMAA stimulant in this preworkout it is advised if you take the recommended dosing if not less.

----Effectiveness----
A++ - with the added DMAA stimulant this gives you so much energy you will need to go back to the gym after leaving. That mixed with the beta-alanine allowed me to be a freak in the gym. It takes about 30-60 minuted to work so plan accordingly. I was able to get through my night workouts when I felt like a had no energy. I was able to lift and do my cardio fast and efficient which is in my favor because I am a busy guy. I am in a fat-loss phase right now so the fact that it has DMAA in it is actually an added plus. DMAA is known to be in some fat-loss supplements and is also the ingredient that used to be in the original OxyElitePro and Jacked. Fortunately, this preworkout has the correct dosing of DMAA so IT IS LEGAL and IT IS AWESOME. I love this pre-workout but I would not recommend it for everyone. If you don't know your body and the the possible side effects some of the ingredients may have then do not use this product. For those who are experienced lifters and want that boost to give you extra reps, extra weight, and extra energy I recommend at least trying it. I There are 7 different flavors so you do not have to get the kind I got, which I won't recommend anyways.

----Value----
You can get a tub of 25 servings for $35. It really is not that bad considering some of the time you may not even be taking a full scoop of this stuff. This is the cheapest I have seen.

----Side Effects----
Increased HR, shortness of breath (these are side effects of DMAA only if you take too much)

----Conclusion----
GET IT. It was a good experience taking Mesomorph only because it was something new. I have been trying new supplements here and there and then telling the SR community about them and I definitely did not want to hide this one from you guys. I may get it again in the future, but it is not something I would taking consistently for every workout only because I drink coffee in the mornings before work and I don't any adverse side effects from the DMAA in this pre workout. Once again be careful BUT this was an AWESOME pre-workout to get through those hard workouts.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Aggressive
  • Focus
  • No Fatigue
  • Great Pump
  • Animal-like Aggression
  • Tutti Frutti: 3/10
pfajgen
  July 5, 2016

----Introduction----
Hey guys I'm back again today to review a pre workout that will be a new must have in my cutting stacks. That pre workout is APS Mesomorph. I trained on this preworkout fasted 6 days a week. The only addition to my workouts was BCAAs intra workout.

----Ingredient Profile----
The ingredient profile is solid. It can be viewed on apsnutrition.com. What I really like about this preworkout is that it has around 4g of beta alanine and 5g of citrulline malate per serving. I can honestly say that you will feel the beta tingles. The 5g of citrulline malate is right where I would like to be to start seeing some pump and vascularity...i think the clinical dosage is around 6g. Other nice inclusions are creatine nitrate and most importantly DMAA. Creatine nitrate is used in other preworkout products like c4, however DMAA is much more rare these days.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I had the rocket pop flavor and I must say that it was delicious. Honestly, as a child I wasn't a huge fan of rocket pops...but this preworkout tasted so good that I looked forward to it each morning. It reminded me of sweet tarts more than anything.

As far as the mixability of the preworkout goes, I found that it mixed easily. I would typically put one serving in a shaker and just kinda swirl it around for a few seconds (with the top off) and would find that it was completely mixed.

I dosed this supp at 1 scoop fasted each morning 30 minutes before my workout. I honestly never felt the need to change from one scoop. I can say with certainty that I would not go beyond a heaping scoop lol.

----Effectiveness----
This product gave me great energy each and everyday. I had laser focus, the type you would expect from a product containing DMAA. The energy and focus would last through the entirety of each workout. I found that I looked a bit dryer as well from this product, which was a nice added bonus. The one area that this product may have lacked was in the pump area. Despite the inclusion of 5g citrulline malate (which i typically respond well to), I had minimal pumps. I wasn't upset about this because I felt like my strength, endurance, recovery, focus, and energy were all on point.

----Value----
This product can be found online for around $35 at most retailers. I feel like this is a fair price considering the inclusion of DMAA.

----Side Effects----
I had no adverse side effects. Never had a crash. The only side effect I had was a loss of appetite. This worked out perfectly for me given that I was cutting for the summer. I would find that I would be unable to eat for a solid 2 hours post workout. This was great because I do intermittent fasting and fast in the mornings.

----Conclusion----
This preworkout is great for anyone looking for focus and energy. It is phenomenal for anyone looking for a preworkout to use during a cut. I would highly recommend it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Crash
  • Drinkable
  • Focus
  • Did Not Build Up Tolerance
  • Loss Of Appetite
  • Lack Of Pump
  • Rocket pop: 9/10
Bill_Plates
  May 1, 2016

----Introduction----
Every now and then I decide to break the bank and splurge on a preworkout ive heard good things about. Used this while trying to recomp and maintain mass while dropping fat, and it worked wonders. Using as Pwo cycle with other stuff since it has DMAA, so not taking it every day.

----Ingredient Profile----
The dreaded proprietary blends. It has 4g of beta alanine, which I cant hate on, but that leaves it lacking a bit in citrulline & arginine IMO for a 6.5g blend. The cell volumizing matrix pays off big time for me, at 4.5g it gives you a mix of creatine, my fav being the addition of creatine nitrate, as well as taurine & agmatine. I add my own agmatine to any pwo, but I can feel it in this. I particularly dislike the blend that has the DMAA in it, not because its a blend, but because id like to know how much im taking exactly. If it gave us exact doses id give the profile a 9, because it has everything I want, but proprietary blends are always a bummer. I also like to add my own small tweaks to a pwo, but nonetheless, this stuff makes me feel godly. no knocking it. Wish I could give more on the profile, but its all guess work.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I Generally assume if it works its gonna taste nasty, but I got my hands on the rocket popscicle flavor and lord it was one of the best tasting pres ive ever taken. It was like mixing a crushed up sweet-tart in my water. 10/10 as far as taste goes. Mixing was solid, through a scoop in my shaker, 3 pumps and it was good to go. left a little residue around my lid, but really no biggie.
Dosing calls for one rounded scoop, or approximately 15.5g. A beautiful sight to see plop down into the bottom of your bottle, like ecstasy.

----Effectiveness----
Here's the Reason I swear by this product, It gave me the most insane energy ive ever gotten from a pwo, within 10 minutes. I took just one full scoop of this, set a PR for reps on deadlift, slayed bi's like never before, had so much energy that I finished up with with a traps/abs/burpies superset. yeah, burpies, no freaking joke. I feel like superman when I take this. And ive found the perfect dosing for myself, which ill get into next. 9.5/10

----Value----
The cheapest ive found a container of this was about $34, which for 25 servings isn't the best deal in my opinion. But considering you pay this amount and get a months worth of GOOD workouts, cause I doubt you could have a bad one with this, so its not so bad. And ive found that 1/2 a scoop is the perfect amount for me. It stretches that container to 50 servings and still gives me an incredible workout, better than almost anything else ive used. So $34 for 50 servings of a quality pwo is bout as good as it gets. 7/10 on value.

----Side Effects----
This is where the tide turns a bit, but not too bad. Since it does contain DMAA, it has some sides. At one full scoop it comes with a pretty hefty crash, As well as a bit of a loss of appetite. And if you try to be as precise as possible with meals as I do, makes post workout difficult. Worst part was what I assumed to be stim dick. Never had it before, but I know is a possibility with DMAA. It hasn't happened every time, and at times has just made me last longer, still scary nonetheless. I found at half a scoop its never an issue, and at a full scoop if taken before 3p.m. or so im good to go by the night. So it has sides, but nothing you cant manage. 5/10

----Conclusion----

Overall, it is an absolutely amazing product that ill probably keep in my rotation for a while. Great value if you can half scoop it, taste good, aside from the sides I mentioned and could easily work around, Its a hit for me.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Drinkable
  • Focus
  • Great Pump
  • Animal-like Aggression
  • Did Not Build Up Tolerance
  • Loss Of Appetite
  • Stim Dick