Chain'd Reaction Reviews

By: APS

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
Chain'd Reaction is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by APS. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Overall
Overall
9.4
9.1
  February 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Endurance
  • More Hyrdated
  • Reduces Muscle Soreness
  • Reduces DOMS And Fatigue

APS is one of my favorite brands. I have tried lots of aminos with different qualities and effectiveness. I don't think they are a necessity but they are nice to have in my opinion and this is probably the best one I've had.

2 scoops (12g)
    The ratio is a typical 2:1:1 profile

What makes this one unique is it has a time releasing leucine that goes into the muscles faster and for a longer time than other bcaas do.

They add glutamine as an extra ingredient which helps with recovery.

I tried rocket pop flavor and I think it tasted so good you would think it was a cheat meal. It's hard to describe the taste because it taste like a lot of fruits mixed into one.

Mixability was great. Had no clumps and it was perfectly smooth.

They recommend 1 scoop for under 150 lbs and add a scoop for every 50 lbs above that. I did 2 scoops

This is the only bcaa I would recommend to anyone as a pre or intra workout because it made me energized and pumped more than any bcaa I tried and when you are not taking a pre workout this is probably the best thing I've tried that's not actually a pre workout to be a pre workout. This actually was better than I expected it to be because I was expecting a regular bcaa but with a different taste. When I was doing cardio, I noticed I did not have a shortness of breath and was able to perform longer with little rest.

I got mine for $25 for 25 serving at a brick and mortar store which is only $1 a serving which is not bad considering it does more than most bcaas.

Side Effects

None that I had

Conclusion

When I first tried this I thought it was gonna be like any other bcaa but it was not. I consider this as amino energy because it has no stimulants but makes you feel like you had some in this drink.

November 3, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Reduces DOMS And Fatigue
    • Reduces Muscle Soreness
    • Better Endurance
    • More Hyrdated
      This was my second ever product from APS Nutrition I got the chance to try. Thanks again APS for letting me try this product. This is another one of the many amino products I have had the chance to try. I think aminos products are a must have in any workout stack you use. This for me turned out to be one of the better amino products I have used.

Ingredients:
      This is your standard 2:1:1 ratio. I seen on their website they explain a little how this is different than other amino products in two parts and I will post what they said. 1."Chain'd-Reaction is an ultra-concentrated BCAA formula that delivers a "proprietary" tripeptide and ultra-micronization BCAA. Chain'd-Reaction also contains in a time releasing matrix of L-Leucine to the muscles faster and for longer periods of time than typical BCAA products".

2. "Chain'd-Reaction utilizes the transport of peptides into cells, that is a well-documented biological phenomenon, which is accomplished by specific energy-dependent transporters found in a number of organisms such as amino acids. The amino acid/peptide transporter family of proteins was uncovered by sequence analysis of a number of recently discovered peptide transport proteins. The protein shows a distinct preference for tripeptides composed of L-amino acids, and discriminates dipeptides on the basis of the position of charges within the substrate.

Also like a few of the other goodies they put in here to help more with recovery. Glutamine I think is great and really helps with recovery. So over all I find this to be a fairly decent ingredient profile.

Value:
      The cheapest I am seeing this for is $27.95 for 25 servings. I don't think that is to bad a price for an amino product like this. Since it does have a few extra things in here besides just aminos I think the price is decent.

Taste:
      I was sent the Rocket Pop flavor. This was the same flavor I had in their pre-workout Mesomorph. I think this flavor tasted better in the Chain'd Reaction than their pre-workout Mesomorph. This was something I really enjoyed drinking. It was not a super strong taste but very refreshing like to drink. It does not have that distance taste that you know for sure just what it tastes like. This had that kind of a grape like taste to it but not totally. I think this is something that the more you drink it the more you will enjoy it.

Mixing/Dosing:
      Had no issues with it mixing. Seemed to mix right away when I would shake it up. It does when mixed have a kind of little purple color to it. According to the label this is how they recommend you dose this. If your <150lbs take 1 scoop. 150-200lbs 2 scoops. >200lbs 3 scoops. Since I am just under 200lbs I did 2 scoops each time.

Here are some of the claims this product says this will do posted on the label.
      Positive support for key neutrotransmitters
      Enhances focus, mood and stamina
      Possesses anti-catabolic and anti-cortisol effects
      Enhances nutrient utilization
      fights fatigue and stress
      Enhances the immune system and recovery.

This I found to be a bit different than a lot of the other amino products I have used. I was rather impressed with this and how effective this was for me. I think a lot of the claims they say this does were met. First off I want to say that I felt my recovery on this was very much improved and always felt a lot better after using this. Like I said in my review for their pre-workout Mesomorph I noticed a bit of shortness of breath and feel that was do to the DMAA they use. When I would start to use this after noticing the heavier breathing it really helped calm my breathing down a lot. It seemed like this really helped my endurance a lot because I was not breathing as heavy anymore. I always felt like after I would start using this I could keep going a lot longer and could really focus a lot better on my workouts. Overall I just felt a lot better once I would start to take this. Any bit of soreness I might have seemed to go away and was hardly noticeable for me while I worked out. Any DOMS I might get were next to none which was nice especially after leg days. I know when I would drink this it really made me want to drink a lot more water. Each time I would use this I had to keep filling my shaker bottle with water so I would not drink it all right away and then not have it last me through out my workout. I think this helped keep me a lot more hydrated since I was drinking a lot more water and kept my system more flushed out with the extra water. I think this helped me pack on a little more lean muscle mass since I was able to go a lot quicker between set and be able to burn a little more fat. I was not feeling as bloated and my muscles did not look as puffy like. I think this really helped a bit with my immune system also because I felt like I was starting to get a little bit of a cold and this helped me to avoid it or at least help reduse it a lot. I know a lot of the time after my workouts I felt like I could keep going longer because of how good this made me feel. For being a bit more of a simpler amino product this performed very well for me.

Side Effects:
      Nothing I noticed

Overall:
      At first when I started this I was a little unsure just how well I was going to like this. Well after using this product I was really impressed with this and what all it did for me. I have used many different amino products and I will say this really surprised me with what all it did. I think the claims they make that they say this does really delivers on those claims. If your looking for a good and effective amino product I would highly recommend checking this out. This is an amino product I would be more than happy to use again. Again I want to thank APS Nutrition for making such a great product and letting me have the chance to try it.
      • Rocket Pop: 9/10