Core Reviews

By: American Gainz Nutrition

Protein > Whey Protein
Core is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by American Gainz Nutrition. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.
7.1

5.5
  March 2, 2018

• Organic Ingredients
  • Good Recovery

Before I start I want to thank American Gainz Nutrition for giving me the opportunity to review CORE. Protein powder is a main staple of my supplement stack as it is for many other people. I'm always on the lookout for a new product like CORE to use. What intrigued me initially were the organic ingredients along with the overall profile. American Gainz Nutrition has geared this toward CrossFit athletes but anyone can use it. Being a military vet its great to see products 100% made in the USA - added bonus.

The ingredient profile is quite different compared to basic protein powders. It features ingredients such as Organic Coconut Sugar, Organic Cocoa Powder, Sea Salt to provide the taste. A serving size is 2 scoops at a whopping 47g total.

Basic Profile:
Calories: 180
Total Fat: 2.5g
Saturated Fat 1.5g
Carbohydrates: 15g
Total Sugars: 11g
Includes 9g Added Sugar
Protein: 25g from Concentrate

Overall the profile is very clean & lean considering there is only 180 calories per 47g serving. In addition to 25g protein from concentrate there is 5.3g BCAAs, 4.0g Glutamine Precursors. The carbohydrate amount may seem high to some at 15g however they are all from organic sources.

Taste - With the flavoring from organic cocoa powder & coconut sugar I wasn't expecting much to be honest. The taste wasn't the greatest but it didn't matter to me because of the ingredient profile/effectiveness. It had more of a natural cocoa taste.

Mixability - No issues at all..... No foaming, clumping or settlement.

Dosing - I had one serving mixed with 10-12 oz of water following training sessions. You can take CORE just about anytime to fill your macro goals.

In terms of effectiveness I like the idea of a clean & lean protein from organic ingredients. I'm big into knowing what exactly I'm putting into my body. At only 180 calories this can be used for those who are lean bulking, diet restrictions, endurance athletes.... you name it. I felt there was an increase with my recovery especially with my DOMs decreasing. I didn't experience any digestibility issues or bloating that can come when using milk protein. One thing I did like was the carbohydrate content since I take some source of carbs following training sessions. Usually pixie sticks is my go to but this was a cleaner/more natural source.

The only value I could find was on the American Gainz Nutrition website for $49.95 down from $79.99. Each bag contains 25 total servings so your looking at around $2.00 per serving. I get organic ingredients can cost more but I wouldn't want to pay $2.00 for 1 serving of whey protein concentrate. I wouldn't mind paying up if it came down to $1.50 per serving. I know thats even stretching it for some people but I'm all about ingredients/profile/effectiveness over taste/fillers.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion American Gainz Nutrition CORE is a great protein powder. The only negative for me is the price (guessing it has to do with the organic ingredients). However I don't mind paying up when a product uses high quality ingredients and its effective but $2 per serving is a bit much. If the price came down to around $1.50 then I could see myself using CORE as my go to protein powder of choice. Once again I want to thank American Gainz Nutrition for participating in the SR TROOP Program.
  • Chocolate : 5/10

6.7
  February 2, 2018

• A Lot Of Foaming When Mixed

Hey, their SR nation. Another protein review on a good product. This one is on American Gainz Nutrition that a give a thank you to for letting me trying "Core". This is with organic ingredients which help with a "lean and clean" protein powder.

25 servings per container
2 scoops equals one serving
Total Fat 2.5g
Carbs 15g (which are organic and is with low G.I.)
Sugars 11g
Protein 25g
Cholesterol 65g

This is 100% whey protein concentrate with organic products such as coconut sugar and cocoa powder (processed with Alkaid, organic flavors, sunflower lecithin and sea salt). The carbs and sugar are higher than most whey protein powders. The ingredients in this product are organic so the increase in carbs and sugar. These ingredients are not bad but everything does increase if using a milk-based liquid. I give this a good rating since it is organic with enough protein in a serving.

I was able to get this in chocolate flavor. The mixability affected the taste. The taste was a light chocolate but with no sweet or sweet like flavor to it (even though it did have sugar ingredients). 2 scoops get the 25 grams of protein in a shake. When mixing, the powder and liquid would get foamy which took longer to drink. When the shake finished, the foam would still be in the shaker. The taste was bad for me when mixed with water so I started to use milk and that helped improve the taste a little. I give this a middle-ranking because the taste was bad, the mixability created foam and 2 scoops for 25 grams of protein is extra powder. This is better than some of the vegan protein powders I have tried.

Here is where American Gainz came through and was a departure from the normal 100% whey protein. The product claims a lean and clean protein which it was with solid organic ingredients. This was what I was getting. The recovery was quick and helpful. Some protein powders will add body weight, but this did not happen to me. I was able to keep same weight with no loss in workouts and was able to increase lifting weights. The product claims to give you energy, which I did notice but it is nothing like a stimulant pre-workout. I just felt a clean increase in energy that you might feel from eating vegetables or fruit and carbs you might get from wheat bread that help keep you going through your day. I would say this was an effective protein.

I was able to find it on the American Gainz website and Amazon. The 25 serving container is $50 for a tube at both websites. This works out to $2 per serving. This is high for me. My average tube is around $1 per serving and this is with about 30 servings. This is high due to the ingredients being organic. I am giving this a low ranking because $2 per serving is double my normal protein powder.

Side Effects

No side effects noticed.

Conclusion

This is a good product with organic ingredients. I felt lean and clean while using American Gainz. The ingredients were good. The taste and mixablity where not that great. The effectiveness was nice. The value is low because it is expensive. I believe that American Gainz makes a good product but I think it is only for people with extra money and those that are really watching their diet.
  • Chocolate : 6/10

5.5
  January 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective
  • Higher In Sugarcarbs

What's up guys? Another protein review coming at you live. I'd like to give a big shoutout to the people at American Gainz Nutrition for putting their product up for review and for the shaker cup! As always, I'd also like to thank all the awesome people at SR for making this review possible.

25 servings per container (1 serving is 2 scoops)
180 Calories
Fat: 2.5g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Cholesterol: 65mg
Carbs: 15g
Sugar: 11g
Fiber: 1g
Protein: 25g

In terms of total calories, this protein is leaning towards the denser side with most proteins I've used being 150 calories or less. But, currently, I am lean bulking so minuscule calories don't matter too much to me right now. The bulk of the sugar and carbs come from organic coconut sugar and organic carbohydrates to flavor and sweeten the protein. They also add in organic cocoa for that chocolatey taste. Each serving contains 5.3g of BCAAs and 4.0g of Glutamine Precursors. I always love the addition of glutamine in any form. Any additional way to decrease DOMs is something that I'm always interested in. The ingredient profile is very 'organic' and fairly clean by the definition of the term, however, if you are cutting or really counting calories then this could potentially be a problem for you to fit it into your diet plan.

Taste: Chocolate or cocoa = Very solid/pleasant taste. No complaints here. They recommend filling up their shaker bottle with water to a certain line to maximize the texture they wanted to convey and I love that. It definitely made a difference instead of simply filling it up all the way to the top or halfway.

Mixibility: Give it a good shake for 15-25 seconds and it'll mix right up with no clumps everytime.

Dosage: 2 scoops per serving right after your workouts to optimize results. Very easy and efficient.

Personally, this 'heavier' (compared to other lower calorie protein) protein powder fits perfectly into my lean bulk. I liked it because of the natural carbs that I was also getting absorbed into my system immediately after my lifts. I feel like every 'clean' calorie that I can get during this diet plan will help me put on lean muscle mass while limiting my fat gain as much as possible. My strength did increase while using this product which suggests that my muscle mass also increased, however, I do lift using the progressive overload principle in all facets of the term so strength is bound to increase but I do credit this product with muscle rebuilding because I took every serving during the optimal time window immediately post workout.

I currently can not find this specific product anywhere except the manufactures website where it is going for $49.95. This comes out to about $2.00 per serving. This is definitely more than I want to pay for my protein powder. There's other similar products out there that offer more for less.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

I like this product, but not for the price. I found other products made by this company on Amazon, but not this specific one. Maybe once it's on Amazon the price per serving will be lowered.