X-SLIM PLUS® Powerful Thermogenic Blend Reviews

By: Alpha Pro Labs

X-SLIM PLUS® Powerful Thermogenic Blend is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by Alpha Pro Labs. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.
6.4

Overall
Overall
0.1
0.1
Thanks to Alpha Pro Labs for sending it out!
  August 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Bad Ingredients
  • Headaches

A thermogenic that has a lot of side effects and not be used.

I want to start by thanking the people in the SR family. It took a while to get me the product from Alpha Pro Labs, but they did come through. I've tried thermogenic in the past and success with them, so I wanted to try this product. Unfortunately for me it was something I had to stop due to headaches and later found out that the ingredients can cause many side effects. I will explain more about the headaches in the effectiveness section.

This has Thiamin 1.5 mg and it has 3 different types of blends. The energy and focus blend 365 mg which has caffeine, phenylethylamin HCI, tyrosine and theobromine. The next blend is thermogenic blend 40 mg which is green tea extract and raspberry ketones. The last is lipogenic blend 6.07 mg which is synephrine HCI, three types of yohimdine bark, and rauwolfia root. I have had caffeine, tyrosine, green tea, raspberry ketones, and rauwolfia in the past and had no issues. These ingredients do not seem as a problem. Caffeine is straight forward and is found in teas and coffee. Tyrosine is to help with brain function, increase focus, and helps performance, even during stress. Theobromine widens the blood vessel, a diuretic, and is a heart stimulant. Green Tea is similar to caffeine and will help increase energy. Raspberry Ketones have been around for a while and will break down the fats in cells for fat loss. Rauwolfia vomitoria can lower blood pressure.

The other ingredients have many side effects and is why I recommend avoiding. Synephrine HCI is linked to ephedrine and is a stimulant. Synephrine has many side effects which includes burning, stinging, pain, increased redness of the eye, tearing or blurred vision, headache, tremor, nausea, sweating, nervousness, dizziness, drowsiness, dryness in the nose, runny nose, and sneezing. Synephrine is banned in Canada. Yohimbe can cause dilation of peripheral blood vessels along with central nervous system stimulation. Therefore, the drug is being investigated for erectile dysfunction. Phenylethylamin HCI is a stimulant that affects the central nervous system which can increase energy and focus. Phenethylamine is similar to amphetamine and has side effects of rapid heart rate, anxiety, or agitation. Theobromine can to treat high blood pressure. Theobromine is tested in rats and with too much it has caused death (granted they are smaller than humans so this effect may not happen on humans). The side effects are nervousness, increased urination, sleeplessness, and a fast heartbeat. It can also cause allergic skin reactions, constipation, and might trigger migraine headaches.

I know when we take supplements, many contain side effects and when we take them, we are taking a chance to have some side effects. I have not taken a supplement that had this many side effects and due to the increase in headaches, I had to dig deeper into it and list the known side effects. I give this the lowest rating possible.

Taste the mixability don't apply here as this comes in capsule form. The directions state to take one capsule per day but do not exceed more than 2 in a 24-hour period. This tub came with a 60 serving supply which will last you for 1-2 months. Due to the ingredients, I also have to rate this the lowest possible.

As far as it goes with effectiveness, it claims it is an extreme fat burner, increased energy, and metabolism booster. I was able to get the burn that you get from other thermogenic which resulted in some sweating and increase energy. I believe this is a product that may produce those 3 claims. The problem I ran into with this is the headaches which caused me to stop taking. I was only able to take this for 2 weeks because of the headaches. I'm not here to say that everyone will get headaches and I'm not for sure which ingredients caused it. I am different and more sensitive to headaches but have not had this problem with thermogenic or with caffeine before. The big thing here is I suffered a brain hemorrhage in November 2014 and I've had it a lot of headaches since then. Sometimes it happens really bad but it I do have them every day but it's not something that I don't tolerate. I had to take a lot of pain medicine for a while with this, so I knew it was the point where I needed to stop. The reason continued taking X-Slim Plus was I thought maybe my body would be accumulating to it and getting better but that was something that never happen. Once I reviewed the ingredients and saw the side effects, I was very grateful I stopped. Especially when I saw that it can cause seizures and since the brain hemorrhage, I have had to take medication to not have any more seizure and thankfully I have not had one in almost two years. I have had weight loss with thermogenic supplements before and did not have these problems. I have had tyrosine, rauwolfia, caffeine, and green tea before and did not have headaches, so I can only say it was another ingredient. I did lose 2 pounds in two weeks so at least I did get that benefits. Again, due to the side effects, I have to give this another lowest rating possible.

The only place I was able to find this was at bolt health supplements. It sells for $88 for a 60-day supply. This works out to a $1.50 per day or serving. The value on this continues to be low.

Side Effects

I would get headaches shortly after taking X-Slim and it would last for hours.

Conclusion

When you're not able to finish a product it's really hard to give it a rating overall. Remember that my rating is only after 2 weeks of trying the X slim plus. I know I am betting a dead horse on this, but I would not recommend this to anyone.

• dmf8625
    August 25, 2018

While I understand you had a horrible experience on this product, personally I don't think your ratings follow the spirit of the guidelines laid out on the site. IMO, 0.1 ratings would basically mean this product put you in the hospital after one serving and you would file a lawsuit against the company if you had paid for the product.

As a reference, even the horrible experience that @workoutguru had on Re1gn still had ratings of 2, 2 and 3.

• Zsteinf
    August 25, 2018 - Last Edited: 2018-08-25 10:13:54

@dmf8625 I understand what you are saying. I know that I did not go to the hospital but if I had a seizure, I would have gone to the hospital and would have filed a lawsuit. I truly believe if I had continued taking it for 60 days I would be going to the ER. Workoutguru had a horrible experience and I definitely hate what he went through because it was worse than the normal side effects. Since the side effects are not dealing with an upset stomach, it changed my outlook. I know my experiences and how my body reacts are different from others but when doing a review, we must do it from that side. Maybe the 0.1 is too low, but at this point, I'm going to leave it. You are a wonderful reviewer and I highly value your input. You are a fantastic part of the SR family and i always enjoy reading your reviews. Please don't let this change the way you are because we need people like you to help us get better. Thank you.

• dmf8625
    August 25, 2018

Understood.

Here's hoping another TROOPer doesn't have an experience like this with any other product from the vault.