Maxx Recovery Reviews

By: American Bodybuilding

Maxx Recovery is a Post-Workout Protein Supplement manufactured by American Bodybuilding. It is designed to feed the muscles with protein, carbs and amino acids immedaitely following a workout to assist in muscle recovery and growth.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Recovery
  • Can Be Pricey
I've used this on several occasions & am quite fond of MaXX Recovery. Its basically everything you need in a post workout shake/drink (minus creatine). Tastes great, drinks easy, & works even better. Only downside is price, but I think I'm just cheap.

Profile: A
MaXX Recovery is rather basic, but it has most if not everything you need: calories, carbs, protein, electrolytes. The carb source is maltodextrin if I'm not mistaken, & the protein a whey isolate.
400cal to a bottle, its alittle heavy in that aspect. However, it gets you 60g carbs & 35g protein. So its not wasted in the end. The electrolytes are something most overlook, so its a very nice plus.
Overall the profile is basic, yet adequate. Scores an easy "A"

Taste/Drinkablilty: A+
I really like the taste of both the grap & fruit punch flavours. Its not the best, but its up there.
MR is very easy to drink; very smooth, & just a bit thicker than water (not by much). Think difference between warm water & cold water if it makes sense.
You will want to drink some water afterwards, but IMO its hardly an issue.
Taste/Drinkability scores high with an "A+"

Effectiveness: A
I do notice better recovey with MR. I usually don't have much carbs post, & when I drink MR I notice the difference. I haven't pushed myself to where the electrolytes are really needed, but I will say muscle soreness subsides relatively quickly with this.
Improved recovery scores high, "A"

Price/Value: B-
Price kinda sux. I've paid no less than $4, & close to $5 on some occasions. I do buy these at the gym, so perhaps buying em bulk or from a GNC or something is different. At Gold's Gym, its around $4 & at 24HR its $4.49 (w/o tax).
That being said, value is not bad. Not good, but not bad. Considerring you don't hafta mix X amount of powders together, its a decent value.
Price drags it down, value is average. B-

Overall: A-
Price/value isn't there for me, even though I think it can be worth it. MR's effectiveness & profile drives this product for me, & the taste is a big plus.
Overall, its a good product. If your on the go, or tired of mixing powders together, MaXX recovery is a good choice.

• kevO
    December 10, 2011

Good review, I never saw this one before, seems pretty legit(besides the cost)
    I slammed an ABB SpeedStack the other day and was geeked outta my mind, strong stuff.

• deumcole
    December 10, 2011

ABB Speed Stacks are legit.
    Ripped Force is a simple favourite, carbs & caffeine lol.

• TheStanger
    December 10, 2011

I like all ABB RTDs. Carbo Force is my favorate when bulking and its dirt cheap.