IsoFlex Reviews

By: AllMax

Protein > Whey Protein
IsoFlex is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by AllMax. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

January 11, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Unreal
  • No Aspartame
  • 90% Whey Isolate
  • No Aftertaste
  • Low Grams Of Fat
  • Low Calories
  • Complexes

Alright SR guys and gals. I've been jumping from one protein Isolate to the next for the past couple of month in order to find my favourite, quite an expensive trip it has been. So while I'm sipping on my last 2 scoops of Banana Isoflex w some coffee mixed in, I decided that this is one of the better whey Isolates and most certainly deserves a thorough review.

I will attach a couple of pictures of the Ingredients and Supplement facts below, but for now I will skim over the good and the bad of what is inside the 5lb tub you might purchase.

What I found pleasant is that for every 30g scoop that you get out of Isoflex, 27g is protein. Pretty good ratio of protein to filler.
(In contrast 2 scoops of the infamous Isopure 62g have only 50g of protein, meaning 12g of not protein per 2 scoops)

Allmax also talks about something known as "Bioactive Full-Spectrum Whey Protein Isolate Macrofractions" and they even put in a little chart. From my understanding this is the makeup of the protein. Chart will be attached below. I noticed Immunoglobulin on the chart, which in my broscience understanding is "super good protein for your immune system that protects you from all sorts of bad bacteria".

What I did not like in my protein is the NOS complex, Glutamine Complex and IS Complex.
I'm drinking protein for its protein content not some sort of wacky pump/glutamine/etc Matrix. Mind you that Glutamine and Arginine are both amino acids and will be found in protein regardless, I just don't feel like there is a necessity to throw this whole Complex nonsense, just my 2 cents.

I had the Banana flavoured Isoflex and it turned out to be one of the best flavours I've ever tasted. Now yes, it does not taste like real bananas (such is the nature of all Banana flavoured products) but the inclusion of Banana Puree Powder gives it a little kick.
The product mixes with water or milk, very easily and leaves absolutely no clumps. Not much to talk about here.
A standard scoop is mixed with 5oz of water or milk as per directions (doesn't say anything about timing). I usually took 2 scoops post workout with a little more water just to make it thinner.

I gained 25lbs of pure hard muscle in 2 scoops of this product!!!
Ok but in all seriousness, I did not notice a huge difference as I was taking a different isolate before. However my soreness did not increase, post workout, therefore Isoflex kept the good protein trend. It also effectively increased my protein intake in my Myfitnesspal app.

As far as brand name whey isolates go, Allmax Isoflex is actually a good choice for your pocket. I got mine in store for about 80 with tax and all. If you go on amazon, you can find the 5lb (75 serv) tub for a little over $72 with Prime free shipping.. Which makes a serving a little under a dollar, for an Isolate that is a very fair price.

Side Effects

Sick Gainz

Conclusion

So far, paying the premium for an Isolate protein is something I am on the fence about, but Isoflex is a pretty good quality Isolate that people should consider if they have the extra buck.
  • Banana Creme Supreme: 9/10

June 23, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Great
  • No Bloating
  • Chocolate Chips?

This is my second review for SR. I recently discovered SR while doing research on various supplements and figured I should chime in my own reviews. I've been lifting on and off for 8 years. At present I do a four day split with HIIT on off days. When I get my BF into the teens (I've been at work on this for the last two months) I'll start on a very lean bulk.

After several months of using Bio-X Xtreme Power Whey Complex and experiencing (how do I say politely) "a lot of gastric distress" I decided to broaden my horizons and try a Whey Isolate instead of a blend. I just completed a 5lbs tub of Allmax Isoflex, Chocolate flavor.

Isoflex has a sweet profile: 27g of protein per serving, with only 1g of carbs - much better than most whey blends your encounter.

Of course, there's a litany of "extras" listed part of Isoflex's Protein Blend (100% Instantized Ultra-Pure, Cross-Flow Microfiltered WPI90 90% Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolyzed Wpi97 97% Whey Protein Isolate, Alpha-Lactolbumin-RIch Whey Peptides), Nos-Complex (L-Arginine, Taurine), Glutamine Complex (L-Glutamine), IS COMPLEX (Alpha Lipoic Acid, D-Pinitol, 4-Hydroxyisoleucine].

Even Isolates it seems are a awash with extra crap. I digress, this is a review, not a sermon.

Taste: The chocolate flavor advertised "with real chocolate chips." It tasted like unremarkable chocolate protein powder - not gag-worthy but not something I loved to drink. A teaspoon of Stevia improved the taste considerably.

Mixability: In cold water or milk the Isoflex mixed very well - almost instantaneously. Adding to a beverage containing ice - shaking did not completely mix the Isoflex. A chocolate pudding-like substance stuck to the walls of the shaker bottle. Surprisingly, the Isoflex did not mix at all in hot liquids. I tried to add to hot coffee and ended up with a curdled mess of whey isolate. Despite the price I had to dump it and start again.

While where on mixing - why would Allmax include chocolate chips in something that is suppose to mix and be consumed? I would make a shake, down it, and wonder what the chunky sludge was at the end of the shake before remembering the added chocolate chips. Probably not the best idea you've had Allmax.

Dosing: I took this before and after workouts as well as a snack on rest days.

Hard to determine but I found my DOMS was short-lived while using Isoflex - a better response than I've had from whey complex blends.

Isoflex is not cheap. BB.com is charging $87.99 for 5lbs tub - that works out to $1.17 a dose. Some other isolates sell for up to $20 less for the same amount. Is Isoflex worth it? Maybe, if not for the chocolate chips.

Side Effects

No discernible side affects. My "gastric distress" was less prevalent when using Isoflex.

Conclusion

A premium isolate. Works well, but pricey.

June 4, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Unreal
  • Mixes Great
  • No Bloating
  • Possibly Amino-spiked

I've been working out off and on since high school football 10 years ago. Got fat in college, lost 60 pounds after, now trying to gain strength and muscle. I heard about SR from a friend who reads the reviews before buying products.

Ingredients look solid. Allmax boasts cold-temp processing with IsoFlex, which is definitely a plus! With the recent talks of amino spiking their NOS complex with L-Arginine and Taurine caught my eye, but they say it's for increased blood flow, therefore better nutrient uptake.

I used the chocolate peanut butter and thought it tasted amazing. Definitely not chalky or gritty. There are even chocolate chips mixed in it. Definitely an ex-fatty's dream!

IsoFlex definitely helps cut down on the soreness. I'd put it on par with other whey isolates I've tried for recovery/decreased soreness.

Given that it's cold-temp processed and it's a full whey isolate, I'd say the price is pretty reasonable. Even a couple of bucks cheaper than other isolates I've seen.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Definitely a great protein for the price. It's one of the better isolates I've tried and even a couple bucks cheaper than comparable products.

March 5, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Great
  • No Bloating
  • Lil Pricey
Wow! What can I say about IsoFlex. Let me start off by saying for years now I have used Muscle Milk almost religiously. I'm not the most in-shape toned guy around; and my diet lacks at times but I still enjoy eating what I want to eat. For the most part I am a health eater, but at the same time I also like to get a few beers every now and then.

So I just finished my first jug of IsoFlex, it felt like such a turnaround from anything else I have taken.
_____________________________________________

It is an amazing protein product; truly. And there was some get benefits in that it didn't cause me to feel overly full after drinking it, but at the same time I have been used to Muscle Milk and I missed the extra calories. I was starving (it felt like) even right after having the shake. But it is great that it mixes in about 6 ounces of water with no chunks (minus the crazy chocolate chips). FYI on those chocolate chips they are bitter and not great to eat after you drink the shake. I usually take about 3 shakes a day; one in the morning, one sometime in the day usually around lunch, and then one after the gym. This stuff is great for any if not all these shakes. However, with only about 30 servings in 2 lb jug it can go fast if you use it for all three. I would say the taste is adequate (to me). It's an Iso Protein so it isn't like the taste needs to be outstanding.

I was impressed to say the least with this protein. I did a bulking cycle in November and December and have been looking to maintain as much of that solid weight as I can while cutting down a bit. That is exactly what I got with this. I have maintained my 195- 200 lb. range but am watching myself lean out just as I was hoping. Hoping may be a bad word, but planning. However, I am still working on my cutting down and attempting to lean out a little more.

I only put the value lower because I was curious to try this after the great reviews I heard that I purchased it at a supplement store; which I typically abstain from. I believe I paid something like $34 – 35. This still isn't horrible but it's a hell of a markup considering you can find it online for quite a bit cheaper. That's about $1 a serving, really that's not bad all and all when you break it down like that.
____________________________________________

In the end this stuff was great and I thought it was a fantastic substitute for the Muscle Milk I was so accustom to. The only thing was minus the extra calories I was hungry quite often. I really can't begin to fully give the proper amount of respect to this protein. I was impressed.

I am working in a new cycle with some other products that I have seen on here and hope those are just half as good of a surprise as this stuff was... I just want to say thanks to all the older reviews because if it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't have even tried this stuff.

August 13, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Unreal
  • No Aspartame
  • 90% Whey Isolate
  • Low Grams Of Fat
  • Low Calories
  • No Fillers
YES! Finally the closest thing to a perfect whey protein ever! I am a huge fan of this product in all aspects.

Taste: 10/10. Best tasting protein of all time, the peanut butter chocolate is like drinking reeces peanut butter cups in liquid form. Super delicious after a workout, mixed with oatmeal or greek yogurt, and especially with milk.

Ingredient profile: 10/10. 27g of protein, 0g fat, 1g carbs, 0g sugars, yet no aspartame so it doesn't give you those weird headaches. There's 6g BCAAs and 4.6g glutamine per scoop, which is great. This is a fantastic "cutting" protein outside of the small sodium count, which isn't a concern for most people. There's no whey concentrate, which is basically cheap filler protein, and it consists almost entirely of whey isolate. Very high-quality stuff.

Effectiveness: 9/10. I had awesome recovery from this stuff. No bloating ever because there's no sugars, and it keeps you full until you can eat from the high protein count. I will absolutely be going back to this stuff time and time again. I've found my one true staple in my supplement regimen.

Mixability: 9/10. Whey isolate proteins typically are lighter in texture which makes it easier to mix them. I almost never had clumps, partially due to my USP-Labs 3-in-1 shaker. Super easy to mix together in water or milk.

Price/Value: 8.5/10. I got mine at my store for $37.99, which isn't all that bad for 30 scoops. But it's not the cheapest either. This category definitely isn't the product's brightest point of review. These days you get what you pay for, so keep that in mind.

Overall: 9.8/10. Well done Allmax Nutrition. You've sold me on what seems to be one of the top 3 best protein supplements on the market. I will forever keep a 2-lb. tub in my cabinet for excessive consumption on a weekly basis. Highly, highly recommended.

April 15, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Great
  • No Bloating
  • Low Calories
  • Low Grams Of Fat
    Hi all. It 's my first review so I have to start out with my favorite staple supplement Isoflex. As a runner, there aren't too many worse feelings than that of a 100 lb weight around your stomach with gas that would fit right in with WWI trench warfare. And when you need something light to propel you through the starting gates, I have yet to find a better tool than Allmax's whey isolate to get the job done. So let's break it down.

Ingredients : 9.5/10

Not much to say here as this is pure whey isolate. At just over 100 calories per serving with almost zero carbs, it doesn't get much better. The 27 grams of protein are a mix of whey isolate and hydrolyzed whey isolate, so if you're looking for a gainer, this definitely isn't it. But if carb control and maintenance is your game, you can't go wrong here.

Mixability: 10/10

I have yet to have an issue. I'm a water and shaker cup guy and this has never clumped or clung on me yet. The only issue would be the residual whey smell if you aren't quick to rinse the cup. Muscle Marinade's got nothing on that bad boy.

Taste: 9.5/10

Unfortunately the make or break for whey (pun intended) too many. Fortunately, this is simply delicious. Peanut butter chocolate is almost too good and chocolate mint is right on par. Standard chocolate ranks right there when you don't want anything special. All in all I have yet to have a bad flavor.

Price: 9.0/10

This is where it might be a little bit of a turn off. You're looking at a solid $30+ investment for two lbs so there are a lot of cheaper standard whey options on the market. This is a premium protein that you get what you pay for, but with the price of whey going up this may not be for everyone. But when you get in the isolate game, you should already know what to expect price wise.

This is where Isoflex really shines. I'm a morning trainer so I really can't stand anything too heavy first thing. I wake up and down one of these and I'm ready to put in a good 8-10 miles in about a half hours' time. Follow up the run with another shake and I'm good until it's time for breakfast.

Overall: 9.5/10

With such high praise how can I not give this a ten? Well, I haven't tried everything like Rico so I can't say this is the end all be all. But I can't reiterate it enough that you'll be hard pressed to match what Allmax has got here. Give it a shot if you have a little extra cash and I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.

November 30, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tastes Unreal
    • Mixes Great
    • Low Grams Of Fat
      What up everyone? This is a review that has been a long time in the making. Today I will be reviewing AllMax Nutritions IsoFlex. I have taken tons of whey protein over the years, from 100% Gold Standard, to Myofusion to Whey Hydrobuilder. Out of all the whey proteins I have used this protein (IMO) is the very best in just about every category.
      Mixability – 9/10
      I gotta say I had no complaints here. Generally I like to take my whey with some skim milk as I think it tastes better. There was no problems at all mixing this with milk. It seemed to bled seamlessly in. A few times I mixed it with water, no issues there either. Gaspari Myofusion mixed pretty well, this is right on par with that whey when it comes to mixing. I didn't give this a 10 here cause I tried mixing it in the blender, idk if I put too many things in there or what (I put some strawberries, bananas etc) but there were little clumps; nothing major just something to note.

Contents – 9/10
      There ingredient profile for IsoFlex pretty much covers everything you want in a whey protein shake. In one scoop there is 115 calories, none of which come from fat and only 1 gram of carbs. There is 30 grams of Essential Amino Acids and Branched Chain Amino Acids which is nice. There is 27 grams of protein per scoop which is an adequate amount IMO. Its not too much protein, or its not little. I really dislike some of those proteins out there that have 60 grams of protein per serving.....chances are you are not going to digest all 60 grams. The 27 grams of protein don't just come from one source, they come from whey protein isolate, alpha lactalbumin rich whey peptides, hydrolyzed and cross flow microfiltered whey protein isolate.
      Taste – 9/10
      The taste is very very good, it doesn't taste all chemically or artificially flavored. I know I said this before in my MyoFusion review but "Im not going to lie here, this is prob one of the best tasting proteins on the market." This is to date the best tasting protein I have had, with ON's Hydrowhey Turbo Chocolate coming in at a close second, and MyoFusion at third. I really don't know what to say here, the taste all around. Clearly we are not taking protein shakes for the taste....but it's a nice thing that it does taste good.
      Effectiveness – 10/10
      When I took this I felt like my recovery went up. It was like I was taking Modern BCAA or RecoverPro. I felt less sore the next day. I put on some muscle when I took this, but I also was taking creatine and, Super Pump Max. I did put on some muscle, but idk if all those gains were directly from this product. I def think it helped with my muscle recovery, which in itself could have helped build muscle by repairing it after a tough day in the gym.

Value – 8/10
      So you can get a 2lb tub which is 30 servings will cost you around 32 bucks. A 1.75lb tub of Hydrowhey will cost you the same price but you will only get 20 servings. Sure you could get a 2.b tub of Dymatize Elite Whey for around 24 bucks but in every way shape and form is this a better whey protein than Elite Whey. I wouldn't call this the most economical protein on the market, and it sure as heck isn't the most expensive; but if you look at the quality to price ratio, this is actually the best bang for your buck.

Overall – 9/10
      So I would have given this a 10/10 but idk there might be something better out there that I haven't tried. This product has excelled far beyond my expectations in every category. This is something I will continue to use in the future and would def recommend to anyone.

August 15, 2011

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Tastes Unreal
      • Mixes Great
      • No Bloating
        IsoFlex is one product that I have been wanting to review for some time now, and it has definitly been given a fair trial in all aspects of the following review.

-Mixability/Texture: 9.5/10
        Absolutely no issues here when it comes to mixing without clumping which is always a huge plus. I'll go as far as saying that next to Optimum's 'instantized' protein powders, this is one of the easiest to mix proteins out there. My only complaint is that when using in a traditional shaker, it can get a little foamy, but that quickly diminishes if you let it sit for a minute or two.

-Ingredient Profile: 9.8/10
        The ingredient profile is outstanding, containing whey protein isolate and hydrolyzed whey protein isolate. A big plus is that it's cold exchange processed rather than ion exchanged. It also has the added bonus of alpha-lactalbumin-rich whey peptides, colostrum, added glutamine and a very thorough amino acid profile. A very well put together product indeed.

-Taste: 9.7/10
        I was very pleased with all of the flavors of IsoFlex. Chocolate Peanut Butter was by far my favorite. It was sweetened just enough, had a nice, light peanut butter flavor and mini chocolate chips were icing on the cake. The Chocolate mint was very lightly flavored with a pleasing hint of mint. The vanilla was just as you would expect it to be without being overly sweet like other vanilla proteins. Strawberry was a little disappointing as I felt that it was underflavored. It wasn't bad by any means, but it certainly wasn't as good as some of the other strawberry flavors I've had.

-Effectiveness: 9.7/10
        I used this protein in nearly any situation you could imagine. Upon waking, the light texture is pleasant if you have a sensitive stomach in the morning, and between meals it certainly won't weigh you down. One of my favorite applications was using it as a part of my custom lean gainer shakes as and even when mixed with oatmeal powder, I didn't have any stomach discomfort. I also used it as a post workout protein when I was cycle off of creatine and the recovery was right where I expected it to be. Certainly a very versatile and effective protein.

-Value: 9.3
        This protein is priced right on par with many of the other top proteins on the market, so I'm not sure why people are complaining about the taste. Even if it were a few dollars more, I would still consider it to be a good value as it's a high quality product and I feel the price is justified.

-Overall: 9.6/10
        I was very pleased with this product and would highly recommend that if you are looking to shake up your current supplement stack that you give this product a go. It's versatility, ingredient profile, effectiveness and taste make this a very solid overall product from a company that somewhat flies under the radar.

-AP

June 17, 2011

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Tastes Unreal
        • Mixes Great
        • No Bloating
        • No Aftertaste
        • Lil Pricey
        I have completed a few tubs of this, and have been waiting to review it, so here goes:

Value: 7/10. There are cheaper protein blends, but there are still aspects of this that make it worth it. I believe that it came down to around a dollar-ish a serving, which isn't bad at all.

Taste: 10/10. This is the easy one. Chocolate is dang good, but Chocolate Peanut Butter? Oh God. Its SO good. I literally look forward to it after my workout. To me, it tastes liek a Reeses Cup, and is helped by chunks of chocolate in it.

Mixibility: 10/10. It mixes very well and easily, and even after sitting in a fridge for a few hourse, is good to go after a couple of shakes.

Effectiveness: 9/10. Here is the one aspect that MAY dissapoint you about this product. It has 27g protein 1g carbs. Now, if you are bigger, you can probably digest 30-40g (correct me if I'm wrong) protein in a sitting, and after a workout, your muscles need both carbs and fat, in order to recover and build new cells.

This protein does not supply that. HOWEVER. Do what I do, and mix it in milk, and.... VOILA!!! Not only does it taste like something that you get at Jamba Juice, but you get essential carbs and fat for your muscles, as well as some casein proteins that milk has in it.

Conclusion: 9/10. This protein may not be the fanciest, most extreme, loaded up protein powder out there. But mixed with milk, a heaping scoop, along with a healthy diet, is (IMO) all that you need. The only real issue here is the price, which may initially scare people off from buying this. I definately reccommend trying it, though.

May 20, 2011

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Tastes Unreal
        • Mixes Great
        • No Bloating
        • 000mg Amino Acids
        • Lil Pricey
        When I first tried IsoFlex, I managed to get my hands on two samples (one chocolate, the other chocolate PB. As far as I know AllMax is a fairly small company (maybe they're just new), since I don't see their products making very many waves like O.N.'s Plat. Hydrowhey. hat being said I was kinda skeptical as to just how good this product would be because I don't know the brand.

I'm happy to say I'm about as pleasantly surprised as I could be. Normally I'd think peanut butter flavor in a protein shake was kinda odd but literally they both taste better than any protein supp. I've tried.

It's thin like chocolate milk, goes down smooth, no aftertaste, and considerably more protein per one scoop serving(27 grams) than any other protein I've seen.

One of the best parts I think is the amount of amino acids per serving. It's significantly higher than most other proteins (for those who care, Healthy n' Fit Whey Pro Amino DOES have a bit more) which is what helped me push through my workouts and gave me a good recovery.

As a powerlifter I know I prolly won't be using this very often -mainly when I want to Lean Out for summer or if my bulking diet is giving me a bit too much fat. Regardless this is for sure my top pick for a whey isolate.

Remember, you DO pay a premium for such a good protein. This is not a 23 or 24 dollar protein. At the store that I work at this stuff costs 40 bucks for a small tub (the one pictured here) which is damn expensive for me. If you can get it cheaper though I'd definitely get it.