DHEA TD Reviews

By: Alpha Gainz

Growth Enhancers > Prohormones
DHEA TD is a Prohormone manufactured by Alpha Gainz. It is a synthetic version of hormones or hormone precursors that increase muscle strength, size and stamina, and can additionally aid in fat loss.

March 5, 2018

• Fuller Looking Muscles
  • Need An OTC Natty Test BoosterPCT

Hey SR, here today to review Alpha Gainz' mild prohormone/growth enhancer DHEA TD. I have used a ton of natty test boosters over the years, but have never really ventured into PH world for many reasons. I have had thyroid cancer three times growing up (ages 10, 12, 17) so I've always been a little weary of introducing something into my endocrine system. I'm now 36 and I decided to give this a shot however as I have used some DHEA products before, this is a very mild prohormone on it's own, and after doing a lot of reading I thought I would give it a go ahead (I know I should have asked my endocrinologist, but I decided to roll the dice, don't recommend it but I pulled the trigger anyways). I'm really glad I did, as I thought this product was amazing. On to the review.

So this is one ingredient, 100 mg of DHEA in liquid transdermal form. According to just abut everything I read, the bioavailability of oral DHEA isn't that great, and Alpha Gainz is using the superior salvo transdermal process to introduce more DHEA into your system regulating estrogen and boosting testosterone, increasing strength, muscle mass, libido etc. So overall this looks like a pretty simple but at the same time new and improved ingredient profile and delivery system to enhance benefits. I was interested and wanted to give it a try.

This being a transdermal, it is different than a lot of the supplements we take on a regular basis. No taste or mixability obviously, and there is flexibility in dosing. What I read from Alpha Gainz is that .5 ml is great for a libido boost, 1 ml is good for a test base, and 1.5 ml is going to be a stronger base. Since I wanted to do more than just libido, and being 5'9" 165-170 lbs, I decided 1 ml would be the best for me without putting a ton of stress on my system. Application is recommended to the shoulders, chest, traps after a shower in the morning. I decided to rotate a little bit and apply 1 ml to my chest for two days and then 1 ml to my shoulders for two days to avoid any clogging/saturation etc. Application was better than some of the other transdermals I have used, a piney/woods scent maybe a little too strong but the actual liquid dried quickly. It didn't stain any of my clothes either even when I did cardio and did some sweating. Everytime I used the dropper it would give me almost exactly .5 ml so it was pretty easy to get my dosage with two fills. Near the end of the bottle, I'd say the last 2-3 applications, it was tough to get in the dropper so that could be improved some.

Wow. I think in every area this exceeded my expectations, and I definitely saw the difference between this and the natty test boosters I have taken. On a whole, I was looking for improvement in body composition as when you're in a cutting mode you don't expect to see a lot of difference in strength, muscle mass, etc. Well, I certainly got the improved body composition. I definitely leaned out in my midsection some in the love handle/lower ab/lower back area. Not only did this happen but I gained some actual muscle mass well, my muscles definitely looked and felt bigger and I actually gained a couple pounds while on this (while leaning out). My strength jumped in several big lifts like squats and bench. I received some other benefits like a libido boost and overall I just felt happier with more energy. I had a blast running this and although I'm going to give my body a break for a little but I will definitely run this again.

For the results I experienced, this is an amazing value. For $20, and a 1ml dosage that I used, it lasted a month. I ran two bottles which I would recommend, so you would get two months for $40. Some of the better natty test boosters are about this price for just one month so it's definitely worth the money. I'll take it down some however because to be safe I did use an OTC natty test booster/anti estrogen to be sure I didn't get any nasty side effects. That being said, a great value.

Side Effects

Some slight acne during the middle of the run, nothing too bad.

Conclusion

I was highly impressed with this product. I feel there's definitely a noticeable difference between this and natty test boosters and would recommend doing your research, being safe, and giving this a shot, I know I will again.

February 16, 2018

• Increased Alpha Male Feeling
    DHEA has been around for some time now. Its use and effects intrigued me for some time, and I've had some great results with Alpha-Gainz other products so when this became available I had to give it a shot! Huge thanks to Alpha-Gainz for making this available to the Trooper program. And also to the reps for communicating on the Trooper dashboard how they wanted it dosed. And of course, huge apology on my behalf for taking so long to complete this!!! Life has been reminding me I'm not in charge of my destiny. Anyways, enough of my sob story, lets get into this!

PROFILE-8
    Simple profile; 100mg of DHEA per ml. 30ml per bottle. WarMachine pretty much nailed in his review, so my lazy butt isn't gonna go into detail of DHEA. The transdermal carrying agent is the same as all Alpha Gainz products and its fantastic! In true Alpha-Gainz style; the packaging, label, and bottles themselves are top notch.

The Brand rep communicated how he wanted it dosed, which was 200mg per day. And 2 bottles were sent so I'd have enough to run for a month. It looked and smelled just like their 4-Andro TD (which I used last year). It had a smooth oily feel, not too runny or watery, and had a chemical-pine smell to it. I applied 1ml twice a day, for a total of 200ml a day. Like all transdermals, I run the dropper across the application area and "catch" the runoff with my hand. It rubbed in nice and clean, and dried within minutes with no stickiness or mess on the area.

EFFECTIVENESS-7.1
    After applying this, I would feel a rise in face and body temperature and in slight increase in energy, which would last about an hour. After continued use, I had an increase in positive mood, and an "Alpha" feeling but nothing nearly as strong as the 4-Andro. Towards the last couple of weeks I developed an "edge" and got a little moody, but nothing to serious. Endurance and recovery in the gym was improved. As far a body composition and strength changes, I didn't notice any substantial change at all. I actually ate more and was hungrier. No leaning effect or major muscle building occurred, and my strength didn't skyrocket from this. But I didn't get fatter while eating so much on this, so I suppose that's a good thing! Now, lets talk about the libido. Holy hell this stuff rocks!!! A very real increase in feels "down below" happened! Stiff and random is about the best way i can describe this. So, as a standalone product it wasn't exactly amazing, but i feel it'd make a great addition to any SARM, Andro, or PH cycle.

SIDE EFFECTS-9
    Side effects were minimal. Around 7 hours after application I'd experience a crash in energy. Luckily, this is about the time I would apply my second dose of the day. I wouldn't quiet say irritability is a side effect, but it did happen. The "fever" feeling rise in body heat after applying is about the only odd thing that happened to me, and increased hunger.

VALUE-7.5
    A bottle goes for 20-30 depending on discounts. To run it at the dose I did, you'll need 2 of these. Like I said above, I really didn't get much out of this besides a change in mood and attitude. So this would make me question spending so much on a product that had minimal effects on body composition. BUT, I would absolutely use this as a Test-Base, and probably dose it less then i did. At a lesser dose it's a great value.

OVERALL-7
    I didn't get much from this besides a positive mood enhancement. There wasn't any leaning effect, increase in muscle mass, or strength increases. So for me, the cost outweigh the benefits from this when ran alone, at the dose i ran it at. I'm actually torn in this review because I feel it would make a great addition to a hormonal cycle. The boost in mood and libido are absolutely there to help. Ok ok, it IS a good product, kinda like a Test-Booster "on steroids"! If you can find it a a discount I'd say try it for yourself, whats to lose?

April 27, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increased Libido
    • Fuller Looking Muscles

Thanks to Alpha Gainz for participating in the TROOPs program. After their initial participation in the program in which WarMachine picked up a bottle of this, they came back for round 2 and offered 2 bottles of DHEA TD when you claimed it through the TROOP program. I went ahead and jumped on this after reading the other TROOPer reviews and was pleasantly surprised from what I got out of it.

One main ingredient, DHEA. I pulled a quick rundown from WebMD and here is an excerpt of what they say "Scientists don't know everything DHEA does. But they do know that it functions as a precursor to male and female sex hormones, including testosterone and estrogen. Precursors are substances that are converted by the body into a hormone. DHEA production peaks in your mid-20s. In most people, production gradually declines with age. Testosterone and estrogen production also generally declines with age. DHEA supplements can increase the level of these hormones. That's why a number of claims have been made about their potential health benefits. Those claims range from benefits such as: Building up the adrenal gland, strengthening the immune system, providing more energy, improving mood and memory and building up bone and muscle strength."

Dosing varies and is dependent on the user. Recommended dosing is anywhere from 50mg up to 300mg. After reading WarMachine's review, I decided to dive right in at 200mg and kept it there the whole run.

Transdermal so no taste. Product was oily but dried quickly. I would put it on after I dried off from my shower then do what necessary grooming I needed to before putting on my clothes. I would alternate application sites putting it on the tops of my feet and shins, belly, chest, shoulders and traps. My one complaint is that the dropper was hard to get 1 ml at a time so I would have to do .5ml and do 4 applications. On the second bottle the dropper was flawed and did not hold any liquid. It would suck up then go right back out. Fortunately, I had just thrown the first bottle away so I just switched the droppers out.

I can't say I experienced all the claims made above but there were 3 things that definitely stood out for me while using this product. Increased libido, increased energy and more fuller looking muscles. Let's dive into each.

Increased libido - Sex? Yes, please! This stuff had me horny as a teenage boy again. I felt this more on workout days as my test would be up and I would be willing and ready whenever the wife was. Did not seem to notice as much of an increased libido on non-workout days but could still tell my sex drive was elevated.

Increased energy - This is definitely one of the places this product stood out. At first, I attributed the increase in energy to my new bed as I was sleeping more soundly and waking up more refreshed. I usually have a mid-morning downer in energy and while it did happen it was not to the point where I rushed to get my next dose of caffeine. After being off this for over a week, I can say the increased energy was attributable to the DHEA as my mid-morning crashes have come back. I will also note that around the time I started this I decided to cut back on my caffeine intake. This really helped me get through the day on less caffeine.

Fuller looking muscles - This was not noticeable until about the last week of the run but my muscles looked fuller in the gym and I looked a little more cut even through all my bodyfat. It would have been nice to see how I would have looked had I had another month to run this but that will have to wait till I by some for my next run.

I found this for $19.99 at a few online retailers and $29.99 at a few others. If you can get away with dosing it at 100mg and get 30 days out of the bottle, then I would say it is a good value either way. If you have to up the dosage to 200mg or more, definitely try and pick it up for $19.99 as I feel this is a fair and reasonable price to run a fine product such as this at the higher doses.

Side Effects

I noticed no negative side effects.

Conclusion

Overall a solid product offering from Alpha Gainz. This is one I will be running again but next time will probably end up stacking it as part of a natty test run.

February 29, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Increased Libido
      • Increased Alpha Male Feeling
      • Some Strength And Mass Gains
      • A Bigger Vial With More Servings Would Be Nice
      As always a thank you goes out to the TROOP program and those supplement rep's (delsolrob this time) who strive to give us supplement junkie's what we need! This was my first foray into the transdermal world and I have others on deck. Wanting those epic massive gainz without having to take something hazardous to my health and the other side effects that may occur I have been looking at safer alternativeslike this. To the review!

Ingredients Profile:

As already stated 100mg of DHEA per 1ml. As Warmachine and a quick search on the internets can tell you there are all kinds of benefits to this type of supplement. Bioavailability is usually the only issue and the other is event with all the researchdoes this really work. From my reading I found much that gave me high hopes! This does look to be "clean and pure", not that I could tell if it wasn't TBH.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing:

It is just a guess but I bet this stuff would taste horrible; I would not recommend you try it orally! Now as the topical application I was instructed that at 50mg it would be a good libido booster and mild. At 100mg it was a good test base.
      Sounds Great! And dosing was simple. Used like I did or otherwise; I used it 50mg for 5 days, then 100mg to finish. You can go 100mg at start or go 50mg the whole way as you choose which is best for your goals. If I had it to do over again I would at least use this 100mg from start and possibly move up to finish. IMO. Also rotating application sites; I found chest/neck and shoulders to be the best for me. Left a nice oiled look and the smell was interesting but not bad! Evaporated/soaked in mostly but does leave a residue.

I have been working out sporadically as of late and mostly using the"fit as much in as possible" plan. I gauge it as I should be sore or I didn't push hard enough or if I'm not sore in a specific muscle group I hit it hard ASAP. I have been working a lot lately and this is the only way I can do it and not make excuses why I can't train. Also my diet goals are different than ever before but helping me reach my fitness goals, and I felt this helped that. First week I felt almost nothing, maybe by the end of the week hungrier but honestly with my diet I find myself hungrier than not lol. Week two I noticed a little more libido, endurance, and alpha feeling. Not a large amount but on my 3 days a week I eat less I noticed this feeling more!
      To the finish of the bottle I felt this a bit more but the feelings never got to that"GAINZ" level I was expecting. I feel if I had two bottles to run back to back at 100mg from the start it would have performed better. Also I did start AD-3 in the last week and a half to possibly help if that E monster showed up in masse (just a precaution as I didn't feel the need really but hormones are tricky things, better safe than sorry.) I have taken AD-3 before and know what it feels like so I trust it to help and didn't notice any issues. I got from this: Libido, endurance, some more power in lifts, alpha fellings, and a bit more hungry. That pretty much sums it up.

Value:

At around $20 not counting shipping this is a good inexpensive supplement to try. Used at the normal 100mg it could last a while, at 50mg for that libido boost quite a bit longer! Some experimentation may prove more mg doing to be better, but the value may go down if you don't get the "Gainz" you want! IMO I got $20 worth, but was not amazed like I had hoped. I recommend buying 2 or more bottles especially if on sale (as others have stated) and using at higher mg doses. I myself did not buy this but received it through the TROOP program but none the less feel it is a good value.

Side Effects:

Other than maybe a bit hungrier nothing of note.

Conclusion:

This was a good start in the world of DHEA supplementation in my opinion to use. Easy and simple dosing, no major risks and/or sides, and beneficial to fitness training of all levels. I did enjoy this just not as much as I wanted. Two bottles and higher mg would hopefully make the difference. Learn from my review and others! When and/or if I do run this again I will come back and update this review with what I get out of it! Maybe not the "ALPHA GAINZ" I wanted but some GAINZ were better than nothing! I will try again one day..

February 20, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Increased Libido
      • Increased Alpha Male Feeling
      • Some Strength And Mass Gains
      • Some Minor Skin Irritation
      • A Bigger Vial With More Servings Would Be Nice

A special thank you to Alpha Gainz for once again participating in the ER/TROOPS program. After a superb experience with AG's 4-andro transdermal, I decided to give their trans dhea a go. I've had a fair share of experience with transdermal products by now, so I was eager to experiment with this one. My only other experience with a transderrmal dhea product was a while back with BPS's dermacrine. The product was good for the most part, but could have used improvement in some areas. Getting back on track, I discuss with you today, Alpha Gainz's DHEA-TD.

One ingredient;

100mg of DHEA per 1ml

I don't think I need to discuss in detail what DHEA is. It is a steroid hormone naturally occurring in both males and females. In the body, it acts as a precursor to other hormones such as testosterone, estrogen, and DHT. It also plays a role in other biological functions and has properties as a neurosteroid as well.

DHEA supplementation is nothing new. On today's market, DHEA is available in OTC pill/capsule form. Problem is, DHEA's oral bioavailability is low, meaning any perceived benefits might get from supplementation is seldom.

In transdermal form, DHEA's bioavailability is said to be much higher. By introducing it more directly into the blood stream, DHEA is touted to convert to a higher degree to androgens such as testosterone and androstenedione. It can also convert into metabolites such as 7-oxo-dhea, which is known to possess thermogenic properties. In a nutshell, this can lead to increase libido, aggression, energy, and fat loss.

Or taste or mixability aspects to discuss since it is a trandermal product.

In the beginning week to ensure no adverse, I began by applying 1ml to large muscle group areas such as my chest, shoulders, and upper back after a shower. After I confirmed no adverse skin reactions or effects, I continued by applying 2ml everyday to the large muscle group areas mentioned, rotating the sites every three days to prevent pore clogging. Therefore, the majority of my run consisted of an application of 200mg of transdermal dhea.

I was actually pretty impressed by the benefits I experienced with this transdermal product. Around mid second week, I began having a substantial increase in my appetite, allowing me to get in more calories for my recovery needs and mass gaining phases. Further into the cycle, my libido, gym aggression, mood (alpha male mindset), and energy began experiencing steady increases. I was more focused in the gym and had some more endurance to compliment my intra workout HIIT sets. I felt more positive minded almost similar to a nootropic effect which was much welcomed being that college exams are beginning to cram up a majority of my time these days. Lastly, I had some noticeable increases in muscular fullness and strength gains in some areas particularly my isolation movements. I didn't see much in terms of fat loss or thermo effects, but I am not trying to lose weight right now, so I didn't pay much attention to this since my diet and training are currently not oriented towards cutting at this time.

Overall, I had some solid benefits in various areas.

A vial of AG's DHEA-TD I've found goes for as low as 20 dollars on most sites it's available on. Some websites such as Flexitnutrition offer sales when two or more vials are purchased. On as side note, I highly recommend buying at least two vials for a run since the vials can run out quickly if you are a multi-dose user such as myself. Given the benefits, the available retail prices are very good if not great. Again, be sure to capitalize on BOGO incentives.

Side Effects

On occasion, I found myself a little short tempered t times, but nothing out of control. Also, upon initial application, those with sensitive skin may experience occasional skin irritation to a minor degree, but nothing overly painful or adverse.

Conclusion

If you enjoy transdermals and need a good test base for a cycle run or a natty pep in the step for those basic alpha needs, I'd say that DHEA-TD is well worth the investment especially at such a fair price. Be sure to assess skin reaction first by starting with 1ml for the first few days.