Joint Fixx Reviews

By: Advanced Muscle Science

FORUM TOPICS
Joint Fixx is a Joint Support Product manufactured by Advanced Muscle Science. It is designed to improve and maintain the health of cartilage, tendons and joints in the body.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Works Fast
  • Joint Support
  • Alleviated Joint Pain
    Joint fixx

With my history of multiple knee surgeries over the last 25 years and the fact that I have developed chronic arthritis in both of my knees, I feel I'm uniquely qualified to review this product. I currently use several different staple supplements for my knees, just to function in daily life: 1500mg glucosamine & 1000 mg chondroitin, 6 grams of fish oil, Orange triad and Krill oil joint support. My doctor won't let me get my knees replaced until I hit 50 years old and I'm not about to quit my job or stop lifting, joint supplements are what keep me from falling off the edge.

Depending on what is going on in my lifting world, I usually add/try something different. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't help and I don't feel a difference. I'm glad to say that joint fixx is a new staple supplement in my day to day stack.

Profile (9)
    300 mg of Avocado- soybean unsaponifiable oil SD
    250 mg Turmeric Extract
    100 mg Hyaluronic acid
    10 mg Piperine

Hyaluronic acid works by acting as a cushion and lubricant in the joints and other tissues. In addition, it might affect the way the body responds to injury. I've tried several bottles on hyaluronic acid in the past from different companies and I've felt little in the way of results. Maybe I under-dosed or didn't take the product long enough but I never felt a difference while or after I used it.

Unsaponifiable compounds in avocado and soybean oils block the production of inflammatory mediators from chondrocytes, macrophages and other specialized cells activated by the immune system. This is significant because inflammatory mediators, such as prostaglandin E2, are the chemicals responsible for causing the inflammation and deterioration of cartilage.

Turmeric has been used in a variety of medical treatments ranging from Alzheimer's to fighting cancer. Turmeric extract has also demonstrated anti-inflammatory properties in cell culture and animal studies. A human study with rheumatoid arthritis sufferers found that two weeks of supplementation with turmeric extract resulted in symptom relief comparable to that provided by two weeks' treatment with the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.

Piperine has shown anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic effects in humans and also increases the bio-availability of other various compounds and alters the effectiveness of some medications. Notably, piperine may enhance bio-availability of curcumin (turmeric) by 2000% in humans.

Effectiveness (9)
    This came as a package deal included in my AMS stack. This stack is filled with stronger supplements that could potentially affect my joints a little more than normal. I initially looked at the profile and didn't think much about it, because my lack of success with plain hyaluronic acid. Within a week of taking it and my joints were smooth as butter. I didn't have to ice my knees after squats or deads. Within 1 week after I finished the bottle the side effects started to kick in. My joints started to swell up and I would have to ice down after lifting, at work and as soon as I got off work. I just got another bottle and I'm currently waiting for my pain and swelling go back down to normal levels. The only thing I wish the added to this is glucosamine. My body responds very well to it and I would like to eliminate a few other pills from my daily regimen.

Price (10)
    I've seen this priced anywhere between $20-30 for a one month supply. Not a bad price for how effective it is. I've paid a lot more for other supplements that didn't work. This is worth the price. I don't think AMS is carried in very many brick and mortar stores, just shop around for the best deal on the net.

Overall (9)
    Out of the whole AMS stack that I've been running for the last 6 weeks this is by far the superstar in the bunch. If you have joint issues, arthritis or anything like that this should be in your shopping cart.

• SoCalLivin
      January 31, 2013

Great review Chef. I've been wanting to see a quality review on this. I'm gonna have to give this stuff a try.

• Frankiemusc

Great review

That didn't come off at all, like a meat head that cooks meats

• Cray
      January 31, 2013

So good I tried to like it twice.

Thanks for the review!

• ron

Awesome review chef!!!!
      Thanks for sharing your excellent perspective.

• chefneilde
      January 31, 2013

Thanks for the kind words.
      It's hard for me to do reviews and to be judged by people who's opinions I respect so much.