Ranks #9 (better than 97%)
In: Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Mesomorph is a pre workout supplement by APS (Advanced Performance Supplements, owned by Hi-Tech Pharma). It is one of the few products to keep DMAA and reported to be highly effective, however some don't like that Mesomorph contains proprietary blends on the label.
ARTICLES

9.2
  May 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Drinkable
  • Focus
  • No Fatigue
  • Great Pump
  • Heart Rate Is Fast And Hard
  • Crash
  • Proprietary Blend

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
I'm a natural bodybuilder who is attending the University of Arizona who has been fascinated by supplementation for quite awhile and have put hours and hours into reading sports medicine journals and research papers testing how effective supplements/individual ingredients are. I mostly am familiar with different formulations of pre workouts, so this is right down my alley.

The ingredients are pretty comprehensive but nothing mind-blowing for a pre workout: beta-alanine for added endurance, arginine/citrulline as nitric oxide boosters (although I would have preferred they just used a bigger dosage of Citrulline since it is more effective), a few different forms of creatine (which *might* have very small evidence to prove that it may have "increased absorption" but aren't necessarily "better" than just using a clinical dose of monohydrate),but the flagship ingredient in this pre workout is DMAA. If you don't know what DMAA is, it's hard to put its whole history into just a review here but it's a pretty strong stimulant with a slightly controversial past regarding if it really IS safe, but it gives pretty ridiculous lasting energy and intense focus.

I personally bought the "Rocket Pop" flavor and honestly, I expected it to taste pretty badly, but it was actually delicious. It wasn't overly sweet, and it's an oddly satisfying flavor that you kind of just want to chug down. For reference, I would be comfortable drinking an intra-workout supplement with that flavor, and usually most BCAA supps are way better tasting than pre workouts. In terms of mixability, it actually mixed well and didn't leave much powder on the bottom/edges of the cup like most creatine-containing supplements.

Dosing is one of the only areas of this pre workout where I have a few issues. Proprietary blends in general are a bit frustrating to deal with, but upon actually looking at the ingredients that go into each section of the blend you can tell certain ingredients HAVE to be underdosed. For example, the first portion of the proprietary blend is 6500 mg, and it is disclosed that 1 scoop has 4000 mg of beta-alanine (a great dose, by the way) but this leaves 2500 mg left of the blend to be split between Citrulline Malate and Arginine AKG. If the clinical dose of Citrulline Malate is 6 grams, and there's 2.5 grams of CM AND Arginine AKG, you know you aren't really getting a true dose of citrulline, which is unfortunate. Same goes for the next blend. The second ingredient is taurine, before the other forms of creatine, so you don't truly know if you're getting enough creatine. As is, that blend is only 4500mg so you could only be getting around 2-3g of creatine. These problems are easy to circumvent for me personally as I add raw citrulline into every pre I take and take creatine monohydrate anyway, but to others who don't do this, that may be not getting enough of what they want.

Wow, I don't even know where to begin honestly. The first day that I took this was leg day, and I was doing "higher rep" work. (higher rep for me on squats is anything above 4-5 haha). I normally do a 5x5 of squats ass-to-grass with 275 but on every set I ended up hitting 7,8, or even 9 reps. It was like I wasn't getting fatigued. This translated to the rest of my workout and I truly couldn't believe it. One of my friends asked if I started using AAS (wish that was a joke) because the numbers were abnormally up from normal that workout. This wasn't just a "honeymoon" phase where it worked super well the first time, it consistently worked throughout the whole tub without me building a huge tolerance to it. As is, I only took around 3/4 of a scoop when I took it because that was the "Sweet spot" for the dmaa dosage to give me energy without making me lose it and have to deal with more rapid heartbeat/bigger crash etc.

I bought this from strong supplement shop, where it was 36 dollars for 25 servings, which I would say is not necessarily the best value in terms of price per serving considering a few things are underdosed, but like I mentioned in the effectiveness section, I (and a few other people I know) found that we sometimes found a sweet spot of using 2/3 to 3/4 of a scoop instead of a full scoop so when I did this, I really ended up getting around 32-35 servings from the container instead of 25 which actually became much better for the money.

Side Effects

As one could expect, the big thing that I could say in terms of side effects is that you do get rapid heartbeat, a little more so than with regular pre workouts, which kind of made me slow down after a few sets and focus on breathing slow and controlled which is a bit annoying but it's a trade off of the insane energy you have from dmaa. Another side effect is that I noticed you kind of hit an actual crash afterward, much harder than even stim-heavy pre workouts, which is another characteristic I attribute specifically to the dmaa.

Conclusion

Overall, this is a very very good pre workout to have in your arsenal, but I wouldn't say one that needs using every day. Honestly, sometimes I found this pre workout was TOO strong and I didn't need it if I was just going to hit some higher rep shoulders and arms etc. However, when you really need a huge kick in the ass, because you're going heavy on deadlifts or squats, or trying to set a bench max, or if you are lacking energy/motivation to go and get a lift in, this will work wonders. The prop blends are a bit of a pain to deal with, but where else are you going to find a fairly well-rounded pre workout with DMAA in it? I would recommend, but it's not perfect.
  • Rocket pop: 9/10

Other Prices:
A1Supplements   $34.95
DPS Nutrition   $34.95
TF Supplements   $34.95

May 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Calm Controlled Focus Untill The Last Rep
  • Animal-like Aggression
  • Aggressive
  • No Crash
  • Extreme Mental And Physical Activity
  • Tolerance Build Up

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
I am a 32 year old lifter. Self proclaimed non-competitive bodybuilder. I enjoy lifting for strength, power and aesthetics as a hobby and therapy release. consequently that marries me to the supplement world where I am very open but skeptical on and about products.

It's been stated already so you know the ingredient and dosages. However, I am a major stim fan so we'll talk about the caffeine content first. APS dosed mesomorph with 300mg of caffeine per serving which I feel should be about average for you 2 to 3 times a week on average hard core user. Other Pre's are starting to over stim with 4-600 mg but I think APS got it right with this one not over charging the body with a super high set up for a major crash.

Nitic Oxide is always going to be Nitric Oxide and though, im not a fanboy for vascodialators I can appreciate its use and APS proper dosage at 6500mg.

And of course the infamoud (1,3 dimethylamylamine) DMAA at a heaping 65mg preserving. I believe this coupled with the 300mg caffeine brings a calm focal aggression while training which is why I was and continue to be sold on this product as a superior Pre-workout.

Synthenox-Carnosine/Nitric Oxide Complex 6500 mg
Beta Alanine, l-citrulline DL-Malate 2:1, Arginine Alpha ketoglutarate.
Mesoswell-Cell Volumizing ATP Matrix 4500 mg
Di-Creatine malate, L-taurine, Creatine Nitrate, Ascorbic Acid, Creatinol-o-phosphate, Agmatine sulfate.
Neuromorph-Neuro Energized Stimulant Matrix 1870 mg
Glucoronolactone, Methylxanthine anhydrous, 3, 7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione, Naringin Geranaburn (geranium oil extract).

We covered dosing in the fore-mentioned section so I wont beat a dead horse.

I purchased the Green sour apple flavor and let me say, the flavor profile was on point with the Jolly Rancher flavor. As a life long fan of the Cherry Jolly rancher I would love to see a mock up. I digress I usually dry shoot of concentrate mix my Pre's with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water. This doesn't change the profile for me personally and I have mixed it in 8 oz before and maintained the same delicious consistency. If Flavor is important to you then this is you product.

As stated above, "DMAA at a heaping 65mg preserving. I believe this coupled with the 300mg caffeine brings a calm focal aggression while training which is why I was and continue to be sold on this product as a superior Pre-workout".

I had a super zoned concentration in the gym, my contracted pumps lasted well beyond normal with other pre's. The descent down from the high wasn't too rough, (no crash) and I feel like I crushed the hell out of my training session. Honestly I feel as though I have really went HAM in the gym. A feeling I hadn't felt in a long time. If you're planning a no poo hardcore training day lasting the better part of 1 and a half to 2 hours, then you need this.

I paid about 35 bucks for it at a local nutrition shop and I see it retails about that same price online. The serving count on this bad boy is 25 full scoops and though I said you only need this 2 to 3 times a week I would only full scoop it on heavy and or compound days. Any other day 1/4 to 1/2 a scoop is enough to get the job done and as with anything you begin to build a tolerance with this product so I recommend to use sparingly. However with that stated with 25 full scoops at $35.00 that will set you back a cool $1.40 and scoop. Worth it in cost? I've had mine for over a month now and I still have half a tub left. So at the rate i'm using I get double the value for what I paid.

Side Effects

None to note

Conclusion

Im interested in trying Insane Labz Psychotic, Spart- Nutritions Kraken, and Olympus Labz ne Reign to see how well they stack up to APS mesomorph. However ans a loyalist who sticks to what I like unless what I like waivers away from sticking to the formula, I wont know from experience unless I get samples to stack up against. All in all I am a MESO fan and will definatly continue to use them as my source for gymergy (play on words gym energy).

Other Prices:
A1Supplements   $34.95
DPS Nutrition   $34.95
TF Supplements   $34.95

9.1
  April 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Great Pump
  • Drinkable
  • Extreme Mental And Physical Activity
  • Aggressive
  • Crash
  • Some Nausea
  • Tolerance Build Up

After riding out a bit of a plateau, I was looking for something that would give me that extra edge in the weight room to really get me going again. I wanted something intense and was recommended APS's Mesomorph, so I decided to give it a shot!

The ingredients of Mesomorph are broken down into 3 proprietary blends that intend to serve different functions.
1. Synthenox-Carnosine/Beta Alanine Complex (6,500 mg)
-This "fatigue fighter" component of the pre-workout is a blend of Beta Alanine, Citrulline Malate and Arginine AKG. With 3.2 grams of Beta Alanine I absolutely experienced tingling well into the later stages of my workouts.
2. Mesoswell-Cell Volumizing ATP Matrix (4500 mg)
-Mix of Di-Creatine Malate, Taurine, Creatine Nitrate, Ascorbic Acid, Creatinol-O-Phosphate and Agmatine Sulfate. Note that it does not contain Creatine Monohydrate like lots of other pre workouts. Creatine monohydrate is extremely water retentive so if you're afraid that you bloat or cramp up easily, the Creatine Nitrate in Mesomorph should serve as a better alternative for you.
3. Neuromorph-Neuro Energized Stimulant Matrix (1,870 mg)
-Composed of Glucuronolactone, Caffeine Anhydrous, Theobromine, Naringin, and Geranaburn. 300 mg of Caffeine Anhydrous is a pretty hefty amount. I was happy to find this out as I have a pretty high caffeine tolerance.

In my experience, Mesomorph is far better in terms of mixability than most other products on the market. And I'm not one to drown my pre-workout in water, I prefer only about 4 oz. for a real potent cocktail that'll wake me up on my way to the gym. But even with as little as 4 oz. of water, the whole 15.5g scoop had no issues with mixing.
As far as taste goes, I had the watermelon flavor and it really exceeded my expectations. Like I said I prefer a strong taste, but add a bit more than 4 oz. of water you'll have yourself a pretty tasty mix. I'd go as far as saying that I actually enjoyed the taste. Can't speak on the other flavors but they do have a wide variety of nine flavors.
I began by following the recommended dosage of 1 scoop (15.5g) 30 minutes prior to working out when I started on the product, but I did build up a resistance to it and was taking 1.5 scoops halfway through my third week. For your personal reference, I sit at 200 lbs myself.

WOW. Mesomorph gave me exactly what I was looking for; that extra drive to really get you amped to get in the gym and toss weights around like nothing. The intensity, energy and focus were all there. Now, beware I did get what a lot of people describe as a tingling sensation all over my skin with the mesomorph. I actually like that "popping out of your own skin" feeling, but I know a good amount of people find it very uncomfortable. For those of you who fall under that category, I wouldn't describe the tingling (which I experienced from the recommended 1 scoop dosage) as overbearing, but I would certainly classify it as slightly more than mild. Mesomorph contains 3.2g of Beta Alanine which is more than a lot of mainstream pre-workouts, which explains the extent of the sensation.

My workouts typically last 90-120 minutes, 5-6 days a week, and mainly consist of heavy free weight exercises like bench, squats, deads, etc. Mesomorph gave me the focus to get through my entire workouts, I would say mentally it was just what I was looking for. Before the mesomorph I would fumble around on my phone between sets and waste my time chit chatting. While on it, my time between sets was spent focusing on the next one and getting ready to crush it. As far as focus goes, its all there.

After about 3 weeks, I did notice a decrease in terms of intensity and energy with the same 1 scoop dosage. The mesomorph wasn't hitting me with the that same pump that it used to, so that when I decided to up the dosage. I did notice a slight decline in my focus as well, but I believe that issue rooted from the lack of energy and intensity that I was no longer receiving with my increased tolerance. After upping my dosage I quickly began experiencing a number of side effects which I will get into later in this review.

A 25 serving supply of Mesomorph retails at $34.99 on most sites without a discount. That comes out to $1.40/scoop. Not the best but certainly not the worst deal on the market. Runs about middle of the road in comparison with other products.

Side Effects

When I was taking one scoop per workout I didn't notice any notable side effects, but when I raised the dosage I immediately experienced a few. With 1.5 scoops my workouts started out the same as before with the same focus and energy, but about an hour into my workouts I would get hit with nausea and my workout would go out the window. Along with the nausea I also experienced bowel irritation and the combination of the two made it almost impossible to maintain that intense focus and drive. Post-workout I would crash hard once I got home too. I felt extremely exhausted even though I'd only get halfway through my lift before having to call it a day. If you're one who works out in the morning like myself, this made it extremely difficult to get work done and stay active through the day after the gym. I consistently experienced these symptoms for almost 2 weeks before I couldn't handle it anymore and had to call it quits on the product. I tried going back to only 1 scoop per serving, but I was no longer getting the intensity that I desired because of my tolerance build up.

Conclusion

All in all, Mesomorph is a solid product if you're looking for something with high intensity to give you that edge in the gym to get an extra rep or reach a new goal. I was able to gain strength and tack on 2 lbs of lean mass in the 3-4 weeks I was taking the product. Extremely effective through the first couple weeks of use, however, after increasing the dosage to compensate for the tolerance build up I was not able to get the same pump I originally had without facing the consequences of the side effects. I would recommend starting with a 1/2 or 3/4 scoop so that your tolerance doesn't rise as quickly.

1. How did you find out about SR?
-I have been using SR for years to research products before purchasing. I had just never made an account until now!

2. What prompted you to write this review?
-Looking back on products that I have used, Mesomorph sticks out to me as one of the most effective, if not the most effective pre workouts I have ever used. I know that I really appreciate an honest and unbiased review of a supplement that I am considering, the good and the bad. That being said, I wanted to pass on my honest opinion about Mesomorph for any potential buyers out there who are looking for some feedback on it.

3. What are your fitness goals?
-I am just now back in the gym after having to take 8 weeks off due to a shoulder injury. As of now I am looking to bulk and gain the mass/strength back that I lost during that time.

4. What other products are you planning to review?
- There are a number of products that I am considering reviewing. GAT Nitraflex, MTS Clash, Metabolic Nutrition's CGP Creatine, GNC HMB, and I can write a review for just about any BPI product. My girlfriend is a BPI rep and supplies me with everything she gets her hands on.

April 14, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Extreme Mental And Physical Activity
  • Some Strength Gain
  • Pretty Solid Ingredients
  • Jittery Before And After
  • Proprietary Blend
----Introduction---
Mesomorph certainly gets a lot of hype, and APS has done a great job marketing it (with funny videos and even clear containers with multicolored powder). I bought Mesomorph at a local nutrition store in my town--wanted Rocket Pop but settled for Tutti Frutti. Was told that flavor was just as good. I've had some experience with Hi-Tech owned companies, but Mesomorph was my first impression of APS.

Now, Mesomorph has a solid ingredient profile. It contains three proprietary blends (N.O., ATP, and energy), which isn't a huge deal. However, with no way of knowing how much of each ingredient is in the profile, I'm somewhat dubious of how well-dosed this product is. For instance, the nitric oxide complex has some great ingredients: beta alanine, l-citrulline DL-malate (2:1), and AAKG. and totals 6.5g, letting me assume that it's going to be pretty decent. But like any product that doesn't use a patented ingredient (e.g., CarnoSyn), I don't know the quality of the beta alanine they're using. (I've used products that advertised 2.5g of BA and felt nothing, and others with 600mg of BA and felt a nice BA tingle.) According to some APS reps (https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/aps-mesomorph), Meso contains 3.2g of BA (the clinical dose), which doesn't leave much room for clinical doses of l-citrulline dl-malate or AAKG. I don't want to split hairs over a prop blend--it's just nice to know how much of what ingredient you're putting into your body. As they say, "Honesty is the best policy."

Energy-wise you can choose either DMAA or non-DMAA (as of 2017). I used Mesomorph with DMAA and holy cow, does it give you a swift kick in the pants. With all the controversy surrounding Hi-Tech's DMAA lawsuit with the FDA, they may end up dropping DMAA in future Mesomorph products and possibly replacing with the similar but less-effective DMHA. That being said, Meso does contain 300mg of caffeine and a pretty high dose of DMAA at 65mg.

The worst part about Mesomorph for me was the taste. Now, Meso comes in plenty of flavors, the most popular and probably best-tasting being Rocket Pop. I'm not sure what they were doing with Tutti Frutti, but it definitely had a gag-factor that straight up ruined my experience with Meso. Having to choke down a pre-workout is not fun. Other than that, it mixes easily and well.

Mesomorph does come in a pretty great variety of flavors:
-Tropical Punch
-Grape
-Pineapple
-Rocket Pop
-Watermelon
-Pink Lemonade
-Tutti Frutti

So there are options. But compared to the energy and pump I get from, say, HyperMax XT (Performax Labs) or Reckless (MHP) and I had to decide based on taste, I'd go with them instead of Meso.

Even though the taste wasn't great, it was very effective. Plenty of energy for the gym along with some good strength gains on bench and squats. Decent pump as well--not amazing, but it was definitely there. And I got BA tingles all over, so if you're into that you'll be pretty happy.

25 servings at $30-35 isn't too bad, especially if you find a BOGO deal. But it can get kind of expensive and frankly the taste turned me off to the whole "Mesomorph Experience."

Side Effects

A warning: if you're super sensitive to stims, I'd suggest going DMAA-free, or starting of with 1/4 or 1/2 scoop. That energy can be brutal and often comes with a killer crash. Also, empty stomach first thing in the morning is not the best idea. Eat a banana first. Otherwise, you may be spending the first 15 minutes of your workout in the bathroom, accompanied by the clench of shame.

Conclusion

While it does live up to the effects part of the hype, a poor flavored pre-workout can leave you with a bad taste for the product. Unless the price comes down, or it goes on sale, I'd wait to go with Mesomorph again. There's also a chance the ingredient profile will change slightly, depending on the outcome of the legal battle, so we'll see. Maybe APS will upgrade some of the poorer tasting flavors. If that happens, I'd get it again.
  • Tutti Frutti: 3/10

9.1
  February 24, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Animal-like Aggression
  • Did Not Build Up Tolerance
  • Aggressive
  • Extreme Mental And Physical Activity
  • No Fatigue
  • Proprietary Blend

This was my FIRST DMAA pre-workout, and I still maintain that this has the best energy of any pre-workout. I can't tell you how many deadlift/squat/bench PR's I hit while using Mesomorph. The added strength/energy is unparalleled. This comes at quite the hefty crash, though.

Solid ingredient profile. It is truly a loaded scoop, I usually used 3/4ths of a scoop and occasionally bumped it up to a full scoop when i needed a little extra jolt.
Compared to other pre workouts, it seems to have a pretty loaded formula, most don't contain DMAA (Jack'd Up and Superpump 250 are the only other ones, I think) in ADDITION to a full 300mg of caffeine. As for the other ingredients, the scoop is huge (15.5g) so I have a feeling that the dosages of creatine, beta alanine, citrulline, and agmatine aren't too far off of the effective dosages.
I felt more of a tingle with this, than most others, so I can safely guess that there is enough beta alanine.

Doesn't taste great, I often thought it was overly sweet (I've tried icy rocket pop twice), but it wasn't the worst tasting preworkout I've ever tried. I usually just chugged it and the taste wasn't a problem. It mixes well, there isn't much solute (undissolved solid) left after adding 8-12 oz of water.

Energy:
As i said in the intro: MESOMORPH WILL WAKE YOU UP. The energy is fantastic and I haven't had a pre workout that has even come close to what I would feel after taking a scoop of mesomorph. Strength goes up markedly, I hit many PR's when using it, and mesomorph was definitely my go-to for heavy lifting days. The energy lasts, too. I often had enough energy to bust through 90 minutes of high intensity workouts without getting tired, and it's effects could probably work for workouts up to 3 hours long. The focus is fantastic throughout the duration of any workout, and it often had me in the gym for longer than any other preworkout, I've tried, even including high stim ones like Mr Hyde, Pre Jym, and Total War.
Pump:
The only downside is that I did not get a great pump while using it, I often found myself taking another product, like pump-HD or NO3, simultaneously to get the complete experience of strength and pump. I was ultimately disappointed by this since, the label states it has agmatine, arginine, and citrulline, which should make for a killer workout pump, but I was underwhelmed. Oftentimes, if i didnt combine it with a non stim pump product, I would feel no different than if i had not taken any preworkout at all (aside from the crazy added energy)

If I were just considering the energy, I'd give it's effectiveness an 11/10, but since the pump was so pedestrian, I give the overall effectiveness an 8/10

It's not the cheapest pwo I've ever bought, but since I used 3/4 scoops most of the time, a single tub lasted me about 40-50 workouts, so still a good deal. (I think I paid $60 for two tubs at the time) I still have the second tub after almost a year (I'll explain below), so my initial investment has worked out to about $0.75/workout, definitely a bargain.
9/10 on value

Side Effects

While the energy is unmatched, so is the crash. I didn't notice it the first few times I used it, but after awhile I would begin to feel extremely fatigued about 3.5 hours or so after initially taking it. This was an intense fatigue that was almost akin to depression symptoms, and lasted about 2 hours before I'd feel normal again. Often the only things I could do to curb this were to either take a nap/take some other stim. Because of this, I stopped taking it about halfway through my second tub, and have gone back to it sparingly since.

Conclusion

If you want a hard-hitting pwo that will give you uncontrollable energy, look no further than Mesomorph. However, be aware of the horrible crash that will ensue. Because of the crash, it pushes the overall value of mesomorph down to an 8.5/10 for me.
  • Rocket pop: 7/10

9.5
  December 25, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Great Pump
  • No Fatigue
  • Did Not Build Up Tolerance
  • Loss Of Appetite
  • Proprietary Blend
I had a cool exchange with APS / Hi-Tech reps this past year and they pushed Mesomorph really hard. It just seemed like they were doing their job really well. This really afforded me the opportunity to see if they weren't just talking it up.

What turned me off to Mesomorph almost a year ago wasn't just the proprietary blend... it was how nonsensical the prop blend is built on paper. If the claim is 4000mg of beta alanine and 5000mg of citrulline... how is it that they are 1 and 2, respectively, in a matrix blend that weighs in at 6500mg? How much of that blend is Arginine AKG? That being said, it would be that much more awesome if there is truth to the claim.

The second is 4500mg of a cell filling matrix consisting of di-creatine malate, taurine, creatine nitrate, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), creatinol-o-phosphate and agmatine sulfate. Another question is why agmatine sulfate is not listed with the nitric oxide portion of the blend?

The last 1870mg blend is for stim and focus: glucoronolactone, caffeine anhydrous, theobromine, naringin, and of course Geranaburn (DMAA).

I was fortunate enough to receive the pineapple flavor, which is amazing. It's just shy of a perfect flavor. There is a small hint of sour and bitterness in there. But the pineapple flavor is so profound and sweet that it doesn't matter.

The mixability isn't top notch as it can get dusty. But I wouldn't consider it worth a genuine complaint.

Mesomorph is a proud one-scooper and needs an assessment from anyone that doesn't know their stim tolerance yet.

It was epic to see not only how well Mesomorph performed, but with such consistency. Even on my worst workout mornings, I was no less than dialed in with focus. In terms of strength and actual workout performance, any fall off I had on a particular day came from my own side of things (sleep, food, water, etc) because Mesomorph always did its thing. The pump aspect was also sneaky to me since the stim and focus had always hit me first. Once you get going, the pump is right behind you.

The normal rate is ~ $35 + shipping or $40 at a storefront. Considering the awesomeness and getting 25 servings, I don't see much of a cause for complaint. Anything close to $30 + shipping or $35 over-the-counter is a worthwhile deal.

Side Effects

A swift kick in the head and chest if you underestimate the stim effects. Mind the crash if your post-workout meal isn't too thick.

Conclusion

Mesomorph was truly a pleasure to work with. I went from giving it a side eye this year to marking it as one of my favorite pre-workouts, if not my clear favorite. I wish there was transparency and clarity on the label though. This pre is TOO good to hide the dosing and not let it shine as to how well these ingredients mesh together. Just when I thought there might not be enough of one thing, it's somehow formulated that they back each other up well. I would've like to see betaine and/or a glyerol form make an appearance on this label, but I don't feel it's as necessary with this profile.

Thank you all for taking the time.
As always: thoughts, comments, questions, concerns and critique are welcome.
  • Pineapple: 9/10

9.2
  December 19, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Intense Focus
  • Good Pump
  • Great Endurance
  • Excellent Taste
  • Powerful Fomula
  • Proprietary Blend
  • Value
Supplement Facts
Mesomorph, this is the real deal! I compared this to Noxipro (Amp C version) throughout my usage, which in comparison is similar in effectiveness and strength! This was actually the first DMAA product that I had taken, while it was sometime last year it was clear the dreaded crash that I had faced with Amp C was not existent nor was the anxiety faced in addition to DMHA. Purity, well dosed, patented ingredients! The negative to this product is the proprietary blends and the less than clinical dosages. I wont break down the label completely, but the blends with the ingredients do not allow for Clinical dosages in dosages given. For a complete breakdown I would refer you to Gdolce42's review, which he did an excellent job or priceplow via the link below. I will note that priceplow established a few dosages which were unknown: 3.2g beta alanine, 300mg Vitamin C, 1.3g Glucuronolactone, and 65mg DMAA. With the close ties that priceplow has with Hi-Tech I am surprised more dosages weren't given like caffeine, yet obviously they aren't wanting a fully disclosed label so it makes sense.

Taste Mixability Dosing
You really can't get better flavoring than here, yeah the flavor I received for this review was Tutti Frutti and previously tried Rocket Pop. Both flavors are excellent and taste just as the names elude to, but Rocket Pop was by far the better one. Mixability was fine with minimal foaming and residue in the shaker, in fact I would say it mixed better than other products yet they typically contain more citruline or hydromax etc. Dosing for me was varied by starting off at 1 serving and going up to 1.5 servings verified by gram weight.

Effectiveness 9.2/10
In my experience with DMAA/DMHA/Amp C products there is a unfortunate tolerance build up, which just like Noxipro the product performed amazingly when the usage was spread out (ie a week between usage). Starting off with 1 serving the first time was like magic, something you never thought possible. The focus was the most noticeable effect from the start, as it was literally like having tunnel vision. When the endurance mattered it was there with no issues. Energy was great, and so was pump while it felt a bit lacking. As I continued to use it in the first week at 1 serving with consecutive days, I felt the focus to be more diminished each day and everything else remained the same. At this point I would rate it 8.9/10 being taken consecutively at 1 serving. Four days went by before I ran this again, and this time at 1.5 servings which proved to be potent like the first dosing. Notable this time was increased pump and endurance, but not an over whelming amount. At this dosage I would rate it at 9.4, yet I wasn't using it connectively. In the end throughout all the usage I felt the tolerance build up was as expected in terms of focus, but still effective thus rating was adjusted and averaged to reflect it.

Value 8.2/10
Unless you find this product on sale or at a discount by purchasing 2 etc, you can find this product for $34.95 at 25 servings providing a $1.40 cost per serving.. This is a good value given you are not dosing more than one serving, but if you are needing 1.5-2 servings it is a less than stellar value. Currently on the market you will find so many DMAA + DMHA products, which receive a better value based on their profiles and typically only needing 1 serving. Not a horrible value for the quality and serving amount.

Overall 8.8/10
In short I would recommend this product entirely! It is manufactured by one of the leading supplement companies, and therefor I have no doubts it contains what is on the label with no trickery. If you are keeping this on the shelf for when you really don't feel like heading to the gym, buy it! Noxipro was great when I had taken it, but I would recommend this over that based on dosage size alone. Word of caution: This contains DMAA, and if you compete in Natural shows it is banned.. Thank you APS and Hi-Tech for your participation with SupplementReviews.com and I hope to see you guys on here more.
  • Tutti Frutti: 7/10
  • Rocket pop: 10/10

December 8, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Animal-like Aggression
  • Calm Controlled Focus Untill The Last Rep
  • Aggressive
  • Extreme Mental And Physical Activity
  • No Fatigue
  • Blend Label
APS mesomorph, Man have I read a ton of people talking about this stuff before I got a chance to grab one for myself. I have witnessed on this site and others that this was a well received preworkout for the masses. First off I want to say thank you to the people at APS for not being a little chicken and bringing back the wonderful feeling of DMAA in a Pre workout again. Thank you.

Profile
Prop blend = sad face .
Now I totally understand why companies do this but it really becoming a thing of the past and it is now the new hip thing to do and go fully disclosed label. That said. Just trying to peak inside this and from things I have read about it. It is not a bad blend.
From what I do understand this does have 3.2 grams of beta alanine that everyone looks for.
It does have some good stuff I like to see like AAKG, Cit malate. 3 different creatines, but I can do without the creatine as I feel it is better to get that from a stand alone. Of course it does have the loved, tried and true DMAA in it also.

Taste 8
I had the Pineapple and it was really good. Not too strong, not too weak no matter how it was mixed.

Mixing 8
Some foaming but it went away well and mixed well enough for me.

Effectiveness 8.7
This was pretty awesome to have the DMAA push in the gym once again. Great focus and never too stimmed out to focus like some have done in the past. The thing with DMAA is for me it is a different kind of energy. It does not make me jittery like caffeine does me. One other reviewer mentioned the tingles from this, but I did not feel them as much as I have from other preworkouts. I am okay with that.
The focus and energy I had was like the old school first edition Jack3d from back in the day. Absolutely focused and ready to kill the weights.
The pumps was legit too. Honestly pretty impressive for a straight up Pre workout. I never got a big crash like others users have mentioned as well. I mean yea I come down but not crash. I did seem to carry a pump for while after leaving the gym . I never had those dreaded emergency bathroom trips like some have down too. Man those are the worst.

Value 8.5
Pretty solid pick here guys. For around 35 bucks you can get 25 doses of a true one serving pre workout that kicks butt. I do not know how else to sell it other than that.

Overall 8.5
Other than a blend label. I dig this stuff. I wished I would have tried this sooner and will be looking for this on sale soon when I need a good solid Pre workout. Good job here APS. Thank you for being a part of SR.com
  • Pineapple: 8/10

November 26, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Great Pump
  • Aggressive
  • Did Not Build Up Tolerance
  • Increased Muscle Endurance
  • Crash
  • Poor Mixability

There aren't very many pre-workout supplements that come up onto the market that are willing to capture a good, wide range profile of ingredients that include attention to focus, pump, and stimulants at an affordable price. After viewing over the ingredient label I knew I had to give Mesomorph a shot to see how well it would stack up to the great pre-workouts of the past. I would like to send out a special thanks to APS for giving me the opportunity to try out Mesomorph!

APS did a great job with including a full spectrum of stimulant, focus, and nitric oxide boosting supplements in Mesomorph but the only problem is that it's impossible to get an idea on the exact dosing due its use of the dreaded "proprietary blend". I can't fully chime in on dosing for Mesomorph due to this fact but I do believe that it's dosed correctly just from the effect it has on my workouts, but I'll get more into that in the following sections. Mesomorph has an excellent ingredient profile that utilizes nitric oxide boosters like L-Citrulline Malate, Agmatine Sulfat, AKG. It's also uses powerful doses of stimulants like caffeine and most notably the return of DMAA. Multiple cell-volumizing creatine olblends including di-creatine malate, creatine nitrate, and creatinol-o-phosphate. And finally the muscular endurance enhancing effects from the popular beta alanine. Mesomorph really does encompass an insanely good blend ingredients and from experience it felt like it didn't skimp on any of the ingredients.

I absolutely love the fact that APS decided to release Rocket Pop as a flavor for Mesomorph and they did a pretty good job at that. I'm sure many of us have fond memories of scarfing down tons of rocket pop popsicles on hot summer days as children and this provides a nice trip down memory lane. It tastes about as close to the real thing that it could be as a powdered flavor with about 12oz of water, though the mixability will make sure that you refill up at least 1 extra time to get it all down. I've always had a significant amount of sediment left over against the walls of my bottle after chugging which is somewhat annoying but not a deal breaker by any means in my book. It also uses a larger then normal scooper (15g) for each individual dose that is still pretty water bottle friendly.

As I mentioned before, Mesomorph contains a pretty wide spectrum of ingredients and they all hit pretty hard to provide an intense workout enhancing effect. I typically take my pre-workouts before getting out of my car in the gym parking lot since the walk inside, time to change, and refill water offers enough time for the supplement to start kicking in. I don't know what kind of beta alanine APS uses for Mesomorph but I must say that it tingles like no other pre-workout I've ever used. It starts almost immediately and doesn't go away till I finally start hitting the weights which gives me extra pep in my step to hurry onto the gym floor. The DMAA and caffeine kick in rather quickly too and give you that adrenaline-like feeling that makes you want to absolutely attack the weights for each and every set to failure. The other nitric oxide boosting supplements also provide an excellent pump that lasts way past the entire workout. The pump for me personally gets so good that I literally feel like I have imaginary lat syndrome non-stop on back days, but yeah the pumps are amazing! However everything that goes up must eventually come down and Mesomorph is no exception to this because the crash can be pretty rough post-workout, but I personally have to say that it's well-worth the crash for how much it positively affects my workout.

I scoured the internet and was able consistently find Mesomorph for $35 at most reputable supplement sites. At 25 servings per tub it comes to $1.40 per serving and considering the ingredient profile and personal effectiveness its had on my workouts it is most definitely worth the price tag. It's pretty rare to be able to find a pre-workout with a ingredient profile of this caliber for only $35 and although it's filled with several proprietary blends I do believe that they utilize doses that must be close to what is deemed to be clinically effective.

Side Effects

Might be too strong on the stimulant side for people that aren't used to taking pre-workouts. Also not a good option for individuals that dislike the "tingling" beta alanine feeling.

Conclusion

APS did a pretty amazing job with creating Mesomorph by encompassing an all-in-one pre-workout with all the bells and whistles that any gym rat could ever ask for at an affordable price. It's pretty unfortunate that they decided to label every supplement in Mesomorph under proprietary blends but I am fairly confident that most of the ingredients are effectively dosed. Regardless of the blends, Mesomorph is a powerhouse of a pre-workout that never stops working till way after the gym session ends. Though it's not a pre-workout for any supplement newbies by any means, any lifter that loves strong pre-workouts absolutely needs to give Mesomorph a try. I would go as far as to say that at this current moment Mesomorph has assumed the position as my favorite pre-workout supplement that can still be legally purchased in stores. Cheers!
  • Rocket pop: 8/10

November 11, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Endurance
  • Did Not Build Up Tolerance
  • Calm Controlled Focus Untill The Last Rep
  • Extreme Mental And Physical Activity
  • Drinkable
  • Tingles

A huge thanks to APS for providing mesomorph for the SR ERs and Troops to try out. My history with APS supplements is limited to only their test booster testalensis, which I used way back during my TRI-SARM cycle. I found to be pretty decent, but other than that, I have no other experience with APS. That is until mesomorph presented itself as an opportunity. Mesomorph is a pre workout formulated with several well-known ingredients that we typically find in most of today's popular pwos. What makes mesomorph stand out though, is that it is one of the few pwos on today's market containing the past banned ingredient DMAA. I used more pwos in my time than you could count including those with DMAA. Per usual, I know what I wanted and what I would want to expect from this product.

Three prop blends?.....Criminal

However, lets not break the deal just yet. The three prop blends are given their own unique names with particular ingredients. The following analysis is based on a full scoop dose.

First we have the Synthenox/Carnosine Nitroc oxide blend. This blend consists of beta-alanine, L-Citrulline Malate, and AAKG at a blend dosage of 6500mg. According to APS's own description, a full scoops serving of mesomorph provides 4g of beta alanine. Sounds good, but with only 2500mg remaining, one could presume that the L-citrulline malate and AAKG are most likely under-dosed to a degree.

Next we have the Mesoswell/Cell Volumizing ATP Matrix. This 4500mg matrix contains Di-creatine malate, L-taurine, creatine nitrate, abscorbic acid, agmatine, and creatinol-o-phosphate. Definitely some good ingredients, but again, it is likely that not each of these are dosed favorable.

Lastly, there is the Neuro-Morphed Neuro-energized Stimulant matrix dosed at 1870mg. Here we have a couple of forms of caffeine stimulant sources, naringin, and DMAA. I'd say these are the more accurately dosed ingredients given the prop quantitiy of the matrix and that caffeine and DMAA don't need significantly high doses to be effective.

Overall, getting over the prop blend disliking, I would say this is a solid profile.

I received rocket pop and I personally enjoyed. I wasn't entirely indicative of the childhood popsicle favorite most of us may remember, but still good if you are familiar with how that popsicle satisfied your childhood sweet tooth on those hot summer days.

The product's mixability was good. I always used water and it mixed fine without any fine grit or undissolved material.

The dosing is typical of most pre-workouts. I took one full scoop about 20-30 minutes before hitting the iron.

Gonna resort to the category format for this one.

Energy (9/10): A little shy of a full ten, but nonetheless, the energy from mesomorph was awesome. The surge was clean, consistent, and lasted throughout my entire workout regardless how long my sessions were. This was especially helpful when I had to hit the gym early mornings or after college classes.

Pump (8/10): I got a good solid pump from mesomorph all the time. Noticed my vascularity in several prominent areas to be more visual especially during high volume phases. Muscle fullness and swole were definitely felt on those heavy compound stints.

Focus (8/10): Wasn't expecting much in this area given the ingredient dosages, but I was taken by surprise here. My focus was pinpoint sharp throughout my workouts similar to a nootropic's influence. I had a more predominant mindset and was more honed on completing level objectives on all movements.

Endurance (7/10): As I mentioned in past pwo reviews, I don't pay too much attention to endurance benefits because I generally have a good level of endurance to begin with. Nevertheless, mesomorph surprised me here as well. Thanks I think mostly to the beta alanine and DMAA, I felt a noticeable increase in my endurance capacity. I was less fatigued both during and after extended volume rep sets and during my boxing and heavy cardio sessions, I found that I was able to re-engage intervals with somewhat less rest.

Overall, mesomorph shined in all areas I was hoping it would. It is definitely a pre workout that will make its way to my list of top pwo products.

The cheapest price I was able to find mesomorph was 34.95. This value is a bit of a stretch for me considering the tub only comes with 25 servings as opposed to a full 30 supply. I think it depends mostly on how much you dose as to how you would view the value. If you take a full scoop like me, that price seems a tad high in comparison to some others with full month supply servings. If you are a half scoop user, than the value is much better. Overall, given the mesomorph is a great product, I'd say the value is decent, but you'd absolutely want to try and catch on sale anytime you can.

Side Effects

beta alanine tingles

Conclusion

Mesomorph is an all around great pre workout that I would strongly recommend to anyone who wants the extra energy edge in the gym. If you're one of the less stim tolerant than you'll want to start with a half a scoop, but for my more stim junkie-esque fitness buffs, hit up the full scoop for some real fun. Be sure to try to catch it on sale and don't hesitate on the rocket pop flavor.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!