AllWhey Classic Reviews

By: AllMax

Protein > Whey Protein
AllWhey Classic is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by AllMax. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

January 3, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • New Formula Does Not Taste Good
I've been buying allwhey for 2.5 years and since they've changed their formula (probably around mid 2013) I would like to post a review.

This new formula is WAY TOO SWEET and tastes like the chocolate is cut with vanilla. I have to chug it because it's gotten that bad, my friends agree. Chemical-like aftertaste probably due to the new sweeteners. The smell is much less chocolate than before.

Mixes fine in a shaker cup, only a few clumps

Ingredients are pretty middle of the road. They stopped putting the amino acid profile on the jugs so likely it's less than it was or no longer competitive.

I can no longer recommend AllMax Allwhey and their customer service seems non-existent. I've sent AllMax support an email with some comments/questions and if they had any insight on my experiences as a long time customer. It was ignored. This is the third time I've been ignored by AllMax in the past 2 years.

I used to tell friends about it because it tasted good, mixed well and was my overall pick in value whey blends. Sadly that's no longer the case and I need to find a new whey.

How did you discover SR?
-google

What prompted you to write this review?
--long time buyer now strongly dislikes new *unannounced* formula

What other similar products have you used and how do they compare?
--mutant whey, isoflex, ON. all taste better but more money (except mutant).

How long have you taken this product?
--years

What was your diet/exercise routine like before/after/during your use of the product?
--typical 3 day split, clean slow bulk diet

Were the results what you had expected?
--yes, untill the unannounced formula change

How many pounds of muscle/fat did you gain/lose?
--about 20 over 2.5 ish years but that's not really applicable to just a whey supp.

Were there any negative side-effects?
--i plug my nose when i drink it

How could this product be improved?
--back to old formula, less chemical sweeteners

Will you use it again? Why/why not?
--Nope. overly sweet, chocolate tastes more like a vanilla chocolate blend. no support from allmax.

July 12, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Good
  • Satisfaction
    Well boys and girls this is my first shot at a "real" review so put on your seat belts, and here we go.

Overall: I give this stuff a 9 due to the price which I will get to later. I got a 5lb tub of this stuff without tasting it before hand. I can say that I was intrigued by All Max as a company beacuase they appeared to bring something different to the table.

Effectiveness: 9
    It is hard for me to rate the effectiveness of any "protein" supplement as I am of the belief that real food is always better. Now that being said, it did not give me any digestive problems, and it mixed very well in a shaker cup.

Value: 10
    Like I said above I got the big bucket 5lb. for $29.99. Now that is a very good value for the qualityh of protein. I would put it up there with Champion Sports nutrition.

So that is my best effort for now I hope to get better in the future.