Ritual Reviews

By: ANS Performance

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Disclosure Of Proven Ingredients
  • Great Pumps
  • Ingredients In Proper Amounts
  • Focuses On Performance Aspect
  • Taste Is Too Sweet
After I rolled out my video review earlier this week, it was requested that I put out my written review as well. So I would like to send out a quick thanks to our friends at ANS Performance. Now, with that out of the way, let's get down to it!

Taste/Mixability - 8.5/10
I had the Icy Blue flavor and I must say that it wasn't the best tasting thing I've ever had. At the same tim, there are far worse products that you could be drinking. My main complaint is that it is overly sweet for my liking, but a little extra water takes care of that pretty well. The only other issue I had here was that this stuff gets a little foamy when you mix it up, but it's nothing that I can't handle.

Ingredient Profile - 9.5/10
This is the area that really shines for Ritual. I like that everything is fully disclosed in the ingredient profile and that they list everything out in full amounts. On top of that, the key ingredients including beta alanine, creatine, betaine, citrulline and agmatine. Better yet, when you do the full 2 scoop serving size, you'll be getting the optimal amount of each of these ingredients at the research recommended amount of each ingredient. Throw in some unique ingredients such as Dendrobium Nobile Extract, Hordenine HCl, Higenamine HCl and AstraGin, I would say this is one of the best and most unique ingredient profiles I've seen recently. One thing that I would like to know though is how much caffeine is included per scoop as well as the amount of AstraGin. With those two things aside, this is a very solid ingredient profile.

Effectiveness - 9.3/10
I got pretty good energy from Ritual and felt that it has a pretty well adjusted amount of stimulants in it, though I would have some concern for those with a very high stimulant tolerance as you're not going to be bouncing off of the walls with this. The endurance was quite good as well and I would hope so as there are the correct doses of beta alanine and creatine in here, and even betaine to aid in the recovery process. FInally, with a gram of agmatine per 2 scoop serving, the pumps and vascularity were quite good and make this product shine. I didn't have a crash following the workout, so this was another good area that they excelled.

Value - 9.0/10
In short, the ingredient profile shines and they have it loaded with high end stuff such as Creapure, AstraGin and Agmapure. For the price you pay, you'll be getting high quality ingredients, good energy and of course great energy and pumps. I'd say that for the price, you get a good bang for your buck.

Overall - 9.4/10
I really enjoyed this pre-workout and it has been the best I've tried since Enhanced. It's a nice change of pace and it is good to see a company focus on quality ingredients and the performance aspect of things instead of seeing how many different stimulants they can cram into a container. The flavor isn't the best, but you won't want to punch someone in the throat while you're drinking it either. So, ingredient profile, effectiveness and value weighing in, I would recommend giving this a try if you're in the hunt for a new pre-workout.

-AP

• Blade410

Petey style

• workoutguru
    June 30, 2013

I have been able to try samples of both flavors they have. I did notice that the icy blue was a little sweet also. The candy green apple smells just like a green jolly rancher but does not have a very strong taste to it at all. I think they could added a little more sweetness to it. The green apple was nothing outstanding but nothing horrible. I did notice this is not real heavy on the stims. I think they should up the stims in this a little and then it would make it a little better for me.

• June 30, 2013

@workoutguru just add youre own stims if need be. You can get caffeine yohimbine and synephrine pretty cheap and im sure you could get others as well just a thought. I personally like to take some ephedrine hcl with certain pres