Alpha Shredder Reviews

By: Alpha Lion

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Alpha Lion for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Drop Water Weight
  • Appetite Suppressant
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Expensive If You Use Two Doses Per Day
  • Temporary Heartburn

I took this product every morning, and sometimes after lunch during that mid-afternoon slump. I lost a total of 8 lbs during my run of this, most of which was water weight, but I feel like there was some fat loss as well. Overall, I enjoyed this product as it gave me a good amount of energy throughout the day, and the scale did move in the right direction. The only downside was heartburn shortly after dosing, but it usually went away after an hour or so.

I'm 36 years old, and have been working out off and on since I graduated high school. I am currently back in the gym after a 2-1/2 year break, and am focusing on getting stronger while improving my body composition. I have used various stimulant based fat burners in the past with mixed results, so I was curious how this product would work for me.

The ingredients for this are broken down into 3 matrices.

All Day Energy Matrix:

X-Factor Matrix:
Dandelion Root - 200mg
Matcha Green Tea - 200mg
MCT Oil - 200mg

Serving size is 3 capsules, and for maximum results you are supposed to take 2 servings per day. I tried taking twice a day on a few occasions, but with 300mg of caffeine per serving combined with yohimbine and advantra z, it was almost too much for me. I stuck with one serving in the morning most days, after breakfast which was always a protein shake and banana. They are capsules, so taste was not a factor. I also did not notice any bad tasting burps afterwards.

My diet was not the greatest while I was taking this, but I still managed to lose 8 lbs over the 4 weeks I took this. Most of the weight I lost was during the first 10 days or so due to the diuretic effect, but I have noticed that I'm reading an average of 1% lower bodyfat on the electrical impedance device we have at work. The energy and diuretic effects were the most prominent effects I noticed with this, but I also sweated a lot more than normal for several hours after dosing. All in all, this product did everything I would expect or hope from a fat burner. It gave me plenty of energy, got rid of excess water weight, and had a noticeable thermogenic effect that let me know it was working. The one thing I did not notice was appetite suppression, however, as I still got hungry at my normal meal/snack times. I was also thirstier than normal. I usually drink roughly a gallon of water per day, but I was up to 1-1/2 gallons with this, especially on days when I took the afternoon dose. I figured this was due to the diuretic effect from the dandelion root.

Overall, I was impressed by this product, especially considering that I did not track my macros or make any special effort to gear my diet towards fat loss while taking this. I would be interested to see how effective this could truly be if implemented with a more optimal diet, but my work schedule made it somewhat impractical this time around.

The only place I've seen this is on Alpha Lion's website, and the price is currently $37 for a 30-serving container (90 pills), which is a good value if you can stretch it out for a month. However, if you take the recommended 2 doses per day for maximum results, the value quickly plummets. For the cost-conscious supplement consumer, I would recommend starting out with 1 dose per day for the first week to see how you respond before adding the second dose. If you find you get sufficient results with one dose, you will get a lot more bang for your buck. A BOGO deal would be an ideal situation here.

Side Effects

As I mentioned in the quick summary, I experienced heartburn after taking this. Sometimes were worse than others, but it happened every single time. I'm assuming it was due to the cayenne pepper, but I'm not 100% sure. It always went away on its on after an hour or so, though, and sooner if I had heartburn medicine handy.

Conclusion

Overall, this did everything I feel like a fat burner is supposed to do, and I feel like it lives up to its label claims for the most part. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good fat burner. The price is on the high side, but you can manipulate your dosages to extract the most value from it if necessary. At the end of the day, I feel like you get what you pay for here. Thanks to Alpha Lion for giving me a chance to try this!

• Wis3guy
    October 18, 2018

Nice write up. I will look into this for a future run.

• dmf8625
    October 18, 2018

No additional thoughts on the ingredient profile? Is everything dosed properly in your opinion? Are there any unnecessary ingredients included?