ALP SPORT Reviews

By: ALP NUTRITION

Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins
ALP SPORT is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by ALP Nutrition. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.
6.3

Overall
Overall
6.8
6.3
4.4
  January 17, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient
  • Decent Flavor
  • Under Dosed

23 years old, have been working out for a few years now. Always like taking a multivitamin because I think it is important to get all those extra Vitamins and minerals in your diet. i am very thankful for ALP for letting me try and review their product and also SR!

The profile in my opinion is very low dosed but it is better than getting nothing. Below are how they show on the product and to my knowledge, What they each help with.

Vitamin C - 240mg - Help with heart disease also helps build up the immune system.
Magnesium - 150mg - Helps with bone density.
Vitamin E - 36mg - Natural antioxidant that also helps with skin.
Vitamin B6 - 2mg - Helps with your nervous system and also helps produce energy
Vitamin B12 - 5mcg - Helps with mental focus and energy.
I do like that is has Co-Q10 but once again it is underdosed at 50mg. I would like for it to have 100-200mg.
Zinc - 10mg. I have heard max dosage for zinc a day for a male is 50mg. Helps with fertility + test production.

In my opinion these doses are very very low.... For example, typically people see a difference in energy with a 2500-5000 mcg dose of b12. this ONLY has 5mcg

Taste was a little tangy in my opinion but I did enjoy it regardless. I think it was very convenient that it was a liquid form since I have a few things to take that are capsule forms. So this being a liquid helped me out. Just grab one in the mornings and take it with me to work. The mixability was a smooth liquid. Just one of these tubes a day for 14 days is all I took.

I did not really notice a huge difference in energy, focus or anything really. I took it and just went on about my day. Even after I was out of it I did not notice a difference without taking one. Like I said the product is very underdosed.

This product is VERY expensive compared to other Multi Vitamins. On Amazon you can find these for about $57.00 for a 14 pack. Which is VERY expensive in my opinion.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This product definitely needs some more tweaking with and it is very low dosed to be effective in energy or anything really. I love how it is in a liquid form instead of capsules. Makes it very easy to just grab and go. I unfortunately do not see myself buying this in the future due to the low dosages and also price. If they maybe upped the dosage and a little less money then I would consider it but it was a good opportunity to be able to try this out!

Overall
Overall
4.4
5.5
3.0
  January 15, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient
  • Under Dosed

First and foremost, thank you to ALP Nutrition for the opportunity to log this product. I was intrigued by the idea of an individually portioned liquid multivitamin because I can't remember ever seeing one on the market. I had high hopes for the product but I was ultimately let down by the lack of this being a complete multivitamin to fill the needs of an athlete and the incredibly high price tag that ALP Sport carries.

As I stated in both the title and introduction I would have liked seeing a lot more comprehensive ingredient profile. To be fair it is not a complete bust as there are a good number of essential vitamins and minerals included and I am sure that having these in liquid form will aid in absorption versus pill form. But for an athlete in the field of strength and endurance training I just don't see this being adequate to supplement nutrition. Honestly this seems more like a product based on the profile to be marketed to seniors. But considering that they call it ALP Sport it is obvious that their target market is athletes.

In addition to a very basic list of vitamins and minerals they also include 50mg of CO-Q10 and a proprietary 250mg of "Alpine Herbal Extract". They must have gotten a pretty stellar deal on this stuff or really believe it to be something special because they literally include it in all four of their liquid supplements they manufacture. I included a picture of the bulk of the ingredient profile and since it doesn't show up well I will include the ingredients that comprise the Alpine Herbal Extract blend which are lemon thyme, mallow, chamomile, melissa, stinging nettle, edelwise, and pineapple sage flavor). I don't know a lot about any of these extracts and oddly some of them are listed by a lesser known name. I had to do a lot of digging to find information about all of these compounds and none of them are really worth taking a deep dive into. It's frankly an odd blend to put into a vitamin targeted at sports performance.

Worth mentioning that they do at least use a chelated form of the minerals included in the product which is crucial to your body being able to absorb and utilize minerals. Minerals in their natural oxide form are pretty much useless as far as our bodies are concerned. So kudos to them for at least paying attention to this particular detail.

All in all there are multi vitamins out there with far more complete profiles so pretty much the only thing going for ALP Sport is that it is in liquid form.

I will give this product one thing and that is that the dosing is as simple as it will ever get. Literally shake the vial, open it up, and down it in one shot. They don't give a recommended time so I just took it after dinner. Taste wasn't as awful as I anticipated but I definitely didn't look forward to taking it down. Kind of like a citric acid type taste with a whole lot of bad trying to make its way to the foreground is the best way I can describe the taste. But like I said it was at least a very simple dosing protocol.

Was the two weeks I spent taking this product more beneficial than taking nothing for two weeks? I would like to think so. It is obviously pretty hard to nail down exactly how effective something so passive as a multivitamin is over a short period of two weeks. But I am pretty confident that it was better than nothing. I didn't notice any outstanding boost of natural energy while taking this product that would insinuate that I was really getting a shot of healthy vitamins and minerals. Maybe a little boost which I would attribute to the B vitamins.

There is absolutely no way to justify a 14 day supply of a multivitamin costing $45-$50. As of right now the only place I am finding this available for purchase in America is on Amazon. It looks like it can actually be purchased cheaper from the company's website at around the equivalent to $35. With all of the really great options out there for a good complete multivitamin I can't see a way to ever justify going with ALP Sport over competing products. Maybe I would feel differently if the ingredient profile was more impressive but I don't think that it would change my mind that much.

Side Effects

No side effects to speak of other than the funny face I made from the taste.

Conclusion

It was a novel idea to put a multivitamin in a liquid form that is portioned into single servings. But unfortunately the price tag and incomplete profile make this a product that I could never recommend. Even if the price point was half of what it is now you are still talking about the most expensive multivitamin I have ever seen. I wanted to like this product but it just fell short in too many ways.

3.4
  December 8, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Flavor
  • Ingredients
  • On The Go Capsules

Thank you, ALP nutrition for a sample of one of your products. I was not for sure exactly what this product was but thought it was worth a try. What is the ALP nutrition sport?

ALP nutrition sport is loaded with vitamins and even breaks the vitamins down to specifics. ALP nutrition sport has Vitamin C, Vitamin B3, Vitamin E, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B9 (folic acid), Vitamin B12, Biotin, or Vitamin B, Magnesium, and Zinc. These vitamins are well-known so I will not get into all the vitamin benefits. I would like to highlight the following vitamin and other items. The ALP nutrition sport has Selenium, CoEnzyme Q10 and Alpine herbal extract. Selenium is a vitamin shown to support the other vitamins found in ALP nutrition sport. Selenium can help with aging, support the immune system and preventing colon and prostate cancer. CoEnzyme Q10 is a compound made in the body which may be low. The benefits of CoEnzyme Q10 are long and they include helping with cancer, headaches, heart failure and fertility. This is a compound that is definitely beneficial. The last ingredient is Alpine herbal extract. Alpine herbal was hard to find and the ALP nutrition did not list exactly what this ingredient is and its benefits. The only information I could find was skin health. This was the only ingredient that I question. What is its purpose and what exactly is in it?

As far as it goes with mixability and dosing, it is already mixed. You would just consume it like a shot at a bar. The taste is good with a citric or an orange kind of flavor. It came in a container with only 15 shots that you take daily. I was only able to get 15 days of this product. It did not give specifics on when to take it so I just took it after lunch which is before my workout.

The effectiveness appeared fine. Like a multivitamin with a bit of energy. I cannot say that this was something that helped me with weight loss or more power when working out. It did give me a bit more energy but not something that you would find in a pre-workout so I would not treat it like a pre-workout. This is something that could be effective if in addition to some other supplements you might be using. It did leave me feeling like I had high immunity to a sickness that comes along in the winter. I definitely felt healthier. I could not say that ALP nutrition sport was medically helping me as I did not get scientific evidence. In order to get that information, you will need full blood work done.

I was able to find a 15 day supply on the ALP nutrition website at a cost of $40 (or 30 English pounds). Amazon had it at a higher price for a 15 day supply at $51. This works out to around $3 a day. This is high for me so the value was low ranking because more than I would be willing to pay. Even if I had extra money, I would still not get it due to the high price.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

For the most part, it did what it said it could do. Loaded with healthy and good vitamins needed for the body. I had high immunity while using ALP nutrition sport but nothing that could not be found in a good multivitamin. I did get an increase in health energy without a stimulant or thermogenic ingredient. A good product just high in price and due to price, I would not buy in the future.
  • Citric or orange: 8/10

Overall
Overall
4.5
3.0
  December 3, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient
  • Decent Flavor
  • Under Dosed

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week currently. I like to keep a MultiVitamin in my stack at all times, as I do believe in the long term effects and overall health of it. I recently tried a liquid Multi and was pretty happy with it, so when ALP was offering up their liquid Multi I had to try it! Before we start I want to thank ALP and SR for the opportunity to review ALP Sport. I am very appreciative for these opportunities. Lets see how this stacks up.

I will break this down as I do with all my Multi V reviews, and talk about the essential ingredients as well as the ones that I find important and look for. ALP Sport has a pretty extensive profile, so I will include a picture.

Vitamin B6/B12 - B6 aka Pyridoxine, is a major vitamin to have in your body daily. It aids in the functions of movement, memory, energy expenditure, and blood flow. 1.3mg daily for men ages 19-50 is the RDA and here we get 2mg which is the smallest dose I have ever seen in a multivitamin. B12 boosts your mood, energy level, memory, heart, skin, hair, digestion and more. This vitamin is so important for you, mainly getting you that energy boost, that you will see it sold a lot as a stand alone. Here we get 5mcg which is well above the RDA of 2.4mcg, but again a pretty small dose compared to vitamins I have used in the past, but it does meet RDA requirements so no big deal.

Vitamin C - Good for strengthening blood vessels and giving skin its elasticity, anti-oxidant function, and iron absorption. RDA for men is 60mg, and we get 240mg.

Vitamin E - Good for blood circulation and protection from free radicals. The maximum dose you want of this daily is 1,000mg, here we get 36mg leaving you enough buffer room to not go over the maximum daily allowance if you have almonds, nuts, seeds, or tomatoes in your diet.

Folate - This aids in cell renewal, as well as reducing the risk of birth defects for pregnant women, but thats an afterthought since this Vitamn is geared to men. RDA is 400mcg for men over 13 years old and here we get a 666mcg dose.

Zinc - Good for immunity, growth and fertility. 11mg daily for men over 14 and here we get 10mg, being slightly underdosed but not too bad.

Magnesium - A mineral to help aid in your bone structure. The daily Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA) for elemental magnesium are: 19-30 years, 400 mg (men) and 310 mg (women); 31 years and older, 420 mg (men) and 320 mg (women). For pregnant women age 14-18 years, the RDA is 400 mg; 19-30 years, 350 mg; 31-50 years, 360 mg. Here we get 150mg which is good since doses less than 350mg daily are safe, though it kind of contradicts the RDA. Either way the small dose is covered here.

You may notice that this list is short because we are missing Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Calcium, and Chromium. There is no Iron here, which is not uncommon to see so no ding there, but there is no Boron, which is what I like to see in a Multi. Of note, you get a nice Phyto Blend here consisting of lemon thyme, melissa, chamomile, mallow, stinging nettle, edelweiss, and pineapple sage. So we got some greens covered in here which is great to see, so plus points there. You also get 50mg of COQ10 which enhances blood flow and protects the blood vessels. However recommended dose for COQ10 is 90mg-200mg, so its a bit low, but still nice to have.

So we have some under dosed and missing ingredients here, to me this is a strange profile for a multivitamin.

Taste: It tasted very lemony to me, and I thought it was pretty good. I get nervous on liquid multi's that they will taste horrid, but you can really taste the phyto blend in here, and I enjoyed it.

Mixabilty: Nothing to mix, you just drink 1 capsule per day, easy!

Dosing: 1 x 25ml capsule per day, I drank it first thing in the morning upon waking up. Directions recommend not to exceed 1 capsule a day.

So when I started taking ALP Sport, I was battling a cold. Now, I am in no way expecting a Multi V to get rid of an illness, but I felt this did take a bit longer than I am used to to feel better. Other multi's I have taken I have felt the onset of a cold and they have usually knocked it out of my system for me. I do feel this did keep the cold in check but I was sick for about a week (including Thanksgiving), so I felt this was not as strong as I am used to in protecting my immunity system. I also never really had that sense of well being and just feeling healthy in general in the 14 days that I took this.

I enjoyed the convenience of just drinking a capsule a day here, but I believe with the missing vitamins and the under dosing that this is not nearly as effective as other Multi's that you can get. The last Liquid Multi I took was very effective and this just did not live up to the hype that I had for it.

Okay, so this is expensive! I found it on Amazon for $57.39 for a 14 pack, but on the ALP website for 29.95 Euro's which comes out to roughly $35.63. That is $2.55 a day for this product which is insanely expensive considering the saturated Multi Vitamin market typically comes out to 50 - 80 cents a day. Being severely under dosed as well, I really do not see much value here. This may be due to this being a European Company and the price in America is just expensive, but still.

Side Effects

None at all, no weird color urine, this is why I am loving liquid Multi's.

Conclusion

I think the packaging and the idea of just drinking a capsule per day is a really great idea. There are just too many essential vitamins missing as well as the ones included are very under dosed or on the low end when comparing this to other Multi's out there. I appreciate the Phyto blend, but the price point here is just way too expensive. Until the vitamins include get properly dosed and the price gets fixed, I cannot recommend this item and am unsure how it can even compete in the market today.

5.5
  November 28, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient
  • Ingredients
  • On The Go Capsules

First and foremost, big thanks to ALP Nutrition for sending their product for review.

Some background before getting into this. I am a college triathlete working on the strength phase of our season. I'm getting a lot of strength along with my cardio workouts.

I am not a nutritionist or a scientist. All information here is from research and personal knowledge.

Vitamin C - 240mg - repair and regenerate tissues, protect against heart disease, and aid in the absorption of iron. Found in fruits and veggies.
Magnesium - 150mg - Helps with heart diseases and important in bones.
Vitamin E - 36mg - A natural vitamin that acts as an antioxidant.
Vitamin B6 - 2mg - Maintains a healthy nervous system.
Vitamin B12 - 5mg - Maintain the health of nerve cells.

There are other vitamins and antioxidants included. These are just the what there are the most of. ALP Sport offers a range of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants and does not target one specific thing.

When you get this product you will receive 14 individual capsules. Each one is one serving and the recommended serving is once a day. The taste is close to what a natural green juice tastes like. It was a little bitter with a hint of lemon. While I personally didn't mind the taste I'm sure others will not be a huge fan of it.

I took the ALP Sport shot either in the morning with breakfast. This product does not claim to be a pre-workout or energy supplement which is important to note. It is simply a vitamin supplement targeted towards athletes looking to get important vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals. While taking these shots I felt healthier and cleaner however that could just be a placebo. It's hard to say how effective this product is since you aren't receiving an energy boost like a pre-workout. If you look at the ingredients you'll see a wide range of different vitamins that all do different things.

I have only ever taken multivitamins once as a supplement. During that time I was taking around ten pills during lunch. The quick and easy to take liquid made this product much easier to take. ALP Sport offers a variety of ingredients in a convenient way. To that extent, this product was effective for me

These can be bought on Amazon for about $50. You get 14 capsules. That comes out to about $3.50 for a single serving. That'll last you two weeks if you take one every day. Since the servings come in individual shots much like a 5-hour energy they are easy to take on the go. The price does seem very steep for such a little amount of product. You are pretty much paying for two weeks worth of convenience and an easy to take vitamin supplement.

Side Effects

I did not have any side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

ALP Sport offers a good list of ingredients in a convenient capsule for a very steep price. I would use this product again if either the prices were cut, they were on sale, or more capsules were included at the $50 price point.