Postworkout Reviews

By: Advanced Molecular Labs

Postworkout is a Post-Workout Protein Supplement manufactured by Advanced Molecular Labs. It is designed to feed the muscles with protein, carbs and amino acids immedaitely following a workout to assist in muscle recovery and growth.
6.3

Overall
Overall
6.2
6.8
5.4
  June 21, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Good
  • No Artificial Colorants

I really liked AML's Preworkout which was for me a great first experience witH AML products. That review is here: http://supplementreviews.com/advanced-molecular-labs/preworkout-1/review/high-quality-dosed-pwo-thats-big-strength-aspect-pump-not-much-overall-loved-strength-51671

and so was looking forward to seeing what AMLs Post product could do. Its a pretty simple formula, tastes great, has no artificial colorants, but at $2/serving is just too spendy.

Simple profile: Mg and K electrolytes, 5g leucine (AML does not recommend to take the other two BCAAs post workout), 2.5g betaine and 5g creatine monohydrate.

Product mixed fine with some insoluble remaining which is the creatine mono of course. There is only one flavor - mixed berry - which suits me fine though others may prefer an option. The flavor was not too intense or synthetic tasting and I found it to be excellent. In fact I would give it a 9/10. One of the better tasting supps out there for sure. And definitely a plus point is no artificial colorants.

While I liked AML's Pre, of course its much easier to judge the effectiveness of a pre rather than a post product, and I always take BCAAs intra and post anyway. I should have stopped all BCAA supplementation while i was taking this but I didn't really want to risk getting DOMS and BCAAs are so cheap that I would add them to this product if I were using it anyway. I always throw 5g BCAAs in my intra drink and then add extra to whatever post drink I have. You can buy BCAAs in bulk from several good companies like Myprotein, Bulksupplements at great prices - doesn't make any sense to risk DOMS and not to give your body the best chance of retaining muscle when on a calorie restricted diet. With 5g creatine mono in here I didn't need to take additional creatine of course, although I would prefer the creatine in Post to be the HCL salt for less risk of water retention.

Cheapest I could find this was actually from my favorite supplier Lockout at $39.99 with free shipping. For 20 servings thats $2/serving and just too expensive to justify when:

BCAAs are cheap
Betaine is already in almost every one of the PWOs I use.
Creatine is cheap (and is already in some PWOs at 5g).

Side Effects

Conclusion

Although its too expensive, I did really enjoy drinking it with my post workout meal. Great taste, no artificial colorants, and a good way to get your creatine if you didn't already have it in your PWO. At $1/serving I could be a buyer, but not at double that.
  • Mixed berry: 9/10

Overall
Overall
4.5
  June 8, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Needs More Servings
    • Needs More Ingredients

Post workouts are all the rage, especially when you tend to have DOMS from your workouts and try to workout every day. A solid post is the difference between being fully recovered for another round the next day and having lingering soreness that effects the next days agenda/ A solid post workout is also something that I look forward to trying because you can usually really feel a difference if you have an effective one. This one struck a cord as soon as I saw how basic this profile was. Not that the ingredients were bad or anything....but I digress.

A tub of this product contains 20 single scoop servings each of which include 100mg magnesium, 500mg potassium, 5g Leucine, 5g creatine, and 2.5g Beta Anhydrous. That's it. Again not bad ingredients but my initial reaction was, where is the rest of the profile!! This is supposed to be a post workout! Not to mention, if I am building my own POST, it would surely include double the doses of each of these! I will get to the value later but I was not impressed by this formula.

The mixed berry flavor of this wasn't bad, nothing great tasting but it was a light berry flavor and I generally mixed it with a powdered fat burner that didn't taste great and it eased the pain a bit. It did seem to be a bit foamy and didn't dissolve well but it did the trick and not much residue was left.

The post workout recovery aspects of this product were lackluster. As someone who regularly doses some form of leucine, creatine, and Betaine in roughly double what this product offers, I experienced increased soreness and recovery time. Long story short I felt like you can get a lot better recovery out of a more comprehensive post workout supplement. As a post workout supplement I feel like I shouldn't have to add anything else to it in terms of recovery. It should stand on it's own merits.

The absolute cheapest I could find this product was 39.99 which brings it to $2 bucks a serving for a light dose of three ingredients. I think this value is absolutely horrid. I would not pay half the price for this product.

Side Effects

Disappointment

Conclusion

I could see this profile being marketed by Muscletech as an enhanced creatine supplement and now that I think about it, this is exactly what is added to Optimum nutrition's "hydro whey" to make it "hydrobuilder". Creatine, Betaine, Leucine. This profile is definitely not good enough to stand on its own, ON added the entire thing to their protein profile for goodness sake! And 40 bucks for 20 servings? Get real.
    • Mixed berry: 6/10

5.5
      May 16, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Aids In Recovery
    • Reduces DOMS
    • Needs More Ingredients
    • Needs More Servings

Before I start I want to thank Advanced Molecular Labs for giving me the opportunity to review their products. This is my second product review as I've reviewed Thermo Heat Multi and saw pretty good results using that. While reviewing Advanced Molecular Labs Post-Workout I was training 5 days a week focusing on strength training.

Claim: The Most Revolutionary Post Workout Ever Developed

This is a fully disclosed label that contains five ingredients. Magnesium (Magnesium Citrate) - involved in numerous processes that affect muscle function including oxygen uptake, energy production and electrolyte balance. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17172008

Potassium (Potassium Citrate)- Another electrolyte found in intracellular fluid. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7965369

There are three main ingredients that include L-Leucine, Creatine Monohydrate, and Beta Power. Most individuals know the effects of leucine and creatine in the body. Beta Power or (Beta Anydrous)- A purified form of anhydrous betaine, BetaPower improves physical performance, especially strength, power and muscle endurance. http://www.danisco.com/product-range/betaine/betapowerr/

Taste- I received the Mixed Berry flavor which is the only flavor made right now. The flavor isn't bad, its not overpowering but its kind of watered down no matter how much water I used. There was no bad after taste or bitterness. Overall 6.5/10

Mixability- Overall there were no issues with mixability or settling at the bottom. Also there were no clumps or staining of any kind to my shaker cup. 9/10

Dosing- The dosing protocol was very easy to follow, mix 1 scoop with 12 oz of water or sports drink within 30 min after training. Dosing gets a 10-10

Overall this post-workout was hard for me to review in regards to recovery. Yes the ingredients are clinically dosed however I didn't feel much in terms of recovery or decreased doms. The only noticeable effect was having some energy after training into the next day which I'm guessing is from the betaine. I give effectiveness a 6/10 - it left me wanting more.

The cheapest value I could find for Advanced Molecular Labs Post-Workout was on the Vitamin Shoppe website for $35.99. Per serving your going to pay around $1.80 which is a tad high in my book. For only 20 servings and 3 main ingredients it seems like you can make your own post-workout for less money per serving. If the serving size was 30 servings and a few extra ingredients thrown in then I believe the value would be better.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall this isn't a bad post-workout product but it did leave me wanting more. The ingredients are clinically dosed however I believe there needs to be a few more added in to help with added recovery. If the price point was a bit lower then I would buy this product otherwise I'm making my own or looking somewhere else.
    • Mixed berry: 6/10

Overall
    Overall
    5.4
    5.7
    5.6
      April 24, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Aids In Recovery
    • Reduces DOMS
    • Tastes Good
    • Needs More Ingredients

Whats up SR another review here. First off thank you SR and AML for providing me the opportunity for me to try this product. A little background, I am into powerlifting and supplementation. I train for big numbers on the big three and accessory exercises to make that weight go up. I am also a steelworker, while I make good money at a job I hope my boys won't have to work at it is extremely labor intensive. Average day consists of me deadlifting 465 lbs for two reps of 5-6 sets, benching 300+ lbs for triples, and than pulling a ten-twelve hour shift picking up metal parts, stabilizing an overhead crane, and tarping flat bed trucks. My body goes thru punishment every day and I am on the ever lasting search for any types of supplements that will aid in recovery.

I feel as if the ingredient profile is as barren as Death Valley. Five grams of creatine mono, PROPERLY DOSED Leucine ( I capped it so competitors will notice the correct amount should be) 5 grams, Beta Anhydrous, along with some potassium and magnesium.

And...

And...........

Don't get me wrong properly dosed creatine and leucine is a great start. Potassium for the DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) all sound really good. Here's my issue I am not on a keto diet. I don't need to worry about or think that this product is awesome because there is only ten calories per serving. I need everything that they offer as well as BCAA's, carbs to spike the insulin, and whey protein(isolate would be epic). I feel like George Costanza in Seinfield "It's not you AML... It's me." While I feel they are on their way to something good with the ingredient profile that they currently have I, me, personally, need a lot more if I were to put money down on a recovery supplement.

One scoop of mixed berry BOMBDOTCOM! Seriously the taste was amazing especially when mixed with cold water. I would usually drink this on my out of the gym or as soon as I got home from the gym. Mixability was great as well with this product. I have no complaints with this section.

The meat and potatoes of it all. Honestly I rated it at below a 6 ( Seemed like it was working but not much of a boost ). Did I notice anything at all? Yes, but not too much. I did notice after heavy squat days I would not be as sore in the legs later on. I squat three times a week and deadlift once. Recently I have been squatting and deadlifting twice a week. I noticed after taking this the usual pain/soreness I get in my hamstrings significantly lessened. And other than that I didn't notice too much of anything else. I could tell the creatine mono was good because I would feel the usual muscle fullness that I usually get whenever I take creatine post pump. Also another way I know the creatine is working is if I get foot cramps later on because I am not properly hydrated. I wish I could go on about how this product worked wonders, increased recovery ten fold, woke up more defined etc. This just wasn't the product for ME. If I was on a serious cut for a physique comp and I was tracking less than 30 carbs a day this would be awesome. However I'm not. I'm a 5'7 short, 210 lbs strong and stout that beats my body up with lifting as heavy(and as smart as possible) without a care about watching my caloric intake or a hail mary shot for abs.

The cheapest I found with this was $39.99 for 20 servings. Pretty much two bucks per serving. Within this category this is a pretty good deal. Maybe the lack of ingredients made the cost more affordable? I'll stop with my conspiracy theories.

Side Effects

None! Always a good sign.

Conclusion

My conclusion is this: this isn't a product I would recommend to a friend nor would I try again. AML you have an amazing preworkout by which I couldn't stop ranting and raving about. This post workout wasn't on par with it. Obviously AML makes quality products and I am sure they can and possibly will come up with something better. Thank you for the opportunity although I won't be buying another tub. Your pre workout though well you know....POPS OUT
    • Mixed berry: 8/10

April 14, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Aids In Recovery
    • Tastes Good
    • Needs More Servings
    • Needs More Ingredients

Hello SR. Here to review another post recovery supplement. First I would like to thank Advanced Molecular Labs for allowing me to review their product, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. I really don't like giving a bad rating on a supplement because of value, but the prices I found this supplement for are just not worth it in my opinion. More is covered in the value section.

During the time frame of using this I was doing a weekly training program composed of 5 workout days. I followed a proper diet and training was more focused on strength and muscle maintenance. Basically I wasn't trying to bulk up or anything.

The ingredient profile is pretty short and fully disclosed with the active ingredients. There is 1g of fat within each scoop. This isn't a big issue or anything, but just made me do a second take when I saw it.

L-Leucine - 5g: Common ingredient that we all know about. For those who don't, this is the BCAA that we primarily care about for muscle recovery, growth, and strength. 5 grams is a nice dosage to receive all at once post workout.

Creatine Monohydrate - 5g: Another ingredient that we all know is good for our muscular growth and recovery. For the price of this supplement the ingredient should be the Creapure version of creatine, but it's not.

Beta Power - 2.5g: Has similar effects like creatine, but is a bit better in the areas of energy increase and power output. I see this more as a pre-workout ingredient opposed to being used for post workout supplementation.

Potassium and magnesium have been thrown in as well (electrolytes)

It's a decent ingredient profile with proper dosing, but nothing in this is really that special to me. However, the product was effective for recovery so I give it that.

Taste: The flavor is pretty spot on and I enjoyed sipping it as I cooled off after training. Tasted good mixed with my protein shakes as well.

Mixability: Mixes perfectly, not grainy, and no clumping whatsoever.

Dosing: I took one scoop post workout as recommended on the label. I did this for two weeks on its own in water to test solo effectiveness, and then started mixing with protein thereafter.

This was a decent post recovery supplement where it helped reduce muscle soreness and the feeling of being fatigued after training. The recovery effects were not as amazing as I hoped it would be since this appears to be similar to the German Creatine Loaded that I reviewed a few weeks back. The recovery effects wore off after a few hours while I noticed soreness returning as I laid down. While using the other mentioned post workout supplement my body maintained a state of recovery where soreness stayed at a minimum throughout the evening until I awoke the next morning. I'd like to note that I didn't have a nice energy boost either after training, which I expected from the Beta Power.

In short this worked for recovery with noticeable effects, but nothing really amazing to note.

This is where I just don't see it happening. The cheapest I found this for was $42.99 in a few stores, and I just think that is way too much for a 20 serving post workout supplement that doesn't really have anything too special within it. This is about 40% more than the German Creatine Loaded product I discussed, but not as effective. I really don't like dinging supplements to harshly for price if they contain ingredients worth the price and have outstanding effectiveness, but honestly I can buy a pure BCAA powder, Creapure creatine, and still have money left over for another supplement while having more than 20 servings for each of the mentioned products.

I'd say this needs a price drop or an extra 10 servings to match the price this is being sold for. Maybe others will walk into Vitamin Shoppe and purchase this at that price, but not I.

Side Effects

No side effects to report

Conclusion

This supplement has a simple and disclosed ingredient profile that has the capability of promoting muscle recovery after training. The price however is not worth it in my opinion. Thanks for allowing me to review your product Advanced Molecular Labs.
    • Mixed berry: 9/10

April 14, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Aids In Recovery
    • Reduces DOMS
    • Needs More Ingredients
    Thank you to Advanced Molecular Labs. I really appreciate this and other opportunities to try these products. Companies like you and sr.com are very helpful in my success to achieve my goals. Keep doing what you guys do... I have been on this "strength program" since 1 Jan and have always tried looking for supplements that may help me make more muscle or get more out of my workout. With that being said, I don't like hurting after a workout either. That's where "Post Workout" comes into play. I need to recover after extremely rough workouts.

(10/10)
    Ingredient profile is just that.... Full of ingredients... Now you might be thinking... NO S&!+ Sherlock... it's an ingredient profile. However, if you don't list your ingredients individually, and put how much of each ingredient on the "Ingredient label" then you can't call it an ingredient label on your product.... PROP BLENDS don't work for me... and they shouldn't work for you either. Now, back off the soap boax and lets talk ingredients....

Magnesium (100mg's) is an abundant mineral in the body, is naturally present in many foods, added to other food products, available as a dietary supplement, and present in some medicines such as antacids and laxatives.

Potassium (500mg's) builds proteins, breaks down and use carbohydrates, builds muscle, helps maintain normal body growth, among other things..

L-Leucine is one of the 3 Branched Chain Amino Acids that is responsible for stimulating muscle protein synthesis.

Creatine Monohydrate is a molecule that supports ATP production in the body and increases lean body mass, strength, power, and stamina. It can cause some water retention to depending on how much take.

Beta Power is an active metabolite of choline that increases power output and strength, decreases soreness, and supports creatine production in the body.

(10/10)

Taste- GREAT!! Had no issues with the taste. I enjoyed the flavor.

Mixability- NO CLUMPING!! Mixed well in about 8 oz of water for me. I would like to have mixed it with a protein shake but all I had was chocolate and fruit flavors don't mix well with chocolate.

Dosing-1 scoop in 6-8 oz of water is what I did. NO COMPLAINTS from this guy.

(6/10)

The effectiveness is hard for me to judge.... Did I have DOMS before I started taking the product.... yes, from time to time. Did I have an issue with DOMS while taking it? Nope. That could be because my sleep was better, workout was less, or plenty of other variables... But I'm sure some of it was because of this.

(5/10)

I usually don't look at the price before I do the review because I don't want a biased opinion before I even start taking a supplement but I liked the taste so much I thought "let me see what a tub runs"... $50+shipping!!!! OUCH!!!! I wouldn't even pay $50 for 20 servings of protein... and protein is more important to me than all the ingredients on this label.... You can get a tub for $43+ shipping on Muscle and Strength as well, but that's till a lot. I immediately knew that this was NOT a product I would buy unless I had a few extra bucks and literally couldn't by any of the essentials.... $50 for 20 servings is $2.50 a scoop.... WOOOOOW!

Side Effects

I didn't have any side effects with this product....

Conclusion

(6/10)

In the end it seems like a solid product that does some good... I'm not sure it does $2.50/serving good, but I'm sure it does some good. Once again, thanks to Advanced Molecular Labs and SR.com.... I do appreciate this wonderful opportunity.

Overall
    Overall
    6.1
    5.5
      February 29, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Aids In Recovery
    • Reduces DOMS
    • Needs More Ingredients

A special thanks to AML for allowing the chance to try out their post workout product. AML's Post workout is a special formulation containing some key prime ingredients to aid specifically in recovery and enhance protein synthesis. There are quite a few post workout supplements out on today's market so it was interesting to try something new.

The profile begins with 100mg of magnesium citrate and 500mg of potassium nitrate. Electrolytes such as these play plenty of key roles in the human's biological metabolic systems acid-base mechanisms.

Going further down the list, the three prime ingredients intended to give the product its recovery benefactor include 5g of L-Leucine, 5g of Creatine Monohydrate, and 2.5 of Betaine Anhydrous. These ingredients have been around plenty long enough so I don't think I have to explain them or their effects in detail. L-Leucine is a key BCAA in regulating the initiation of protein synthesis, creatine provides muscle with ATP among other benefits, and betaine can aid in the reparation of muscle tissue by also regulating protein synthesis and acting as a synergist to creatine.

As far as I've seen, the product only has one flavor which is mixed berry. To me, the flavor wasn't bad. It mixed and tasted well in water and sports drinks. There were no unpleasant aftertastes or upset stomach feelings from the dosage.

In terms of dosage, I would take a serving directly after my workout, usually mixed with a sports drink or water.

As you can already guess, I would gauge the efficacy of a post workout product by how it reduced my DOMS and how it effected my recovery to the extent to which I would be able to workout effectively the next day. AML Post Workout, did in fact shine in both areas provided I got in my adequate nutrition and rest. My DOMS and post workout fatigue were reduced to a satisfactory degree. I was less sore and more energized the next day, feeling ready to take on my next impending workouts.

The product takes a dip here. Each tub contains only 20 servings. I personally would prefer at least 30 for a full month's supply. The prodcut goes for a range of 40-50 dollars. For only 20 servings and limited ingredients, even if effective, seems steep. This is especially considering that many lifters may prefer to make their own recovery concoctions by using an array of products that they can buy all together for the same amount of money.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In summary, AML's post workout has it's ups and downs. The ups are that it helps in recovery and and reduces your DOMS to the point where you feel more energized and ready to destroy another workout. The downs are the price tag for the amount of servings and minimal ingredients. In all, worth a try if you can find it on sale.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!