LCLT Reviews

By: AI Sports Nutrition

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
LCLT is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by AI Sports Nutrition. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Super Duper Cheap
  • 100 Day Supply
  • Powder Gets Rock Hard
  • Split Dosage
  • Doesn't Make You Look Like Phil Heath
What's up SR homies! Time for Akira to pop his review cherry and write my first review ever! I've actually never followed any forums in my life, and I'm honored to say that SR is the first site that I've followed and want to give something back. I chose AI Sports L-Carnitine L-Tartrate because this is a LARGELY overlooked product. It seems as if so many people use it and yet there is barely any information on it. Its time for me to drop the bomb.

=============================================

--What is it?--
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate is simply amino acid L-Carnitine (found naturally in foods) bonded with tartrate to increase bioavailability. It is usually marketed as a fat loss agent, helping to metabolize fat but the benefits don't stop there. It is an antioxidant, used to combat fatigue, muscle weakness, and improve IGF-1 levels. LCLT research (that I've found on pubmed) shows that supplementing 2g's a day for 3 weeks in ten HEALTHY adults (not rats, and not fattie unmobile adults, this was tested with people that already work out) lead to reduced exercise-induced tissue damage, higher hormone levels and increase recovery. Bottom line: it works.

A simple google search will reveal all kinds of products that include LCLT, one of the famous one's being USPlabs TEST POWDER that seems to be all the hype right now. That's cool in all, but I don't dig the proprietary blends and I think the benefit of getting a plain bulk powder is you get EXACTLY what you order.

AI Sports L-Carnitine L-Tartrate is a one-size, 300gram container of LCLT that comes in a black tub (like...a little smaller than the size of the modernBCAA container) with a 1 gram mini scooper.

--Dosing (8.5/10)--
AI LCLT is a plain powder, very grainy and dry, dosed best at 1 gram doses either 2 or 3 times throughout the day. I personally do 3 grams every day 30 minutes before breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I've tried doing all 3 grams at one time, 2 grams pre and 1 gram post, I don't think I saw too much of a difference but splitting up the dose seemed to work slightly better. One problem I found is no matter what condition this powder is left in, it starts to harden after few weeks of opening. A oxygen absorber packet being included would have been nice, but its whatever.

--Taste (dont be a little girl/10)--
Taste doesn't really matter to me much, but this tastes very similar to bulk citrulline malate. like sour patch kids powder. i throw it in my mouth and chase it with water, no problemo.

--Effectiveness (8.5/10)--
This is no magic supplement, but it sure does do its job. For all of you that think Test Powder is the hype, I think this supplement definitely gives USP a run for its money. My favorite part is that the longer you run it, the more effective it gets (just like beta alanine and creatine). From the get-go I see effects similar to what I get from dosing ALCAR, better mood/focus and energy from eating foods in general, and slightly more sweating when I work out. For me its always like the 5 day mark of dosing that I start noticing changes in muscle soreness. DOMS were reduced progressively over time. (I've done a couple cycles of this, usually do like 6 weeks on 1 week off). After 2-3 weeks in of dosing, eating healthy, and hard work i eventually notice overall better recomposition of my body (but nothing too crazy, just slightly better?) and I think LCLT is great paired with some hard work. This supplement really wont do anything if you don't have everything in check. But the extra edge it will give you when you have is pretty big in my book. Its a little hard to explain, but for those of you who can tell the subtle difference when using alpha lipoic acid, this product's effects are noticable in that similar subtleness.

--Value(10/10)--
Got it off AI Sports website with a 30% coupon and free product, and they run these deals pretty much all year long. Retail price at bb.com and aihomepage is both 24.99, and with 30% off its about 17. With 300 servings or 100 days worth of product for 17 bucks, how is this NOT a 10. you tell me.

--Overall(9.5/10)--
This is something you can use all year long, use it stand-alone, with test-boosters, whatever to your liking. I have three jars chilling in my room and I think it will be a staple forever. The fact that is such an affordable bulk powder is a win in my book. Sorry my first review sounds a little too desperate like those TBL@ST reviews but I really think this product will be worth the 20$ dent in your wallet. Its my staple after creatine, and the effects are worth the money. Cheers.

Akira

• Daloof911
    October 9, 2012

Nice review dude. SR is also the first forum site that I have joined and routinely checked and I really enjoy it. I have learned so much from here and just learned more through your review.

• Akira
    October 9, 2012

thank you, sir. i struggled a little bit describing the effectiveness but i hope you found some parts of this helpful! thank you