TROOP CP

Mesomorph Reviews

By: APS

Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #9 of 225 (better than 96%) in

Mesomorph is a Pre-Workout manufactured by APS. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
INGREDIENTS (19)
THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)
CATEGORY AVG
2174mg

Non-essential amino acid that buffers lactic acid in the body by increasing cellular carnitine levels leading to greater endurance, strength, and power.

THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)
CATEGORY AVG
4575mg

Combination of Citrulline and Malic Acid that increases Nitric Oxide production in the body and buffers lactic acid in the body resulting in greater vasodilation and endurance.

COMPARE SIMILAR

Wade419
  November 26, 2016

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to APS for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
There aren't very many pre-workout supplements that come up onto the market that are willing to capture a good, wide range profile of ingredients that include attention to focus, pump, and stimulants at an affordable price. After viewing over the ingredient label I knew I had to give Mesomorph a shot to see how well it would stack up to the great pre-workouts of the past. I would like to send out a special thanks to APS for giving me the opportunity to try out Mesomorph!

----Ingredient Profile----
APS did a great job with including a full spectrum of stimulant, focus, and nitric oxide boosting supplements in Mesomorph but the only problem is that it's impossible to get an idea on the exact dosing due its use of the dreaded "proprietary blend". I can't fully chime in on dosing for Mesomorph due to this fact but I do believe that it's dosed correctly just from the effect it has on my workouts, but I'll get more into that in the following sections. Mesomorph has an excellent ingredient profile that utilizes nitric oxide boosters like L-Citrulline Malate, Agmatine Sulfat, AKG. It's also uses powerful doses of stimulants like caffeine and most notably the return of DMAA. Multiple cell-volumizing creatine olblends including di-creatine malate, creatine nitrate, and creatinol-o-phosphate. And finally the muscular endurance enhancing effects from the popular beta alanine. Mesomorph really does encompass an insanely good blend ingredients and from experience it felt like it didn't skimp on any of the ingredients.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I absolutely love the fact that APS decided to release Rocket Pop as a flavor for Mesomorph and they did a pretty good job at that. I'm sure many of us have fond memories of scarfing down tons of rocket pop popsicles on hot summer days as children and this provides a nice trip down memory lane. It tastes about as close to the real thing that it could be as a powdered flavor with about 12oz of water, though the mixability will make sure that you refill up at least 1 extra time to get it all down. I've always had a significant amount of sediment left over against the walls of my bottle after chugging which is somewhat annoying but not a deal breaker by any means in my book. It also uses a larger then normal scooper (15g) for each individual dose that is still pretty water bottle friendly.

----Effectiveness----
As I mentioned before, Mesomorph contains a pretty wide spectrum of ingredients and they all hit pretty hard to provide an intense workout enhancing effect. I typically take my pre-workouts before getting out of my car in the gym parking lot since the walk inside, time to change, and refill water offers enough time for the supplement to start kicking in. I don't know what kind of beta alanine APS uses for Mesomorph but I must say that it tingles like no other pre-workout I've ever used. It starts almost immediately and doesn't go away till I finally start hitting the weights which gives me extra pep in my step to hurry onto the gym floor. The DMAA and caffeine kick in rather quickly too and give you that adrenaline-like feeling that makes you want to absolutely attack the weights for each and every set to failure. The other nitric oxide boosting supplements also provide an excellent pump that lasts way past the entire workout. The pump for me personally gets so good that I literally feel like I have imaginary lat syndrome non-stop on back days, but yeah the pumps are amazing! However everything that goes up must eventually come down and Mesomorph is no exception to this because the crash can be pretty rough post-workout, but I personally have to say that it's well-worth the crash for how much it positively affects my workout.

----Value----
I scoured the internet and was able consistently find Mesomorph for $35 at most reputable supplement sites. At 25 servings per tub it comes to $1.40 per serving and considering the ingredient profile and personal effectiveness its had on my workouts it is most definitely worth the price tag. It's pretty rare to be able to find a pre-workout with a ingredient profile of this caliber for only $35 and although it's filled with several proprietary blends I do believe that they utilize doses that must be close to what is deemed to be clinically effective.

----Side Effects----
Might be too strong on the stimulant side for people that aren't used to taking pre-workouts. Also not a good option for individuals that dislike the "tingling" beta alanine feeling.

----Conclusion----
APS did a pretty amazing job with creating Mesomorph by encompassing an all-in-one pre-workout with all the bells and whistles that any gym rat could ever ask for at an affordable price. It's pretty unfortunate that they decided to label every supplement in Mesomorph under proprietary blends but I am fairly confident that most of the ingredients are effectively dosed. Regardless of the blends, Mesomorph is a powerhouse of a pre-workout that never stops working till way after the gym session ends. Though it's not a pre-workout for any supplement newbies by any means, any lifter that loves strong pre-workouts absolutely needs to give Mesomorph a try. I would go as far as to say that at this current moment Mesomorph has assumed the position as my favorite pre-workout supplement that can still be legally purchased in stores. Cheers!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Aggressive
  • Focus
  • Great Pump
  • Did Not Build Up Tolerance
  • Increased Muscle Endurance
  • Crash
  • Proprietary Blend
  • Poor Mixability
WarMachine
  November 11, 2016

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to APS for sending it out!)
----Introduction----

A huge thanks to APS for providing mesomorph for the SR ERs and Troops to try out. My history with APS supplements is limited to only their test booster testalensis, which I used way back during my TRI-SARM cycle. I found to be pretty decent, but other than that, I have no other experience with APS. That is until mesomorph presented itself as an opportunity. Mesomorph is a pre workout formulated with several well-known ingredients that we typically find in most of today's popular pwos. What makes mesomorph stand out though, is that it is one of the few pwos on today's market containing the past banned ingredient DMAA. I used more pwos in my time than you could count including those with DMAA. Per usual, I know what I wanted and what I would want to expect from this product.

Three prop blends?.....Criminal

However, lets not break the deal just yet. The three prop blends are given their own unique names with particular ingredients. The following analysis is based on a full scoop dose.

First we have the Synthenox/Carnosine Nitroc oxide blend. This blend consists of beta-alanine, L-Citrulline Malate, and AAKG at a blend dosage of 6500mg. According to APS's own description, a full scoops serving of mesomorph provides 4g of beta alanine. Sounds good, but with only 2500mg remaining, one could presume that the L-citrulline malate and AAKG are most likely under-dosed to a degree.

Next we have the Mesoswell/Cell Volumizing ATP Matrix. This 4500mg matrix contains Di-creatine malate, L-taurine, creatine nitrate, abscorbic acid, agmatine, and creatinol-o-phosphate. Definitely some good ingredients, but again, it is likely that not each of these are dosed favorable.

Lastly, there is the Neuro-Morphed Neuro-energized Stimulant matrix dosed at 1870mg. Here we have a couple of forms of caffeine stimulant sources, naringin, and DMAA. I'd say these are the more accurately dosed ingredients given the prop quantitiy of the matrix and that caffeine and DMAA don't need significantly high doses to be effective.

Overall, getting over the prop blend disliking, I would say this is a solid profile.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

I received rocket pop and I personally enjoyed. I wasn't entirely indicative of the childhood popsicle favorite most of us may remember, but still good if you are familiar with how that popsicle satisfied your childhood sweet tooth on those hot summer days.

The product's mixability was good. I always used water and it mixed fine without any fine grit or undissolved material.

The dosing is typical of most pre-workouts. I took one full scoop about 20-30 minutes before hitting the iron.

----Effectiveness----

Gonna resort to the category format for this one.

Energy (9/10): A little shy of a full ten, but nonetheless, the energy from mesomorph was awesome. The surge was clean, consistent, and lasted throughout my entire workout regardless how long my sessions were. This was especially helpful when I had to hit the gym early mornings or after college classes.

Pump (8/10): I got a good solid pump from mesomorph all the time. Noticed my vascularity in several prominent areas to be more visual especially during high volume phases. Muscle fullness and swole were definitely felt on those heavy compound stints.

Focus (8/10): Wasn't expecting much in this area given the ingredient dosages, but I was taken by surprise here. My focus was pinpoint sharp throughout my workouts similar to a nootropic's influence. I had a more predominant mindset and was more honed on completing level objectives on all movements.

Endurance (7/10): As I mentioned in past pwo reviews, I don't pay too much attention to endurance benefits because I generally have a good level of endurance to begin with. Nevertheless, mesomorph surprised me here as well. Thanks I think mostly to the beta alanine and DMAA, I felt a noticeable increase in my endurance capacity. I was less fatigued both during and after extended volume rep sets and during my boxing and heavy cardio sessions, I found that I was able to re-engage intervals with somewhat less rest.

Overall, mesomorph shined in all areas I was hoping it would. It is definitely a pre workout that will make its way to my list of top pwo products.

----Value----

The cheapest price I was able to find mesomorph was 34.95. This value is a bit of a stretch for me considering the tub only comes with 25 servings as opposed to a full 30 supply. I think it depends mostly on how much you dose as to how you would view the value. If you take a full scoop like me, that price seems a tad high in comparison to some others with full month supply servings. If you are a half scoop user, than the value is much better. Overall, given the mesomorph is a great product, I'd say the value is decent, but you'd absolutely want to try and catch on sale anytime you can.

beta alanine tingles

----Conclusion----

Mesomorph is an all around great pre workout that I would strongly recommend to anyone who wants the extra energy edge in the gym. If you're one of the less stim tolerant than you'll want to start with a half a scoop, but for my more stim junkie-esque fitness buffs, hit up the full scoop for some real fun. Be sure to try to catch it on sale and don't hesitate on the rocket pop flavor.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO PATS!!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Crash
  • Endurance
  • Did Not Build Up Tolerance
  • Extreme Mental And Physical Activity
  • Great Pump
  • Calm Controlled Focus Untill The Last Rep
  • Tingles
workoutguru
  October 31, 2016

First off I want to thank APS Nutrition for letting me have the chance to give this product a try. I have been hearing a lot about this company and never really looked into them much until lately. After what I had been seeing I thought their products looked rather interesting and wanted to give this a try. I had heard from a few other people that thought this was a decent product and was rather excited to finally give it a try.

Ingredients:
My first complaint I have with the profile here is the prop blends they use. They have a lot of really good stuff in here but don't tell you how much of each ingredient you are really getting. All you get in each area is a total amount of everything they put in here. They do break this up into three parts. First you get your Synthenox-carnosine/nitric oxide complex. Then Mesowell-cell volumizing ATP matrix. and last you get Neuromoph-neuro energized stimulant matrix. They say this is clinically dosed and I would say for the most part it is except for there are 4g of beta alanine per scoop. The issue with this I have is because 2.5g of L-Citrulline DL-Malate 2:1 and AAKG is not a clinical official dose. The 4g of beta alanine for some people may be a bit overkill I think when the clinical dose is 3.2g I do like that they use creatine nitrates because I have used them before and found to work pretty good for me. I like the addition of DMAA but it does have it's pros and cons. On paper the profile looks great but with the prop blends they use makes it a little harder to rate without knowing just how much of each ingredient you are getting. I still feel it delivered well so don't let the transparency of the label stop you from trying this.

Value:
On most sites I am seeing this sell for $34.95 and you get 25 servings. I feel this is a little on the high side if your doing a full scoop each time. I know some people were getting by with half scoop and if you do then the price is not as bad. For me I used a full scoop each time so I feel the price is a high for me. I would like to see this increased to 30 servings and then I would be ok with the price.

Taste:
I had wanted to try their tutti frutti flavor but was sent there rocket pop instead which I was ok with. This was kind of hard to explain just what it tasted like. This did not have that taste that you knew for sure what this was suppose to taste like. I figured this kind of tasted like a grape flavor but not totally. It was something I did enjoy the more I used it. It was nothing to sweet or tart at all. Seemed to have just the right flavoring to it. This will for sure be nothing you will not enjoy drinking.

Mixing/Dosing:
For the most part mixing was no issue at all. Maybe just a little slight residue left over but nothing to be worried about at all. I will say they use a bit of dyes in this because when mixed it turned a dark purple color. It was cool to see but I would rather they not use any dyes. Dosing was pretty simple. Take one scoop before workout. What's nice about this is that you won't need to more than one scoop at a time.

This I found to be a pretty effective pre-workout for me. I know some people thought this was a bit to stim heavy for them. For me I thought this was just right on energy for my liking. I felt this gave me some pretty good energy that really seemed to last a long time. A lot of the times at the end of my workouts I felt like I could have kept going a little longer. This does have DMAA in it and I feel this really helped with giving me more energy to keep going. DMAA does have it's pros and cons for me. Giving me more energy was good but the cons I noticed from it were after my workouts I did notice a bit of a crash at times. Also I noticed this caused me a little bit of shortness of breathe because there were times I felt I was breathing a lot heavier than I normally do. I am fine if they want to keep using DMAA in here because the pros of it I feel were a lot better than the con parts I noticed. I know a lot of people said the pumps they got from this were pretty good. Well for me I have a really hard time noticing pumps. For me I thought the pumps from this were so so. If I do notice any pumps they are usually real short and do not last very long and that is how they felt for me when using this. I feel my focus from this was pretty good. I felt I could really lock into my workouts better and could block out other stuff a lot better. I feel I did get some decent strength gains from this. I know they use creatine nitrates in this and like I said above I have used them before and have had good results from them. I was not breaking PR's with this but my lifts seemed to go a lot easier and felt stronger. I did notice that after my workouts when I got home and was ready to eat supper that this did take away a little bit of my appetite because I did not seem to eat as much as I normal would to get full. I would be fine with that if I was on more of a cut but not when I am trying to bulk more. I do think this made me look a little more leaner because I was not eating as much. I know my weight did go down some from this but at least I did not loose much for strength gains because of that which usually happens when I start to lose weight. I think this is more of a performance type pre-workout which I did like. I know this might not be for everyone but it is worth trying at least once. If your looking for some good strength, endurance, recovery, focus, and energy this I think hits all of those areas really well.

Side Effects:
Like I said above the crash I got from this and the shortness of breathe at times. Those were about the only things I noticed.

Overall:
For the most part I was pretty happy with this pre-workout. I think this hit all areas really well that a pre-workout should. I would highly recommend giving this a try. I feel this is one of the better pre-workouts on the market. I could for sure see myself using this again but more so if I was on a cut rather than trying to bulk. My only regret is that I did not try this pre-workout sooner. I really wish they would do away with the prop blends and let you know just how much you are getting with each ingredient. I can let the prop blend side since this turned out to work pretty well for me. Again I want to thank APS Nutrition for making such a great product and for letting me try this.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Drinkable
  • Aggressive
  • Focus
  • No Fatigue
  • Calm Controlled Focus Untill The Last Rep
  • Great Pump
Gdolce42
  October 14, 2016

----Introduction----
After attending Mr. Olympia this past September I was able to gather enough supplements to last me a couple months. Curiously, I was going through the pre-workouts and decided to try out Mesomorph by APS. There are two reasons I decided to try this of all the types 1) because it had the most beta-alanine in it and 2) because I had enough single serve packets to make up and entire tub (about 25 servings). I will only review supplements that I can take for a long period of time because I want to see the long term effects just as badly as the short term effects. Mesomorph has a great formula to get you pumped and has NO CAFFEINE which I enjoy. I was able to rep weights that I struggled previously (I don't know if this was because I felt good), I was able to front squat 315 2x, which is a personal best for me.

----Ingredient Profile----
Beta alanine - In most-preworkouts, beta-alanine is a molecule that helps buffer acid in muscles, and may increase your performance in short bouts 60-120 sec range. It can aid lean-mass gain and can serve as an antioxidant and anti-aging compound. It has been shown to increase endurance and give you those extra reps during your last sets of the workout.

L-citrulline - a non-essential amino acid that boosts nitric oxide in your body. This allows your arteries to relax and work better aka dilate. Other effects it can have is that it decrease your BP and may help treat some disease (fun facts for the day)

Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate - another non-essential amino acid that is helpful in boosting nitric oxide in your body. This may be able to amplify the muscle building effects of exercising and other nutritional supplements that you take. This amino acid also help the liver break down by-products of muscle exercise which can increase your performance.

Di-Creatine Malate - this allows for more efficient creatine entry into the muscle cells. It may also have some benefits for intense repetitive exercise. One other thing that Ci-creatine does is increase GF-1 which aids in muscle growth.

Creatine Nitrate - There is not much research about creatine nitrate have added nutritional benefits other than it makes the pre-workout you drink taste better because it is more soluble in water.

Neuro-Energized Matrix - 1870mg

glucoronolactone - this is mainly for energy. It is in most energy drinks that are sold at the supermarket

Methylxanthine Anhydrous - may provide you with the extra edge you need during your workouts. It opens up your airways so you can take more oxygen in in order for your muscle and lungs to work better. Since you are increasing blood flow to the muscle you are working they will require increased oxygen to work more efficiently.

DMAA (otherwise known as 1,3-dimethylamylamine) - crazy stuff guys. This stuff if illegal in high doses so it is essential that when this is in a supplement you need to do your research. More importantly, when combine with caffeine it can be a major health concern to certain individuals. Now what does it do? This is a natural stimulant similar to Ephedrine and adrenaline. This will give a huge spike energy, but be careful for some people it may cause a huge crash after your workout.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
The taste of Tutti Frutti was so awful I don't even know what to say. You when you chew gum for a while and it just loses its flavor and seems like your just chewing goo? Yeah that is what it tastes like. With that being said, it mixed great with 12 oz of water. There was no re-stir needed and no residue left over. ONE SERVING IS PLENTY. With the added DMAA stimulant in this preworkout it is advised if you take the recommended dosing if not less.

----Effectiveness----
A++ - with the added DMAA stimulant this gives you so much energy you will need to go back to the gym after leaving. That mixed with the beta-alanine allowed me to be a freak in the gym. It takes about 30-60 minuted to work so plan accordingly. I was able to get through my night workouts when I felt like a had no energy. I was able to lift and do my cardio fast and efficient which is in my favor because I am a busy guy. I am in a fat-loss phase right now so the fact that it has DMAA in it is actually an added plus. DMAA is known to be in some fat-loss supplements and is also the ingredient that used to be in the original OxyElitePro and Jacked. Fortunately, this preworkout has the correct dosing of DMAA so IT IS LEGAL and IT IS AWESOME. I love this pre-workout but I would not recommend it for everyone. If you don't know your body and the the possible side effects some of the ingredients may have then do not use this product. For those who are experienced lifters and want that boost to give you extra reps, extra weight, and extra energy I recommend at least trying it. I There are 7 different flavors so you do not have to get the kind I got, which I won't recommend anyways.

----Value----
You can get a tub of 25 servings for $35. It really is not that bad considering some of the time you may not even be taking a full scoop of this stuff. This is the cheapest I have seen.

----Side Effects----
Increased HR, shortness of breath (these are side effects of DMAA only if you take too much)

----Conclusion----
GET IT. It was a good experience taking Mesomorph only because it was something new. I have been trying new supplements here and there and then telling the SR community about them and I definitely did not want to hide this one from you guys. I may get it again in the future, but it is not something I would taking consistently for every workout only because I drink coffee in the mornings before work and I don't any adverse side effects from the DMAA in this pre workout. Once again be careful BUT this was an AWESOME pre-workout to get through those hard workouts.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Aggressive
  • Focus
  • No Fatigue
  • Great Pump
  • Animal-like Aggression
  • Tutti Frutti: 3/10
pfajgen
  July 5, 2016

----Introduction----
Hey guys I'm back again today to review a pre workout that will be a new must have in my cutting stacks. That pre workout is APS Mesomorph. I trained on this preworkout fasted 6 days a week. The only addition to my workouts was BCAAs intra workout.

----Ingredient Profile----
The ingredient profile is solid. It can be viewed on apsnutrition.com. What I really like about this preworkout is that it has around 4g of beta alanine and 5g of citrulline malate per serving. I can honestly say that you will feel the beta tingles. The 5g of citrulline malate is right where I would like to be to start seeing some pump and vascularity...i think the clinical dosage is around 6g. Other nice inclusions are creatine nitrate and most importantly DMAA. Creatine nitrate is used in other preworkout products like c4, however DMAA is much more rare these days.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I had the rocket pop flavor and I must say that it was delicious. Honestly, as a child I wasn't a huge fan of rocket pops...but this preworkout tasted so good that I looked forward to it each morning. It reminded me of sweet tarts more than anything.

As far as the mixability of the preworkout goes, I found that it mixed easily. I would typically put one serving in a shaker and just kinda swirl it around for a few seconds (with the top off) and would find that it was completely mixed.

I dosed this supp at 1 scoop fasted each morning 30 minutes before my workout. I honestly never felt the need to change from one scoop. I can say with certainty that I would not go beyond a heaping scoop lol.

----Effectiveness----
This product gave me great energy each and everyday. I had laser focus, the type you would expect from a product containing DMAA. The energy and focus would last through the entirety of each workout. I found that I looked a bit dryer as well from this product, which was a nice added bonus. The one area that this product may have lacked was in the pump area. Despite the inclusion of 5g citrulline malate (which i typically respond well to), I had minimal pumps. I wasn't upset about this because I felt like my strength, endurance, recovery, focus, and energy were all on point.

----Value----
This product can be found online for around $35 at most retailers. I feel like this is a fair price considering the inclusion of DMAA.

----Side Effects----
I had no adverse side effects. Never had a crash. The only side effect I had was a loss of appetite. This worked out perfectly for me given that I was cutting for the summer. I would find that I would be unable to eat for a solid 2 hours post workout. This was great because I do intermittent fasting and fast in the mornings.

----Conclusion----
This preworkout is great for anyone looking for focus and energy. It is phenomenal for anyone looking for a preworkout to use during a cut. I would highly recommend it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Crash
  • Drinkable
  • Focus
  • Did Not Build Up Tolerance
  • Loss Of Appetite
  • Lack Of Pump
  • Rocket pop: 9/10
Bill_Plates
  May 1, 2016

----Introduction----
Every now and then I decide to break the bank and splurge on a preworkout ive heard good things about. Used this while trying to recomp and maintain mass while dropping fat, and it worked wonders. Using as Pwo cycle with other stuff since it has DMAA, so not taking it every day.

----Ingredient Profile----
The dreaded proprietary blends. It has 4g of beta alanine, which I cant hate on, but that leaves it lacking a bit in citrulline & arginine IMO for a 6.5g blend. The cell volumizing matrix pays off big time for me, at 4.5g it gives you a mix of creatine, my fav being the addition of creatine nitrate, as well as taurine & agmatine. I add my own agmatine to any pwo, but I can feel it in this. I particularly dislike the blend that has the DMAA in it, not because its a blend, but because id like to know how much im taking exactly. If it gave us exact doses id give the profile a 9, because it has everything I want, but proprietary blends are always a bummer. I also like to add my own small tweaks to a pwo, but nonetheless, this stuff makes me feel godly. no knocking it. Wish I could give more on the profile, but its all guess work.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I Generally assume if it works its gonna taste nasty, but I got my hands on the rocket popscicle flavor and lord it was one of the best tasting pres ive ever taken. It was like mixing a crushed up sweet-tart in my water. 10/10 as far as taste goes. Mixing was solid, through a scoop in my shaker, 3 pumps and it was good to go. left a little residue around my lid, but really no biggie.
Dosing calls for one rounded scoop, or approximately 15.5g. A beautiful sight to see plop down into the bottom of your bottle, like ecstasy.

----Effectiveness----
Here's the Reason I swear by this product, It gave me the most insane energy ive ever gotten from a pwo, within 10 minutes. I took just one full scoop of this, set a PR for reps on deadlift, slayed bi's like never before, had so much energy that I finished up with with a traps/abs/burpies superset. yeah, burpies, no freaking joke. I feel like superman when I take this. And ive found the perfect dosing for myself, which ill get into next. 9.5/10

----Value----
The cheapest ive found a container of this was about $34, which for 25 servings isn't the best deal in my opinion. But considering you pay this amount and get a months worth of GOOD workouts, cause I doubt you could have a bad one with this, so its not so bad. And ive found that 1/2 a scoop is the perfect amount for me. It stretches that container to 50 servings and still gives me an incredible workout, better than almost anything else ive used. So $34 for 50 servings of a quality pwo is bout as good as it gets. 7/10 on value.

----Side Effects----
This is where the tide turns a bit, but not too bad. Since it does contain DMAA, it has some sides. At one full scoop it comes with a pretty hefty crash, As well as a bit of a loss of appetite. And if you try to be as precise as possible with meals as I do, makes post workout difficult. Worst part was what I assumed to be stim dick. Never had it before, but I know is a possibility with DMAA. It hasn't happened every time, and at times has just made me last longer, still scary nonetheless. I found at half a scoop its never an issue, and at a full scoop if taken before 3p.m. or so im good to go by the night. So it has sides, but nothing you cant manage. 5/10

----Conclusion----

Overall, it is an absolutely amazing product that ill probably keep in my rotation for a while. Great value if you can half scoop it, taste good, aside from the sides I mentioned and could easily work around, Its a hit for me.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Drinkable
  • Focus
  • Great Pump
  • Animal-like Aggression
  • Did Not Build Up Tolerance
  • Loss Of Appetite
  • Stim Dick
Robiraw
  January 12, 2016

----Introduction----

I am a certified personal trainer/fitness advisor at a health club. I am currently trying to cut some body fat and put on some muscle mass. After many years of taking various PWO supps, I have grown a pretty hefty tolerance to the products on the shelf. One of our personal trainers let me try a scoop of this before a back workout and it was one of the best workouts I have had. I had a huge pump going after only a few sets. The focus that it gave me was unparalleled.

----Ingredient Profile----

The one red flag for me was the bulk of the ingredients were in "blends". Which means you don't know how much of each ingredient you are getting.
It contains a blend of beta alanine, citrulline, and arginine which all help blood flow and fight muscle fatigue. Even though they are pretty lightly dosed, they are still effective.
Another ingredient I noticed was agmatine sulfate. I definitely noticed the effects of this ingredient. It helps decrease pain sensation which helped me push through more reps and sets by delaying the burning sensation in the muscles.
It also contained some big named ingredients such as glucoronolactone (metabolite of glucose, helps liver get rid of toxins) and methylxanthine (bronchodilator, helps open up the bronchioles to support better breathing). Another ingredient that caught my eye was Geranaburn (geranium extract). This helps the body look more toned and tight. It is also used to help fight neuro-degenerative diseases by increasing brain function. This would explain the laser-like focus you receive during your workouts.
There are many types of creatine, each having their own benefits. Mesomorph contains creatine malate (helps with cell volumization) and creatine nitrate (also helps with cell volumization). The creatine nitrate also mixes much easier than monohydrate, this just means no clumps or sandy residue after mixed.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I'm not one to judge a PWO on the taste, however, the Rocket Pop flavor was surprisingly good. It mixed great, no clumps or sandy residue on the bottom of the cup. Slightly bigger scoop than most PWO but mixes so well it wasn't a problem.

----Effectiveness----

Again, this is the best PWO I have ever taken. This gave me a better pump, focus, and energy boost than anything I have taken. I worked out for 2 solid hours and still felt like I could keep going. I used it for 4 weeks and never built up a tolerance like most other PWOs I have taken. I noticed my workouts were a lot more efficient and the focus lasted throughout the entire day. I put on about 5 pounds of muscle mass as well as cutting off about 6% body fat in 4 weeks. I noticed just after the first week that my body looked more toned.

----Value----

This product is somewhat pricey for only 25 servings but the effectiveness overpowered the price. It worked so well that I don't mind paying a little bit more than average.

----Side Effects----

I didn't really notice any major side effects. I had somewhat of a crash feeling after a big workout, but I am not sure if that was from the PWO or the length and intensity of the workout. I wasn't jittery or anxious after I took it. I did however have troubling falling asleep some nights when I had a late workout and took it too close to bed time.

----Conclusion----
I would/do recommend this product to anyone looking for an elite PWO. One major thing for me was that I never built a tolerance to it, so it had the same effects over a longer period of time. Although it is a little more expensive for just 25 servings, it is definitely worth the money. And the results are hard to beat for a PWO. I did put on size and definitely held a pump for much much longer. Bottom line if you are looking for an awesome PWO, definitely give Mesomorph a try!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Drinkable
  • Focus
  • No Fatigue
  • Great Pump
  • Extreme Mental And Physical Activity
  • Did Not Build Up Tolerance
    htevans
      August 20, 2015

----Ingredient Profile---- 7/10
    I have very mixed feelings towards this profile on paper. On the bottle it claims that the ingredients are in clinical efficacious dosages and that there are 4g of beta alanine per scoop. I take issue with this because 2.5g of L-Citrulline DL-Malate 2:1 and AAKG is not a clinical efficacious dose. Furthermore, 4g of beta alanine is a bit overkill as 3.2g is the clinical efficacious dose. Another problem I have with Mesomorph's supplement facts is the proprietary blends. I love the inclusion of agmatine, creatine nitrate, etc in the "Mesoswell-Cell Volumizing ATP Matrix" but I want to know how much of each ingredient is in there. I have an even bigger issue with the lack of transparency in the "Neuromorph-Neuro Energized Stimulant Matrix." I want to know how much of each stimulant I am taking per scoop for obvious reasons.

Even with all these problems with the supplement facts, I have to admit mesomorph delivers big time. Maybe the dosages don't look great on paper and the lack of transparency is concerning in some areas but if you didn't look at the supplement facts panel, you'd never know it. However, because of the issues I listed above, I have to give this profile a 7/10. If there was more transparency I'd easily up it to an 8 or 9.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing---- 8.5/10
    I used the tropical punch flavor and have recently started using the pineapple flavor and these taste great. The pineapple tastes just like pineapple juice and the tropical punch tastes a little sweet but it is not bad. The mixability was near perfect given all the ingredients. I barely had any residue in my shaker (even when I didn't have a strainer/ball in it). It's nice to know that you're getting all of each scoop. The only place where Mesomorph loses points is dosing. 1 scoop is 15.5g of which almost 2gs are stims. I started out with one scoop thinking the suggestion to start at 1/2 scoop was a bunch of bs. Could I be more wrong? I felt like I was going to die a few times I was so wired. After having learned my lesson, I tried 1/2 scoop and had great energy and pumps. Eventually, I tried 3/4 scoop after reading some reviews and found this was my sweet spot that I would use for most of the bottle. I had amazing energy, was totally zoned in with tunnel vision, and had some killer pumps. I highly recommend starting at half a scoop then trying 3/4 scoop if you to be a little more wired.

----Effectiveness---- 9/10
    I felt like a god when I used Mesomorph. I can't really describe the pumps any other way than ridiculous and very consistent. Almost every time I took it I had god-tier pumps, especially on chest day. I'm pretty sure I actually got through my workouts a little quicker than usual too. The energy you get from Mesomorph is just amazing. All I wanted to do is lift for hours. Which can actually be a bit of a negative, because after the gym I'd still be pretty amped up for a few hours (I go at night usually). Additionally, that DMAA crash hits like a brick after the energy wears off. Since I lift at night, the crash wasn't a real negative but if used during the day it could be a real pain. Still, I have to give the effectiveness a 9/10 because Mesomorph helped me really get into the zone and just crush the weights even when I wasn't really feeling it.

----Value---- 7.5/10
    Value is where Mesomorph really falls short the most for me. It is about $35-40 (depending on if online or in a store) for a container of 25 servings. If you use it at 1/2 or 3/4 scoop it becomes more cost effective but at over a dollar per serving (at 3/4-1 scoop) it is still a bit expensive. Most of the bigger pre-workouts are about $.8-$1 per serving so I cannot give Mesomorph anything higher than a 8 for value. I also deduct .5 points for availability. Since Mesomorph contains DMAA some sites and stores won't carry it. That being said, there are plenty of places to find it but not being available at bodybuilding.com, tiger fitness, or any of my local brick and mortar stores costs it half a point.

----Side Effects---- 7.5/10
    Like I briefly mentioned before, the DMAA crash is present. No doubt about it, you will hit the wall after a few hours. It seems like my appetite also hit the same wall because I'd have to force myself to eat dinner sometimes. These sides come with the DMAA are aren't really a surprise but they can still be a pain. The sides wouldn't stop me from using this product in the future though.

----Conclusion---- 7.9/10
    I had a tough time deciding between a 7 or 8 overall rating. The profile, sides, and value made me leans towards 7 but the effectiveness and taste made a serious counter argument for 8. In the end, I decided I would just take the average of all the categories as I felt it would be most fair. I rarely rate like this but I really feel that every component here mattered. Usually, that isn't the case and I give a few categories more weight than others, but since each category really had a noticeable impact on my experience with Mesomorph I feel like averaging the category ratings was fair. Despite the 7.9 rating however, Mesomorph is one of my favorite pre-workout supplements now that I know what to expect. It will definitely be a staple in my rotation of pre-workouts and I highly recommend trying it out.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Focus
    • Did Not Build Up Tolerance
    • Animal-like Aggression
    • Aggressive
    • Extreme Mental And Physical Activity
    • Drinkable
    • Jittery Before And After
    • Heart Rate Is Fast And Hard
    torpi
      March 2, 2015

----Introduction----
    (Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)
    Hey guys, Today I decided to review probably the most potent concentrated stim PWO I have ever used - Mesomorph from APS. Firstly I want to mention that it was (and still is) the only PWO where the recommended serving size of 1 scoop was unfortunatelly, too much for me and I had to lower the dose to 3/4 of the scoop, to didnt get too jittery in the gym and to avoid post-workout headaches. So here is my personal experience with this PWO.

Ingredient Profile 9/10

Serving size: 15,5 grams (one rounded scoop)
    Servings per container: 25

Synthenox-Carnosyne/Nitric Oxide Complex: 6500mg
    - Beta-Alanine, L-Citrulline DL-Malate 2:1, AAKG

Mesoswell-Cell Volumizing ATP Matrix: 4500mg
    - Di-Creatine Malate, L-Taurine, Creatine Nitrate, Ascorbic Acid, Creatinol-O-Phosphate, Agmatine Sulfate

Neuromorph-Neuro Energized Stimulant Matrix: 1870mg
    - Glucoronolactone, Methylxantine (Caffeine) Anhydrous, 3,7-Dihydro-3,7-Dimethyl-1H-Purine-2,6-Dione (Theobromine), Naringin, Geranaburn (gerainium oil extract).

Well, according to the nutritional info panel, Mesomorph is obviously a very potent PWO. However, it is not a "typical" (cca 3-5g scooped) concentrated stim. I would say that it stands somewhere between a stim and a complete "muscle-building" PWO, because alongside some serious stims it also contains quite large amouth of various "muscle-building" and "pump" type of ingredients such as BA, 2 types of creatine, L-Citrulline Malate, AAKG, Creatinol-O-Phosphate and Agmatine Sulfate. But again, we do not know the exact amouth of each of them, except BA (label says 4000mg per scoop!). Therefore I am guessing that most of them are severally underdosed (especially AAKG, citrulline and agmatine).
    Thats for the ingredients listed in first two matrixes. The third - neuro-stimulant matrix - is however another story. Due to my personal experience with dosing I would definitelly suggest that per 1 full scoop, the ingredients listed here are overdosed.

Taste - 7/10 - I had the Watermelon flavour and its definitelly not the tastiest PWO i had drink, but definitelly better than D-Stunner ;) I dont drink PWO for their taste but for their effects and as long as PWO didnt upsets my stomach, I could bear the taste, even if its terrible. That beeing said, I had no stomach or any issues with Mesomorph so I dont have any complains against the taste. However, it could be better

Mixability - 10/10 - Everything perfect here

Dosing - first 2 times - 1 full scoop, then cca 3/4 of a scoop (sweet spot for me).

Effectiveness - 10/10
    As I said at the beginning, Mesomorph was the strongest PWO I have ever used. It is the only PWO, where 1 full scoop was too much for me. The first two times I took full scoop, it was like I have been hit with the train. Seriously, this stuff has potency to wake the dead! First few minutes of my work-out I was very satisfied with immidiate rush of energy that Mesomorph provided. To be honest, I was more like a "angry-type" of energy. Determination to crush the weights and make new PRs no matter what. However, this first "alpha-male" feeling soon turned into a jittery type of energy. I started to sweat a lot and had problem to catch my breath. However, the worst part were the headaches which I got during my first work-out. After 4 deadlift + bent-over row supersets I had to stop and go home, because I get so dizzy that I could not walk straight. The same thing happened day after on my chest day. Although I finished my workout, but when I came back home, I had some serious headache and slept for over 8 hours. Next day I rather took a day off to recover. On the other day, however, I felt ok and was ready to go back to the gym. To avoid the dizzyness and headaches I experienced I rather decided to lower the dose to 1/2 scoop. And honestly, I had some decent work-out. Nothing special, just decent. No jitters, dizzyness or headaches, everything went well in the gym. So on another day I decided to experiment a little and slightly high up the dose to 3/4 of a scoop and found out that this was the sweet spot for me. Energy, endurance, focus and concentration on work-out were great. The only thing lacking were the pumps, so I had to add an extra gram of Agmatine to get fully satisfied. After that everything was on point and I experienced one of my best work-outs.

Value 8/10 - Mesomorph cost me 39 Euro, which is quite a lot for a 25 servings. But on the other hand, when I realized that I only need 3/4 of a scoop, the price became much more bearable.

Side Effects - As I mention allready, when I took 1 full scoop, I was jittery, sweat a lot, had problems with breathing during my work-out and had some serious headaches post. However, this happened only twice and when I lowered the serving to 3/4 of a scoop everything was perfect, without any side effects.

Conclusion - Overall I have to say that I could not blame Mesomorph for sides, which I experienced during and after first two work-out. At full dose it was just too strong for me. But since I found out the right amouth of dosing that suited me the best, every work-out with Mesomorph was great in every aspect.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Focus
    • Stamina
    • Strenght
    • Endurance
    • All-round PWO
    • Taste
    SquatKing
      February 15, 2013

Energy Levels: 5/10- After taking PWOs for a while, I was a little disappointed with the energy that this product gave me. I don't think I'll be going back for my second tub. I expected to be pushing out that more reps and to have a little more energy to go harder at the gym to really smash my muscle groups.

Value: 3/10 – the first thing I don't quite understand is why the packaging instructs you take this with a litre of water, is that because the scoop is so large? 15.5grams to be exact, so you consume more and just don't feel it through the excessive water? Not sure on this one. However, only getting 25 scoops worth of this stuff seems like a bit of a cop out when you consider the price, and in comparison to other products that are on the market too. Sorry APS bit of a thumbs down from me on this one for value. Especially when im being instructed to take half a scoop on an off day?

Effectiveness: 6/10 – I would have to say the most effective noticeable result of this product is the focus. I was easily going up in repetitions on the same weights I usually push, even adding on the poundage for a lot of my exercises too. Occasionally id have the energy to push out another set or dropset. Always a great feeling, and I attribute this to two things: a) the mental focus that I gained off meso, but also the creatine matrix contained in it too. Which leads me to my next point..

Ingredient Profile: 7/10 – so like any other supplement, picking up the tub and having a read of the back of it, you'll notice it has quite the complete profile. Looking past the caffeine annyhdrous and Taurine content (which is what you want for the energy hit), we're looking at a great nitric oxide blend for that pump feeling and a bit of vascularity too. So the beta alanine, citrulline and arginine make up the complex, which are the main ingredients you'd like in your pre. Even with the creatine content and agmatine as part of the cell volumizing app, you should see noticeable strength and size gains also. Similar effects to a monohydrate. Overall, its got all the right ingredients to give you good results from multiple areas.
    Other: the taste is great in the watermelon flavour, although we don't really take these things for taste, at least its not miserable to consume. I would also have liked to see more servings, or a smaller serving size which would have the same effect, especially considering its price – its definitely one of the more expensive pre workouts out there.

Overall: 5.5/10 – which I think is a fair score all factors considered. Would I be back for my second tub? Absolutely, and my theory is that if its not broken don't fix it, find a supplement that works, stick to it! This one's definitely worth a try.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Drinkable
    • Focus
    • Great Pump
    • Jittery Before And After
    • Some Nausea
    • Flat Lined Feeling

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.