SportBiotic Reviews

By: AI Sports Nutrition

SportBiotic is a Digestive Health Product manufactured by AI Sports Nutrition. It helps the body to regulate and maintain a healthy digestive function state.

9.2
  March 28, 2016

• Loose Stools Aka Too Effective

-----
Update 04/07/2016:
It has been a bit longer from finishing this product, and everything is back to normal in terms of frequency and movements etc..
-----

Introduction + Supplement Facts
When this product came up available to claim I was very excited for more so eager to test it out. I typically have a Prebiotic supplement daily or as needed, which is typically insoluble fiber via chicory root extract thot. It is very convenient for me in this form do to evening from gummies which I take at night, or from Fiber One bars UTC during the day. Of course this is not the recommended pressure men for getting your daily fiber needs comma but depending on my diet it could be much needed. Well all this is to say I decided to try this product due to the probiotic ingredients comma to see if I could rely on it in my needs to be more effective in my digestive system vs. Prebiotic. Check out the other reviews as per the ingredient label, because there wasn't a whole lot I could find in regards to these dosages.

The dosing instructions indicate to take 1-2 tablets a day, where I started taking it at 1 tablet a day and advanced to 2 tablets to increase effectiveness and eventually went down to 1 tablet as it became too effective..

Effectiveness 9.2/10
Well what can I say guys and gals, I certainly had high hopes for this product but feel that it never was a good experience in terms of effectiveness. It certainly did increase my number of bowel movements, which I would believe the digestive enzymes assisted in processing the food more effectively breaking it down and also the probiotic with the healthy bacteria being available to do their job (increasing my bacteria count as well). Now in terms of actual bowel movements or stools, with all poop jokes aside.. It was not very pleasant in my experience. I initially stopped taking my fiber supplements, and did not increase my dietary fiber.. then I tried increasing my dietary fiber to combat the very loose stools and lowering the dosage to only 1 tablet daily, which did not seem to help much. Eventually I tried increasing my dietary fiber along with adding back in my supplemental fiber, which seemed to help to some degree but wasn't completely effective at retaining my stools in normal form. Now I understand the loose stools while they were unpleasant, this product actually was more effective in breaking down my food or assisting in the bacteria that help break down the food. But at the end of the day it wasn't very pleasant with the increased bowel movements, loose stools, chalky tasting tablets, and overall difficulty digesting or taking this supplement due to needing to be on empty stomach for best survivability of the live cultures in this supplement. Now I have been off this supplement for over a week now, where my diet has been maintained and I am just now starting to see more of a solid stool, but I am not quite there yet. So what does that mean? That means this product was indeed effective in increasing the number of healthy bacteria in my digestive tract, but ultimately it comes down to was it comfortable for me to take?

Value 8.4/10
The lowest I could find this online was $13 on Amazon for the 60 tablets, which comes out to $0.22 cents a serving. This is a good value, and since it was effective it is affordable and worth purchasing if and when needed..

Overall Conclusion 7.6/10
As mentioned above this product was indeed effective in my experience, but the unpleasantness in the nature of a probiotic was not really acceptable to me. With a healthy individual which I will claim myself as being, I was regular more so than normal people but I count that due to my 6-8 meals eaten daily.. So I would certainly recommend this product along with many other probiotic supplements to those that are not regular, but I would suggest that you would start with increasing your dietary fiber or supplemental fiber in hopes of feeding those healthy bacteria in your digestive system rather than creating more as a Probiotic does. I want to thank AI sports for providing Sportbiotic for review, and I highly suggest you read the other reviews on this site to see if this supplement is right for you.
  • Strawberry: 5/10

March 20, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy Dosing Schedule
  • Tastes Good
  • Chaulky - Briefly Sticks To Teeth
First off I want to thank AI Sports for letting us Troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This was my first time using a probiotic product like this. After reading up on what this type of product is suppose to do it got my interest and I figured I would give it a try. Probiotic's are suppose to help you with any gut issues, help you poo more, produce good bacteria in your system, and help improve your immune system.

Ingredients:
Most of the ingredients in this I was very unfamiliar with or really knew what all they were suppose to do for you. With a little research I was able to find out a little about them. This is made up of mainly a lactobacillius blend consisting of Acidophilus, Casei, Plantarum, and Rhamnosus. Lactobacillius is the good bacteria and that helps fight off the bad bacteria. This also helps with gut issues, helps with digestion, and helps prevent diarrhea.

Value:
The cheapest I could find this was on lockoutsupplements.com for $24.99 for 60 tablets. I don't think that's to bad a price for a product like this. If you were like me that used 2 tablets a day then the value dose drop a little but still not a bad price.

Taste:
I never knew this came in three flavors and when I summited my order for this, I found out afterwards this came in three flavors vanilla ice cream, chocolate, and strawberry. I was not sure what flavor they would send me ( since I did not get to choose my flavor) and they sent me the vanilla ice cream. It does have that vanilla ice flavor to it but also has a real chalky taste to it. This flavor is not bad but the chalky aftertaste it has kind of ruins it a little bit. I also noticed it did stick a little to my teeth and roof of my mouth which I did not like so much. It's not bad flavor wise just wish they could get rid of that chalky taste it has.

Mixing/Dosing:
Nothing to mix since these come in tablet form. It says to take these 1-2 times a day. I would always start off right away in the morning taking 1 tablet. Then later in the afternoon/evening I would take my second tablet. I figured since there are 60 tablets in this I would take 2 tablets a day and get a full months use out of this.

A product like this can be a little difficult to judge on how it's working because it does a lot of internal things for you. One of the big things this is suppose to help with is any gut issues you may have. This is not something I deal with a real lot but I feel this only helped lesson those issues even more. This is suppose to produce good bacteria and help to fight against any bad bacteria you may have. By doing so I feel that my immune system was greatly improved. When I first started taking this I had just started to get a little bit of a cold. I had the sore throat crud and I feel this helped me get over it a lot sooner and helped me avoid any other types of stuff like runny nose and bad cough that goes a long with colds. I noticed my digestion was better and had to make a lot more trips to the bathroom. This I feel helped improve my nutrient utilization because of how my stool looked. I noticed when I would use the bathroom I always seem to get rid of a lot more stool than normal. It's seemed like it was always a lot more softer stool I had. A lot of the times in the morning shortly after I took my first tablet it always made me feel like I had to get to the bathroom right away. On AI Sports website they explain on there why this is a little different than regular probiotic. They call this sportbiotic because it is gear more towards athletes. This is suppose to help optimize hormone levels and lose fat.

Side Effects:
Nothing really. The only issue maybe would be the more bathroom breaks you may need to take.

Overall:
I really enjoyed this product a lot. Now that I know better what a product like this is and what it is suppose to do I feel it should be something I use a lot more often. At times it was kind of hard to tell if it was working or not but I could always notice by when I would use the bathroom. If you have any kind of gut or digestive issues I would for sure give this a try. Also if you just want some overall better health I would recommend this also. I could see myself using this again in the future if I start to have any gut or digestive issues. Again thanks AI Sports for letting me have the chance to give this product a try.
  • Vanilla Ice Cream: 8/10

March 18, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Delicious
  • Easy Dosing Schedule
  • Chaulky - Briefly Sticks To Teeth

Before I start I want to thank AI Sports Nutrition for giving me the opportunity to review Sportbiotic. I've used many AI Sports Nutrition products in the past and seen good results. However this was my first time taking a probiotic product other than using a strict fiber supplement. During the duration of my review I was training 5 days a week focusing on strength gains.

The main component to the ingredient profile is a Lactobacillus blend. Lactobacillus is the most commonly used probiotic, or "good" bacteria used to fight off bad bacteria. General uses are used for maintaining digestive health, vaginal infections, prevention of diarrhea and etc.

The blend consists of different 4 Lactobacillus species:
*Acidophilus
*Casei
*Plantarum
*Rhamnosus

Lactobacillus sources are found in your digestive system or in foods like milk and yogurt.

Taste - I received the Chocolate flavor and must say this tasted like candy. Every morning I was looking forward to taking my chewable tablets not only for my digestive health but also for its taste. I gave this a 9/10

Mixability - There is no mixability as you're eating chewable tablets. However the only possible negative would be the chalky consistency once you chewed it up. It stuck to my teeth and the roof of my mouth.

Dosing - As for dosing I took 1 chew-able tablet first thing in the morning for 2 weeks before upping the dose to 2 tablets. The bottle suggests taking 1-2 tablets per day as needed.

For a lot of other reviewers this was hard to judge but i've had nagging digestive problems all of my life. I've seen doctors and specialists about my digestive problems and usually the problem is solved for a short amount of time. I felt the effectiveness after a week, I was taking more bathroom visits than usual. To be honest this generated some clogging moments lol, but its nothing to complain about. I usually have stomach pains after eating certain foods and for the most part those pains were subsided. As for this helping with nutrition breakdown, I could definitely tell just by looking at my stools.

You can find bottles of AI Sports Nutrition on Amazon for $13 right now. Per tablet your only paying around .22 cents or .44 cents for two tablets. This is a great deal on Amazon considering other retailers are selling this for around $30 or .50 cents (+.28 cents) a tab.

Side Effects

Nothing negative to note - as expected more frequent poo's

Conclusion

Overall I was really impressed by this product and consider probiotics to be a bigger staple in my supplement stack. Although this didn't make my stomach/digestive pains go away, I could definitely tell this helped a lot. I want to thank AI Sports Nutrition again for participating in the SR Troop Program.
  • Chocolate: 9/10

September 14, 2015

• Improved Bathroom Regularity
    Big shout out and "thanks" to the AI reps for the handful of products they send out.

A couple of my buddies (just one actually) has been saying he believes that people don't think of probiotics highly enough, and that he himself prioritizes it above most other supplements. He says he knows what he's talking about, so I decided to revisit probiotics. This time, with a slightly different outlook.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: B
    The main attraction for Sportbiotic seems to be this Lactobacillus. The "Probiotic Blend" is made up entirely of Lactobacillus variants, totaling 125mg (not including two other variants outside the blend). In general, Lactobacillus is shown to help with digestion among other areas. As to what the optimal dose is, I really don't know. I couldn't find much of an answer. Given that most of the research done on it indicates that it is "more than likely" effective, I trust.

DOSING: A
    One tablet daily was the recommended dose, but it was stated that two can be taken on a daily basis, with or without food. Personally, I usually chomped on these with breakfast or first thing in the morning. Either or, worked just fine for me.

TASTE: A
    I received the (apparently) limited edition "Strawberry" flavor. It's been forever and a day since I've used chew-ables, and it was a pleasant change of pace. Tasted pretty damn good.

EFFECTIVENESS: A
    In general, I do believe products like these are difficult to judge. Effectiveness, in my opinion, would only be noticeable if one's diet is less-than optimal. Well, my diet has been less-than optimal in recent months. Bowl movements were, interesting leading up to my run with Sportbiotic. On Sportbiotic, my bowl movements were much better. Smoother, easier, regular, and after each one I felt lighter and slimmer. A good poo goes a long way.
    As for the other claims, save for the immune system it's hard to tell.

VALUE: A
    Price seems to range between $40 and $24 for one 60ct bottle, depending on where you shop (naturally). At one tablet per day, that's a pretty good deal. From my own personal experience, that seems to be about the average for decent probiotics for the prices closer to and lower than $30.

OVERALL: A
    A good poo and healthy tummy really do go a long way. The ingredient profile is backed by studies and is partially disclosed, it tastes good, it's easy to take, and the price is right.
    • Strawberry: 9/10

July 16, 2015

Claims

---------------
    Promotes digestive and immune health. Helps hormone optimization, reduce bloating, increase fat loss, reduce gastrointestinal stress caused by excess protein, optimize nutrient absorption and insulin sensitivity.

Ingredients

----------
    There are a lot of foreign sounding ingredients in this probiotic mix, but one that is repeated quite often for over 50% of the blend is Lactobacillus. This is a common and highly researched type of bacteria in which there are several different species of. These friendly bacteria normally live in our digestive, urinary, and genital systems and are found in foods like yogurt. At the proper dose, it's most effective at preventing diarrhea and though reported to be possibly ineffective, is also used to help with other general digestion problems like IBS, Chrohns, ulcers and UTIs. It is also used to boost the immune system to prevent the common cold, respiratory infections, skin disorders, high cholesterol and lactose intolerance.

Dosage

---------------
    Directions: Take 1 tablet, 1-2 times a day as needed.

As the directions did not state when to take the dose, I did a little online research and found that the ideal time is first thing in the morning when your stomach is the least acidic. How important that is, I am unsure, but it makes sense to give the digestive enzymes as much a chance of survival as possible on their way to your intestinal tract.

I initially started off with 1 tab for the first 2-3 weeks and then moved to 2 tabs for the remainder of the bottle after not noticing any benefit.

Taste / Mixing

------
    Sportbiotic comes in 3 flavors: Strawberry, Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream. I received chocolate and though its texture was chalky and stuck in my teeth, I found it to be very tasty and easy to down 2 tablets first thing each morning before my standard coffee protein shake. The residual amount that did stick in my teeth dissolved quickly and was gone by the time my morning shake was finished so that really wasnt an issue.

-------
    As I consider myself quite healthy in the gastrointestinal department, this was a tough supplement to judge for effectiveness. My normal diet is usually healthy and consistent so therefore also are my bathroom habits. With that being said, my experience with these types of products is very limited and I would certainly weigh someone elses opinion who has a known GI issue much higher than my own.

Science says while using these probiotics I optimized my nutrient absorption and I guess that was apparent with the quality of my stool and the increased bathroom visits I experienced. This makes me feel that for someone who is not regular might benefit greatly from this product.

Unfortunately I forgot to bring Sportbiotic on my recent vacation and found my stool to be much harder and irregular. However, Im sure the majority of this can be blamed on the standard hotel, amusement park and restaurant lifestyle changes.

I should also add that the healthy bacteria in your intestines is reported to be destroyed when using antibiotics so it would be very beneficial to replace them once you were finished with that medication.

Sides

----------------
    Nothing negative with the gastrointestinal system

----------------
    At the time of this writing the cheapest I could find Sportbiotic was $31 for a 60 tablet bottle on AllStarHealth.com. At 2 tabs a day, youll get a one month supply for roughly a dollar a day. I feel this is very cheap insurance for improved nutrient absorption and GI health.

Final Words

--------
    A quality probiotic may be as important, if not more, than your daily multi-vitamin. Its certainly an inexpensive way to ensure your body functions at a higher level to absorb not only the high quality nutrients of a healthy diet, but also all those other important supplements you take on a daily basis. For that reason alone I say its certainly worth a shot. You have absolutely nothing to lose as the overall body benefits you may experience are possibly endless. After all I have learned, I wont be without some type of quality digestive enzyme ever again and I highly suggest you do the same.

June 15, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Aids Immunity
    • Tastes Good
    • Maybe Too Much In The Product To Have Enough Effectiveness

Thanks to the ER program, I was able to try out AI Sports Nutrition's Sportbiotic. I was sent the Vanilla Ice Cream chewable tablets and took it daily along with my other morning supplements. I have tried a lot of GI products in the past and continued taking all of my regular medications, supplements, and diet/training.

I copied this from the website:

Serving Size: 1-2 Tablets
    Servings Per Container: 60
    Amount Per Serving %DV
    Probiotic Blend 125mg †
    Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus
    Lactobacillus Paracasei 100mg †
    Amylase 50mg †
    Bromelain 50mg †
    Lactase 50mg †
    Lipase 50mg †
    Lactobacillus Reuteri 20mg †
    † Daily Value not established.
    Other Ingredients:
    Xylitol, Natural Flavors, Stearic Acid, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Stevia Leaf Extract, Silicon Dioxide.
    Contains: Milk.

My initial thoughts on this were that the probiotics are very promising, and even though this is a blend without specific amounts of either probiotic in the blend, I really did not care to know how much of either are in there. Most of the OTC products with blends or even just one type of probiotic I have seen tend to be patended individual strains, and they are usually measured in "IU" or "billions of cells" per serving. I do not know how this manufacturer would measure/compare the amount of probiotics per tablet, as these tablets' ingredients are in milligrams.

What is nice, is that it gives you a list of everything, the website explains how each of these may help GI function, immunity, motility, absorption, etc. and the first one "Lactobacillus Acidophilus" is one of the most familiar probiotics that people have probably heard of.

Other ingredients, like the amylase(catalyst for starch breakdown into sugar), lactase (enzyme to breakdown lactose sugar), lipase (helps fat digestion), bromelain (helps protein digestion), should theoretically all help the GI process further.

I like the use of Xylitol and stevia for sweeteners, and the word "natural" flavorings.
    I EXPECTED A LOT FROM THIS! And I was nervous that by having SO MUCH in their product, they weren't able to put enough of any singular probiotic to make this as effective as some of the other probiotics in the market that have a few or even just one probiotic strain in their product. I also did not see anywhere that this needed or recommended to be stored in the refrigerator and I have always been someone to believe that the best probiotics are delicate and should be stored in refrigerated temperatures once the product has been opened to keep them as active as possible; maybe the probiotic game is advancing..who knows..

This tasted pretty close to a vanilla ice cream (as it should) and it was kind of candy-like. It was mild, chewed up and dissolved a bit in the mouth and went down the hatch really easily. No funky aftertaste or burping it back up.

I started with just one tablet as the label suggests 1-2 tablets as needed, but after the first month or so I increased this to 2 tablets in the morning.

I too this along with my morning whey and breakfast. It was really easy to take and because it was tasty, I give the company props for making this something I looked forward to taking.

This was a big let down for me. The website totes that a lot of the probiotics in the blend have been used in research to show improvement in GI function and nutrition function for individuals with IBS. I did not notice any help with my digestion after taking it for a few weeks, so I then increased the daily intake to 2 tablets daily. After the last few weeks, I have to be honest that I did not see any noticeable increase in my GI motility, nor any overall improvement to my gut function in general.
    If I ate something that gassed me out, I was just as gassy/bloated. If I thought my gut was slow, this didn't speed it up at all.

I can say that while using this I (as many of us do) couldn't always get all the rest and recovery I wanted and taxed my body physically. I did not get sick at all (like a cold or gut bug or anything), so I can say that this might have helped me in the immune aspect, which is greatly influenced from your gut.

Depending on your probiotic needs, this could last you 30-60 days. Current prices for just one bottle are:
    Amazon $37.99
    BB.com $35.69
    AI Sports Nutrition website $25.99 (and if you get two or three bottles at once, the deals are steeper)

So overall, this can be just over $1 a day to much, much less if it lasts you the full 60 days. For digestive supplements, this really is very cost effective for one tablet a day dosing, sompared to other big names out there (ie. Align, Culterelle, etc)

Side Effects

No side effects were noted from this product.

Conclusion

I can't say that this delivered for me what I was hoping it was. I am a completely biased user though, as my IBS is really not all that well controlled (and is actually being overseen by a gastroenterologist), and I do not respond as well to GI products as most other people do. The fact that I did see potential immune perks from this was very nice. It tasted great and this company has put some other great products out I have tried and heard about. If you are looking for a probiotic and find this as a deal, it would be worth you giving a shot, but if you have any GI issues and are looking for something to really improve your gut, this just wasn't enough to do that for me.