SUPERHUMAN Pre Workout Reviews

By: Alpha Lion

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Alpha Lion for sending it out!
  December 17, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Disclosed Label
  • Cool Label
  • High % Of Active Ingredients
  • Increased Pump
  • Better Endurance
  • Strong Energy
  • Premium Ingredients
  • Contains Artificial Colors
  • May Be Expensive To Some
  • Some Trademarked Ingredients Not Used

From the brand:

Want to get accused of being a fake natty with your juicy pump?
SUPERHUMAN was developed for gym enthusiasts looking for a COMPLETE pre workout formula that is MAX DOSED and OVER DELIVERS and leaves you being accused of being a fake natty.

1 Scoop of SUPERHUMAN guarantees the most ANABOLIC workout experience of your life.
100% Original Formula. Non Proprietary Blend, Max Dosed Premium Ingredients, NOTHING on the market like it.
Best of all, this formula is so complete we added an "Anti-Crash Matrix" No more crashing after taking your pre workout.
Most formulas have a really strong pump formula but are pretty weak when it comes to energy or muscular performance or Vice Versa.
SUPERHUMAN pre workout has 4 equally strong components - and each matrix is maximum dosed.
SUPERHUMAN Energy
SUPERHUMAN Pump
SUPERHUMAN Strength
SUPERHUMAN Focus

Throw in the anti crash and absorption and you have the best pre workout on the planet and we GUARANTEE that.
Sure we could have simply had a pre workout that contains 5 or 6 fully dosed ingredients like many of the big guys do and saved our money to market all over the world.

But we so confident we created the best all round PRE WORKOUT on the planet that we know you will tell your friends and other guys at the gym about it

Don't take my word for it. Try it for yourself and if you are not happy for any reason we offer a 60 day money back guarantee.

Hello all. Full intro about myself can be found here in the forum: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

First, my thanks go out to Alpha Lion for sending me a tub of their SUPERHUMAN pre-workout to try and review. I remember when the first batch of this product was available to us TROOPers and at first glance, this seemed like a fully loaded, well dosed pre-workout. At that time, I did not need any pre-workout so I left it for others to claim hoping another opportunity would become available in the future. Thankfully that is exactly what happened here and I picked up this tub to give the product a run. I also have not used a 2-amino containing pre-workout in quite a while, so I was interested in seeing how that may change my current workout intensity and duration. Let's dive in...

As I mentioned in the intro, the first time I checked this product out on SR.com, I thought to myself "Damn, this thing looks to be loaded!" Having never heard of Alpha Lion or this pre-workout before, I knew it was something I wanted to give a shot at some point. A few things caught my eye on the supplement facts panel. The first was the inclusion of 2-aminoisoheptane (also known as DMHA) stacked with a hefty dose of caffeine (350mg). I knew if all went well, this combo would provide some serious and long lasting energy for my training sessions and likely beyond as well.

Next I liked what was included in the pump matrix with a nice dose of Citrulline Malate (7g) but unfortunately the ratio is not listed. Some may assume it is the typical 2:1 that is seen in many other similar products but it would have been nice if the brand detailed that out for us. Beyond that ingredient, we have the inclusion of two relatively new and up-and-coming trademarked pump ingredients. That is the VASO6 (150mg) and Nitrosigine (750mg). VASO6 is produced by our friends over at Compound Solutions who are well known for many other trademarked ingredients such as TeaCrine, Dynamine and Peak O2. The product page for this ingredient can be found at https://www.compoundsolutions.com/vaso6.html Nitrosigine is a Nutrition 21 trademarked ingredient and more can be found about this ingredient at https://nitrosigine.com/about/

The remaining ingredients on the label are pretty standard in my opinion and great to have in order to put this supplement into the category of being a complete pre-workout at one scoop. Unless you are 400 pounds of shredded human being, I could not see any reason why more than one scoop of this product would need to be taken for a training session. What I did find a little odd is Alpha Lion did not use the CarnoSyn version of Beta Alanine. With multiple other trademarked ingredients used in the formula, using the most well-known version of Beta Alanine seems like it would be a great fit for this product. Beyond that, we do have a little higher dose than most pre-workouts at 3.5g, compared to the pretty common 3.2g dose. The Betaine Anhydrous is another ingredient where a trademarked version is available (BetaPower) but was not used in this product. While it would have been nice to have, I understand that certain compromises need to be made in order to keep the cost under control. Below is a list of all the ingredients included in this supplement.

Superhuman Energy Matrix:

Caffeine (from Anhydrous and citrate): 350mg >> The compulsory ingredient in pre-workouts, Caffeine in SUPERHUMAN is dosed at an optimal level of 350mg including sources from both Caffeine Anhydrous and Caffeine Citrate (faster acting).

2-aminoisoheptane: 100mg >> The most cutting edge stimulant of the post-DMAA era, DMHA has made its way into the most popular pre workouts of the day. It's benefits include intense energy and tunnel vision focus.

N-Methyl Tyramine HCl: 75mg >> NMT is a human trace amine. Basically, it's a neuromodulator substance found in plants that tends to be similar to our neurotransmitters substances. Used almost exclusively in pre workout and fat burning supplements, NMT is comparable to octopamine, hordenine, and synephrine.

Superhuman Pump Matrix:

L-Citrulline Malate: 7g >> You can obtain citrulline from food or your body can manufacture it from ornithine, another amino acid you obtain from food, through a biochemical process called the urea cycle. This cycle helps rid your body of ammonia, a waste product of protein digestion. After your digestive system metabolizes citrulline malate into citrulline, enzymes in your liver cells convert it into another amino acid called arginine, and other enzymes then convert arginine into nitric oxide in a process that also produces new citrulline molecules. Nitric oxide is a vasodilator that can help protect you from cardiovascular problems by lowering blood pressure and improving blood flow to your organs, according to experts at the University of Southern California. Although your body can make citrulline in this way, research suggests that consuming extra citrulline may have significant health benefits. (https://www.livestrong.com/article/545080-what-is-l-citrulline-malate/)

Green Tea Extract (leaf) (asVASO6): 150mg >> The most hyped pump ingredient of 2017, debuting with Olympus Labs RE1GN, VASO6 is a nitric oxide booster that is optimally paired with Citrulline. This potent combo has headlined many of the industry leading pre workouts in recent memory.

L-Taurine: 1g >> Found in vast quantities in the brain, heart, and skeletal muscles, taurine is a semi conditional that provides multiple benefits to the hard-training athlete. First and foremost, taurine functions as a cell volumizer, encouraging your muscles to absorb extra water, which leads to improved hydration, stamina, and muscle fullness. Since taurine is also present in the brain, it can enhance focus and reduce brain fatigue, helping you stay in the zone no matter how long you're in the gym. For a little more information, check out this article: https://www.tigerfitness.com/articles/post/taurine-pre-workout-supplement

Nitrosigine (Inositol Arginine Silicate): 750mg >> Also known as Arginine Silicate, Nitrosigine has been shown to be much more effective than Arginine at much lower dosages. Arginine is responsible for the muscle pump effect that you feel when working out, and Nitrosigine has been shown to have a very positive effect at improving muscle pump and blood flow.

L-Norvaline: 60mg >> L-Norvaline supports the body's arginine concentrations. The ultimate purpose for norvaline is to assist in the regulation of both nitric oxide (NO) and blood flow. NO is a natural molecule that increases vasodilation. What does this mean for you as the lifter? This means your blood vessels will dilate and your blood pressure will reduce. This process is known as vasodilation. With norvaline, vasodilation will be greater which translates into bigger pumps that will last long after your workout is over. This greater amount of nutrient rich blood flowing to the muscles for longer periods can also positively affect your recovery which means you'll see better results in the long-term.
Norvaline extends nitric oxide boosting effects by stunting arginase activity. Arginase is an enzyme that removes arginine and converts it into urea. Arginase can also restrict or regulate the production of nitric oxide. Norvaline stunting arginase means it helps promote unrestricted nitric oxide levels. According to a study from the Department of Medical Physiology and Microcirculation at Texas A&M University, norvaline increases NO production by 55%! (https://primevallabs.com/l-norvaline-explained/)

Superhuman Strength Matrix:

Beta Alanine: 3.5g >> Responsible for inducing hyperemia (also known as the "beta tingles," Beta Alanine has been shown to improve strength and endurance with continuous use. SUPERHUMAN has included a massive 3.5g dose which is nearly double the dose that is normally seen in pre workout supplements.

Betaine Anhydrous: 2g >> Betaine anhydrous (sometimes also referred to as trimethylglycine or "TMG") is a compound derived from the amino acid choline and is naturally occurring in plant species (especially sugar beets). In recent years, Betaine anhydrous has garnered a healthy amount of praise in sports supplementation, specifically as a pre-workout augmenter and potent performance enhancer.

Betaine anhydrous appears to have a multitude of benefits for athletes and gym-goers alike.

It has been gaining reputation as a pre-workout performance enhancer (for power and energy boosts) and also as a possible adjunct for fat-loss regimens. The primary reasons to supplement with betaine anhydrous include:
Increased power output
Increased capacity to perform anaerobic work
Increased energy levels
Promotes cellular hydration (similar to creatine)
May reduce LDL cholesterol/blood lipids
May help reduce body-fat tissue (needs more conclusive research)
(https://www.jackedfactory.com/betaine-anhydrous/)

Anti-Crash Matrix:

L-Theanine: 350mg >> L-theanine is an amino acid found most commonly in tea leaves and in small amounts in Bay Bolete mushrooms. It can be found in both green and black tea. It's also available in pill or tablet form at many drugstores. Research indicates that L-theanine promotes relaxation without drowsiness. Many people take L-theanine to help ease stress and unwind.

Superhuman Absorption Matrix:

Black Pepper Extract (95% Piperine): 10mg >> More information on this trademarked ingredient can be found at https://www.bioperine.com/

Taste >> I received the Kandy Kryptonite flavor, which is modeled after cotton candy. While it wasn't the best cotton candy flavored supplement I have ever had, it was still delicious and a joy to drink before each session. Very sweet with no bad aftertaste or anything to complain about; which is very impressive considering they only use about 13% non-active ingredients per scoop.

Mixability >> No big issues here. It is a decent sized scoop at almost 18 grams per serving with a lot of active ingredients, so I did not expect perfect mixing. Having said that, there were never any clumps or large amounts of sediment left over on the final sip.

Dosing >> Per the brand: "WARNING: Don't be the FOOL Who Over-Doses on Pre-Workout! You NEVER need to take more than one scoop! Mix SUPERHUMAN with 12-16 ounces of water and drink 15-30 minutes before lifting things up and putting them down repeatedly." They also recommend starting with a half scoop then working your way up to a full scoop.

** As a side note, I measured one level scoop on my generic food scale at home and it usually came in at between 14 and 15 grams while a full serving is 17.65 grams. While this is not an issue for me (especially with the amount of stimulants included in each scoop), I just wanted to make others aware in case they don't feel the full effects from using just a level scoop.**

First a little background about the type of training I did while using this supplement. I typically lift weights between three and four days a week. For the first three training sessions of the week, I am doing full body workouts including some heavy movements for different body parts each day. For example, the first session would have a heavy movement focused on my back (deadlifts or rows), the second day would have the heavy movement focused on my chest and shoulders (bench press and/or overhead press) and the third full body session would have the heavy movement focused on my legs (squats or leg press). After the heavy movements were done, the other body parts would be worked in the hypertrophy range. These workouts normally last about 90 minutes and I would sometimes do TABATA cardio afterwards. If I went in on a fourth day, that would just be a "free" day to add some more volume to any body part(s) that were feeling good or that I wanted to improve but nothing heavy.

Initially I started out with 3/4 of a scoop (13 to 14 grams) for the first couple of workouts just to be on the safe side. Since this was my first time in a while using a DMHA containing pre-workout, I wasn't sure how my body would react. Even at the reduce dosage, SUPERHUMAN still provided me with enough active ingredients to have solid workouts. The first thing that hit me was the energy and increased focus, which came on about 20 minutes after finishing. These were smooth and long lasting with no huge spike in heart rate or any negative feelings. As the workout got going, everything else started kicking in and my body was feeling great. The strength and power aspect was always there during my heavy movements along with what felt like improved recovery between sets. As the weight increased during these heavy sets, I felt like my mind and body was prepared for the next set well before the designated rest time. This allowed me to increase the intensity of my workouts without sacrificing weight or injuring myself. As I transitioned into the other body parts and hypertrophy training, that is where the pump matrix ingredients started to make themselves known. Even at the reduced dosage, my vascularity improved and the feeling of muscle fullness was present for each body part trained and it stayed with me until the end of the workout (which was usually biceps and triceps). Even after the lifting portion was completed, I often still had the energy and focus to do some TABATA cardio, which is not normal with some of the less comprehensive pre-workouts that I have used.

After the first week of workouts went well with no side effects or crash from the 3/4 scoop, I increased the dosage to the full scoop to see how things would go. As one might expect, most of the positive aspects I described while using the 3/4 scoop were amplified while still not having any side effects. The energy and focus would come on at the same time and pace but would last a little longer with the full scoop. This was nice when I had something else that needed to be done after the workout as my energy levels were still elevated without needing to consume anything more. The strength, power and endurance aspects were pretty much the same when compared to the lower dosage; maybe a slight increase here and there but nothing astounding by comparison. However, the pump and muscle fullness aspects had a notable increase when I moved to the full scoop. The vascularity in my arms and shoulders showed up much sooner than before and the muscle fullness was present after the first working set most of the time. A big surprise was the amount of muscle fullness I could still achieve in my arms at the end of the workout and how it would stick around afterwards while using the full dosage.

In the end, I think most people would have great results using the 3/4 scoop dosage, which happens to be just under a level scoop based on my measurements. For reference, I am 6'3" and weigh around 220 pounds (100kg) and the lower dosage worked well for me during my somewhat long workouts. If you have less body mass than I do and/or your workouts are more body part focused and last less time than 90 minutes, a 3/4 scoop will likely provide you with a great workout and help the tub last longer (which helps with the value and cost per serving).

SUPERHUMAN is available on the Alpha Lion website for $43.00 per tub, which includes 21 servings. You can save 10% if you sign up for their subscription service, which includes a delivery every 28 days. They also have a 60 day money back guarantee. They also have an interest-free installment plan where you can pay for a tub over a four month period.

This product has also recently made it to the Suppz.com website and currently has a list price of $39.99 with all three flavors available. Suppz provides free shipping on orders over $79 as well and they often have some type of discount code floating around the internet to save you some extra cash.

Depending on how many workouts and the dosage you use for each, a tub can last you between three weeks (6 days a week at full dosage) or more than two months (3 days a week at 3/4 dosage).

Side Effects

I personally did not experience any negative side effects throughout my use of the tub. With so many active ingredients, be sure to take a look at the label before buying just to make sure nothing is in here that you know you do not react well to. Since this supplement does contain a pretty potent energy matrix with a decent dose of caffeine and the DMHA, I would not consume this too late in the day or you might have some issues with sleep.

The flavor I had also contained some artificial colors (Yellow 5 and Blue 1), so be aware of those if you are allergic to them or just trying to avoid these ingredients.

Conclusion

In conclusion, this was my first time using a product from the Alpha Lion brand and it was a home run for me. SUPERHUMAN has a great supplement facts profile with nice doses of the ingredients many gym junkies look for, including some trademarked ingredients so we know the quality is there. They could have used some more trademarked versions of certain ingredients but that is just nit-picking for many. The flavor I had was great and a joy to drink each time. The effectiveness was there at both of the dosages that I tried with no side effects at either. The standard retail cost might be a little steep to some but this is truly a one scoop pre-workout and many might be able to succeed at only 3/4 of a scoop per workout. The only recommendation that I have is to remove the artificial colors from the formula. There is no need for these in this product, they provide no benefit to athletic performance and they add limits to your potential market of buyers.

Once again, thank you and welcome to the SR.com community Alpha Lion. You created a great performing and cool looking pre-workout with SUPERHUMAN and I look forward to trying some other products from your brand.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions.
  • Kandy Kryptonite: 9/10

• MarsheS
    December 18, 2018 - Last Edited: 2018-12-18 23:34:50

Oh noes! It's a long review, the new admin might not like it! xD lol. That formula looks great.

• dmf8625
    December 19, 2018

LOL

And Google thinks I'm the devil!!