Night Flight Reviews

By: Adaptogen Science

Amino Acids > Recovery
Night Flight is a Recovery Product manufactured by Adaptogen Science. It is an amino acid based product that is designed to assist in workout recovery.

6.9
  February 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Immune Boost
  • Sleep Through The Night
  • Recovery
  • Some Sleep Hangover
  • Prop Blend

Hey SR, here today to review Adaptogen Science's sleep and recovery aid Night Flight. I'm a huge fan of sleep and recovery aids as I am a firm believer that quality sleep is one of the biggest factors in seeing progress in your goals. As easy as this sounds, with the crazy lifestyles, work schedules, common stresses, and caffeine (guilty) in our lives it's easier said than done. I have used basic single supplements for sleep to premium sleep products so let's see where Night Flight lands.

Some high points and low points for this profile in my opinion. The lowest point? Prop blend. For sleep supplements, especially since some can cause some side effects, I feel this hurts more than normal, it would be nice to know how much of each ingredient you're getting. It also looks like some of these ingredients are under dosed if you look at effective doses, but sometimes synergistic works as well. The highlights? Night Flight addresses sleep and recovery in a lot ways, some pretty unique for this category. We get some Vitamin D, Zinc, and Magnesium in the profile which are nice. For Immune support we have Vitamin C, Glutamine, and Colostrum. At about 2g in the prop bled, you're definitely not getting enough glutamine, but Vitamin C is always welcome in my world and Colostrum has IgG that helps fight off disease and has antibodies for immune support. For sleep we have GABA, 5-HTP, Tryptophan, and Melatonin. All of these are pretty well known sleep agents. Some people don't like Melatonin because of sleep hangovers, however I have never really had a problem with it. It is missing some ingredients I like, Phenibut (the better form of GABA but has some dependency issues), Valerian Root, and L-Dopa. What I was most looking forward too in this was the joint support, which usually isn't in sleep products. We have all the heavy hitters with Glucosamine, MSM, HA, Bromelain, etc. However, at at 2.6g prop blend you're not getting the effective doses of each. Overall, this is a nice profile. I wish it wasn't a prop blend but I like the concept and hoping the synergistic effects would provide great sleep and recovery.

Dosing is easy one scoop 30 min before bed. Mixability was good too, a little foaming action that I had to wait to settle. I was extremely worried about the flavor of Chamomile Lime Tea, as I hate tea, but surprisingly it was very good and I began to look forward to it. Nothing to complain about here in comparison to other powder sleep aids.

Alright, how well did it work? Overall, I thought it was a pretty good product. In terms of sleep, this did not make me fall asleep faster which was disappointing. I like when these products give you a relaxing feeling and make your drowsy so as soon as you hit the bed you're out. The quality of sleep however was very nice. It was very deep and restful with some weird dreams which means you're in a really good REM sleep. I did see some enhanced recovery benefits with less muscle soreness in the morning. I did however have some sleep hangover somedays, a little harder to get up and going as I wanted to stay in bed even though I got a good 7-8 hours of sleep. I think a strong component of this was the immune support, as I did not get sick and overall felt better even though some nasty colds were going around my workplace. I was disappointed in the joint support however, as I saw a little relief in some nagging joint pain but nothing really to write home about. Overall, I would rate this as above average as it did provide some nice sleep and recovery, but lags behind some of the other sleep products I enjoy like Resurrect PM.

This is currently out of stock at a lot of places, the lowest I could find is $42 for 30 servings. I feel this very expensive as products I enjoyed more are less expensive. I could see the value in this if the joint support worked better, but for me it would make it a tough buy again.

Side Effects

Some sleep hangover effects.

Conclusion

Above average sleep aid, nice sleep, recovery, and immune support but would like to seethe joint formula improved and more competitive price.

January 30, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Immune Boost
  • Joint Support
  • Sleep Through The Night
  • No Groginness
  • Closed Label
  • Low Doses

I have used many different sleep supplements over the years. Having young children and needing to train early in the morning, getting to sleep and staying there is critical for me. I have used stand alone product as well as combinations. I am alway excited to try out new sleep formulas.

Vitamin D3 For Sleep as cholecalciferol: 800IU
-A deficiency in Vitamin D leads to sleep disorders. It can have negative impacts on the amount and quality of sleep one gets, which in turn effects the mood upon waking.

Vitamin B (Pyridoxine HCL): 4mg
-It helps to regulate sleep patterns by converting small amounts of tryptophan to niacin and serotonin.

Magnesium (amino acid chelate): 40mg
-It is often used in sleep supplements due to its ability to decrease cortisol, the stress hormone that keeps you up at night. It helps to relax you and give you a sleepy feeling.

Zinc (amino acid chelate): 7.5mg
-It is also often used in sleep supplements. It has a sedative effect on the nervous system. It is thought to help with mental recovery post stress, or training. It improves the quality of sleep especially when insomnia is involved.

Boron (citrate): 5mg
-It is a micro-mineral that has many important roles in the body. It works well with vitamin D to increase content of bones and it increases and regulates magnesium, among other things. It regulates hormone production. A lack of Boron could lead to many things like muscle pain, memory problems, depression, hormonal imbalance and weak, brittle bones. All of these things are not conducive to a good night's sleep.

Joint Support Blend 2580mg
Since it is a proprietary blend, it is impossible to know the amounts of each ingredient.
Glucosamine Sulfate
-It is a natural compound found in healthy cartilage, mostly in the fluid around the joints. It has anti-inflammatory properties and has shown signs of cartilage regeneration.

Chondroitin Sulfate
-It is a mother component of cartilage that helps to retain water. It may provide pain relief for some people and can improve some hindered joint movements slightly.

Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hylauronate)
-It has been shown to help in treatment of arthritis.

Bromelain 2400GDU
-It is an enzyme that has protein digesting properties. It can support healthy digestion. It also may help to support joint comfort and receive temporary soreness associated with muscle overuse.

MSM
Methylsulfonymethane is used to lower inflammation and help restore healthy bodily tissue.

Immune Blend 2100mg
Another proprietary blend.

Vitamin C(Ascorbic acide)
-Several cells in the immune system need vitamin C to perform their task, especially phagocytes and t-cells. A lack of vitamin C can reduce resistance against certain pathogens. A higher supply can in turn enhance several immune system parameters.

L-Glutamine
-enhances the ability of the immune system to deal with high stress workouts. It also helps in recovery.

Colostrum 30% IgG
-It can boost immunity because it is a critical nutrient source, it can help to develop the immune system, it reduces inflammation, it is anti-microbial, it can help improve metabolism and it helps to fight cancers.

Sleep, Relaxation & Recovery Blend 530mg
Another propriety blend.

GABA(y-AminoButyric Acid)
-This neurotransmitter dampens nerve activity. People with insomnia often have reduced levels of GABA.

L-Tryptophan
-This amino acid increases serotonin, which increases melatonin. These help to regulate sleep and mood. It helps to counter sleep disturbances.

5HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan)
-It is a by-product of L-Tryptophan, thus helps the body produce more serotonin.

Melatonin
-This natural hormone is made by the pineal gland and helps to control sleep and wake cycles. When melatonin levels rise, you begin to feel less alert, making sleep more inviting.

Taste: I tried the Passion Fruit Tea version and it was quite enjoyable. It did have that certain chemical quality that most sleep supplements have but it is by far better than other that I have tried in the past. 8/10

Mixability: It mixed pretty good. It had no graininess or leftover when using the recommended liquid quantity of 4-6oz.

Dosing: At 7g per scoop, the tub yield is 30 servings and I found that to be accurate. I like that there is a full 30 day supply as some others out there have only 20-25 servings, so I appreciate that. I used the full 7g scoop every time and I found that to be pretty good for me.

In terms of ingredient dosing, like I stated above, it is difficult to say due to the fact that they are hidden in blends, but some of the blends at pretty small and I'd like to see higher doses of certain ingredients, like melatonin.

Adaptogen promotes Night flight as being able to strengthen joints, boost immune system and have you sleep all night and be ready to go in the morning.

In terms of joint support, this is pretty difficult for me to judge. I have never had any problems, pain or stiffness in my joints (knock on wood). I cannot say either way if Night Flight helped me in this regard. I will say though, that my joints did not start to hurt or become stiff while using it, and that the ingredients included are certainly those that are often found in joint support products. Therefore, I will leave this section for others to comment on.

As an immune system booster, I would like to think that it did work for me. I am a primary school teacher, therefore I often around germs and sickness. I usually tolerate these quite well from years of being exposed to them. For some reason however, the first part of this school year (Sept-Nov) I found myself feeling under the weather quite a bit. Mostly common colds. Since using Night Flight, I have not been sick at all. Now this may very well just be coincidence, but either way, I have not been sick, and I am happy with that.

In terms of sleep, I found Night Flight to be quite effective at promoting a calm state before bed and keeping me asleep throughout the night. For me, it was not a knockout supplement. It simply prepared me and calmed my body and mind in preparation for sleep. If however, I was not ready for bed and took it while continuing with things like work around the house or homework, the feeling of sleepiness went away really quick. For me, the best time to take it was about 10 minutes before bed and making sure that I was in bed as soon as possible. In this state, I could say that I would fall asleep very quickly and never really woke up during the night like I usually do. I give it an 8/10 for this. I would have rated it higher if it had the ability to put me to sleep every time, regardless of what I was doing.

I terms of morning recovery, many other sleep supplements have you feeling groggy and tired in the morning. That is not the case with night flight. I can't say that I was more alert or ready for the day that usual, but I did not experience any grogginess or tiredness after taking it. Since melatonin is that last ingredient in a 530mg blend, it probably does not have a big enough effect to induce the grogginess effect.

overall effectiveness 8/10

At the time of writing this review, I could only find this product at two online stores. One being Adaptogen's own website at $49.95 and the other being massforlife.com at $41.99. Either way it is priced fairly similarly to other popular sleep aids. MTS Nutrition's Machine Sleep is set at $39.99 and Ronnie Coleman's Resurrect PM is at $36.99. The differences here however is that both of these, as well as many others have an open label, so you can be sure of the ingredients you are taking in. Either way, for an effective formula, I'd say it is pretty well priced, but still would not be my go at this price. I would like an open label in order to spend as much as other that do use open labels.

----Side Effects--I did not notice any side effects from taking the product. It does contain melatonin at an undisclosed amount, so theoretically, one may experience some morning grogginess from this. I however, did not.

--Conclusion----

Overall, I think that adaptogen has a pretty good product in the night time support category with Night Flight. Like I stated earlier, if you are looking for a knockout, this isn't it. This is something to help prepare you for sleep and to ensure you stay there throughout the night. As a bonus, it have other goodies as well, which separate it from others in this category. I only wish that the label was open. I would recommend it to others and it does work. Have said that, I would choose a similar product, with an open label first if comparing two similar products side by side. Overall 7/10
  • Passion Fruit Tea: 8/10

January 25, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Immune Boost
  • Sleep Through The Night
  • Joint Support

Whats up SR, I chose this product to review as I workout very early in the mornings sometimes its hard to get a lot of sleep in, so when I get the chance I like to make my sleep as optimal as possible. Thanks to the Trooper program and Adaptogen for sending it out.

The profile on this is quite extensive, but it is broken down into 3 different prop blends, which is certainly not ideal but I'll touch on each of them below:

Joint Support Blend (2.58g): Glucosamine Sulfate, Chondroitin Sulfate, Hyaluronic Acid, Bromelain 2400 GDU, MSM

Immune Blend (2.1g): Vitamin C, L- Glutamine, Colostrum 30% IgG

Sleep, relaxation and recovery blend (530mg): GAGA, L-Tryptophan, 5-HTP, Melatonin

Overall pretty comprehensive as both a sleep and recovery supplement. Its basically 3 products in one

The flavor I received was Passion Fruit tea, which was super pleasant, not very sweet and a subtle hint of tea flavour made it perfect before bed as opposed to overloading your taste buds with super sweet flavors before trying to sleep. Mixability had zero issues. Dosing was one scoop before bed (I did around 30 minutes before bed), one side note was right before my first use I noticed the handle of my scooper had broken in half, a little annoying but Im sure not a common issue.

I'll break this down into the same categories as their blends to keep things simple.

Joint Support: I can honestly say that being a young guy I have no issues with my joints, so I cant say I noticed any effects here.

Immune Boost: This actually ended up being a blessing in disguise as right before starting this product I caught a nasty cold that was going around at work, With the immune blend and super dedication to beating the cold I was able to get over it in a matter of days. A very nice touch to add to any sleep supplement.

Sleep: This is what we are really here for, and I can say I was impressed. I found this never really "put me out", but I found the benefits more in regards to staying asleep then anything else. I wasn't tossing and turning, I would close my eyes and wake up feeling like I got a very solid sleep in, even on 5 hours of sleep. I like the addition of the 5-HTP as well, helped my morning mood be a little better then normal, which my girlfriend certainly never complained about. I also never had the sleep hangover effect that other sleep aids have given me in the past, and that I was really happy with.

The value on this is where it does take a slight hit, it retails from Adaptogen for $50 for a 30 serving tub, not totally ideal for the sleep supplement market. But since this is multiple products in one I will give it some credit there.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion this was a very well put together sleep supplement that offers the user a variety of other benefits. If you are looking for something to help put you out this may not be the product for you as the effects in terms of drowsiness are pretty minimal. However if you are in the market for a product that can help you make the most out of a few hours of sleep without a nasty sleep hangover and you have a few extra bucks laying around I would give this a try!
  • Passion Fruit Tea: 9/10