Isomorph 28 Reviews

By: APS

Protein > Whey Protein
Isomorph 28 is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by APS. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Overall
Overall
  February 8, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Good
  • Enhances Strength
  • Better Endurance
  • Great For Recovery
  • Reduces Soreness
    Awhile ago APS was doing a contest on their facebook page to win a container of their Isomorph 28 protein. I was picked as the winner and got a container of this to try. I was pretty excited about winning this because I had been really wanting to give this a try for awhile now. Before getting this I had just finished using their pre-workout and amino products which I thought were both really good products and have reviews for them on here. From what I was seeing from the ingredient profile and reading the label this looked to be like it could be a pretty good protein and yes it was.

Ingredients:
    I think the profile for this is pretty good. I like the higher amount of protein at 28g. This protein contains cold processed micro & ultra filtered whey protein isolate, Ion exchange whey protein isolate, and hydrolyzed whey protein isolate. Whey protein isolate is 90% protein by weight, making it low in carbs, low in fat and virtually lactose free. Here is a little something I found on their website that I thought was rather interesting in how they make this protein.

"IsoMorph 28 pure whey isolate contains extremely small protein molecules that are literally 18x smaller than the proteins from almost every other product on the market (1000 Daltons vs 18,000 Daltons). This means that they can be completely absorbed because the intestinal wall allows them to pass through thanks to their small size. Since these small proteins get into your bloodstream via the small intestine, they get to work right away and require minimal effort from your digestive system".

Value:
    The cheapest I was able to find the 2lb container was on amazon.com for $29.95 for 27 servings. As far as I know this is the only size tub they make. I don't think the price is to bad for this product. I think $30 is the highest you should have to pay for a two pound container. The one issue with this is that it is not available on many sites yet and hope more sites start carrying which I think they will.

Taste:
    They have a few flavor in this and I decided to give their smores flavor a try. I wanted to try something a little different that your normal chocolate and vanilla. I thought overall this tasted pretty good. You notice right away that smores taste. It's not a super strong taste but has that nice rich creamy taste to it. It is not real heavy to drink. Reminds me of drinking a regular milk shake where is not real thick.

Mixing/Dosing:
    Had no issues with it mixing. Had no little pieces or clumps left over. It has a real fine powder to it so that is why I think it mixes so well. Dosing is pretty simple. On the directions they say to take 1-4 servings a day to encourage a positive nitrogen balance. For me personally I did not feel the need to take that many servings per day. I would take one scoop post workout. That is when I feel is best to take this right after your workout. I think you could also take this as a snack to help with your cravings if needed.

I thought this was one of the better proteins I have used. Right now I am still bulking a bit and feel this really helped with that a lot. Right now I am trying to pack on more size and muscle. I think this helped me a lot at putting more lean muscle mass on. I think this helped repair my muscles better so they could grow more. I know lately I looked like I was putting more size on and my weight had gone up a bit. I feel this helped a lot with my lifts because I was noticing that they were starting to go up more and was feeling a little stronger. My recovery was always really good with this. I feel this really helped reduce my recovery time a lot. I know the next day or two after doing some or my more grueling workouts I would not feel nearly as sore. I know on my really hard leg workouts this was a big life savers as to how good it made them feel the next couple of days. My DOMS were way down and hardly noticeable. At times I was wondering if I was even working out that hard because of how good I was feeling., I mean there was still some soreness I would have but it was way less and very much improved. Any kind of stomach or digestive issues with protein has never really been an issue for me and it was not an issue with this protein either. When mixed this was very smooth and very easy to drink. No thickness to this or clumps at all. This never gave me any upset stomach or digestive issues. I feel that because they use smaller protein molecules which absorb better and cause your digestive system to work a lot less harder is the biggest reason I had no stomach or digestive issues. Since this does not mix up very heavy like I did not notice much in the way of bloating in my stomach. I think some of the bloating I did notice was more from the weight gain I was putting on and my diet not being the greatest and not so much the protein itself. Usually when I would take this I could feel it took some of my appetite away and made me feel more full. That was good if I new I would not be able to eat any regular food for awhile. I think this works great for anyone who is trying to bulk or is trying to cut. I think if your using this and trying to cut you will want to really watch your diet a little more.

Side Effects:
    Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
    I thought this was one of the better proteins I have used. I was really pleased with how this helped me on my bulking more. I think what I look for in a protein this hit all of those areas really nicely. It's nice knowing that when you take this you are getting a more clean type protein without a lot of other junk in it. If you want a solid and effective protein I would highly recommend giving this a try. I would be happy to give this another try along with some of their other flavors. I would like to see them come out with a 5lb tub so this will last you longer. I think the idea behind this protein and how they went about making it was really good and gave me reasons as to why I found this to be one of the better proteins I have used. Again I want to thank APS for letting me have the chance to try this.
    • Smores: 8/10

• MarsheS
      February 12, 2017

Nice review. Effectiveness section could have been 2 separate paragraphs though ;)

• mhseaver670
      March 24, 2017

Never noticed they had a protein.