CVol Reviews

By: AllMax

CVol is a Post-Workout Protein Supplement manufactured by AllMax. It is designed to feed the muscles with protein, carbs and amino acids immedaitely following a workout to assist in muscle recovery and growth.

Overall
Overall
  June 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fuller Muscles
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Mixability
  • No BCAA EEA In A Post Workout

I am not that easily stunned by creatine. It's an effective supplement for sure but I always believed the difference between creatines were not that big..until I discovered c:vol. Not sure how this stacks up against other post-workouts as it does not contain BCAA's.

35 years old financial auditor trying to balance life with three kids and a busy job. Trying to get in some quality time at the gym in the meantime. When I manage to squeeze in some gym time I can use all the supplement help that's out there.
First of all thanks to the SR troops and Clipper for the bounty (oldscool). Creatine is one of the supplements on which everybody agrees on the proven effectiveness. Clipper83 sent me C:vol from the oldscool bounty system. I have seen this product before and it looked quite interesting. Never got around to buying it so this bounty was a great opportunity to finally give it a try.

The ingredient profile is aimed at post workout recovery.
5 g of a Creatine Chelate Complex
Creatine MagnaPower (Ionically-Bund Creatine Magnesium Chelate), 1950mg
Creatine Monohydrate (Highly-pure, Bonded-form), 1850mg, Creatine HCl
750mg, Creatine Anhydrous 450mg
2.5 g Taurine
1 g L-Carnitine L-Tartrate
1 g Betaine and
800 mg Beta-Alanine (Carnosyn);
Some ingredients are added to improve the creatine absorption
Prickly pear extract, bitter melon extract , cinnamon bark extract (84,41,30mg)
Sugar free and carb free

A creatine blend of 5 grams, That's a good amount of creatine with the specific benefits of the various types of creatine. Creatine magnapowder is a patented form of creatine which combines creatine and magnesium chelate for maximum uptake, Monohydrate is the most proven form of creatine, creatine HCI is the most soluble form of creatine and creatine base is the most pure form of creatine. While I think everyone has its own preference, all forms provide some sort of benefit so why not throw them all in one blend. Some people believe creatine has a loading phase in which a greater amount of creatine is consumed to start with, some people use a great amount of creatine every day. For me personally, this blend of 5g a day did the trick and provided some great results.

The other ingredients combined in C:Vol makes this a nicely composed post workout. You are getting a lot more than just creatines. Taurine helps with the cramping., increases blood flow. While I mostly know this from a pre of intra workout it has benefits post workout too. The suggested dose is between 500mg and 2g, the upper limit for toxicity is much higher. One could safely use 3g a day. 2,5 g is in the upper range which is great.
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate is a supposedly potent form of L-carnitine. The standard dose for L-carnitine is between 500-2,000mg. reduces doms ant tons of other proven benefits.
Betaine should increase muscle strength and muscle protein synthesis. Scientific evidence is somewhat ambiguous so the dosage is too. 1g is a fairly common amount|
Beta alanine is mostly used in pre workout products, but usage is actually not dependent on timing. Increases muscular endurance, increases lean mass. Large doses of beta-alanine may result in a (harmless) tingling feeling which I read about a lot on SR. never experienced it before myself. Carnosyn is a patented version. I believe 800mg is a fairly low dose (for a pre workout). Not sure how this would hold in a post workout which C:vol is
Prickly pear extract, bitter melon extract , cinnamon bark extract should all increase absorption of creatine by reducing blood sugar and increase the uptake of nutrients. The optimal dosage is not really clear, as is scientific proof.

The taste is just great. I got the raspberry kiwi kamikaze which tastes like a fresh raspberry, not that much kiwi. Scooping works just fine. The powder is super fine and resolves just great. No clumping, no foam whatsoever.

The effectiveness section of this review is short, it works and it works better than other creatines I have used. I noticed some good results with creatine before and actually was quite happy with them, until I discovered C:Vol which proved to be even better. I experienced an increase in strength as I was able to add some extra kg's to my normal routine. I also noted a visible increase in the fullness of my muscles. Where C:Vol really shined was the decreased recovery time and reduction in doms.

Allmax C:vol can be bought for 19 dollars. The standard (non-sale) price ranges from this 19 dollars at one particular online store to 30 dollars others which is really strange. Considering the 19 dollar price, one serving of c:vol will cost you 63 cents. This is just a little money. for a creatine (blend) this can be considered a bit pricey. For a post workout this is actually pretty cheap, but there's no BCAA's. I pondered hard how to rate this. Considering the ingredients, the purpose and the effectiveness my opinion is that 19 dollars is a very good price.

Side Effects

None. Not even at two scoops.

Conclusion

An elite creatine with some added (patented) ingredients that delivers compared to your regular creatines. Seems like a steep price for just creatine, but then again you are getting way more. I you are into buying quality you should give c:vol a try. If you want a full all in one post workout experience i suggest throwing in some BCAA / EEA and you are good to go.