Tasty ISO Reviews

By: Adaptogen Science

Protein > Whey Protein
Tasty ISO is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Adaptogen Science. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

January 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Quality
  • Mixes Well
  • Clean Macros
We all know that not much differs from protein to protein from all the companies out there beside the taste. Per the original note from the rep, Tasty Iso from Adaptogen Sciences is
"The best tasty whey isolate protein guaranteed". That's a fairly bold claim that I've heard and seen many times before without any weight behind it, so we'll see how this one holds up to these claims of the best tasting whey.

Only 110 calories with 24g of high quality protein per scoop and only 2g of carbs and 1g of fat. Great protein on paper and a very clean source of post workout nutrition. Based of profile alone, this is a winner.

Dosing this was easy, as I took either one or two scoops post workout depending on how much protein I felt I had gotten throughout the day. I had the vanilla version of this and thought it was pretty good, but not great. I've definitely had better vanilla proteins before. Considering a big selling point of this is the taste and that its name is literally based off of it, I was pretty disappointed in this aspect. The texture was certainly thicker than others, which did give it more of a milkshake feel that was enjoyable.

This didn't give me any issues with digestion and didn't result in any decrease in recovery from what I could tell, so I'd say this was as effective as any other isolate protein. These all start to blend together and feel hard to rate sometimes unless they weren't effective, so I try and keep them all within the same ballpark.

$1.60 per scoop, which is more or less right in line with some of the higher quality isolates out there. However, I've had others that taste much better at the same price with the same effectiveness, which would lead me to look in another direction most times unless this were on sale.

Side Effects

None. No GI issues or anything of the sort. To be expected

Overall

7.5/10

A solid protein, but I've had ones of similar quality that cost around the same price and taste better that I'd use again before this.
  • Vanilla Sundae: 7/10

Overall
Overall
7.1
  January 5, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Quality
  • Good Tasting
  • Mixes Well
  • Fast Absorption
  • Clean Macros

Hey SR, here today to review Adaptogen Science's whey isolate protein supplement Tasty Iso. Most of us have protein supplements as staples in our diets because it's the quickest and easiest way to introduce a big amount of protein into our diets without the other macros. That being said, there are preferences in types as we range from hydrolyzed whey to casein in the spectrum of fast absorbing and slow absorbing proteins, and I think that depends on our goals. In reality, if you hit your macros the types of proteins probably don't matter all too much. However, I am partial to blends, specifically whey/casein because they can be a little more cost effective, but also because they are thicker and more satiating. Being on a cut, a thicker protein shake can really be an advantage in the hunger wars. All proteins have their place though, so let's review Tasty Iso.

The macros of this are follows: 110 cals, 1 g fat, 1 net carb, 24 grams of protein. This is definitely extremely clean in terms of macros and can fit into any diet which is ideal for everyone. This does have some extras, sweeteners, creamers, etc. if that bothers you, however it doesn't for me. On a supplement like protein taste is important to me. They do use a newer creamer, called Clean Cream, derived from sunflower oil that supposedly has a better taste, profile, texture.

So this is 100% hydrolyzed whey protein isolate. On the spectrum, that's just about as fast as you can get. This type of protein is ideal for someone who wants to get that protein in immediately after a workout for recovery purposes. The problem is, they are usually a lot more expensive. Also, is this ideal for me? Not really this are usually very clean proteins (good) but usually is much thinner and sometimes it's not like drinking anything at all (bad for me). When it's all said and done though, I'm a macros guy, so 24 grams of protein in a clean profile works for me.

As far as dosing, you can take this whenever you want to meet your macros. A lot, especially with this type, take immediately after their workouts. I did this a majority of the time, but also took it at other times. Mixability was great, I usually go straight water in a shaker and took very minimal shaking to get it mixed through. I had the chocolate truffle flavor, and we all know chocolate can be tricky and hit or miss. They definitely went more with a dark chocolate taste on this, and I'm not really a fan of dark chocolate but I really did enjoy this. Hit a perfect balance of sweet and creamy, so maybe he new creamer made a difference here. I looked forward to it and it didn't get old throughout the tub. They nailed it.

Being a scoop of this is just a fraction of the amount of protein we consume daily, it's hard to judge the pure effectiveness of a protein. Also, like many of us, protein is not the only other supplement I take for recovery (aminos, sleep, etc). That being said, my recovery did not suffer when I switched to this protein. It did satisfy my sweet tooth even though it's an isolate which is a plus. My hunger was present pretty quickly after drinking, but that was expected. It did allow me some flexibility in terms of macros and diet with such a clean profile however. Overall, this did it's job very well with taste and fitting into my diet. It being a super fast absorbing protein as well is a plus for some, so this is a great protein.

Here's the downside. $45 for 30 servings. I think this is high, but could be considered fair. Other premium isolates, like Nutrabio, are $40 for 30 servings. You can find Myprotein for $25, but a little lower on the amount of protein you get. Those are isolate, where this is hydrolyzed so it's going to be faster (marginally in reality) and more expensive. This, I can say from experience, does taste a lot better than those other proteins which is a factor for me. So is this expensive? Yes, but reasonable if this is the type of protein you want.

Side Effects

Conclusion

No doubt about it, this is a great protein. Would I buy it again? Probably not, as since I'm just a macro guy I can't justify the money to spend on this type of protein. If you need a super fast delicious protein though this is an option.

January 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Good Tasting
  • Mixes Well
  • Good Quality

First off I want to thank Adaptogen Science for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This will be my second product from Adaptogen I will have tried. With some of the changes this company has been making with some of their products as of lately I am really starting to like this company a lot more now. When they decided to put some of their newer products on the trooper program I had to give them a try. I am not usually that big into Isolate proteins as much but always willing to give them a try once in awhile.

This is made up of hydrolyzed whey protein isolate. I feel this has a pretty clean type profile to it and does not have a lot of extra fillers and stuff you don't need or want. This will be your fast digesting type proteins they use in this. You get 24g of protein. I like to get at least 25g per serving and feel that should be the standard amount you should get each time so I am fine with the 24g. You get 110 calories, 1g total fat, 0g of sugar, 2g carbs, 60mg Sodium, and 480mg Potassium. Also you get 5.5g of BCAAs and 2.6g of Luecine. This is also lactose free and gluten free. This is cold pressed meaning it retains many of its fragile immune factors and nutrients leaving it loaded with the ideal blend of easily absorbed amino acids, anti-inflammatory immune factors and metabolism-boosting peptides, along with potent antioxidants and alkaline minerals.

The flavor I got was chocolate truffle. WOW was this ever tasty. Had a really nice rich chocolate taste to it. This was something I really looked forward to drinking each time. No weird chemical or bad after taste to this at all.

This comes in a real fine like powder. This mixed very well for me and no issues at all with it not fully mixing up. When mixed it was like chocolate milk but just a little thicker but nothing to overly thick at all. I would do 1 scoop post workout. Since this is a fast digesting type protein post work is the best time to use ISO protein.

I look to protein to help me with recovery, how well it digests in my stomach and what kind of size and gains it helps me with. I thought overall this was really good at helping me on my recovery. With this being a faster digesting type protein it was good to get this into my system right away after my workouts so it could start working right away. I felt this really helped me a lot on my recovery. I seemed to feel a lot better the next day when I would workout again and a lot less sore. I did still feel some soreness in my muscles but I felt it was way less than if I had not taken this. I know there were a few times I did not take this after my workout and I could tell I had not taken it because I felt a little more sore than usual the next day. I think this helped me a lot to limit any DOMS I might have gotten. There were a few workouts I had that when I was done I felt totally shot and could really feel it and I feel this really helped me a lot to regain some of that energy and help me to feel a little better.

I think overall this was really good on my stomach and never caused me any unwanted stomach issues. Also had no bathroom issues shortly after taking this. This is a good thing because then you know your not getting some kind of cheap type of protein. I felt this digested quickly into my system because I never felt this was just sitting right there in my stomach for a long period of time just waiting to digest and then leave me feeling all bloated. For the most part this is a pretty clean type protein and because of that I noticed very little in the way of bloating which was nice. I know that after I would take this I felt it help take away my appetite for awhile and kept me feeling more full. That was good if I knew I was not going to be eating my next meal for awhile.

I think this has helped me a lot at helping me to put on more size and muscle mass. I know as of lately my overall body weight has been going up a bit. I feel like I have been able to build more muscle lately because of how much better I had been feeling lately in the gym. Also I have been noticing a lot more fullness in my muscles. It is great when I can start noticing more size and muscle mass that I am putting on.

The cheapest I could find this was on amazon.com and they want $47.11 for 30 servings. For a 2lb container I think this is really pricy. I know ISO proteins are usually a big more expensive but don't feel they are worth the extra cost. I would like to see some other sites start carrying their product and that would help some at getting the price down a bit.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

I think overall this was a pretty decent protein for me. I liked that this has a pretty clean ingredient profile to it and not much for extra fillers in this. If your looking for a decent ISO protein that has a pretty clean profile wise and effective this would be a product I would highly recommend. Do I think ISO proteins are that much better than regular whey no but they are nice to have once in awhile. I would say ISO protiens are maybe a little better if your something trying to cut more so than bulking. I will say they did a outstanding job on getting the down really nicely with this. The down side to this product is price. I know ISO proteins are a little more expensive but should not this high for a 2lb tub. It would really help it a few other sites could start carrying their products and that would a lot to get the prices down a little. I think this is worth using again but I need the price to down a little before I would get it again. I do like the direction this company is going in and really interested in wanting to try their newer products. Again I want to give a big shout out to Adapoten Science for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.
  • Chocolate Truffle.: 9/10