Post-Workout Recovery Reviews

By: Advocare

Post-Workout Recovery is a Post-Workout Protein Supplement manufactured by Advocare. It is designed to feed the muscles with protein, carbs and amino acids immedaitely following a workout to assist in muscle recovery and growth.

Overall
Overall
3.0
  February 23, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Did Aid In Muscle Recovery
  • Doesn't Mix Well
This was my first time using a post recovery supplement and I was using this due to a friend's recommendation. I used to use chocolate milk for my recovery, so that is my basis of comparison. I'm also now using Pro Complex (Optimum). After getting some feedback from other members of this site, the ingredient list pretty much didn't offer a whole lot of value in comparison to the Pro Complex.

Taste - It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't wonderful either. I mixed with water and 2% milk. The water was flat out disgusting. With milk I'd rate it a 5/10 on taste.

Mixibility - I won't use a blender to mix, it's a major hassle. Unfortunately, this is the only way this will properly mix. There's nothing worse than drinking your shake and having to chew it. I'm being nice and rating it 2/10.

Price - It's a bit on the high side. It's probably due to this product being sold through an MLM/affiliate and multiple levels of people needing to make a percentage. Other factors aside, I'm rating this 3/10 on price as it's not really cost effective.

Overall - While it didn't taste all that great, was expensive, and didn't mix worth a crap, I do have to give it some props. It was just as effective as my chocolate milk in regards to muscle recovery. I usually have a pretty high intensity workout, and after I cool down, I usually am sore/stiff. I didn't have these problems while drinking/chewing this product. So for that, I rate it a 4/10 overall.