Alpha Dreams Reviews

By: Alpha Lion

Overall
Overall
6.4
Thanks to Alpha Lion for sending it out!
  October 23, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Feeling Refreshed
  • Puts You To Sleep
  • No Deep Sleep
  • Did Not Meet Label Claim

A fully disclosed sleep aid, that contains a lot of ingredients. Great for getting me to sleep and feeling refreshed and ready in the mornings, but never did enough to keep me asleep at night. I woke up in the middle of the night every time I took this, so that is where this product fell short for me.

39 years old and I lift 5 days a week. I suffer from severe Sleep Apnea, so I always like to have a sleep aid on hand to make sleeping with my CPAP mask that much easier. I have never tried a product from Alpha Lion, so I figured I should give it a shot. Plus I saw some real positive reviews of this in the past, so was glad to see it as a TROOPer opportunity. Big thank you to SR and Alpha Lion for allowing me the opportunity to try out and review this product. Let us see if these dreams were truly Alpha.

Fully disclosed ingredient profile, which I really appreciate in a sleep aid. In this day and age if your product is not fully disclosed, you are falling behind from the competition. Don't get me wrong, I understand the business side of having a prop blend, but I just do not care for them. You start off by getting 80mg Sodium, 100mg Vitamin C, 12mg B6, 40mg Magnesium (TRAACS), 27mg Zinc, and 15mg Potassium.

Amino Growth Matrix: This gets you 2500mg Leucine, 2,000mg Lysine HCI, and 2,000mg Glutamine. Leucine is the "main" BCAA to aid in recovery and is dosed well as a stand alone. Lysine is an EAA but does not hold much promise outside of reducing symptoms of herpes simplex. 2g is a good dose though. Glutamine is another EAA and really only benefits the body during prolonged endurance exercise, but for increasing muscle mass the dosage is unknown. All these ingredients (though most unproven) are there to aid in recovery and are dosed well here.

Brains Gain Matrix: This includes 500mg Tyrosine, 350mg GABA, 200mg 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), and 175mg Mucuna Pruriens 40% L-Dopa. Tyrosine is an AA used to produce noradrenaline and dopamine and appears to be anti-stress for acute stressors as well as preserve stress-induced memory deficits. 500mg-2g is typical dosage so we are good here. GABA is used for stress relief, while the dosage here may be fine, its lower than I am used to seeing in sleep aid products. 5-HTP is the precursor to seratonin, a neurotransmitter that makes you happy. 300-500mg is typical dosage, so good to go here. Finally, my favorite ingredient is Mucuna Pruriens. This is your source of L-Dopa and as a test booster and the dosage here is also smaller than I am used to seeing.

ZMA Recovery Matrix: This has 400mg TRAACS Magnesium Biglycinate Chelate, 150mg Zinc Methionine, and 14.5mg Pyridoxine HCI. ZMA blends have been around for a long time and is well known to aid in sleep and development of test while you sleep. Normally you get around 1g of this blend, but with everything else in here this dosage is fine as is.

Anti-Stress Matrix: 150mg Ashwaganda Powder, 100mg Absorbic Acid, and 100mg Theanine. All the ingerdients here are used for anti-stress,anti-cortisol, and to help with mood. Ashwaganda is especially popular to aid in mens tesosterone helath as well. These are all dosed fairly low unfortunately.

Electro Fuel Matrix: This has 200mg Sodium Chloride and 40mg Potassium Chloride. Basically some Electrolytes to aid in hydration while you sleep which is a nice addition without being overkill to make you hit the bathroom afterwards.

Tranquility Matrix: This contains 75mg Chamomile Flower and 4mg Melatonin. Chamomile flower is a botanical or herbal remedy to aid in getting you rest, and we all know Melatonin gets you to sleep. Typically Melatonin gives me a sleep hangover at even low doses, but for some reason I never felt that here which was great.

So a big variety of ingredients in here for a sleep aid. Most of it is dosed well, with the exception of the Anti-Stress Matrix. Its at least a unique blend, so lets move to discuss how it all worked.

Taste: I received the Tropical Terminator flavor and found it to be quite delicious. A lot of people tend not to care for the flavors of Alpha Dreams (via past reviews), but I thought it tasted just like a Pina Colada and really enjoyed it. Not to sweet, just right for a nightcap.

Mixability: No real issues mixing this in a shaker for me. No weird residue left over or anything like that.

Dosing: Simple, I took one scoop prior to going to bed. Usually this kicked in around 30 minutes later, so i took this then headed to bed.

So this was a tough one for me to gauge, because this had some ups and downs for me. Lets break this down for what I look for in a sleep aid and discuss the label claim.

Going to Sleep: This did put me to sleep within a half hour of taking it. I would find my body relaxing and it would gently put me to sleep, rather than a complete knockout. So once I was ready to close my eyes, sleep happened, which was nice because I tend to just lay there at times and have trouble initially falling asleep. So this worked great here. (8.5/10)

Hitting that REM Sleep: This is where the product fell flat for me, and the only real issue I had. For some reason I would barely get 6 hours of sleep a night while on this, and would always wake up in the middle of the night, whether it was to let the dog out, hit the bathroom, or I just flat out woke up. At no point in time while taking this did I get a restful sleep throughout the night. This is one of the biggest reasons I take a sleep aid, is to get uninterrupted sleep, but this just did not do it for me. This was one of the weakest in all the sleep aids I have taken in this department. (4/10)

Waking Up: Again, what Alpha Dreams does right it does really well. I woke up refreshed, ready, and motivated to hit my early morning workout. This is only the second sleep aid this has ever happened for me, so I thought it was great. It may seem counterproductive because I would only be getting 6 hours of sleep at night. So this is where I had a hard time rating this product, but I would definitely get pretty tired by early afternoon due to low quality sleep. But this was a great feeling. (9/10)

Label Claims: This product touts itself as an aggressive night time aesthetics builder. I honestly did not notice a real difference here, but maybe those that are cutting (which i am not) would see a difference. (4/10)

So overall, this got me to sleep and helped me feel refreshed and ready for my day. Unfortunately, I never got more than 6 hours of sleep ever on this product, and the sleep I did get felt low quality as if i never truly hit that Deep REM Cycle. Summing all these together, I can only give this a 6.4 overall as the REM sleep is most important for overall health in my day. I wish it worked better.

The only place I could find this for sale is from Alpha Lion themselves for $57 for 30 servings. That comes out to $1.90 a serving. So yes there are a lot of quality ingredients in here, but for that price I would expect much more from this product. This simply did not work for me in all aspects, so I do not see much value at all at this price.

Side Effects

I never slept fully through the night uninterrupted while taking this as I have with other sleep aids in the past.

Conclusion

At the end of the day this product worked very well in getting me to sleep and feeling awake and refreshed. This never put me in true deep sleep, and I always woke up during the night while taking this. I may be the outlier here on this product, as it seems to work for others that have reviewed this product, but this simply fell short for me. Very expensive for not getting all that I look for in a sleep aid. I appreciate Alpha Lion letting me try this out, this is my no frills true assessment of the product. Their supplement line looks interesting and seems to do well, so I look forward to trying other products from them in the future. Thanks again.
  • Tropical terminator: 10/10