Modular Series BAIBA Reviews

By: Antaeus Labs

Modular Series BAIBA is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by Antaeus Labs. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.
7.1

June 1, 2016

• Innovative Ingredient
  • Works Well In Combo W Other Products
  • Temporary Lethargy

I'd like to give a huge thank you to SR and Antaeus Labs for allowing me to try BAIBA. I ran this product on its own and in combination with Antaeus' Lipomorph. The review will touch up on effects of both, while mainly focusing on BAIBA.

Only one ingredient here, BAIBA aka -aminoisobutyric acid. Research shows that BAIBA helps with "browning" of the white fat cells, in turn making them more active and susceptible to being utilized as energy. In layman's terms BAIBA makes bad fat become good fat and then destroys it!

Since the product comes in powder form with no scoop, Antaeus designates we take 500mgs, I just went for of teaspoon twice a day. The nice touch here is that the powder has no taste or texture. You can mix it with any of your pow/amino/protein drinks or just take it off the spoon with some water.

This part is tricky, although I did experience weight loss while on BAIBA, it was during the combination of BAIBA and Lipomorph. When combined with Lipomorph, I felt the thermogenic effects were amplified. Lipomorph, as you may tell from my review of it, will make you hot!!! The combo of 2, is SweatCity 2.0. Unfortunately when I took BAIBA on its own, I only experienced lethargy, which is no bueno.

For $33 you can get a can that will last you a month, which isn't a bad value, I wouldn't recommend it however. Go with Antaeus' other stim free product Lipomorph, better value for your money.

Side Effects

Lethargy! I am not specifically sure why, but I would get really drowsy or tired for about half an hour after taking BAIBA. Even when combined with a pwo, I felt like I was not at my best and my pwo could have hit harder.

Conclusion

Overall BAIBA seems like a very innovative ingredient in the weight loss supplement market. However due to other competitors (which work better) and no concrete understanding of proper dosage.

6.1
  April 8, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fat Loss
    I was excited to see Antaeus Labs participation in the TROOPs program. I have used their products before and always felt that they produce a quality product backed by science. I was also excited to see BAIBA as part of the product offering after reading through HenryV's post on BAIBA (see ingredients section for link) so I picked some up. A big thanks to the Antaeus for participating and bringing a good selection of their products for the TROOPs to try.

Ingredients

Only one ingredient - BAIBA. See link below for further analysis

Dosing / Mix / Taste

This one got me a little. Directions state to take 500mg - 1 g daily. teaspoon provides 1 g. I followed the teaspoon (level) but after a month I still had over the container left so I bumped it up to a heaping teaspoon and what I had still lasted me about another 30 days. I also tried to weigh a serving out on my food scale but the powder proved to be too fine and after 5-6 heaping teaspoons on it the scale still did not register 1 g.

I asked the rep when the best time to take this would be but never got an answer back so on days I worked out I took it with my PWO. On off days, I would usually take the dose first thing in the morning.

This mixed easily in water in a shaker cup or in a cup stirring with a spoon or knife. It seemed to always dissolve with minimal mixing.
    No taste as far as I could tell. I would generally mix this with my PWO but on occasion I did not and just mixed it in water it did not affect the taste of the water.

Did it work? Hard to say for me. It has the science to back it up but it is one of those supplements that you could not feel it working as you might some other supplements. I do think it helped contribute to some overall fat loss that I had and have maintained over the 60 days I took this. I do not have my numbers in front of me but I think I was around 222 lbs when I started this and was at 219 lbs when I finished. I did take a one week break from weights in the middle of running this and did 20 - 30 minutes of cardio and the sauna only for that week. I dropped 4 lbs and inch off both my belly and waist measurement. Since that time, I have added 1 - 1.5 lbs and a inch on my belly and waist. I have maintained those weights and measurements for the last several weeks which I think BAIBA has helped with.

I checked all my usual shopping sites for this and the lowest I could find it was $32.99 for a 30 day supply. While I think this is a good value for a product that you know is working, I would have a hard time paying this based on the results I noticed. I think this may be better used in conjunction with another fat burner but that would drive your cost up as you are paying $32.99 for this and another $30 or so for another fat burner. I did notice Antaeus put this in their fat burner, Lipomorph, so that may be a better option than this alone.

I did go ahead and buy a second bottle based on the write up as it seemed promising and I wanted to give it a good run so my opinion on the value may change after I finish the second bottle but based on my run of a single container at this time I would not buy it again. I will post an update in the comments once I finish the second container.

Side Effects

None that I noticed.

Overall

I think Antaeus has a solid product scientifically but when put into actual use it is hard to tell if it achieves its purpose. It seemed to work better on my cardio week than on the other weeks I did weights only. It may also work better the longer you run it but that is still to be determined and I will provide an update once I have finished my second container. Then again it could just be me not responding. Looking forward to other TROOPers thoughts on this when the reviews are posted.

March 17, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fat Loss

I think this will be my first review on a single-ingredient supplement so I will try to keep it short but to the point. I have to start by saying that I really do appreciate the amount of research that Antaeus Labs performs and provides alongside all their products. I am not science guy so there is a lot I don't totally understand, but it says a lot about a company when they can precisely explain why they chose each ingredient and what research they used to fuel these thoughts. Big thanks to Antaeus Labs for letting some of us try out their products.

There is only one ingredient here, and that is BAIBA, also known as aminoisobutyric acid. I have read tons of research about what exactly this is and will attempt to sum up what I have learned. In a nutshell, BAIBA is an amino-acid that your body produces in response to exercise. It has a thermo effect, raising the temperature of the body, and helping to attack fat cells within the body. Tons of studies have been done on mice, and as far as i can tell, it seems as though a lot of the testing was geared toward non-exercising, or sedentary, subjects. This makes sense to me because who wouldn't want to come up with a supplement that exercises for you right? That's the kind of stuff that gets you rich in a country like this. Antaeus Labs did a good job explaining this and marketing it toward people who might be injured or incapacitated and unable to exercise at their normal level. Basically this stuff is supposed to trigger all the reactions in your body that happen when you exercise. Sounds too good to be true. Maybe it was maybe it wasn't.

This is extremely easy with BAIBA. It is a white, odorless and mostly tasteless powder that you can mix with whatever you want. I even mixed it with water once and didn't notice a taste. It calls for 500mg-1g per day, and I usually put it in my preworkout in the morning or just had it around lunch time with some water.

Effectiveness was tough for me to fully gauge with BAIBA mainly because it didn't make me feel "different" like many thermos and weight loss products too. I did not experience any type of thermo effect, in fact there was actually no physical evidence that I had even taken anything. I dosed it at roughly 600-800mg/day. There is no measuring device provided so I just used a 1/4 teaspoon which seems to have come out about right.

My diet was clean except for some cheating on the weekends, and I stuck to my usual 5 days a week lifting with a little bit of cardio mixed in when I had time. I did run Lipomorph alongside this, which also uses BAIBA, which I'm sure contributed to my results to some extent. Ultimately, by the end of the container, I had lost almost one whole belt size. One notch tighter if you will.

I trust Antaeus labs and all their research, and ultimately I think this product probably helped me out a lot on those days that I didn't hit the weights. From time to time my cheat meals get a little too aggressive (I'm working on it) but I still managed to shed some fat while using BAIBA. I believe this product to be best suited as something you run kind of in the background to all your main supps. For someone who exercises rigorously every day, especially cardio, and is probably already in the lower BF percentages, I don't see this being very beneficial. But for someone like myself who misses a day or two here and there, and is of the endomorph body type, this may help out a little. I would have liked to continue running it for another month and am very interested to see if anyone else on SR tries it and sees any results.

$32.99 is the cheapest I have seen it, and it can be had for that price straight from the Antaeus Labs website. Each container has 30g, so depending on how you dose it, you will have between 30 and 60 days worth. If I bought this again I would just dose at 500mg/day and make it last longer.

Side Effects

Nothing to speak of here.

Conclusion

Well I think I have made my point. I think this stuff is meeting product claims, just to a slightly lesser degree. This was a tough one for me to review and I hope you guys are able to take something away from it. Antaeus Labs does remarkable research on the products they choose to utilize, and are more than willing to back it all up in forums or anywhere else. In the end I can't give this product a full-on recommendation because although I think it did do something, I don't know if its enough to be worth it. I could see buying it and just running it every day at 500mg and getting 4 months out of two containers. I am also interested in hearing about other peoples' experiences. Thanks for reading guys and gals.