Ranks #9 (better than 65%)
In: Amino Acids > Recovery

Alpha Dreams is a Recovery Product manufactured by Alpha Lion. It is an amino acid based product that is designed to assist in workout recovery.

Amino Acids > Recovery

October 12, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Sleep
  • Feeling Refreshed
  • Increase Recovery
  • Reductions Of DOMS
  • Vivid Dreams
  • Little Pricey

Intro + Supp Facts

I am always willing and wanting to try sleepaids, because I work 3-4 12 hour shifts a week which can be tiring and difficult to fall asleep at times. I picked this up on the TROOPS for a good reason, NO PENUBIT!!! That's right folks, the addictive habit forming Penubit isn't in here so I was very eager to see how effective it would be. The biggest concern for me was all the amino's which could be utilized as energy, and not something I would want before bed.. Starting off on the label we have a few vitamins, ZMA's and electrolytes which are all good and unique as you won't typically get these bonus ingredients on a sleepaid. Leucine is here at 2.5g, which is the 2 part of a 2:1:1 ratio yet the iso leucine and valine isn't included oddly but isn't an issue. We have Lysine at 2g which is a great dosage, and will be a great added EAA that will aid in muscle building and not just recovery. The whole Brains Gains & Anti-Stress Matrix is all well formulated to help you relax and reduce anxiety. Lastly Chamomile Flower (75mg) and Melatonin (4mg) which is just right to help you fall asleep faster. I am happy with the profile and feel it is the best formulation without the use of Penubit, which is important to me as I have had the dreaded withdraws from it in the past.

Taste + Mix + Dose

One of the more nasty tasting supplements, not something I looked forward to drinking and in fact I would add water flavoring like MIO just for the taste.. Mixability was good enough, yet was a bit grainy with sediment. Dosing was typically about 1 serving, or a little bit less, and then sometimes a little bit more!

Effectiveness 8.4/10

Not much has changed for me in my sleeping routine, other than working 4 days instead of 3 now.. "Working 12 hour shifts at a hospital can really wear you out along with your body, as time to time you will be 7-8 hours into a shift when you realize that you have yet to go to the restroom because you have been that busy! I know all my fellow nursing/medical workers can tell you all about that, and thus your body is put into a little more stress especially when you are on your feet all day. So nonetheless I have come home very worn out, but not always have I been able to fall asleep. There are many distractions that cause some of this, which can be using my phone or watching T.V. before bed. I have been working at developing better bed time habits in which I get rid of those devices or limit the use. I normally will take a 5mg Melatonin Sublingual Tab before bed, and in 20-30 minutes I start to get sleepy. I can fight this feeling and stay on my phone watching something, but eventually it can wear off if not asleep soon enough. When I review a sleep aid I will discontinue the use of the Melatonin and take the sleep aid 30 minutes before bed." I want to mention that sleep is severely important for our overall health, due to the fact this is the time when our bodies do not have to work as hard and recovers most readily. Being that we typically do not get a full amount of sleep, it is helpful to make the sleep the most effective in the short amount of time in order to get the greatest benefit from it.

With the first time taking this I started out with about the 1/2 serving amount, just incase I would wake up groggy. I found myself starting to become a bit more sleepy within 30 minutes while using it, but not really knocking me out. I went up in the serving size to see if this would help me fall to sleep sooner, but it didn't seem to hit any harder on that note. I found myself not waking up in the middle of the night, and that I was more of a sound sleeper. I also felt more refreshed in the mornings, with more clarity but occasionally I would wake up groggy. I found that if I took this more than every couple nights (ie each night or two nights in a row), I would be a bit more groggy. I tried to only use this when I really needed to, and it helped most in those cases. Lastly I felt a bit more recovered most of the time, a bit less DOMS were noticed.

Value 7.4/10

This is one of the better formulated sleepaids with lots to offer, however the price is $60 per 30 servings costing $2 per serving which is expensive to me.. Now if you are able to see the effects with less than 1 serving it becomes better on the value, yet I would hope the cost would go down as it is carried in more stores.

Conclusion 7.9/10

This was a good experience and product to review, which I fell is something I can recommend if cost + taste isn't a bit issue for you. I would love those two areas improve, otherwise I think it is perfect of a formulation which makes me surprised it didn't hit stronger. I am all for having an option for less/non habit forming products, but just as PWO's without DMAA/DMHA it doesn't hit as strong as the Penubit counterparts.. Thank you Alpha for the opportunity to review this product!
  • Tropical Storm: 1/10

September 23, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Sleep
  • Feeling Refreshed
  • Increase Recovery
  • Reductions Of DOMS
  • Vivid Dreams
  • Could Be Habbit Forming
  • Some Hangover

With my schedule being busy these days, I will pretty much do anything to make sure the sleep I get is quality sleep. When this popped up on the front page of SR, I had to jump on it.

Alpha Lion is a pretty small company from the looks of it, with just 2 products that I am aware of. Sometimes, it is fun to try products from newer companies. Either way, big thanks to Alpha Lion for sending this out!

To start, there is a nice dose of Leucine and Lysine. I'm not a huge believer in glutamine, however. After that you get a blend of L-Dopa, 5-HTP, GABA, and Tyrosine.

Of course they included ZMA in here, which is the norm most sleep aids.

I do like the inclusion of Ashwaganda, however I wish there was more of it.

To top it off, there is tranquility portion to this, which includes chamomile and melatonin(4mgs)

I'm personally not a fan of melatonin that is dosed over 1-2mgs, but 4mg is not the worst I've seen. The doses of everything are fully disclosed, which is + for Alpha Lion. Momo1's review has the full profile posted, so check that out if you're interested.

Taste was the worst aspect of Alpha Dreams. I can't describe the flavor very well, but I will say it was never enjoyable to drink. Best way I could describe it is "awkward". Sometimes I even plugged my nose and just shot it back as quickly as I could.

It mixes fairly well. It does have Leucine in it, so some foam is expected. I'd advise using a shaker cup, as mixing with a spoon never turned out very well for me.

I'll break this up into categories.

Getting to sleep:(6/10)

This was not the products strong point. I had plenty of nights where I would stay up late hours after consuming this. I don't have insomnia or anything, I have just used other sleep aids that actually make me pass out quickly and easily. This is probably the biggest effect I look for in any sleep aid.

Staying asleep:(9/10)

I had plenty of nights where I would only wake up maybe once to go outside and "water the plants", or simply sleep through the night. I usually don't have a problem with this, but I thought I would note it. There was def. a "deep sleep" feeling, where I'd wake up and say something like "boy I slept good last night", or something along those lines.

I had some crazy dreams while on this as well, to the point where I'd be too embarrassed to tell my girlfriend about them the morning after.

Recovery/Mornings:(8.5/10)

I wouldn't say I woke up feeling amazing after every night I took this, however, I rarely had a sleep hangover. A full scoop would typically make me feel drowsy for a bit in the morning, but at 3/4th or 1/2 scoops, I'd wake up with little issue. There was a fine line for sure. My DOMS were reduced while on this, I'm sure some of the other products I was taking helped, but this certainly did its part.

One tub will run you $60, which is quite high if you're using one full serving at night. If you run it at 1/2 servings like I did(most nights), the price seem a lot better. You have to take into account that you are getting some other ingredients that help with recovery and not just a "sleep aid".

Side Effects

Occasional sleep hangover at a full scoop. Nothing bad however.

Conclusion

Alpha Dreams is a good sleep aid. While there are so many products out there, and the upfront price, I wouldn't say this is a staple. However, it is worth a try if you're in the market for a sleep aid. Bad taste aside, of course.

Give it a shot if you want a recovery product as well and a fully disclosed sleep aid.

September 7, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increase Recovery
  • Deep Sleep
  • Feeling Refreshed
  • Vivid Dreams
  • Reductions Of DOMS
  • Little Pricey
  • Could Be Habbit Forming
What's up SR, I would like to say thank you for Alpha Lion and the Trooper program for allowing me to run Alpha Dreams. As we know, sleep helps with recovery and the release of GH; however, we sometimes do not get enough rest. Therefore, we sometimes have to incorporate supplements to help us get those ZZZZZZ. When Alpha Dreams came up for reviewing, I thought I would give it a try, since I am dealing with working to professions and trying to work out, I need the sleep.

Right off the back, Alpha Dreams profile is fully disclosed, all the goodies you get are listed. They are broken down in to sections:

Amino Growth Matrix - You get a nice hit of Recover Aminos L-Leucine (2500 mg), Lysine HCI (2000mg), and L-Glutamine (2000mg)

Brains Gains Matrix - There is L-Tyrosine (500 mg) this helps reduce stress. GABA (350mg) helps relieve anxiety and improves sleep. 5-HTP (200mg) this converts to serotonin, which can make use happy and helps reduce high levels of inflammation. L-Dopa (175mg) is a nootropic that helps combat depression and anxiety; helps you relax into la la land.

ZMA Recovery Matrix - There is TRAACS (400mg) this type of Magnesium helps you relax and protect your cardiovascular system. Zinc Methionine (150mg), and Pyridoxine HCI (14.5mg) this is a form of Vitamin B6, which helps reduce certain nerve disorders and helps you relax.

Anti-Stress Matrix - There is Ashwaganda (150mg), Ascorbic Acid (100mg), and L-Theanine (100mg), which help you relax and take it easy.

Electro Fuel Matrix - There is Sodium (200mg) and Potassium (40mg)

Tranquility Matrix - There is Chamomile Flower (75mg) and Melatonin (4mg), these help you feel like you are floating and sleepy.

Taste - This was not bad or too sweet, as I always say, I do not care what it taste like as long as it works.

Mix - This mixed very well, with minimum amount of water, no clumps.

Dose - Take 1 scoop about 20 mins before hitting the sack, I would not recommend taking anything over 1, unless you want to be Rip Van Winkle. I took this every other day, to avoid any dependency.

I have taken sleep supplements in the past, but on Alpha Dreams, I would pass put within 10 to 15 mins of taking it. As I have mentioned in the past, everyone has a different effect on supplements; however, this is what I experienced when taking Alpha Dreams. After about 10 mins, I had a feeling of my body trying to withdraw its self-back, as if I was being pulled; kind of freaky. If you try to fight it, then you start to feel a bit anxious; so let it do its job. I can see how people who want to feel drugged up by taking cough medicine, if you fight the sleep, you will feel high for an hour or two.

When I would sleep, on many occasions when I would wake up, I would not remember when I fell asleep or if I dreamed. However, when I did dream, man, they were nuts and vivid; from adventure dreams to crazy far out dreams, I guess I have a crazy imagination and Alpha Dreams pulls them out.

As for getting up, I liked the fact that there was only 4 mg of Melatonin, anything over that for me makes me feel all hung over; I will explain more in the sides section. In addition, I felt less sore from any evening workouts I did; DOMS were reduced a bit and I felt refreshed. Furthermore, for some reason, I did not developed a need for this, no habits were formed and my body returned to normal sleep patterns within 2 days of my last serving.

Alpha Dreams is priced at $60.00, yes, it is a bit pricey, and I was only able to find it on the company's website. You get 30 servings, which equates to $2.00 a night for sleep, not bad if you are able to dream about one's deepest desires. In addition, if you do not take it every night and do it 3 to 4 times a week, it could last 45 days, which makes the value much easier to eat.

Side Effects

I did have some sides, especially in the morning when I would wake up. If I woke up too early, I felt drunk, as if I still had Alpha Dreams in my system. In order to get rid of the feeling, I had to drink a ton of water to flush it out. On some occasions, if I would take it back-to-back nights, on the second time around, the mornings, still felt a little hangover, but not as bad. One big warning, do not drink any wine or alcohol if you are planning to take Alpha dreams, I made the mistake of having a glass of wine with my dinner and man, my wife had to slap me to wake up, the alarm did not do any justice.

Conclusion

At the end day (or night) the Alpha Dreams performed to my expectation, this was the 1st sleep product I have used, which included BCAA and other recovery supplements; this is a big selling point for Alpha Lion. If you have a little cash to burn and are looking for a knock out product, then I recommend you try Alpha Dreams. I would like to thank Alpha Lion for the opportunity.